Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Anora posted:

Any word on the Secret Santa yet? I just want to make sure I didn't miss an e-mail.

Not yet, I'm just sorting out emails (inbetween doing actual work at work).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
No Rush (except for the impending holiday looming over you).

Just wanted to make the last/last few gifts more personal.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Sizone posted:

The most unloved transformer. The easy fix for him is going to be grafting a pair of (probably ledgend Blackjack's) arms above/in (swiveling to accommodate transformation) his weird side chest cavities. This will give him Kuato arms (and a Kuato head if I glue Blackjack's head to his chest) and it will be cool and creepy. For the practice run, here he is with oversized black aoe voyager grimlock's arms (if I can find more t-rex arms of the right size I might just use those because it looks ridiculous). Getting him to stand up is hopeless, grafting a small pair of donor legs to the back of his current legs might help, weight reduction would involve cutting out large parts of the blue translucent plastic on his head and tail and I don't really want to do that.

He's also a hip-hop/actor star now.

What the hell is that... thing. Seriously. It's hideous, yet I cannot look away.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

What the hell is that... thing. Seriously. It's hideous, yet I cannot look away.

someone at kenner decided to make the most hideous, disgusting bug former ever and thus retrax was born. He's wonderful.

Remember it was the 90's. Gross-out was cool, Ren and Stimpy was big and South Park was all about poo and hadn't started thinking it was smart yet..

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

C'mon, Retrax ain't that bad. That headsculpt reminds me of something though, I'm not sure what.

Tunklord Supreme
Jun 4, 2011

dragon bong z

Retrax is a treasure. His eye-searingly blue/white/red redeco from Beast Wars II, Powerhug, is even better.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Powerhug's name is 10000% better, simply because someone at Takara saw him and was like "I totally know what this dude's deal is."

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Acne Rain posted:

someone at kenner decided to make the most hideous, disgusting bug former ever and thus retrax was born. He's wonderful.

Remember it was the 90's. Gross-out was cool, Ren and Stimpy was big and South Park was all about poo and hadn't started thinking it was smart yet..

This explains a lot of the sculpted detail during the Beast Wars era, actually. Most of the Transmetal 2's faces look as though they've stepped in something unpleasant.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Solicits up for number 50s of both what used to be RiD and MtMtE. In the former, Optimus is going invade Earth and in the latter it's Megatron and the DJD

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Yeah they've said for a while issue 50 is "when poo poo goes down" in both books.

Then afterwards probably right into Titans Come Back from Vacation, what the gently caress Did you Do to our Crystal City

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Meant to mention, Strangehamster, got the package. Thanks a bunch for helping me get those clearanced bots from the collector's club, they showed up super fast!

That Kup repaint is even MORE baby food brown than I thought it would be, it's almost impressive.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Acne Rain posted:

He's also one of the rare few transformers with a roboboner. The insect leg on the bit that becomes his chest piece is very ummm... nightmare phallic, groinally positioned and raises and lowers.

P sure that dude at kenner knew he was going to get a few laughs out of that. It also means Retrax and, like, Megatron and Shockwave have something in common.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Blackheart posted:

C'mon, Retrax ain't that bad. That headsculpt reminds me of something though, I'm not sure what.

His arms are completely sacrificed by his gimmick. Don't get me wrong, I looove the beast mode, it's literally the best, but he's not a great figure.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

His arms are completely sacrificed by his gimmick. Don't get me wrong, I looove the beast mode, it's literally the best, but he's not a great figure.

The hands unpeg from the head and tail, which allows him to both haduken and bow respectfully to his opponents. You can also unlatch the forearms from the shoulders which allows hands and forearms to flop around in either flamboyantly gay poses or for him to make gangsta g kinda gestures. He can't hold anything, or really punch anything or do most of the other stuff action figures do with their arms but they aren't -completely- sacrificed. Hell, if you're willing to sacrifice the ball gimmick (and the hug gimmick) you can pop off the arm springs and I'm sure you can stiffen up the swivels. I dunno, he's got major problems, but I still love the weird dude.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Turns out this guy wasn't as small as people initially thought. I'm interested again.

dat backpack tho...

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Hey dudes if you use the Target Cart Wheel app: http://cartwheel.target.com/ you can get 25% off Transformers there. I haven't tried it myself, but you add the 'deal' or coupon or whatever to your app and at checkout they scan a code from the app and the discount is applied. Stock up on secret santa gifts!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Gonna buy every fuckin Rook in the Tri-state area

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
apparently not only is season 2 RID's last season, but it's only 13 episodes plus a three episode movie.
Well, I guess the Alignedaverse is probably going to get replaced by something else.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Acne Rain posted:

apparently not only is season 2 RID's last season, but it's only 13 episodes plus a three episode movie.
Well, I guess the Alignedaverse is probably going to get replaced by something else.

It's a shame. Not because the show was anything special, but those decepticon character designs deserve better toys and that's less likely to happen if the show is ending.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Guess that skylander/amiibo app integration bs didn't pan out too well. A deluxe underbite and a deluxe clampdown would've been kinda cool.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

A proper deluxe Bisk toy never happened, did it?

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
Saw this commercial and thought i'd share it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zd6Z2-fjik

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

Lepecard posted:

When the shouting started I expected one of them to shoot blood from his eyes like in Rejected.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I heard part of that commercial from the other room the other day and thought I was imagining it. That's a pretty fantastic commercial honestly

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Those shelves are really well stocked on Transformers, even if it is just one.

I'm sort of jealous...

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

A proper deluxe Bisk toy never happened, did it?

A proper Steeljaw toy never happened either if we're discussing whether "proper" things happened...

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Lepecard posted:

I kinda wish Optimus Prime was in one of the Toy Story movies.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Finally, MMC gives us what we all want: Lockdown as a jet being eaten by a garbage bin

Look at the size of his rifle though

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Spiderdrake posted:

Finally, MMC gives us what we all want: Lockdown as a jet being eaten by a garbage bin

That's no rifle.

it's his face

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

That Lockdown looks so badass.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

therealjon_ posted:

That Lockdown looks so badass.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Wow that...doesn't look bad! I am impressed!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I wish he had a fin pointing up so he could be Vic Viper.

DT: Make them make a Vic Viper.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah, but...

why

Well I guess as long as someone finds it cool I guess. It's neat when they do their own thing, too.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Spiderdrake posted:

That doesn't look like Mad Max's interceptor........no buys.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Endless Mike posted:

DT: Make them make a Vic Viper.
Wasn't this the one people were excited about in that regard?

I think Quantron's Lightspeed is supposed to be a homage to that, too. (and that car looks like Spy Hunter or w/e)

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
That Lockdown is also probably at least $100 so I think I can probably pass on him. The green and black are pretty though.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

That doesn't look like Mad Max's interceptor........no buys.

poo poo, if he looked like Mad Max's interceptor I'd probably be all over it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Blackheart posted:

Yeah, but...

why

Well I guess as long as someone finds it cool I guess. It's neat when they do their own thing, too.

Hasbro made an Arwing they can make a Vic Viper. :colbert:

Spiderdrake posted:

Wasn't this the one people were excited about in that regard?

I think Quantron's Lightspeed is supposed to be a homage to that, too. (and that car looks like Spy Hunter or w/e)

I guess I missed this but now I want it. I don't want Computron bits.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

The Vic Viper already has a robot mode

http://zoneoftheenders.wikia.com/wiki/Vic_Viper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Anora posted: