Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Or Taurus :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Rufioh is a pretty cool dude! So is Tavros for that matter, in his own not-very-cool sort of way.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Aquarius. :shepicide: or Capricorn :unsmigghh:

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

havenwaters posted:

Aquarius. :shepicide: or Capricorn :unsmigghh:
Cancer, bitches! Karkat all the way. Definitely no other guy.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Saggitarius
:getin:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Pretty sure us Scorpios still reign supreme. And since my sidereal sign is Libra, it means that i get all of Team Scourge. Aaaaaaaall of the Scourges.

e: Here's something that isn't AstrologyChat.

Freak Futanari fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Oct 29, 2012

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

AT THE OFFICES OF GOOGLE

“Over the past week we’ve seen a huge increase in people using our services to translate intensely sexual bits of text between English and Japanese.”

“We’re still trying to figure out what this means.”

I wonder why

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Is there a source on this besides some random dude's tumblr? Because holy poo poo that is hilarious if real.

vvv EDIT: Damnit don't ruin my fun.

CidGregor fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Oct 29, 2012

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I'm pretty sure that's just a joke.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
As with most internet poo poo, pretending it's real makes it more fun (if no less fake).

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Renaissance Robot posted:

As with most internet poo poo, pretending it's real makes it more fun (if no less fake).

Also, faeries, magic, and confidence. Fakey fake fake.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Technique posted:

e: Here's something that isn't AstrologyChat.

It never stops occurring.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Dammit Hussie I'm stuck at home due to Hurricane Sandy and need something to read.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
So I was thinking about these past couple updates and how Halloween is coming up.

- Scary poo poo happens on Halloween, and it's usually something we aren't expecting.

- We're building up for a highpoint with Vriska and Meenah meeting up. Hussie is teasing it loving hard. Something feels off.

- It's pretty clear most of the alpha trolls are toast.

- Lord English is attracted to high concentrations of ghosts.

- There's a lot of weird poo poo in those dreambubble chests. JuJu's, cherub teeth, etc.

- He is already here.

On October 31, English is going to crash the everloving gently caress out of this party, before Meenah can build her army, before Vriska can find her treasure, and possibly even before the meteor can leave the bubble.

poo poo is going to get real.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
Come October 31st, it will be a full year since we first saw lord English; it was Halloween last year that he sprung forth from doc scratch's puppety chest like a huge pirate pimping muscle-building incredible-hulking big cal and unleashed the vast honk.

We're almost certainly going to see him again in a few days, and since death and destruction follow him wherever he goes then things are looking grim for all these dream bubble kids.

Basically, rufioh should stop fretting about how to dump horuss because in a few days he's gonna be a doubledead ghostghost and it won't matter anymore.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

Luminous Obscurity posted:

- We're building up for a highpoint with Vriska and Meenah meeting up. Hussie is teasing it loving hard. Something feels off.

poo poo is going to get real.

Yeah I am pretty sure Hussie has never teased something so hard in the past without a major twist, the only thing that was teased and turned out As Expected was Jade's Gristmas Alchamlizing Spectacular I think.

but a cut away, a fake pre-mature EoI, and now a fake load-screen? yeah. something is not going to go As Expected.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
The next flash will just be Horuss mercilessly bludgeoning Lord English to death with his large horse dildo, and Homestuck will just end there.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Luminous Obscurity posted:

On October 31, English is going to crash the everloving gently caress out of this party, before Meenah can build her army, before Vriska can find her treasure, and possibly even before the meteor can leave the bubble.

The meteor already left the bubble.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

RandallODim posted:

It never stops occurring.

It transpires persistently.

Bongo Bill posted:

The meteor already left the bubble.

It is already out of here.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Possibility: a third consecutive psyche-out ends the intermission. [S] ACT 6 ACT 4 will take the story back to Caliborn who is doing bad things.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

English showing up and double-killing the dancestor bubble would be a good opportunity to permakill the fantrolls as well. We've just been meeting new trolls non-loving-stop so capping it off with those two being introduced and immediately following that with them, and a ton of others, being murdered forever, is a fairly likely thing to have happen.

Plus then you have all these new characters introduced and immediately killed which is pretty funny.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Kelp Plankton posted:

English showing up and double-killing the dancestor bubble would be a good opportunity to permakill the fantrolls as well. We've just been meeting new trolls non-loving-stop so capping it off with those two being introduced and immediately following that with them, and a ton of others, being murdered forever, is a fairly likely thing to have happen.

Plus then you have all these new characters introduced and immediately killed which is pretty funny.

Defeating expectations, the bubble with Tavros, Vriska, Aranea and Meenah is obliterated, permanently killing them, and all the other A1 trolls grow into positions of relevance.

Alternatively they're all obliterated and the two fantrolls take their place.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Caliborn shows up. Not Lord English, but Caliborn before becoming Lord English.

Zandar
Aug 22, 2008
The main twist I've been expecting is Meenah recruiting Tavros as the leader of her army.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Zandar posted:

The main twist I've been expecting is Meenah recruiting Tavros as the leader of her army.

This is what I expect except instead of Tavros, John decides to join.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Wrist Watch posted:

That would make a lot of sense, actually. Dude already seems kind of disillusioned with the situation right now. Karkat said he would, and I think it would be pretty neat to have the three of them palling around trying to kill LE.

Zandar
Aug 22, 2008

Wrist Watch posted:

I'd considered that as well, but I thought Tavros was the least obvious choice and so the most likely. Looking back, though, Meenah recruiting both Karkat and John would lend her efforts a nice symmetry, especially with both of them unable to actually join right now.

I wouldn't be surprised if Meenah and Vriska hardly talk to each other, in any case.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I don't think John can join, being a dream projection and not actually present. On the other hand, with the way he knocked Bec Noir around he might actually be the best choice since he can hurt his opponent but can't be killed back.

In fact, surely one of the best ways to attack Lord English would be for all the living characters to go to sleep then go hunting for him in the dream bubbles?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Dolash posted:

I don't think John can join, being a dream projection and not actually present. On the other hand, with the way he knocked Bec Noir around he might actually be the best choice since he can hurt his opponent but can't be killed back.

In fact, surely one of the best ways to attack Lord English would be for all the living characters to go to sleep then go hunting for him in the dream bubbles?

I'm pretty sure that Lord English can basically kill the poo poo outta you whether you're dead or alive, awake or dreaming.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Technique posted:

I'm pretty sure that Lord English can basically kill the poo poo outta you whether you're dead or alive, awake or dreaming.

Regardless of whether he can, I don't think anyone wants to be the ones to find out.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Karkat's confusion over what the 'dream hologram' stuff is might end up being more relevant than we realize if John and Karkat are going to go up against Lord English in some form while they're sleeping. If killing those things just wakes the real person up, and you've got someone like Vriska who can make people fall asleep at will, you could probably throw them at a problem indefinitely.

Which makes me think there has to be more to it than that, that these projections are something more- they're obviously not dead dream selves, since Jade's dreamself mentioned experiencing things in the afterlife once she had been revived(something that I still expect to become important and relevant at some point) and their ability to exist within the realm of the dead is probably pretty important. These are some sort of tools that the horrorterrors have provided, and presumably, they have a reason for doing so beyond "kids and trolls can hang out while they sleep and meet dead people". Something like what Meenah is attempting, or what Vriska is looking into both play into what the Horrorterrors want most, which is for Lord English to stop killing them.

Rose has shown that the Horrorterrors are dangerous when you take their gifts for granted. But everyone continues to do so, dreaming and wandering endlessly as they continue on their voyage. You'd have a hard time rejecting this though- you would become the sleepless Karkat we had a while ago. So with no option to reject the offer of the Horrorterrors here, and the goal of stopping Lord English aligning with the goal of the Horrorterrors, is there any real chance of getting out of this situation without any significant problems happening afterwards? Say they eliminate Lord English- do the Horrorterrors simply do away with the dream bubbles? Are the dead gone forever regardless of if English is double-murdering them or not? What happens when they dream then?

I'm just curious why they're not more leery of those things. Horrorterrors are helpful right now but they are probably still bad news.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!

Technique posted:

Yeah, a random hunch I can't substantiate at all is that at some point we'll learn LE is basically Freddy Krueger in that if he kills you in a dream you really die.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

Yeah, a random hunch I can't substantiate at all is that at some point we'll learn LE is basically Freddy Krueger in that if he kills you in a dream you really die.

Yeah, considering Lord English's giant gently caress-off mouth laser can shatter the fabric of paradox space itself, I'm pretty sure it doesn't give a flying gently caress if it's a living self, dream self, dead self, or a god tier. If it's in the way, it's just gone.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case. English's power to obliterate souls is unique only to him as far as we know, but it makes sense he would have a similar power over dream-selves. Though I was thinking of it more in terms of how if you die in The Matrix you die in real life.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
In terms of being part of Sburb and the HS universe, I don't think the horrorterrors are bad news. They're a part of the game, just a Derse-related part.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

Caliborn shows up. Not Lord English, but Caliborn before becoming Lord English.
The rest of homestuck is just Vriska and Meenah kicking him in the balls or nearest analogous cherub bits. Over and over.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Seoinin posted:

The rest of homestuck is just Vriska and Meenah kicking him in the balls or nearest analogous cherub bits. Over and over.

The twist is that this is what makes him snap and start destroying everything.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case. English's power to obliterate souls is unique only to him as far as we know, but it makes sense he would have a similar power over dream-selves. Though I was thinking of it more in terms of how if you die in The Matrix you die in real life.

Destroying souls, eh? Interestingly this happens to be an explicit part of Dirk's aspect.

Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

...some kind of monster, I think.

We've already seen that - Dirk's own soul is splintered into all those different shards, hence his being all of his selves at once. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if the autoresponder was literally a fragment of him split off several years ago then stuck in a robot.

So it's not quite the same thing as what Lord English is doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Pyradox posted:

We've already seen that - Dirk's own soul is splintered into all those different shards, hence his being all of his selves at once. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if the autoresponder was literally a fragment of him split off several years ago then stuck in a robot.

There's a Voldemort/Horcruxes joke here somewhere.