Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Shiroc posted:

Everyone saying that Trump was good are just chuds trying to be sneaky right? Like Biden loving sucks, Trump loving sucked in many of the same but occasionally wildly stupid ways. Stop trying to push 'actually Trump was p good' poo poo you idiots.

how many $2000 checks has biden sent us?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

Steve Yun posted:

The return of mask confrontations

https://twitter.com/angryasianman/status/1424089956696223744?s=21

0:53 old grandma telling him to go back where he came from

getting into a spit fight to contain the virus

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

It's true.

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Dreylad posted:

gonna laugh if biden ends up deploying the hospital ships that trump deployed a while ago

Holy poo poo I forgot about that! Ok, that's my favorite pandemic moment, when the dude tried to ram a hospital ship with his train

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Steve Yun posted:

Don’t piss on your mom’s enjoyment of southwestern avocado Buffalo chicken rolls

he's a fuckin idiot. she doesn't want to eat at a crappy chain restaurant. she wants to be left alone.

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

etalian posted:

My workplace had a similar ridiculous system in June for the Return to Work ASAP demands.

Drive to work just to dial into virtual meetings since a majority of other departments didn't get the same unreasonable demand.

I am surprised there were not more "bring your defective ungrounded toaster to work" days.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

McCracAttack posted:

I keep hearing stories about people trying to get their parents to take this seriously and it makes me realize I need to tell my Mom how much I appreciate her. She started wearing n95s back in March 2020 and stopped going to church last winter because they stopped outdoor services. In June when cases started dropping I told her "I think it's okay to go back to church if you want." and she said "Not yet."

She lives in Alabama.

Yeah, the messaging has been just godawful to fight against. My mom died last year (cancer not COVID) but since my brother and I were taking care of her full-time she didn't really have a chance to go out there and gently caress up. Now we've got an aunt in a nursing home, one who keeps getting together with kids and grandkids (but at least is vaxxed and aware of the dangers) and an uncle I don't talk to who may well be in Sturgis as we speak. We've long since given up on trying to save everybody; we just offer good advice when we can and if they pay attention, more power to them.

Also Alabama. It's getting squirrelly down here, but nowhere near as nuts as Florida or Texas yet. Give us another week.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Stoop Kid posted:

did you get the 50 pack at costco business center? you can bet your sweet rear end i did

The ones I've seen at Costco are some fake kn94's called fltr95. They have a similar layering but idk how effective they are compared to the real deal.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

kazmeyer posted:

Also Alabama. It's getting squirrelly down here, but nowhere near as nuts as Florida or Texas yet. Give us another week.

They're near Mobile. 🙃

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Penisaurus Sex posted:

This has all been very illustrative that when a person is president makes or breaks their presidency.

Trump is probably the least bad Republican president of the post-WW2 era while Biden has a real shot at being the straight up worst president ever. All that separates the two is that COVID hit in Trump’s last year and Biden’s first.

you got your crack in your ping and it’s making a mess.

Lenin Stimpy
Sep 9, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zokari posted:

there have been an uncountable number of these stories and no one cares

the only thing that will change peoples minds is someone they personally care about dying of covid and even then its probably a coin flip whether they instead decide it was an invisible government ray gun that did it

Some nurses have said in this thread that family members they've encountered are still refusing to get vaccinated as their partners lie dying in the ICU.

The only thing fucks like these understand is force. Forcibly vaccinate all of them

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

If current trends hold, we're looking at 15,000 deaths per week in September.

Took a look at this data, analyzed various models, and according to this, America is very badly failing to test for covid. From the June perigee to the beginning of vaccination in December, the CFR was 1.7% (with deaths coming about 4 weeks after cases). Over the last month for which we have data, the reported CFR is 2%.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Penisaurus Sex posted:

I never said this, I said that he was the least bad Republican president since WW2.

that’s a very specific statement and one I’d defend considering his competition. that does not make him, ‘good’ hth

How was Trump a better president than Eisenhower?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
My favorite thing about all the hospitals full stories is that they NEVER discuss that the hospitals have plenty of beds available, but capital killed all the staff or forced them to leave the field because for some reason people don't like risking dying to communicable illness when you only provide them with refried n95s once a quarter because you didn't want to pay for elastomers.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

PerniciousKnid posted:

Fewer coups and foreign interventions

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Chamale posted:

If current trends hold, we're looking at 15,000 deaths per week in September.

Took a look at this data, analyzed various models, and according to this, America is very badly failing to test for covid. From the June perigee to the beginning of vaccination in December, the CFR was 1.7% (with deaths coming about 4 weeks after cases). Over the last month for which we have data, the reported CFR is 2%.

This a recurring theme in just about every dataset I've looked at for any reason, and it's maddening because it makes it that much harder to see what the gently caress is going on.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

double post ty jeff

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

Penisaurus Sex posted:

I never said this, I said that he was the least bad Republican president since WW2.

that’s a very specific statement and one I’d defend considering his competition. that does not make him, ‘good’ hth

Ike.

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

PerniciousKnid posted:

I was curious too but I literally don't know what else he did besides warn us about the MIC on the way out the door

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
are you people crazy?! Eisenhower was the father of infrastructure week!!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Morbus
May 18, 2004

just lol that if Eisenhower ran today he'd be called a communist

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Trump gets points because he merely continued our overseas wars, he didn’t start any new ones!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

inferis posted:

how many $2000 checks has biden sent us?

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Asproigerosis posted:

Oh right, he was impressed by the nazis and doomed our cities to utterly poo poo layouts

Although to be fair, it did seem like a good idea at the time

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Asproigerosis posted:

He gave us all permission to get mad when someone in the left lane of the interstate is too slow MOVE OVER *flashes high beams*

God bless the interstates

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Crack ping: The covid death rate was pretty steady at 1.7% once America was able to test everyone with symptoms. The vaccine brought the death rate down to 1.1%, lulling everyone into a false sense of security. Delta has brought infection way up and asymptomatic spreaders way up, and raised the death rate among known cases to 2%. It's going to kill at least another 500,000 Americans unless someone can convince Biden of the importance of non-pharmaceutical measures. Of course, those aren't a profitable way to solve a pandemic, whereas the vaccine is very profitable, so they'll keep pushing it as the only answer.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Golden Bee posted:

Trump gets points because he merely continued our overseas wars, he didn’t start any new ones!

He did nearly start the war with Iran for assassinating the guy before it all got swallowed up in covid.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

PerniciousKnid posted:

Eisenhower helped kickstart the morphing of the CIA from an intelligence gathering and presenting apparatus into the parallel state that it became. He oversaw large-scale coups in places like Guatemala and Iran, and assassinations like Patrice Lumumba. He also began the war in Southeast Asia.

Of course Trump probably would have done those things (or gotten as close to ‘doing things’ as he ever does) if he was there, but he wasn’t and didn’t.

it’s also outside the scope of COVID and the plague we’re living in so I’m fine dropping it, it’s just interesting how obvious it is that no one is steering anything.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Shiroc posted:

He did nearly start the war with Iran for assassinating the guy before it all got swallowed up in covid.

but hes the reason we're pulling out of afghanistan. .5 + -.5 = 0 MATH

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Shiroc posted:

That assassination is what kicked off my feelings of unease that have persisted to this day. Time really flies.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

I understand that my argument is above your level of intellect. Dullards like you are unable to think on multiple levels.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Eisenhower helped kickstart the morphing of the CIA from an intelligence gathering and presenting apparatus into the parallel state that it became. He oversaw large-scale coups in places like Guatemala and Iran, and assassinations like Patrice Lumumba. He also began the war in Southeast Asia.

Of course Trump probably would have done those things (or gotten as close to ‘doing things’ as he ever does) if he was there, but he wasn’t and didn’t.

it’s also outside the scope of COVID and the plague we’re living in so I’m fine dropping it, it’s just interesting how obvious it is that no one is steering anything.

Arguing that Biden is worse than Buchanan is a real stretch though, suppose there's still time in his term for multiple civil-war level COVID deaths.

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016
Alright, I'm unreasonably loving terrified of needles and have put off getting vaccinated like a dumbass. I finally scheduled my shots, but is there anything I need to do afterwards aside from drinking lots of water and resting?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Paramemetic posted:

On standby for a 30 day FEMA covid relief deployment to a major city in the south lol, so glad we beat covid already. I'll know if my strike team gets selected tomorrow I guess.

put some christians in FEMA vaxx camps for me

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
And Trump started trade wars with everyone everywhere that Biden gets to proudly carry on.

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

I lust for Chinese world conquest. The truth does not matter before the supremacy of Dear Leader Xi.

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Eisenhower and Nixon would like a word

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Shiroc posted:

Everyone saying that Trump was good are just chuds trying to be sneaky right? Like Biden loving sucks, Trump loving sucked in many of the same but occasionally wildly stupid ways. Stop trying to push 'actually Trump was p good' poo poo you idiots.

trump being bad doesn't make biden good or even better than him, hth

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

i called a jd a "doctor but like in the same way a bunch of chiropractors got together and decided to call themselves doctors" and he got pissed lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
Trump gave us COVID lockdowns and Ike gave us the solution to lockdowns: color-by-numbers.