Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Captain Duvel posted:

A lot of people with no taste buds in here

Was going to say, water that comes out of the tap is practically free and probably has more flavor to boot...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

If you're an alcoholic, Belgian-style beers are a much better option. They're more expensive per unit, but you can find alcohol contents upwards of 10% ABV so it only takes hammering a few bottles instead of an entire six-pack and it tastes much better.

The only beer I've had to really taste like water is Colt 45. As it warms it gets a gross adjunct mash flavor, but when ice cold it just tastes like carbonated water that someone waved a beer near.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I love fancy craft IPA’s but drat that stuff kills my 31 year old frail body the next morning.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

chitoryu12 posted:

If you're an alcoholic, Belgian-style beers are a much better option. They're more expensive per unit, but you can find alcohol contents upwards of 10% ABV so it only takes hammering a few bottles instead of an entire six-pack and it tastes much better.

The only beer I've had to really taste like water is Colt 45. As it warms it gets a gross adjunct mash flavor, but when ice cold it just tastes like carbonated water that someone waved a beer near.

Twenty years of smoking have murdered my tastebuds and colt still tastes like lovely beer you weird little man

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Etrips posted:

What riding lawnmower doesn’t have a beer holder? Also already learned that lesson quite early. Whoops!

Most of them.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Twenty years of smoking have murdered my tastebuds and colt still tastes like lovely beer you weird little man

I had an ice cold Colt 45 at a concert and it tasted like nothing. Bud Light at least tastes kinda like corn water, but Colt 45 had absolutely zero flavor no matter how hard I tried to pound it until it started warming up.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

chitoryu12 posted:

I had an ice cold Colt 45 at a concert and it tasted like nothing. Bud Light at least tastes kinda like corn water, but Colt 45 had absolutely zero flavor no matter how hard I tried to pound it until it started warming up.

I will concede that ice cold lovely beer tastes less lovely or flavorful in general, and I'll dial back the weird and little comment because I just woke up from a nap. I still find you odd.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Geoj posted:

Was going to say, water that comes out of the tap is practically free and probably has more flavor to boot...

Every single person I know who is into craft beer understand the appeal of a good cheap beer.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Rolo posted:

I love fancy craft IPA’s but drat that stuff kills my 31 year old frail body the next morning.

37 has some surprises in store for you.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
I've been eyeing the Liber Novus for a long time and this just arrived. It's a French deluxe edition reprint. It's heavy and huge (30 x 4,5 x 40 cm) and the illustrations are superb, even if a bit more flat that the the gorgeous originals.

Also I wanted a nice, solid but cheap Flieger type B dial for everyday wear and Tisell makes these nice Stowa-likes with a MIYOTA 90S5 movement

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
I bought this to get ready for the World Cup.

Allez!

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

I bought this to get ready for the World Cup.

Allez!

Nice they let Jean-Paul Gaultier design the new French jerseys

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Nice they let Jean-Paul Gaultier design the new French jerseys

It's a warm-up shirt, not a kit, the kits are much more subdued.

I think it's tres bien, tres chic.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

It's a warm-up shirt, not a kit, the kits are much more subdued.

I think it's tres bien, tres chic.

I secretly hope a béret and a baguette are also part of the ensemble

e: mime make-up would be OK too

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

TraderStav posted:

37 has some surprises in store for you.

Ya'll are crazy, I'm about to turn 40 and I love high ABV craft beer. On a completely unrelated note I pulled my lower back walking down two stairs in my house and it took about a week to get back to normal.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

chitoryu12 posted:

If you're an alcoholic you know that you cant get a buzz off beer so drink it for the taste while sipping on a flask.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Rolo posted:

There are plenty of lower ABV session IPAs worth drinking, look for one of those.

Zeta
Jul 29, 2009

KWEOOOOOO
Pillbug
I bought three bottles of "One A Day" gummy vitamins from Amazon and they arrived today. It took me a minute to realize something was wrong.

Apparently the vitamins melted at some point, then reformed into one mega vitamin. I cut the bottle open and took it out just because I wanted to see what it looked like.

You can still kind of see the shapes of some of the regular vitamins in the mega vitamin. It made me laugh at first, but then I got annoyed when I thought I would need to return them for a replacement. It didn't occur to me until I got a response from Amazon that they obviously don't need me to send the bottles back, they can't really resell them or anything.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Eat the whole thing and be in the next Avengers movie.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

TraderStav posted:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

M E G A V I T A M I N

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:
I'd be more pissed about the fact that nearly none of the volume of the bottle is actually filled.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

TraderStav posted:

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

So in continuing my decent into madness, I copied a schematic for the Mutron Octave Divider. The old one unfortunately, not the Mu-FX rerelease which had some additional things that I wish I could see how they wired it. It's gonna be a bitch to solder, but I really wanted to squeeze the 9V holder in there.

And because I'm insane and hate myself, I got a DSP dev board so I can learn how to do signal processing and make effects in software.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Home Depot was clearancing out their Philips Hue stuff so I added 7 new bulbs and a new dimmer switch to my existing setup.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Zeta posted:

Apparently the vitamins melted at some point, then reformed into one mega vitamin.

Brawndo diversifying

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Zeta posted:

I bought three bottles of "One A Day" gummy vitamins from Amazon and they arrived today. It took me a minute to realize something was wrong.

Apparently the vitamins melted at some point, then reformed into one mega vitamin. I cut the bottle open and took it out just because I wanted to see what it looked like.

You can still kind of see the shapes of some of the regular vitamins in the mega vitamin. It made me laugh at first, but then I got annoyed when I thought I would need to return them for a replacement. It didn't occur to me until I got a response from Amazon that they obviously don't need me to send the bottles back, they can't really resell them or anything.

Get ready for some serious creatine shits

General Emergency
Apr 2, 2009

Can we talk?

SEKCobra posted:

I'd be more pissed about the fact that nearly none of the volume of the bottle is actually filled.

A bunch of balls takes more space than a sheet of vitamin goo. There's air between the balls.

You should cut new and exiting shapes out of the goo that matches the original dosage.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Sell them as Peentamins and become rich (as the ideas man, I get 50%)

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Hollow Knight for my Switch

Best $15 spent in a long while.

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

After dealing unsuccessfully with some fruit flies, up to and including having an indoor bug zapper running for weeks to limited success I got fed up and bought the best bug zapping racket again. American flag pattern because it's cheaper than the default and wow this thing has increased in price! I then walked around the house quietly singing the song from Team America and killing fruit flies and now there's like 2 left. I don't think the complete lack of protective covers on the sides is necessary but it does make the zapper capable of helping you out with wasps and other, bigger flying things.

https://smile.amazon.com/Executione...rds=executioner

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

I got this bad boy: Fujifilm X100f. Lovin it so far.

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Home Depot was clearancing out their Philips Hue stuff so I added 7 new bulbs and a new dimmer switch to my existing setup.

Just got moved into a new-to-me condo and was thinking of going with the Hue system. Do you recommend it?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

ChocNitty posted:

Hollow Knight for my Switch

Best $15 spent in a long while.

I am playing through this now and only a few hours in i am having an outstanding time with it.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.

shipwrek posted:

Just got moved into a new-to-me condo and was thinking of going with the Hue system. Do you recommend it?

I like it a lot compared to the Wink-powered setup I had before with GE bulbs.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

shipwrek posted:

I switched to Hue and with 3.0 it's better than ever.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I bought Ip Man, Jurassic Park, Fight Club, and The Hunt for the Wilderpeople on the Google store because they are nearly 50% off.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

I got this bad boy: Fujifilm X100f. Lovin it so far.

Hella yeah. Still rockin my X100s and love it.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Mu Zeta posted:

I bought Ip Man, Jurassic Park, Fight Club, and The Hunt for the Wilderpeople on the Google store because they are nearly 50% off.

Hunt for the Wilderpeople is so good.
You made the right choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
I bought a very silly shirt and I like it a lot.

https://middleofbeyond.com/collections/button-up/products/rambo-short-sleeve-button-up-shirt?variant=8655907946592