Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
That's a pretty drat solid month. I probably won't play Infamous: Second Son because I'm bored of open world games, but Strike Vector Ex looks hella fun. e: so does sky force!

Montalvo fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Aug 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I want the US one, I have all the good EU ones :(

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Is Hatoful actually well written or is it just a meme generator with pictures of doves?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Renoistic posted:

Is Hatoful actually well written or is it just a meme generator with pictures of doves?

It's far better written than it has any right to be.

It's pretty anime though

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

glam rock hamhock posted:

It's far better written than it has any right to be.

It's pretty anime though

This. It is one of the more bizarre games that I have played, but it is so engaging and compelling. Also I follow Brian Pigeon on Twitter

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Oh drat, I'm not interested on Child of Ligh but Strike Vector EX looked cool. I guess that if I ever get a PS3 for Demon's Souls I'll get to play Handball 2016 too :haw:

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

I dunno, I didnt play any of the first 2015 handball games, not sure this would be a good jumping on point for the plot.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Legit shocked that they haven't patched Rigs to be playable without VR at this point.

e: oh the studio doesn't exist any more. welp

Yodzilla fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Aug 30, 2017

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
Trying to decide which I should buy: Nier Automata, Yakuza Kiwami, or the Crash N.Sane Trilogy.

Thought about giving Kiwami a pass for now since I still need to finish Yakuza 0. I've heard Kiwami retains a lot of the difficulty of the original PS2 release.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Zero is very helpful in understanding what is happening in kiwami i would finish it

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Renoistic posted:

Both.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

Zero is very helpful in understanding what is happening in kiwami i would finish it

Cool, thanks. Guess I'll wait to finish Y0 before picking up Kiwami. I should also probably finish Y5 as well, seeing how's it's been at least a year since I last played it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

without 70 hrs of watching characters like majima, nishiki, sera, etc. develop in 0 im not sure how i would care about them as they are presented in kiwami

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I honestly think 0 does tons from making Majima a good character instead of a good meme (for lack of a better term.)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Majimas ending devastated me and now he is my brother

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's kind of a weird situation now where you miss stuff if you start with 0 but you also miss stuff if you start with Kiwami. On the whole 0 is still the better place to start though.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I know I'm late but Resi7 is loving brilliant

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

It's kind of a weird situation now where you miss stuff if you start with 0 but you also miss stuff if you start with Kiwami. On the whole 0 is still the better place to start though.

I think more series should go for this approach. The MGS franchise works this way. You can start at whichever game you want and they all build each other up, adding new contexts to characters and motivations. Same applies to Star Wars. You can watch either trilogy first and they build on each other.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Try it in VR :getin:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I loved it until the ship where it felt lazy.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Majimas ending devastated me and now he is my brother

What this guy said. I wasn't expecting to feel that hard about a character I was ambivalent on.

I can't stop saying how insane this year has been for games, and I haven't even gotten to some of the longer, heavier hitters.

BTW, I can't remember if it was you who asked me what game I would take over Yakuza 0 a few weeks ago, but I'm plowing through Zelda and I have to say it beats Yakuza 0 for me.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Shadow225 posted:

BTW, I can't remember if it was you who asked me what game I would take over Yakuza 0 a few weeks ago, but I'm plowing through Zelda and I have to say it beats Yakuza 0 for me.

Cant say the same but do you

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Ok, so apparently the earlier posted NA PS+ games list was wrong. The NA list is actually

inFamous: Second Son, PS4
Strike Vector Ex, PS4
Truck Racer, PS3
Handball 2016, PS3
We Are Doomed, PS Vita (Cross buy with PS4)
Hatoful Boyfriend, PS Vita (Cross buy with PS4)

So it's the same as EU but with Strike Vector instead of Child of Light

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

I loved it until the ship where it felt lazy.

Spoilers buddy :argh:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXgnHc51N7c

I'm sorry sir, but behavior like this will not be tolerated at the Eagle Greens Country Club.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah? Ehh

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

But is it a boat, or a spaceship? Is it a chase sequence in a boat like the jet ski in 4? Or a shooting sequence in space?

The possibility space is still pretty big there guy, it's not much of a spoiler.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm happy about strike vector EX. Always thought it looked good but was worried about whether or not the online would actually be populated.

Kind of bummed we don't get child of light though. Another one I've been planning to play for years.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
What's the use of the non course DLC stuff for everybody's golf? E.g.: the clubs

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

I haven't played as Majima yet (I got to the start of his chapter before I dropped the game), but Yakuza 4 was the first Yakuza game I played, and the flashbacks in that game tie into the setup for his story Y0.

Question: Is there a demo for the Crash N.Sane Trilogy on PSN, or is just a kiosk demo? I'm trying to open the PSN store, but it just won't load.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

the panacea posted:

What's the use of the non course DLC stuff for everybody's golf? E.g.: the clubs

I don't know, and that means i don't need it.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

hatoful boyfriend for NA? heck yes.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Oh no you know resident evil 7 has a boat. Immersion ruined. Wipe that one from your must play list lads there's a loving boat that's the entire experience ruined. No point even playing it you see because there's a boat and as someone that hasn't touched resi7 that must be a crucial plot and the knowledge of the existence of this boat is the one entity which will taint this hours long game and make it unplayable.

Might be a zombie in it too? Whoops spoiler bro immersion ruined.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Anyone having problems with the PSN store? I'm trying to grab the Free PS+ games and they keep kicking me back to the main UI. Can't even login via the web, just get an error message.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Macarius Wrench posted:

Oh no you know resident evil 7 has a boat. Immersion ruined. Wipe that one from your must play list lads there's a loving boat that's the entire experience ruined. No point even playing it you see because there's a boat and as someone that hasn't touched resi7 that must be a crucial plot and the knowledge of the existence of this boat is the one entity which will taint this hours long game and make it unplayable.

It's actually a big part of the game that was not disclosed in promo material but continue on with your tantrum if you want.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Macarius Wrench posted:

how did that post possibly offend you this much

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

There were like a couple shots of it at the very end of the last trailers

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

It's actually a big part of the game that was not disclosed in promo material but continue on with your tantrum if you want.

Drip drip drip those details.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Macarius Wrench posted:

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

it was a little over the top but "theres a boat in re7" doesnt feel like i am being spoiled on a major thing as someone who hasnt played the game