Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Haven't both already been ps+ games? Have they recycled any content yet?

I don't think Child of Light has been but maybe the PS3 version. with Infamous they had first light, not second son

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

The link will redirect for US accounts, but here's the US link directly:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/knack-2-free-demo/cid=UP9000-CUSA09623_00-KNACK20000000000

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

glam rock hamhock posted:

Apparently the September PS4 PS+ games got leaked. They're Infamous: Second Son and Child of Light. If that's true that's a pretty fan strong month

Did they ever fix the save game bug for Child of Light?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Apparently the September PS4 PS+ games got leaked. They're Infamous: Second Son and Child of Light. If that's true that's a pretty fan strong month

Played em both. Both good

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Second Son holds up really well for a launch title.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
It's really boring compared to 2, though. I didn't get far in it. Child of Light has some terrible dialogue but I had fun with it. Just make sure to play on Hard or it's way too easy.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Haven't both already been ps+ games? Have they recycled any content yet?

Last First Light is what you're thinking of. It was on Plus a number of months ago. Child of Light hasn't been to PS+ until now.

Edit: Beaten.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Aug 29, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

First light

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
If you end up liking Second Son, I wanna say First Light is $10 now. Definitely worth picking it up. It's nice DLC.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Too many lights!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Morby posted:

If you end up liking Second Son, I wanna say First Light is $10 now. Definitely worth picking it up. It's nice DLC.

Chances are that it'll go on sale again with Second Son being a PS+ tittle. I've been holding myself on picking both (they get around 12€ for the pack) and well, that's another nice PS+ month. I hope they keep this quality!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

is there a third light

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Absolver looks pretty cool. Has anyone tried it?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone know how to do local co op in Hot Dhots ?

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Don't wanna pop any monocles but the Knack 2 demo wasn't very good.

Like in all seriousness it wasn't the worst thing every, but it was certainly bland and I have no idea why they even bother with a demo with this as the content. It didn't answer the question of "why are you making this when the last game is literally a punchline"?

My 9 year old daughter will have to disagree on your opinion of the Knack franchise. She loved the first one, and I suspect I'll be getting this one once she knows it exists. Not every game is meant for 20 something nerds.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

taken to task for disrespecting knack :cool:

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

is there a third light

There are five lights.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Sorry for saying forum joke and noted bad game Knack wasn't very good because a 9 year old likes it, I guess?

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Sorry for saying forum joke and noted bad game Knack wasn't very good because a 9 year old likes it, I guess?

It's fine to not like Knack... I didn't think it was particularly good either. But I don't think anyone here was the target audience, so wondering "omg why would they make another one!!" is kind of silly.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

taken to task for disrespecting knack :cool:

Don't talk smack about Knack

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Lumpy posted:

It's fine to not like Knack... I didn't think it was particularly good either. But I don't think anyone here was the target audience, so wondering "omg why would they make another one!!" is kind of silly.
Like I haven't played it but didn't it not gently caress around with regards to difficulty?

Having said that, games for kids when we were kids were often loving bullshit.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Electromax
May 6, 2007

At worse it's a sideways jump from wondering why businesses aren't making their decisions based on this forum's in-jokes.

I'm not gonna play either Knack but the real answer to why is in the money somewhere.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Like if the game is actually secretly really popular amongst kids, I did not know but it's a game that I literally only hear about in the context of it being a joke and awful launch title. I don't think wondering why that would get a follow up is that odd.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

[that image of the Jeb electoral map except it's Knack]

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Lumpy posted:

Have you met charliefoxtrot?

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Like if the game is actually secretly really popular amongst kids, I did not know but it's a game that I literally only hear about in the context of it being a joke and awful launch title. I don't think wondering why that would get a follow up is that odd.

It's not at all odd. Indeed, that's why I mentioned that perhaps it was more popular with an audience that wasn't the people here. But I'll shut up now and we can all get back to making fun of Knack! Can you believe they are making another one! :wtf:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Jezebel is poo poo but I think even they can poke fun at themselves.

Occasionally.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Where's the knack pack tag

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When did Austin Walker start writing for Jezebel lol owned

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Woah, I'm a sucker for Telltale games (though Game of Thrones sucked) and didn't even know there was a Guardians of the Galaxy one somehow.

It's pretty good! Even in the first episode (not played beyond) there are two major relationship changers and a bunch of minor ones, and it's pretty funny to boot, like Tales from Borderlands. And of course it has some great songs, though I'm annoyed the episode was called Tangled up in Blue and didn't feature that song :mad:

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

SiKboy posted:

Have you met charliefoxtrot?

came here to post this

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Here are some pics I took during the Uncharted 4 story mode. (I posted this in that thread also but more people read this one)

Spoilers for setpieces and story.
http://imgur.com/a/Azn0o

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
This pains me to do but I'd like some help with rounding up the last couple puzzles in the Witness before I go to the final area.

1) I can't beat the shadow puzzle in the green forest - the panel straight in front of the side-exit of the keep. The earlier puzzles in the area were straight-forward. There are shadowy areas, but you can find marks in the metal that are hint on how to complete the panels. But for this one the marks don't help at all. I've tried rotating it, flipping it, go outside the bounds of the panel...

2) After going down the stairwell in the windmill there is a locked door the the left. Going right leads to the projector. The door is locked on the other side. Where do I find the entrance to that area? I suppose it's connected to the little bridge you can see by the projector?

3) Regarding the puzzle on the door on the boat... You control two lines, one of which are invisible, but there are three different colors. I guess there's actually only two colors and you're supposed to figure out that which is which somehow? The red light leads me to believe this.

Oh, and is there anything you can do with the hollow tree in the bamboo thicket?

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Someone call me an OCD weird rear end for considering making a new PSN account because I don't like my current screen name.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Take the bullet for us because once you do you know they'll release the feature for :10bux:

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I personally wouldn't use it, as I have the best screen name, believe me. But Kinda crazy they still haven't implemented name changes, certainly seems like it could be a gold-mine if they were to charge a fee for it Microsoft-style.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I think Sony explained back in the PS3 era that the way they set up user IDs made it very difficult to change them. I only ever hear about them getting changed when people have offensive ones.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Fame Douglas posted:

I personally wouldn't use it, as I have the best screen name, believe me. But Kinda crazy they still haven't implemented name changes, certainly seems like it could be a gold-mine if they were to charge a fee for it Microsoft-style.

I think it's a thing where because PSN is held together by paperclips and tape, the name thing us far harder to change than it should be. Still, they already added a thing that will display your real name instead of your PSN name so it really shouldn't be hard for them to at least change your displayed name, even if the account name remains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Renoistic posted:

This pains me to do but I'd like some help with rounding up the last couple puzzles in the Witness before I go to the final area.

1) I can't beat the shadow puzzle in the green forest - the panel straight in front of the side-exit of the keep. The earlier puzzles in the area were straight-forward. There are shadowy areas, but you can find marks in the metal that are hint on how to complete the panels. But for this one the marks don't help at all. I've tried rotating it, flipping it, go outside the bounds of the panel...

2) After going down the stairwell in the windmill there is a locked door the the left. Going right leads to the projector. The door is locked on the other side. Where do I find the entrance to that area? I suppose it's connected to the little bridge you can see by the projector?

3) Regarding the puzzle on the door on the boat... You control two lines, one of which are invisible, but there are three different colors. I guess there's actually only two colors and you're supposed to figure out that which is which somehow? The red light leads me to believe this.

Oh, and is there anything you can do with the hollow tree in the bamboo thicket?

1) If I'm remembering this right, back up and look for environmental clues. The other half of the shadow isn't actually on the panel.

2) I do remember eventually opening that door but not how. It may be part of the final area.

3) That is literally the hardest puzzle in the game, look it up on Youtube. The audio in that area is supposed to provide clues but it's almost impossible for a non-tool-assisted human.