Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

quirks, no, Nen abilities, yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'm still kinda wondering what the hell the original One For All was talking about when he said they had already passed the singularity. That phrasing is in the official translation too and both the official translator was kinda curious about the meaning of it.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Fabricated posted:

I'm still kinda wondering what the hell the original One For All was talking about when he said they had already passed the singularity. That phrasing is in the official translation too and both the official translator was kinda curious about the meaning of it.

Maybe he just meant that the quirk that AFO gave him and his own latent quirk had already merged and started passing on, as in he'd already started the line of successors we see now.

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Crain posted:

Maybe he just meant that the quirk that AFO gave him and his own latent quirk had already merged and started passing on, as in he'd already started the line of successors we see now.

My feeling is that he meant that all those who came before (except for the essence of All Might who was blurry) had had their personalities merged. Thus they are all speaking to him in one singular voice.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
He's unlocked the Avatar State.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
The word singularity is pretty specific and is used deliberately, and it has been used once before to refer to the quirk singularity.

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Farg posted:

The word singularity is pretty specific and is used deliberately, and it has been used once before to refer to the quirk singularity.

Quirk Singularity refers to the powers getting stronger to the point where no one could control them. Maybe it's referring to how Midoriya was blowing himself up with OFA. So then saying that they past the point of singularity could be that they are past the point where it was a threat to his life? But not sure then how that would relate to him not being alone.

As an aside, if Monoma from 1B copied OFA would he just blow up?
Alternatively couldn't they have him copy AFO and then drain him of all his quirks during the 5 minute copy period. Giving Ragdoll back her quirk in the process and removing the threat of him forever.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
it could just be the point where deku and the quirk have merged

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Which theatres will be showing the movie

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Nobody knows

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'd almost buy one of these if there was a point to it.

https://twitter.com/bell_fine/status/1027516116346724353

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Another special theatrical edition issue has been released.

http://w2.readheroacademia.com/manga/boku-no-hero-academia-theatrical-edition-special/

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Fabricated posted:

I'd almost buy one of these if there was a point to it.

https://twitter.com/bell_fine/status/1027516116346724353

Is there a point to anything? If you like it buy it.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
The point is that froppy is ... good.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I don't even like Tsuyu much, but that's a pretty nice figure.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
"It is the prototype of "1/8 Frog Blow Me rain hero suits Ver." From animation "My hero academy"!"

No, thank you, Google Translate.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

That one came out like a month ago

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Flesnolk posted:

That one came out like a month ago

Sorry, it was new to me

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
New to this thread after just cramming volumes 1 through 14 in the last 3 days. Good poo poo, love the characters, how long do I have to wait for the next volume or am I missing something?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The English release of volume 15 is in October, but if you really wanna get up to date, Weekly Shonen Jump has new chapters the same week they come out in Japan, though you'll have to play a lot of catch-up elsewhere.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Coffee Mugshot posted:

New to this thread after just cramming volumes 1 through 14 in the last 3 days. Good poo poo, love the characters, how long do I have to wait for the next volume or am I missing something?

october if you're reading only volumes

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Really good fan art.

https://imgur.com/gallery/x8lemBv

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So does anybody know if MHA is on a break this week?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Shonen Jump is.

So yes, technically.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Golden Week comes but Too Many Times a year.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Dragonatrix posted:

Golden Week comes but Too Many Times a year.

Actually I think this is oban?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I think it was a joke.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

https://twitter.com/katsukikaboom/status/1006242743323160577

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
You'd think his wings would match his hair, but no, they're actually red.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i'm glad nobody is willing to forgive the fire rapist

they will eventually of course and it will be loving terrible, but still for now it's good

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Fire rapist.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

I’m glad that even though the endeavor plot is being handled effectively with respect for the different ways people cope with abuse, that were still convinced he’s going to get an unearned redemption.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

JahRoo posted:

I’m glad that even though the endeavor plot is being handled effectively with respect for the different ways people cope with abuse, that were still convinced he’s going to get an unearned redemption.
There's strong precedent in shounen, particularly Weekly Jump for that sort of thing.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Fabricated posted:

There's strong precedent in shounen, particularly Weekly Jump for that sort of thing.

Shoto: You're a bastard who can't be forgiven.
Endeavor: I'm a bastard who can't be forgiven.
Reader: This means they're going to forgive Endeavor as if he did nothing wrong!

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Fabricated posted:

Oh I understand, and it was frustrating two months ago to hear people hand wringing about an incoming redemption when there was no indication in the text that something of the sort was going to happen. Now that the text is even more explicit about the way it's being handled, I'm honestly baffled that anyone can still think Horikoshi is gonna bunt on this and give him a free ride.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

JahRoo posted:

Well, the editors decreed that he has to stick around because it's kinda a bad look for every popular shonen series to have a dead or absent parent soooooo.

Personally I'm just waiting for Jesus to come absolve him of his sins so the thread can get back to business pining for Shigaraki to start murdering some of these cops-in-training.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Fabricated posted:

So letīs all ignore every piece of evidence that Horikoshi is going to do better regarding this subject, and stay focused on something that isnīt even his fault.

I get it, series like Assassination Classroom exsist. But can we please stop pretending thatīs the status quo and let the guy tell his story?

I'm not trying to tell people to get over their own hangups regarding Endeavor and his current portrayal. But let's be honest here. Fire rapist is going a bit far now isn't it.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Mulderman posted:

So let´s all ignore every piece of evidence that Horikoshi is going to do better regarding this subject, and stay focused on something that isn´t even his fault.

I get it, series like Assassination Classroom exsist. But can we please stop pretending that´s the status quo and let the guy tell his story?

I'm not trying to tell people to get over their own hangups regarding Endeavor and his current portrayal. But let's be honest here. Fire rapist is going a bit far now isn't it.

"fire rapist" is an absolutely ridiculous thing to write, yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Fabricated posted:

He’s not Azami so stop acting like he is for fucks sakes, this manga actually remembers it needs to have good writing sometimes