Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:frogc00l::frogc00l::frogc00l::frogc00l:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOU40eFkyZw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
sand worms are no laughing matter

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Truga posted:

But alex jones isn't obscure?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Oh come on man what the gently caress

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

DapperDon posted:

I honestly cannot look at any of CIGs art or watch Star Citizen videos anymore and not hear White Lines because of Major Toms video. Mother loving Grandmaster Flash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=223HFmhtOOY&t=151s

As a metagamer I think these videos actually make the game look fun, though not in the sense its creators intended.

That's what we call emergent gameplay :smuggo:

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

:staredog:

:catstare:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

SelenicMartian posted:

So, MOMA, your $8000 of ships... Is that the retail price or the price with the employee discount?

:thurman:

Lol, just lol at CIG cannibalizing its own sales by making all its employees into gray market brokers

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
MOMA was saying he got his javelin with some kind of discount...

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

I'm sure speculation consensus will make Star Citizen a reality :doh:

Open development everyone!

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

3.0 in dec 2016 is already forgotten and forgiven ? ManofManyAliases/Toast ?

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Zzr posted:

3.0 in dec 2016 is already forgotten and forgiven ? ManofManyAliases/Toast ?

I don't think so. Reddit posts calling it a lie to sell more ships are getting dozens of upvotes, while the true cultists are being shouted down.

I think /r/starcitizen is getting more and more hostile to Roberts and skeptical of the game ever getting completed. Pretty soon we'll start seeing posts like "can we have a subreddit for people that actually LIKE the game and are optimistic?" And maybe it even gets made. I think that's the tipping point for backer opinion and fundingl truly bottoming out.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Lol, just lol at CIG cannibalizing its own sales by making all its employees into gray market brokers

Lol if you don't think cig pays shills in jpgs

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Trillhouse posted:

I don't think so. Reddit posts calling it a lie to sell more ships are getting dozens of upvotes, while the true cultists are being shouted down.

I think /r/starcitizen is getting more and more hostile to Roberts and skeptical of the game ever getting completed. Pretty soon we'll start seeing posts like "can we have a subreddit for people that actually LIKE the game and are optimistic?" And maybe it even gets made. I think that's the tipping point for backer opinion and fundingl truly bottoming out.

The chit thread is still going strong over at the official forums. I'm amazed it hasn't been moved to concern yet since it is pretty drat brutal.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

I measure pissed citizens at somewhere around 10% or less. Reddit is not gonna bottom out this year, they'll have gamescom or whatever other carrot to put in front of themselves in a couple months. Though if December comes without even a rudimentary mining <USE> or tech demo, all bets are off.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Sabreseven posted:

I started watching The Expanse last night, it's not quite what I was expecting and has actually got me quite hooked.

Thanks lovely people in here who recommended it, it's really rather good. :)

Word. I just started myself the other night and I am totally in. Why has nobody told me about this sooner?

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Truga posted:

sand worms are no laughing matter

Worm WAS NOT A JOKE

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Truga posted:

MOMA was saying he got his javelin with some kind of discount...

Yeah he talks about using a 20% coupon but doesn't mention that it caps out at $100 and you had to pay $240 for a years "subscription" to get it.

Unless he works there which I doubt because if he did he wouldn't be so keen to buy ships that will never exist in any form like the $2500 Javelin ($100 off or not).

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

SelenicMartian posted:

OK, who registered the thread meme account?

Tailoring is in

What am I looking at here?

Are the spots disappearing or is it them not reflecting in the light and I'm looking at something else?

They always model these on other characters besides the one in the game... or are you able to pick between a white guy and black guy now?

I think I know who would get all the ladies*.

:omarcomin:

(*Ladies not included yet)

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Virtual Captain posted:

I measure pissed citizens at somewhere around 10% or less. Reddit is not gonna bottom out this year, they'll have gamescom or whatever other carrot to put in front of themselves in a couple months. Though if December comes without even a rudimentary mining <USE> or tech demo, all bets are off.

Citizens will flip their poo poo I think if they don't get something good this year. They've never going to get anything good so CIG's best bet is to go quiet while hoping people forget they gave thousands so some idiot could shop for furniture & play movie director with Golem, Luke Skywalker and the girl from the x-files.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

The Titanic posted:

What am I looking at here?

Are the spots disappearing or is it them not reflecting in the light and I'm looking at something else?

They always model these on other characters besides the one in the game... or are you able to pick between a white guy and black guy now?

I think I know who would get all the ladies*.

:omarcomin:

(*Ladies not included yet)

I think they are showing that the guy's skin is clipping through the jacket then is not.
Like that is a major accomplishment.
It's hard to tell since they chose a black guy wearing a black jacket.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Lladre posted:

I think they are showing that the guy's skin is clipping through the jacket then is not.

I think they are showing damaged states to clothing and how repairing works looks. Can you become a space seamstress in Hellion? I didn't think so! :smuggo:

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Lladre posted:

Seriously why are they showing off one of the most mundane tasks any game artist has to do?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
because they have no game to show

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

CrazyTolradi posted:

Turns out, using an engine that isn't complete dogshit and not blowing your scope out the arse means you can actually deliver on a game. Wow, gently caress me, had no idea.

I'm looking forward to this fact.

They could always blah blah about stuff like CoD:IW or Mass Effect with publisher power and the same engine they've worked on for years...

But really, what exactly is the combat piece against Hellion? Another indie team... just had a plan and stuck to it and kept within their scope.

I'm sorry Chris Roberts can't complete with the managerial talent of some indie game devs? I'm sorry the multinational company with >300 staff can't hope to compare to some small indie team that probably isn't even in more than a couple rooms much less multiple buildings spread across the world?

Hellion being successful is or should shine a huge spotlight on CIG and exactly wtf they are doing. Hopefully this will help people ask questions and start to wake the hell up.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

The Titanic posted:

They could always blah blah about stuff like CoD:IW or Mass Effect with publisher power and the same engine they've worked on for years...

But really, what exactly is the combat piece against Hellion? Another indie team... just had a plan and stuck to it and kept within their scope.

I'm sorry Chris Roberts can't complete with the managerial talent of some indie game devs? I'm sorry the multinational company with >300 staff can't hope to compare to some small indie team that probably isn't even in more than a couple rooms much less multiple buildings spread across the world?

Hellion being successful is or should shine a huge spotlight on CIG and exactly wtf they are doing. Hopefully this will help people ask questions and start to wake the hell up.

You don't have to wait for Hellion. See : Elite.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

cool new Polack jokes posted:

I don't know about cannibalizing. 300 bucks is an absurd amount to pay for a ship. But if you found one on the grey market for 250, well that's a steal and you better buy it before someone else does! It's like buying on sale vs paying full retail price. Either way the store makes money, the sales ticker gets the full retail price, and the sales are an incentive to splurge. Plus, gifted/transferred ships can't be refunded! There is probably a term or condition on the employees that tell them that they can't get refunds on discounted sales as well.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

The Titanic posted:

Easy for them to be successful when Chris already did all the work to develop Items, Local Grids and Persistence. Is it any wonder they were able to simulate atmosphere and decompression while CIG is still struggling with naked commandos and nipple jets when all the hard work was already done?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Lladre posted:

That's my understanding too. They've apparently discovered that clipping and culling are things you need to take care of in a polygon-based game. Who'd'a thunk it.
But of course, now they have this new, unprecedented clothing tech to deal with that, which most definitely has not been part of the engine or the hardware since the turn of the century.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Exinos posted:

I'm sure it helps not having to redo everything a dozen times over because something is slightly off compared to the dream your thumb of a boss had last night.

Part of this lack of progress can be attributed to the talent pool of programmers basically being non existent.

Chris doesn't realize that movies and artwork don't make a game happen by magical elves. He thinks that ideas just need some easy code applied to them.

Ideas are hard, guys. :colbert:

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Hellion comes out soon

anybody down for it

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

The Hellion Thread would be a good place to go for that.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

AP posted:

Citizens will flip their poo poo I think if they don't get something good this year. They've never going to get anything good so CIG's best bet is to go quiet while hoping people forget they gave thousands so some idiot could shop for furniture & play movie director with Golem, Luke Skywalker and the girl from the x-files.

This is why I've been quietly reminding citizens 'How long are you going to wait for functional mining? Usually one of the first things you put in a space game.'

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

D_Smart posted:

You're a moron who knows as much about the law, as you do about iron-clad ToS

Pay attention; you might learn something:

- I lost my legal standing when they refunded me. So I no longer have any cause of action for which to sue under the ToS

- I can sue them for only two things i) accusing me of stalking and threatening me with criminal action ii) defamation as per croberts Oct 2015 diatribe

I have opted not to sue them at this time because, unlike morons on the Internet and movie super-villains, smart people like me always have a plan that we tend not to broadcast.

But don't worry though; when the time comes, you'll know. I guarantee it.

In case you hadn't noticed; I don't even have to lift a finger, and CIG is in full blown E.L.E. mode all on their own. It's only a matter of time now.

TWO MOTHERFUCKING WEEKS! WHAT PART OF THAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND CITIZEN?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Has he ever mentioned the lack of a tutorial in Star Citizen, out of curiosity?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

The Titanic posted:

Has he ever mentioned the lack of a tutorial in Star Citizen, out of curiosity?

IDK what the gently caress you're talking about, there's been an SC tutorial for ages...

http://gameranx.com/updates/id/65926/article/how-to-get-a-refund-in-star-citizen/

chochmah
Sep 27, 2015

Trillhouse posted:

/r/outreachSC ?

Someone claim it!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Virtual Captain posted:

This is why I've been quietly reminding citizens 'How long are you going to wait for functional mining? Usually one of the first things you put in a space game.'

Hey a new Citizen, what's your Star Citizen story?

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Phi230 posted:

Hellion comes out soon

anybody down for it

I'm giving it two weeks for the usual early patch and the first round of stability and network fix.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
CIG have till the end of the day to close up shop for good.
Thus securing my place in the death pool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

TheAgent posted:

lol if any of this is loving true

Posting from the past, I wonder if this triggered a flurry of MoMA and Lazrin chaff posts! Can't wait to find out