Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Oh how the might have fallen...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/howard-stern-show-giving-away-all-85-dark-knight-iii-1-covers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Isn't Jim Lee a friend of the show?

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Him, Brian Michael Bendis, Matt Fraction, and some other DC Comics guy were on a Stern Comic Con panel once and were all big superfans. Bendis does the new Wrap Up Show sometimes, too.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
So..wouldn't we know something by now? Wtf is the deal

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Keg posted:

I like the idea of the entire channel being replaced with a lovely soft hits/AC format overnight with no notice. Howard is just gone one day and gets replaced with a morning zoo crew hosted by Shuli. It would be the most radio conclusion to Howard's career possible.

I love how you think. :allears:

Even thought the idea of suddenly replacing the show with a morning zoo has been done, the fact that it's Shuli hosting makes it just perfect.

Caper posted:

So..wouldn't we know something by now? Wtf is the deal

He's been counting down the shows left, but he's been pretty nonchalant about it. No drama yet.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

A deal has been reached. Another 5 years

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

EngineerJoe posted:

This is good news to wake up to. Any details about days per week? A post on reddit says there's going to be an app developed.

May 14, 2003

BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY FRUITCAKE!
Just that he was going to be at Sirius for 5 more years and there will be video content and likely more of the back catalog on demand.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

EngineerJoe posted:

I am genuinely surprised. But maybe it will just involve token live shows, enough to claim he's still actively involved.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

1000101 posted:

Just that he was going to be at Sirius for 5 more years and there will be video content and likely more of the back catalog on demand.

Plus enough content for two more channels.

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

The video streaming app plus the archives is key here. I'd be disappointed if it was just another five years of what we've been getting. I'm curious to see the app come to fruition.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

If he were to somehow bring Artie back, I'd actually sign up for Sirius.

I know it'll never happen.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I miss ETA :(

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I know it'll never happen.

Artie isn't gonna happen, unfortunately, but he needs to put SOMEBODY in that chair. A new voice in the room would freshen things up.

And no, I'm not talking about Shuli.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I'm betting it's a minimal amount of shows and he'll lean heavily on the archived content which'll probably be mostly celebrity interviews because everything else is not bland enough. :(

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

a cop posted:

I miss ETA :(

I as well miss that astronaut

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

He should be post-humously known as 'Eric the Angel'.

Or better yet, Eric the completely unfunny, ridiculous, FUCKIN' RETARDED angel.

Also, this week, they really should bring back that hypnotist and get Sal again. Make him think Howard didn't re-sign. "MY JOB IS GONE! MY JOB IS GONE!"

Bets on who doesn't end up living until 2020 to see the (probable) end? HPE, for one. Jeff the Drunk?

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

Eric the gay lovely pedophile astronaut

EngineerJoe posted:

I'm betting it's a minimal amount of shows and he'll lean heavily on the archived content which'll probably be mostly celebrity interviews because everything else is not bland enough. :(

I'm hoping they put up some of the show's greatest hits and I'd even be happy with a revolving selection. I can't imagine they leave out the Gary tape, Scott's push-ups, the OJ prank call, things of that nature.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

EngineerJoe posted:

Yeah, the real meat of this contract was to make use of the tapes. The other five years might just be a show a week or something along those lines.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

I'm club fuckin footed ya asswipe

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

I'm club fuckin footed ya asswipe

Nothing about Eric will make me laugh as hard as when someone mentions 'Club Foot Loose', and then I have ensuing visions of what that would be like. I really wish Richard and Sal would have made an ETM parody of that song. The "oh oh oh oohhh ohhh" part could have easily been dubbed with his grunts.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
Video...way of the future!

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Yeah, the real meat of this contract was to make use of the tapes. The other five years might just be a show a week or something along those lines.

Probably almost exclusively the long form interview that has become standard.

I'm actually surprised he re-signed with Sirius, what with the legal battles and all, though perhaps that is representative of "evolved Howard", too.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Archives on demand is tempting, but with the way he's been censoring stuff from the past, it's just gonna be curated approved content. I'd only be interested if they put up full unedited chronological shows since the NBC days.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Nothing about Eric will make me laugh as hard as when someone mentions 'Club Foot Loose', and then I have ensuing visions of what that would be like. I really wish Richard and Sal would have made an ETM parody of that song. The "oh oh oh oohhh ohhh" part could have easily been dubbed with his grunts.

Mods, please change my name to Club Foot Loose, tia.

I think the hardest I'd ever laughed at anything Eric was the Dianna DeGarmo negotiations. Flying with balloons isn't even that bad, they wanted Eric to poo poo in a diaper at one point.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Sand Monster posted:

Probably almost exclusively the long form interview that has become standard.

I'm actually surprised he re-signed with Sirius, what with the legal battles and all, though perhaps that is representative of "evolved Howard", too.

I wonder how big of a factor getting canned from 'America's Got Talent' was. That had to be a blow.

"There's no foot within my shoe! Ack! Ack ack! Got a curve in my back!"

So much could have been done with it.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Brocktoon posted:

Archives on demand is tempting, but with the way he's been censoring stuff from the past, it's just gonna be curated approved content. I'd only be interested if they put up full unedited chronological shows since the NBC days.

I used to get annoyed that some of the shows from Usenet would still have the local commercials in them. I was a fool.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

I'd type in my credit card number so fast my keyboard would melt.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Ribsauce posted:

I'd type in my credit card number so fast my keyboard would melt.

I know I've said this before, but some chick called in with an awesome idea that Jim Breuer should sit in the Artie chair because he "gets the energy of the show" and Howard chewed her out. He was like, "Artie sat in the Artie Chair! This is the show now!" Lame, but maybe he'll see what's missing at some point over the next 5 years.

Also, definitely signing up. I'm lame as hell

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
If he's not going to make fun of anyone or get away from the offensive humor then why fill the chair? He's obviously not going to let someone sit there and just say whatever like Jackie and Artie did.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Bonzo posted:

If he's not going to make fun of anyone or get away from the offensive humor then why fill the chair? He's obviously not going to let someone sit there and just say whatever like Jackie and Artie did.

Yeah, the show's "evolved" now, though I stopped listening when Artie left, so this is based off what I see in this thread.
I'm thinking if it's another 5 years of old lame Howard, and the released media is edited/curated, I'd rather he stop now, and leave what little legacy he had instead of continuing to sour it.
Mostly just sad it's become what it is now.

Thank God for clip packs.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

I hope we at least got another clip of Sal crying "I hosed up I should have saved some money" from all this?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Soft Shell Crab posted:

I hope we at least got another clip of Sal crying "I hosed up I should have saved some money" from all this?

Nope. Robin was the one who cried this time.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Caper posted:

Jim Breuer should sit in the Artie chair because he "gets the energy of the show"

There have been no truer words written in this thread than this. Not even 'This is Kelly Clarkson'.

drat, I didn't even think of Jim, and now I'm pissed that he's not there. :argh:

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Dont even need to change the thread title, how fitting.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

Sand Monster posted:

Nope. Robin was the one who cried this time.

Probably because she won't make it to the finish line now. :(

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Transmodiar posted:

Probably because she won't make it to the finish line now. :(

"AM I THE MIDGET FOR THIS FIVE-YEAR RUN, HOWARD? AM I THE FRATTO???"

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

EngineerJoe posted:

ANOTHER NICKEL. THATS GANGSTER TALK FOR 5 YEARS.......RIIIIIIGHHHHHHTTTTT

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

To celebrate this news, I actually decided to follow Dominos Pizza on Twitter.

EDIT: vvvv Oooh, good idea!

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Dec 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Same but big veiny tits for me