Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Just realized I screwed myself out of getting the wolf armor due to a bug. Would reinstalling the add on help at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Roman Reigns posted:

Just realized I screwed myself out of getting the wolf armor due to a bug. Would reinstalling the add on help at all?

I had a bug where the wolf diagrams just wouldn't appear where they were supposed to, so I reinstalled the add-on and it fixed it.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Thats exactly what I got, so I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Dirt posted:

I am playing on PS4, currently totally stuck at this stupid quest where you take the Peller into the woods and he does some ritual that summons an apparently infinite amount of wraiths.

I end up stun locked and dead no matter what I try to do. This is maybe the most annoying thing I have ever seen in a video game haha

I'm level 10, the quest is level 6(so are the wraiths). Is there some trick I don't know for this quest?

I'm using the right oil, potions, etc. I just end up stun locked from 3-5 of them teleporting around me with no safe place to roll/dodge to.

My only option seems to be to go reload a save from an hour ago and do something else

I have seriously died 10 times already. The 3 minute reload time annoys me more than dying :D

Edit: apparently you can just run around and try to keep the fires lit... I will try that, but I don't see how I can even get near them without getting stunlocked again.

Is this the one where you have to keep the torches or braziers lit the whole time? I think you have to keep them lit in order to hurt the wraiths or finish the quest or something. And, like everyone else suggested, Quen, Yrden, and dimeritium bombs.

e: whoops, should've finished the thread before replying.

10 Beers fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Apr 26, 2016

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

John Charity Spring posted:

The PAX sets are the Scoia'tael/Monsters decks they produced for the Hearts of Stone expansion. Northern Realms and Nilfgaard decks were made available in limited editions when the game was first released. The decks are all intended to work together, and there's your answer.

Not quite. The nilfguard and northern realms are coming out with blood and wine. They haven't made it easy to buy them all. On that note they gave 400~ copies to con goers and enough was left over to give enforcers like 3-6 copies...

I hope my coworkers are appreciative of the 6 copies I snagged for them...

Edit: apparently the Xbox version had them, lol.

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Apr 26, 2016

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
* stares at trees moving in the wind* * geralt voice * "winds howling"

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

With some work put into it Gwent could really become a competitor for real card games. At this point it's just a concept that somebody built in 3 days, unbalanced and obviously lacking but the main idea behind it - 3 distinct rows, commander powers, spy/medic/dummy mechanics, different deck strategies - is really solid. The base idea like that is crucial to a good card game and it would be cool if CDPR expanded on it and developed it into another Hearthstone/MTGO.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

If you're looking for a real-life and mostly balanced version, there's a pretty similar game already out that's a lot of fun called Condottiere.

http://www.shutupandsitdown.com/blog/post/how-play-condottiere/

Tirranek fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Apr 27, 2016

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

* stares at trees moving in the wind* * geralt voice * "winds howling"

*doing a quest to intentionally summon a storm*

"A storm... drat it! :argh:"

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Jack of Hearts posted:

I had a bug where the wolf diagrams just wouldn't appear where they were supposed to, so I reinstalled the add-on and it fixed it.

Roman Reigns posted:

Thats exactly what I got, so I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

Still didn't work, think I'm pretty screwed unless I start a new game. :sigh:

At least I still have the medieval pseudo-ninja cat armor.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Roman Reigns posted:

Still didn't work, think I'm pretty screwed unless I start a new game. :sigh:

At least I still have the medieval pseudo-ninja cat armor.

Just to check, did you uninstall the pack before reinstalling? Because I neglected to mention that I did that also.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

On PS4, so I can't uninstall the pack on its own.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC
Morality check question about the Nithing. Just wondering how goon justice would apply here and what people ending up picking. This was actually one of the tougher decisions I remember having to make the first time around and I am stuck again on this one.

The first time around, I went with forcing Lothar back with the bitch and everyone stays alive on the least amount of harm done principle but I can't shake the feeling the herbalist deserves to die for targeting a kid even though the Lothar is a slimeball. I don't need any recipes from her so that isn't a factor atm.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

MikeC posted:

Morality check question about the Nithing. Just wondering how goon justice would apply here and what people ending up picking. This was actually one of the tougher decisions I remember having to make the first time around and I am stuck again on this one.

The first time around, I went with forcing Lothar back with the bitch and everyone stays alive on the least amount of harm done principle but I can't shake the feeling the herbalist deserves to die for targeting a kid even though the Lothar is a slimeball. I don't need any recipes from her so that isn't a factor atm.

Lothar is at worst a womanizer. I always reverse the curse. The child is innocent. And making Lothar go back also makes him have to denounce his kid so he'll have no family. gently caress the herbalist, she went too far.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

chaosapiant posted:

Lothar is at worst a womanizer. I always reverse the curse. The child is innocent. And making Lothar go back also makes him have to denounce his kid so he'll have no family. gently caress the herbalist, she went too far.

Yeah this. I really don't think it's a hard decision at all.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC
Thats cool, she lived last time so I guess she can die this time.

I still can't help but think the 0 death count solution is messier but less vindictive.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Speaking of morality questions, is there a general consensus on evil hags vs evil tree? I've only played once and took the former.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Tirranek posted:

Speaking of morality questions, is there a general consensus on evil hags vs evil tree? I've only played once and took the former.

I went the evil tree. The kids are innocent, so keeping them alive was my reason. The hags can die for all i care.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Depends on whether you wish to doom dozens of people for the futile hope of saving one.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Palpek posted:

With some work put into it Gwent could really become a competitor for real card games. At this point it's just a concept that somebody built in 3 days, unbalanced and obviously lacking but the main idea behind it - 3 distinct rows, commander powers, spy/medic/dummy mechanics, different deck strategies - is really solid. The base idea like that is crucial to a good card game and it would be cool if CDPR expanded on it and developed it into another Hearthstone/MTGO.

I think the main idea is flawed actually. The core mechanics are too shallow. A basic MTG card has: 1) cost, 2) attack, 3) defense, and these three variables compete to produce interesting strategic options - high cost and offense with low defense, etc.

A basic Gwent card, though, is just a number and a rank. A deck with bigger numbers is simply better, in this system. The depth only comes from hard-coded augmentations to the ruleset, like Scorch, but this requires a lot of developer effort to implement and balance, and they have a shallower basic design to work from.

It seems like they were going for a kind of Raise/Call/Fold educated guess system, but in practice the decks work more like a Rube Goldberg cannon that either fires or it doesn't.

It's fun for a side-quest, but I don't think it could support persistent interest like Hearthstone.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

MikeC posted:

She's murdering a baby, and refuses to stop even if caught. Of course you turn it back on her, how is this even up for debate?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Avalerion posted:

She's murdering a baby, and refuses to stop even if caught. Of course you turn it back on her, how is this even up for debate?
This, the dude was an rear end in a top hat, but she was an even bigger rear end in a top hat by dragging an innocent baby into it. She had it coming.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Some devs gave an interview to a German game magazine. Someone on Reddit translated it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/4gphrc/what_we_know_after_todays_interview_with_germans/

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Tirranek posted:

Destroyed the tree due to a combinaton of reading She Who Knows and botching the Fyke Island quest which made me hesitant about accidentally unleashing another evil power on the world.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Megazver posted:

Some devs gave an interview to a German game magazine. Someone on Reddit translated it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/4gphrc/what_we_know_after_todays_interview_with_germans/

Huh, as big as all of the Skellige islands put together.
That's a pretty drat decent size!

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Depends on how much they fill it up, I suppose. The HoS is also big but it doesn't have that much poo poo to do outside of the main storyline.

l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N

Meskhenet posted:

I went the evil tree. The kids are innocent, so keeping them alive was my reason. The hags can die for all i care.

Just curious, but I feel like I missed the part where the tree spirit actually spells out that the kids are going to get eaten and it will save them if you free it. I know it's insinuated that the kids are pretty hosed and the hags aren't to be trusted, but roleplaying as Geralt, I never felt like I could justify siding with the spirit as it's such an unknown evil. As much as Geralt would like to help everyone, I also feel like he's smart enough to know he can't release an ancient evil on the chance that it might be slightly less evil than the Crones.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
There's something about this game that makes it really easy to pick up and put down over a long period of time. So often with long games I end up putting on a podcast or something while playing or just get bored and never go back to it, but with this I can just jump on for 45 minutes, do a genuinely cool little quest and then not play again for a few weeks. It's like a TV show and I'm tuning in for the latest episode of Geralt the Warrior Princess.

Also, absolutely awesome little detail, I never realised Geralt's face gets all creepy and ill looking when he takes potions during a fight. The game jumped straight into a cutscene after hacking up some monsters and it was like oh, yeah, witchers must look pretty scary to normal folk.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That's actually linked to toxicity, so if you use decoctions and sit at high toxicity consistently he looks like that all the time.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I was gonna make fun of Geralt's hair in that picture, but really it just reminded me of a strange bit of non-reactivity in a game that otherwise does reactivity brilliantly. Yen will compliment you on your beard whether or not you have one before the banquet.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Sindai posted:

That's actually linked to toxicity, so if you use decoctions and sit at high toxicity consistently he looks like that all the time.

There are also different levels of it, so if you just chug a potion of swallow right before talking to someone, you've got some weird veins on your face and stuff, but if you've been using decoctions or just got out of a potion-heavy fight, you basically look like a skull with some skin stretched over it.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Jack of Hearts posted:

I was gonna make fun of Geralt's hair in that picture

Boy band Geralt is my favourite look so far. It bounces so luxuriously when he runs.

Definitely gonna try some decoctions and try a sith lord look now though.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
Yeah, I downloaded a neat mod that makes Geralt look more pale and after downing drat near every potion in my inventory I went back to the quest giver looking like someone turned me inside out. Scared the gently caress out of me when I first saw it in a cutscene.

Also who else (possession quest spoilers) threw the baby in the oven? :allears: God what a hosed up quest that was.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Red Mundus posted:

Also who else threw the baby in the oven? :allears: God what a hosed up quest that was.

This guyyyyyyy

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
I fixed it! :ohdear:

I honestly froze up 'til the last minute and just said gently caress it and hope I didn't gently caress up too badly. I really wasn't expected that.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Red Mundus posted:

Also who else (possession quest spoilers) threw the baby in the oven? :allears: God what a hosed up quest that was.
I'm not trying to be an rear end but the quest plot basically goes "nudge, nudge, wink, wink" really hard at you several times regarding what the correct choice is so I 'm constantly being surprised that so many people screwed it up. :v:

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Sylphosaurus posted:

I'm not trying to be an rear end but the quest plot basically goes "nudge, nudge, wink, wink" really hard at you several times regarding what the correct choice is so I 'm constantly being surprised that so many people screwed it up. :v:
Especially because you know enough about Cerys that you know she's not a psychopath and/or an idiot.

artichoke
Sep 29, 2003

delirium tremens and caffeine
Gravy Boat 2k
Somehow, on this playthrough, I managed to kill both the children of Crookback Bog AND all of Downwarren. Kind of cool, I guess.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Red Mundus posted:

I diiid, and it was the hardest choice in the game for me i think. I eventually rationalized that nobody in gaming has the balls to actually burn a baby and chucked it in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It wasn't a hard choice for me because I figured out exactly what the plan was. Which means it's a good thing I wasn't Geralt or it would've failed :v: