Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Southern states actually don't have very strong metro-governance as a general rule, a lot of them are council-manager driven and a lot of the power is resolved at the state or county levels.

outside of annexation powers, but even that's been heavily circumscribed recently due to the growth of suburbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

This is new because you have previously spent a whole lot of time saying Chicago is an awful place that you hated.

You guys say florida is an awful place that you hate. Day to day all you do there is get drunk and sit on the beach. That doesn't make it not an awful place people hate. Chicago definitely is expensive as gently caress though and you'll get robbed while you're there. by a white guy in a suit or a uniform

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

The Muppets On PCP posted:

outside of annexation powers, but even that's been heavily circumscribed recently due to the growth of suburbs

I guess what I mean is that the specific issue for why like, Chicago is really corrupt and segregated is very different

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Earlier today I was thinking, "Wasn't there some reason 5 years ago you wanted to get a magnetic screwdriver? Nah, probably just fake news."

Then I remembered how tiny MB screws were.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Volkerball posted:

You guys say florida is an awful place that you hate. Day to day all you do there is get drunk and sit on the beach. That doesn't make it not an awful place people hate. Chicago definitely is expensive as gently caress though and you'll get robbed while you're there. by a white guy in a suit or a uniform

I actually don't hate Florida? And no, I prolly won't be robbed. And, cities are generally "expensive."

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I actually don't hate Florida? And no, I prolly won't be robbed. And, cities are generally "expensive."

i mean "you guys" as in the dadchat hivemind. like GENERALLY you hate florida. *bugsbunnycutsfloridaoff.gif* and yeah you'll be doin the robbing huh. redistributing the wealth to the aristocracy

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Volkerball posted:

i mean "you guys" as in the dadchat hivemind. like GENERALLY you hate florida. and yeah you'll be doin the robbing huh. redistributing the wealth to the aristocracy

*hits bingo*

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

those dadchatters

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

cinci zoo sniper posted:

those dadchatters

:ohdear: kals roll the window up

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I don't think I've ever said anything bad about Florida personally, I like it.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hey guys! I just want to make sure everyone gets plenty of healthy snacks and naps during the league!
My recommendations to keep you awake and semi-alert.
Drinks
Personally I recommend a mix of Monster energy drink and Grey Goose Vodka. Red Bull and other vodkas work, but I find that Grey Goose and Monster is easier to keep down after 14-15 steady hours of drinking.
Some people may find that it's easier to make every other drink a neat whiskey, sipped over a longer period of time. This really cuts down on the jitters if you happen to be caffeine sensitive.
Food
Food is important. You can't play if you don't have food, because everyone knows eating every 3-4 hours is something you have to do, or you'll die.
I like to keep a plethora of menus near my table. My personal favorite is Pizza Hut who offer an 8 slice Meat Lovers Stuffed Crust pizza that you'll find pairs wonderfully with your Monster and Vodka.
Chips are also a good addition but you'll have to pick those up beforehand.
If pizza isn't your thing I've found that egg rolls are a great finger food and deliverable to most places.
Delivery is the most important part of food selection. This allows you to time delivery with your bathroom breaks so you don't waste time.
Sleep
Sleep is super important. I find that the best way to make sure you get enough sleep after release is to reward yourself with an 8 hour session of it right after your first Shaper kill. About 28 hours in this is going to provide great motivation to quit screwing around and actually push some drat content. Sleep is for closers.
I hope everyone has a great release and stays safe and healthy using these simple tricks!

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

I mean, Florida got problems and a whole lot of racist white trash live there but, it's got a lot of things going for it

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
https://twitter.com/ryxnf/status/837711835918893057

lol

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
I want to see VB visit Flushing.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Cease to Hope posted:

there is no universally-agreed-upon unit of segregation

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Index_of_dissimilarity

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
All in all the case is good so far, but from the position of a complete layperson I'd have to ask: You really couldn't find the time to put "Stand offs vary by mainboard type" in your instruction booklet? (Also the letters near the holes are hard to read because you insisted on doing black on black.)

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Randler posted:

All in all the case is good so far, but from the position of a complete layperson I'd have to ask: You really couldn't find the time to put "Stand offs vary by mainboard type" in your instruction booklet? (Also the letters near the holes are hard to read because you insisted on doing black on black.)

they have to make building a PC difficult somehow to keep Alienware in business

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

fill that in with the box into ~nordic design~

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

boner confessor posted:

they have to make building a PC difficult somehow to keep Alienware in business

alienware are kept in business by babyboomers

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Culvers for lunch

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I'm also very cross with what I assume is German or Austrian design on the cooler backplate. The clips suck.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

I'm also very cross with what I assume is German or Austrian design on the cooler backplate. The clips suck.
sounds like north-north-western german design then

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

I want to see VB visit Flushing.

new theory, volkerball is the off camera boyfriend who kicks out fran fine in one of those crushing scenes because he couldn't cope with her working in a bridal shop in flushing

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Also, that ASUS CPU installation thing is dumb.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Randler posted:

Also, that ASUS CPU installation thing is dumb.

the last ASUS motherboard I had was loving trash

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
A situation has emerged. As suspected it is the cooler.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

A situation has emerged. As suspected it is the cooler.

:ohdear:

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

mandatory lesbian posted:

the true americana experience is finding a dingy shack called The T-Room or something similar where they serve greasy food on plates that you have to kind of hope have been washed at some point in the last week

Out by Waukesha WI that would be Jimmy Grottos and their greasy as gently caress calzones

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
holy gently caress czech tv rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b-RgRuJ7Tw

i mean what the gently caress

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8KsM4EknjU

this show sapped eurovisions spirit like the bad guys in space jam and that's why it sucks now.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

The crossbar, I think it is not entirely level so I do not get both screws to hold their respective pins at the same time unless I only screw softly. Then it holds, but I'm not sure if it holds enough.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

The crossbar, I think it is not entirely level so I do not get both screws to hold their respective pins at the same time unless I only screw softly. Then it holds, but I'm not sure if it holds enough.
:yikes:

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

The Muppets On PCP posted:

There's a reason Houston has the highest social mobility and is, demonstrably, the most ethnically diverse city in the country and a big part of that reason is when Southern *and Northern* cities - mostly Northern, historically, which is where racism and segregation was first rampantly enforced through redlining and other institutional means instead of violence - allowed shitloads of white flight communities to slip the surly bonds of muni districts and touch the face of segregation, Houston annexed the gently caress out of every single one it could get its hands on, which is why it isn't a basket case like Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco and so on. It's an actual metro area (one of the largest cities in the country in population *and* area) with contiguous areas and a tax base.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
it's a weird feeling seeing beyonces strong independent woman shtick haphazardly strapped to a white woman with no rear end and a thick slav accent. like yeah ok you don't care what i think and you don't need my permission and such, i can respect that. but i mean, you are in blackface, blacklegs, blackfeet, blackarms, like. that's bad and you shouldn't do that. does that make me sexist?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KzAorjE5ss

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

:ohdear:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

seeing your cooler i really dislike the idea of screwing it in softly

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
oh my god they don't know what english words to censor lmao i'm dead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlT2BTMR7uM#t=1m44s

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

seeing your cooler i really dislike the idea of screwing it in softly

I think I've done it now, with literally alternatinv one or half turns alternating between each screw

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
To expand on this, it's now as tight as I can with these screwdrivers without risking damage to the screw or the driver. I think the one side might still a little tighter than the other, but screw it.

This will likely hold and keep it from squishing. If the temps are not okay I'll throw this one out and get a different cooler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

I think I've done it now, with literally alternatinv one or half turns alternating between each screw
ah, that makes sense, if the frame is just hosed up a little bit

• Locked thread