Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Jazzzzz posted:

someone brought a marauder to 1dq expecting to lose it and did, news at 11

They had a whole kitchen sink fleet there. It worked really well at first because goons can't help themselves and kept suiciding themselves at them, so we formed a corm fleet and they got massacred. It was fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Being Snuffed Out on steroids sounds like it would be pretty fun tbh

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo
i was too busy writing the war update and didn't check and realize that vily actually tried to make a thing out of the three traitors in DYS, lawl what a tool

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Honestly given the current state of null I’m 100% ok with this

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

DGC773 posted:

STRATEGIC. REMOVE THE IMPERIUM FROM DELVE

OPERATIONAL. INTERDICT IMPERIUM EVACUATION ROUTES FOR MAXIMUM DAMAGE TO MORALE AND FIGHTING CAPABILITY

TACTICAL. DESTROY JUMP BRIDGE NETWORK

this is so sad, please stop posting here

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

i don't get the fixation on jump bridges

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Made you post gate?

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
Are you going to post the war update here?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
War update? I thought this was the ratting grievances thread

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Snail Information posted:

Are you going to post the war update here?

https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/304805-war-update-our-finest-hour/

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
If panfam goes home, do legacy keep fighting?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

jb envy

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Snail Information posted:

If panfam goes home, do legacy keep fighting?

Would depend on whether we'd lost our supers. If we had, then they'd probably stick around. If not? Yeah, right.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Maybe we should offer pan fam half the faction fortizars to go away

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

The Hambulance posted:

HAT GONS!

I mean :P

Hi GenEve

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo

Solus posted:

Maybe we should offer pan fam half the faction fortizars to go away

since this war began i'm just ever more torqued at test on the daily and i'd like to fast-forward to the bits where we scour them and drive them before us, if panfam wants an official gold star that says 'ok you forced us back to helms deep and did tons of damage to us, we agree' and it enables them declare victory and gently caress off so we get to kill test sooner rather than later, great

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Let’s give them all the faction forts to gently caress off and let us smite TEST

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Suz Tzu posted:

You can be sure of succeeding in your attacks if you only attack places which are undefended.You can ensure the safety of your defense if you only hold positions that cannot be attacked.

Hence that general is skillful in attack whose opponent does not know what to defend; and he is skillful in defense whose opponent does not know what to attack.

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo
if we're going all sun tzu vily and piggles hosed it up from day one by removing the ~golden bridge of retreat~ which is why we're posted up and fighting like absolute maniacs and they're all surprised about it

dumbasses

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Numismancer posted:

since this war began i'm just ever more torqued at test on the daily and i'd like to fast-forward to the bits where we scour them and drive them before us

And hear the lamentations of their pubbies?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

And hear the lamentations of their pubbies?

DGC already posts here

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Turns out the bfa trinkets are still the best trinkets in arena. Sounds about right.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Sickening posted:

Turns out the bfa trinkets are still the best trinkets in arena. Sounds about right.

Whoops

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The what now?

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Sickening posted:

First the wowgoons shat up our jabber, now they come for our thread.

Edit: happy thanksgiving mr mike honcho.

Rudeboy Detective fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Nov 26, 2020

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Rudeboy Detective posted:

First the wowgoons shat up our jabber, now they come for our thread.

Edit: happy thanksgiving mr mike honcho.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING MR MIKE HONCHO!!!!!

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Sickening posted:

Did you choose the gay vampire covenant or an inferior one

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Solus posted:

Did you choose the gay vampire covenant or an inferior one

Come on, there really is only one choice this expansion. Gay all the way.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Otacon posted:

DGC already posts here

:discourse:

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Numismancer posted:

if we're going all sun tzu vily and piggles hosed it up from day one by removing the ~golden bridge of retreat~ which is why we're posted up and fighting like absolute maniacs and they're all surprised about it

dumbasses

When DGC reads this

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I think the big tall faction fort and the circle faction forts are the coolest. Maybe the one with all the little cranes in it too, that ones okay. The big brick one is dumb panfam can have all those.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
The main problem with null is all the buildings look the same. Like who cares about another fortizar, it looks identical to the thousands of others. Why does each empire not have their own? All the NPC stations are different. You can’t even put skins on them. Pretty stupid if you ask me

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
Be happy it isnt just a pos tower with a shield and some floating modules

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Stereotype posted:

The main problem with null is all the buildings look the same. Like who cares about another fortizar, it looks identical to the thousands of others. Why does each empire not have their own? All the NPC stations are different. You can’t even put skins on them. Pretty stupid if you ask me

I am truly surprised they never released skins for the various citadels. Feels like leaving money on the table.

Have some of their art nerds make skins for the major factions, plus a half dozen other random ones- people would surely spend money on that.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

so how does it all work with that giant spam of forts in 1DQ on the same grid? other than providing dozens of safe spots for defenders at various angles, do they themselves provide substantial damage?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

esto es malo posted:

so how does it all work with that giant spam of forts in 1DQ on the same grid? other than providing dozens of safe spots for defenders at various angles, do they themselves provide substantial damage?

Citadels don't have overlapping fire, but any fighters going by would either have to pass by each one in turn (allowing for gunners to take shots at the fighters) or carefully weave between the gaps in the firing arcs (which would be "micro intensive" and make the fighters' journey take much longer.)

Severing
Aug 26, 2017

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

I am truly surprised they never released skins for the various citadels. Feels like leaving money on the table.

Have some of their art nerds make skins for the major factions, plus a half dozen other random ones- people would surely spend money on that.

Many have said the same thing about player faction/corp/alliance logos on ships yet nothing.

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Dudes we would love for more people to come to Lowsec. We had some great brawls when Gef deployed to Cloud Ring to fight us in Rakapas and Black Rise.

Just off the top of my head there’s Shadow Cartel (lol at their current iteration though), Dock Workers, 420 MLG whatever (baltroms crew), Rekking Krew (lmao help us kill their Camal keep please!) your favourite Snuff boys and the best poster, and others.

Super.Jesus
Oct 20, 2011

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Citadels don't have overlapping fire, but any fighters going by would either have to pass by each one in turn (allowing for gunners to take shots at the fighters) or carefully weave between the gaps in the firing arcs (which would be "micro intensive" and make the fighters' journey take much longer.)

How good are keepstar weapons? Can they kill a significant amount of fighters and etc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Super.Jesus posted:

How good are keepstar weapons? Can they kill a significant amount of fighters and etc?

They're not too great. Keepstars have point defense systems (PDS), which lets them kill any short-range fighters easily, but you can counteract this by using long-range fighters. Their missiles can only target one flight at a time and using the doomsday on fighters is a waste. That being said, if hostiles are trying to Skynet their fighters in from 10,000km or more, any fortizar they don't explicitly fly their fighters around could potentially get zapped by the fort's PDS.