Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Yeah, it's been down (for me, anyway) for at least five hours or so. No idea what the server situation is beyond that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
They probably figured the primaries were in the clear and tried to swap back only to run into more errors, hence the delay.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Didn't Hussie say in those interviews that he basically works on his comics from waking up to going to sleep, every day, for the past three-ish years? I'm a little worried what he's going to do with the site being down and all...

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Bobulus posted:

Didn't Hussie say in those interviews that he basically works on his comics from waking up to going to sleep, every day, for the past three-ish years? I'm a little worried what he's going to do with the site being down and all...

We'll just get a massive backlog update.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

If you listen closely, you can hear the horse shouting "FREEDOM"

Either that or something about robots and horse penises.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Crain posted:

We'll just get a massive backlog update.

Either that, or a flash where LE blows up the dream bubble seconds before Meenah and Vriska can talk.

Ending with Gamzee doing something sinister, or something.

Octopimp
Feb 20, 2006

Dumb pointy anime shades

Bobulus posted:

Ending with Gamzee doing something sinister, or something.

I think it's safe to say Gamzee is ALWAYS doing something sinister at this point.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Octopimp posted:

I think it's safe to say Gamzee is ALWAYS doing something sinister at this point.

Hell, knowing what we now do, nearly everything Gamzee has already done is retroactively sinister. Like talking about how he'll snap open the neck of a Faygo bottle like a motherfucking laughsassin. :stare:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Guys. I just figured it out. THIS IS HORRORSTUCK. No updates. No archive reading. No new theory posting. Just nothing.

Hussie did Sandy.

firestruck
Dec 28, 2010

nullify me

Crain posted:

Guys. I just figured it out. THIS IS HORRORSTUCK. No updates. No archive reading. No new theory posting. Just nothing.

Hussie did Sandy.

So is living anywhere else like not giving a poo poo about those stupid trolls? Because that's about where I was last horrorstuck.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Quotetype posted:

So is living anywhere else like not giving a poo poo about those stupid trolls? Because that's about where I was last horrorstuck.

Wow, rude.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I wonder how many people would commit suicide if Hussie somehow died in the storm.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

I wonder how many people would commit suicide if Hussie somehow died in the storm.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling it would be a number greater than 0. :smith:

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Homestuck will still go on. Forever. :black101:

Accursed Walrus
Sep 4, 2011

Do The Mario

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Didn't happen on 4/13, don't believe you :colbert:

Edit: I am stupid, carry on.

Accursed Walrus fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Nov 1, 2012

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

:golfclap: "He's dead for a reason.."

I wonder what influenced what. It's impossible to tell in this drat comic :argh:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Accursed Walrus posted:

Didn't happen on 4/13, don't believe you :colbert:

That's an e-mail to the MSPA server admin. It's on April 1 because of...well, you know.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
I like how, of all the dead assholes in the comic, it's Dualscar that gets the stick.

e - or maybe he's dead for a reason :tinfoil:

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Nov 1, 2012

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
While we're on the topic of Horrorstuck...

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

:stare: I don't know about all that

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

God drat that is good.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!

Reene posted:

God drat that is good.

Except the scratches are backward.

Or the shirt is backward.

Anyway, flip it turnways, etc.

Lastair
Dec 31, 2007

I made a silly troll quirk typing game for Halloween in a sort of "Typing of the Dead" style.

Link: The Trolling of the Dead
(Game loads (~7MB) on the page. You need the Unity webplayer, but the plugin is lightweight and very well behaved!)
The basic instructions are on the page. There's also simple online leaderboards that can be opted out of by leaving the name field empty.

The words and phrases are all extracted from a dump of the search pages using a few simple rules that favor quirks but also mix in any regular words and longer phrases from each character's logs. Because of this randomness it's possible (and likely) that you will get screwed over by a combo of longer hard-to-type lines or by long lines running off the edges of the screen.

Rather than try to make the game "fair" though, I kept the whole thing simple since it's not meant to be more than a gimmicky little distraction and an excuse for me to brush up on my programming a bit. :)

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
I am NOT used to typing a %. Also, this is rad.

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012
This is really cool! I only did a few, because I didn't want to hog the leaderboard, but I really enjoyed it. I didn't realize the Enter-to-finish-word thing until my last go(28k), unfortunately. I bet it would've helped a bunch.

Long Feferi lines killed me every time. I just have trouble with )(-E[x])( - the order of brackets goes against my every natural impulse. I found Terezi's lines tough too, for whatever reason.

Abelian Grape
Oct 14, 2012
I got totally screwed over by one of Karkat's lines from when Terezi was mashing his keyboard. I managed to type it all in but by the time I was done I was surrounded.

This is fun though, nice work :)

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

This is rad! I literally got the one Gamzee line that went like "HoNkHoNkHoNkHoNK" ad infinitum, it was insane. Gamzee and Terezi's lines are probably the hardest I think just because alternating capitalisation/having to release shift for Terezi's 413 is really tricky.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
I'm starting to understand why Hussie started using the English to troll translation programs people made after a while. :doh:

Lastair
Dec 31, 2007

Glad you guys like it!
Some protips: Caps lock helps a lot with Terezi, as long as you remember to turn it off too. Also it seems like some people might be missing the Burst mechanic since I didn't make it that visible in the game itself - you can press enter to use a "bomb" (you get one per level up) that finishes the line you're on. They make for a small insurance against the more ridiculous lines that get thrown at you.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

I got "Equiiiiiiiiuuuuuuuus" when I had zero boosts and that loving ended me, because I was too stupid to realize that there would be 8 i's and 8 u's. I think it was just too daunting for my mind to comprehend.

On the plus side highest score motherfuckers :smug:

EDIT: Oh and right after complaining and bragging I got "Araaaaaaaadiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaa". Hubris :v:

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Nov 1, 2012

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
I felt like I was doing pretty well and could maybe get a high score, then I saw your score, then I sighed and closed the window.

Great game though.

Lastair
Dec 31, 2007

Saradiart posted:

I felt like I was doing pretty well and could maybe get a high score, then I saw your score, then I sighed and closed the window.

Great game though.

Thanks!
The score grows exponentially because of the bonus multiplier system, which can exaggerate the score differences in a rather disheartening way. Combined with the whole luck aspect it's not the most gentle game, I suppose. More of a bastard, really.

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

This game is pretty great, and I really like the music!

Scale Model Giant
Jan 19, 2009
Loving this game, Lastair! I think there's a bug though where the '\' key doesn't get recognized as typing a letter and I was forced to use a burst.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Is that a remix of Aggrieve?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Lastair posted:

I made a silly troll quirk typing game for Halloween in a sort of "Typing of the Dead" style.

Man, I suck enough at regular Typing of the Dead, one with typing quirks thrown in just loving kills me. Thank god you didn't use any of the troll ancestors, Mituna would be a near instant game over no matter what he says.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
I feel like it seizes up momentarilly when I'm typing long phrases? Like if Kanaya shows up and spits out forty characters of dialogue which should be a super easy 2400 points, if I try to actually type it the program chokes, then everything jumps forwards a bit and I've lost. But then, I'm playing on kind of a lovely laptop.

Also Ferefi is the goddamn fish devil.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
Hell yes, fifth place on my first try. This game is fun! :buddy:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Mystic Mongol posted:

I feel like it seizes up momentarilly when I'm typing long phrases? Like if Kanaya shows up and spits out forty characters of dialogue which should be a super easy 2400 points, if I try to actually type it the program chokes, then everything jumps forwards a bit and I've lost. But then, I'm playing on kind of a lovely laptop.

Also Ferefi is the goddamn fish devil.

Terezi and Sollux, similarly, can go straight to hell. Transferring from typing letters to numbers quickly makes my fingers just seize right up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indie Rocktopus
Feb 20, 2012

In the aeroplane
over the sea

Bravo! You've got to get in touch with Hussie about getting this as a minigame for the eventual videogame. I love the idea of the ancestors as bosses - Kankri shows up and his quirk isn't that bad but he just. Doesn't. Stop. Talking.