Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Hope he didn't use his last name on those white supremacist forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d899EpJSTzg&t=36

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

When the SUV's reverse lights came on again I thought the driver in the pov car was going to get a second helping.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

"you hit me! :mad:"

Btw, here's a compilation of newspeople fuckin up through 2016:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chkiHt_i7co

I'm the owl at 1:32

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
I've seen that little kid at the beginning on indie music/art sites.

I feel your pain, kid.

Trig Discipline has a new favorite as of 23:22 on Jan 16, 2017

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Powaqoatse posted:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

yess

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

Trig Discipline posted:

I've seen that little kid at the beginning on indie music/art sites.

I feel your pain, kid.

Hahahahahahah I loving love this. Guess it's good to get the grief out of the way at a young age.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Phanatic posted:

No, sorry, despite what Vox and HuffPo have told you, that is completely ahistorical bullshit. I understand that it's a comforting notion to console yourself with rather than face up to the fact that Hillary ran a lovely, awful campaign, one that she might not have even had the opportunity to run had the DNC not fixed its own internal election to choose a candidate, but it's simply a false and untrue statement as a matter of history..

Yep. I sure wish more people would do that rather than having their historical awareness spoon-fed to them by Ezra Klein.

Today I learned that Paul Finkman is the pen name of Ezra Klein and the Huffington Post publishes the Cardozo Law Review.

I should probably mention that that is a PDF link.

Seriously, though: it’s a good read.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

RizieN posted:

Hahahahahahah I loving love this. Guess it's good to get the grief out of the way at a young age.

He's at 0:09 in the youtube I posted. Breaks my heart.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Oh man the weather dog! Who's such a good doggie? :3

The "I don't know why I signed up for this" anchor and the reporter after her freaking out about bugs are pretty fantastic too!

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Powaqoatse posted:

The guy with the beagle has got to be some kind of hometown hero to his regular viewers.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Powaqoatse posted:

He's at 0:09 in the youtube I posted. Breaks my heart.

It breaks my heart too, mostly because people look at me and ask "really?" when they find out I make money off of things I make.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

And even it doesn't support your assertion that that's "all there is to it."

quote:

A day later, June 2, James Wilson proposed what would ultimately evolve into the electoral college. The draft document then under consideration provided for the election of the president by the national legislature, which Wilson opposed. He had already indicated his interest in direct election of the president. But, he clearly did not have much support for this.

The lack of support included delegates from states that had already abolished slavery. To reiterate: opposition to direct public vote was expressed by virtually every delegate at the Convention, for reasons that had nothing to do with slavery, and a direct national vote was the least-considered option at the convention. Again, the main debate regarding the selection of the executive was between election via the national legislature, or election via state executive.

I'll post this and it'll be my last bit on the issue.
http://lawjournal.rutgers.edu/sites/lawjournal.rutgers.edu/files/issues/02MaltzVol.43.3.pdf

quote:

A number of points emerge clearly from the evolution of the constitutional provision for selecting a chief executive. First, contrary to the claims of the neoabolitionists, the Southern states cannot be charged with any special responsibility for the rejection of direct election by the people — either alone or in concert with the smaller Northern states. To be sure, the Southern delegations unanimously opposed the motions by James Wilson and Daniel Carroll to provide for election by the people. Further, some of the Southern delegates may have been influenced by the fact that ownership of slaves would not enhance their voting power under a system of direct election. But it was not only or even primarily Southerners who opposed the Wilson and Carroll motions. The motions were rejected near-unanimously, and opposed not only by the South and the small states, but also by Massachusetts, the quintessential large, New England state. Only Pennsylvania showed consistent support for the direct election concept.

Second, nothing in the historical record indicates that the plan devised by the Committee on Unfinished Business was drafted with an eye toward enhancing Southern influence in the process. In fact, if they had focused on the issue, the members of the committee would no doubt have concluded that their plan actually reduced Southern influence in the selection of the President

He deals with the Jefferson-in-1800 bit too. Shutting up now.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
loving fascinating. Good job, thread.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Powaqoatse posted:

I can't tell if I like the reporters with a good sense of humor or the ones with no sense of humor the most.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
reddit.com/r/legaladvice:

quote:

Dog ate my Neighbor's Drone - Am I liable? (IL)

Not sure what to do. Earlier today my neighbor came pounding on my door screaming obscenities and shouting at me. When I finally got him to stop yelling I found out that he was flying his drone in my backyard again and this time my dog finally managed to catch it and destroy it. He claims this was a $900 drone and I had to pay him right then and there. I refused and closed the door in his face. A couple hours later police showed up to retrieve the drone; it was still in my yard, but my dog completely ignored it once it stopped buzzing; and ask about the situation. The said neighbor called them stating that I refused him access to my yard to get it. That's not true, he never asked.

I'm worried the neighbor will try to press charges against me for destruction of property or sue me. Will he have any legal standing if this does go to court?

He has a history of flying his drone low over my yard to tease my dog. I have asked him to stop several times, which he always refuses telling me that I don't own the air above my yard. I have called the police to complain once before, he was doing "fly bys" over my dog and getting very close to hitting him. The police didn't say he couldn't fly it in my yard but did ask him to stop doing so in order to avoid conflict. That only seemed to egg him on.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Platystemon posted:

reddit.com/r/legaladvice:

That's spectacular. gently caress people who fly drones in other people's yards.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Captain Lavender posted:

I can't tell if I like the reporters with a good sense of humor or the ones with no sense of humor the most.

I sure do like the weatherman rolling with those temps in Arizona.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

im pooping! posted:

camacho 4 prez

been saying this for years

if you think about it he's the opposite of trump

he's modest about his own smarts but knows to look for a "smart" guy to fix poo poo

syscall girl has a new favorite as of 02:02 on Jan 17, 2017

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Is that bill murray over there?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Baronjutter posted:

Is that bill murray over there?
                                                                                /

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Powaqoatse posted:

lol at @fart

he got way to far into that joke

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I like how this guy has fallen into the sunk cost fallacy. He spent a bunch of money on tickets he can't offload, so he's going to spend even more money to go to an event he doesn't really want to be at.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

syscall girl posted:

lol at @fart

he got way to far into that joke

haha yea you can tell he expected to be cut off, had to improvise more than he thought

pretty good though

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Bird in a Blender posted:

I like how this guy has fallen into the sunk cost fallacy. He spent a bunch of money on tickets he can't offload, so he's going to spend even more money to go to an event he doesn't really want to be at.

he can probably meet some nice aryan shiksa at a bar later and get in some real trouble

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dmnz
Feb 14, 2012

BNNRROWNWNWOWOWOWO

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Data Graham posted:

I sure do like the weatherman rolling with those temps in Arizona.

"Now I'm, certainly not authorised to order an evacuation of Wickenburg, but 2385° seems pretty dangerous" :haw:

"I'm not your dad, but I would get out while you still can."

"Steel boils at about this temperature, so Cave Creek, well there's probably nothing left up there."

That guy rocked.

Lord Psychodin
Jun 16, 2007
Lord of the fools

:dukedog:
College Slice
So, thanks for all the laughs in this, IOSM, weirdest fanart, r/relationships and whatnot. time for me to be the freude. You probably know why.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Lord Psychodin posted:

So, thanks for all the laughs in this, IOSM, weirdest fanart, r/relationships and whatnot. time for me to be the freude. You probably know why.

Stfu niggerstomper58

mods: permaban this chucklefuck

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I didn't realise I needed a giant zero buoyancy mobile clownfish balloon but yeah. I need one of those.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Rough Lobster posted:

The guy with the beagle has got to be some kind of hometown hero to his regular viewers.
Griffey is the official weather dog of KOLR and the segment is very popular in the Springfield, MO area.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Outrail posted:

I didn't realise I needed a giant zero buoyancy mobile clownfish balloon but yeah. I need one of those.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

This guy owns; made a compilation of all those "just a prank" idiots getting their comeuppance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4KQuudBnAY

So you can watch this in good conscience that they weill not get paid for it. Some of them are obv fake, but there's still a good percentage of idiots getting their just desserts.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

syscall girl posted:

been saying this for years

if you think about it he's the opposite of trump

he's modest about his own smarts but knows to look for a "smart" guy to fix poo poo

https://youtu.be/OmZOZjHjT5E

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

There's always a bigger fish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verymoldy
May 23, 2004