Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i can only game after my son goes to bed at about 8:00, so i have to game very hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I've been very slowly playing Last Of Us 2 and it's a good study for how well smoke and mirrors stuff can work in a stealth game. I'm pretty sure the actual AI isn't anything special but they've spent a billion dollars recording NPC callouts for every single possible specific combat permutation , with every random enemy having a unique name, etc, and it makes the sections with human enemies feel extremely tense and dynamic. On the other hand, fighting zombies is really really boring, which is kind of funny for a zombie game

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

goferchan posted:

I've been very slowly playing Last Of Us 2 and it's a good study for how well smoke and mirrors stuff can work in a stealth game. I'm pretty sure the actual AI isn't anything special but they've spent a billion dollars recording NPC callouts for every single possible specific combat permutation , with every random enemy having a unique name, etc, and it makes the sections with human enemies feel extremely tense and dynamic. On the other hand, fighting zombies is really really boring, which is kind of funny for a zombie game

https://clips.twitch.tv/ExpensiveIcyBananaStrawBeary

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mega Man 11... it’s pretty goddamn good

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
One of the Shantae's, not sure which. Was free on Xbox. I'm helping the sexy pirate lady collect map pieces. Seems pretty hype so far.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

overslept so missed morning gaming, but i'm gonna play FFIX anyway

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

lmfao

saltyslug
Jun 28, 2012

Guess where this lollipop's going?
darksiders with coffee

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Learning how to play Rainbow with the homies

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I tried to give borderlands 2 a fair chance but it's honestly the most miserable gaming experience I've ever had and my friend who tried to get me into it has terrible taste in games.

Gonna try baba is you later, maybe a little ds2 or chrono trigger if I have time

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
More Shantae. Seems cool. Wish I would have paid attention to the lore and knew who Sky was so I didn't waste an hour looking for that 3rd statue.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

bought turnips this week for the first time in months since I never paid off my final house loan and I'm gonna lose so much money on this poo poo since not as many people are playing anymore to scrounge for good deals.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

The Klowner posted:

I tried to give borderlands 2 a fair chance but it's honestly the most miserable gaming experience I've ever had and my friend who tried to get me into it has terrible taste in games.

Gonna try baba is you later, maybe a little ds2 or chrono trigger if I have time

baba is you will not disappoint

saltyslug
Jun 28, 2012

Guess where this lollipop's going?
Sitting down to some lost odyssey disc 3. This game is pretty charmless but I've mostly liked it anyway

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mega Man 11 and coffee

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Played a lot of Yakuza 5 this morning but started burning out and doing really badly at the rhythm games in the section that’s 99% rhythm games so I’m taking a break. Might do some Saints Row the Third Remastered later

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
Think I'm gonna check out Yakuza Kiwami

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

bought turnips this week for the first time in months since I never paid off my final house loan and I'm gonna lose so much money on this poo poo since not as many people are playing anymore to scrounge for good deals.

Just sell them on a Games Goon island

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Watching some Russian dude stream Signal Simulator and zoning out so hard my heart rate is in the 40s.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Special Holiday Long Weekend Edition: I got Sudden Strike 4 and all the Stellaris DLC that I was missing in the Steam sale this week so I think I’ll try out one of those

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sekiro, only ever beat it once so im trying for a different ending, although idk how to get different endings...

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

In Training posted:

Sekiro, only ever beat it once so im trying for a different ending, although idk how to get different endings...

Luckily I don't think you can actively gently caress up any ending like you can in, say, DS3. Otherwise it's still just as cryptic and impossible to intuit.

Going to fight Sirus in path of exile tonight, god willing.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Bitch made me think it was Friday. I've already got a hard enough time keeping track of the days, I don't need this poo poo.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

American McGay posted:

Bitch made me think it was Friday. I've already got a hard enough time keeping track of the days, I don't need this poo poo.

legally today is friday

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

elf help book posted:

legally today is friday

:hai:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Every day is Friday now IMO. We need to party while we can

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

Luckily I don't think you can actively gently caress up any ending like you can in, say, DS3. Otherwise it's still just as cryptic and impossible to intuit.

Going to fight Sirus in path of exile tonight, god willing.

nice, and after looking briefly at the steps to do the two endings I didn't know about, there's a good chunk of this game I completely missed which is awesome.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
Don't really play ARPGs so Grim Dawn is confusing the hell out of me when it comes to builds.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

dark souls and yakuza kiwami 2. just finishing the clan creator stuff in yakuza, might beat it today

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

yakuza 5. im trying to learn shogi

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Spoderman posted:

yakuza 5. im trying to learn shogi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uKIeamPi2Y

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bioshock 2. don't know if it's grabbing me right off the bat the same way the first did but it's still a good time so far.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Neverwinter Nights toolset. I guess I could just dm a game of d&d but there's something very soothing about setting up lighting and mood for different areas, making outfits for npcs and writing dialogue trees etc

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Yakuza 4, Captain Toad and I decided play the original Breath of Fire on Switch for some reason

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Suikoden II

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

lonely mountains downhill

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Total War Warhammer 2 and probably breath of the wild

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Getting back into Pokemon Shield for the first time in about six months

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
Want to start Yakuza 0 again bc the first time i just finished the intro then played 11 hours of mahjong and learned the rules and bought some tiles + taught my friends how to play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

3 houses