Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

After using it for a few ops, I think the Pummeler feels pretty good. The stun effect is more useful than the concussive liberator and the damage is useful. Basically makes you immune to Berserkers.

My main issue is that when reload it, if you fire too early it fires like a single bullet and then the new mag falls back out. This has gotten me killed several times...

The Tenderizer feels a lot better to kill with than its stats would suggest. I do think it needs a gimmick to separate it more obviously from the Liberator. Maybe having two 15 round magazines so you can half load it like the A/C.

The new SMG feels weird to me. Not bad but weird the stagger is amazing. And it kills small bots fine. But the concussive effect makes popping devs in the face annoyingly hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Kunabomber posted:

I dunno if anyone else has done this, but a rando group that I joined tried something for one of those eradication missions:

It's surprisingly effective once you start coordinating barrages, you just gotta accept death

This is real Freedom.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
also I don't believe for a second that anyone saying DCS obsoletes AMR is actually headshotting devastators with it quickly+consistently enough for that to be true, it's so frequently the better play to just quickly dump 2 AMR/AC shots into their body instead of trying to hit their tiny little head hitbox

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
The Sony thing seems to have kicked off a wider issue, because they've made the game unable to be purchased in 180 countries, and done the same for Ghosts of Tsushima, even though that game doesn't need a PSN account to play single player. I hope they get a whole lot more backlash for this, it's screwing over arrowhead again by locking out a bunch of potential new players.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
I hope AH continues to do monthly warbonds because they 100% help keep the game engaging, but I think they could absolutely get away with changing the approach to what type of stuff they include. Continuing to commit to 3x primaries and a new booster every month seems pretty unsustainable and I don’t think they should release another with this format. I’d much rather see a single, well thought out, primary weapon and maybe either a booster OR grenade. Lots of guns in this game are a blast to use, it’s clear AH can make cool + fun stuff, they just need more time to cook.

Armors, emotes, other character cosmetics are perfectly acceptable to be the bulk of the monthly live service paid content. The current offering feels like it’s quickly leading to a bunch of boring gear that feels rushed at best or just plain bad at worst. Gimme quality, not quantity - there are already so many other cool content releases with the overall campaign progression, there’s no reason we need 4 weapons a nade and a booster every month too (especially if like 50% of them are kinda just bad on release).

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Has the arc thrower copped a nerf in the last patch or two that I missed?

I know they dropped its range and raised its stopping power a while back, but after that I could consistently stunlock hulks with it. The last couple times I used it, it seemed less effective at that.

Still rules though!

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Roach Warehouse posted:

Has the arc thrower copped a nerf in the last patch or two that I missed?

I know they dropped its range and raised its stopping power a while back, but after that I could consistently stunlock hulks with it. The last couple times I used it, it seemed less effective at that.

Still rules though!

Hulks had their resistance to stuns increased. They can still be killed with the arc but you have to do the thing where you fire the second shot before fully charging it.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Ah that makes sense! Thanks!

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

pretty neat, there's a mystery robot on the display of the automaton propaganda towers and you can see a mostly intact version of it by the new research station variant. it looks like a super devastator

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Literally just happened to me because the guy wanting to make an explosive exit didn’t see he wasn’t the last one to board

He immediately apologized, which is pretty neat.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006

turn off the TV posted:

pretty neat, there's a mystery robot on the display of the automaton propaganda towers and you can see a mostly intact version of it by the new research station variant. it looks like a super devastator

I wasn't sure, but it seems like they've added some new variants for a bunch of objectives. There are big spires of bug rock that I could swear I hadn't seen before the TCS deactivation.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

I wasn't sure, but it seems like they've added some new variants for a bunch of objectives. There are big spires of bug rock that I could swear I hadn't seen before the TCS deactivation.

I've seen a couple of new bunker configurations i didnt see prior to the last few patches. And of course they also added a super sample POI that has enemies

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Plasma Punisher is a lot better than I thought, holy poo poo! What was the buff a few weeks ago, just a rate of fire boost? It seems VERY strong now, it's doing amazing work against heavy devastators and striders, and I can pretty much unload into a drop and wipe them all out, whereas with any other loadout I'd see that and immediately run for cover. The damage is pretty good, but what especially rules is that it staggers devastators even through the big shield, so even if there's a few of them you can stop them from firing that laser gatling gun and forcing you to take cover or die.

And now that the Senator is useable, it feels much better to take an AOE primary since I have a secondary for close range. The Redeemer is awesome, don't get me wrong, but the four mags don't go very far. I still haven't unlocked the pistol from the new warbond, that might be good to combo with it too.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Phenotype posted:

Plasma Punisher is a lot better than I thought, holy poo poo! What was the buff a few weeks ago, just a rate of fire boost?

range

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Phenotype posted:

Plasma Punisher is a lot better than I thought, holy poo poo! What was the buff a few weeks ago, just a rate of fire boost? It seems VERY strong now, it's doing amazing work against heavy devastators and striders, and I can pretty much unload into a drop and wipe them all out, whereas with any other loadout I'd see that and immediately run for cover. The damage is pretty good, but what especially rules is that it staggers devastators even through the big shield, so even if there's a few of them you can stop them from firing that laser gatling gun and forcing you to take cover or die.

And now that the Senator is useable, it feels much better to take an AOE primary since I have a secondary for close range. The Redeemer is awesome, don't get me wrong, but the four mags don't go very far. I still haven't unlocked the pistol from the new warbond, that might be good to combo with it too.

They buffed the projectile size as well. Shots used to pass right between devastator's legs or arms.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Phenotype posted:

Projectile size and IIRC they increased the speed significantly but didn't change the drop (so it goes through the same arc as before, just faster).

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

How to make gamers happy, give them a free cape

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

I said come in! posted:

im not watching a 14 minute video, what is the tl;dr here? this is actually relevant to me because I solo a lot, but still.

So much of it is based on community testing, interpretation of patch notes and short dev communication like tweets, and false outrage like others have said.

As you destroy more objectives and bases, the spawn rate for enemy patrols seems to rise.

On top of that, if you are in a squad of 4, but the squad stays together, it spawns the same number of new patrols that it does for a person playing solo. Apparently if that squad splits up in 4 different directions, the game will spawn 4x the amount of patrols. There was no discussion about a minimum or maximum distance apart for a squad to be considered a single entity that effects the amount of patrols. It sounds to me like the patrol system is designed so that no one can run away on their own and avoid combat completely - a player will always face enemies and can't completely avoid detection (because the game is not Metal Gear Solid or Sniper Elite).

The claim is that many solo players are frustrated because even if they are successfully avoiding detection and alerts, they will still get chased down, and need to be able to kill these patrols fast enough to avoid being overwhelmed. Obviously that is harder to do at higher difficulties where you need certain loadouts to kill specific enemies faster.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
The plasma punisher's range is the same, and it was always a great weapon, the buff was bizarre

I keep seeing people doing the thing where the throw strategems while diving and I'm pretty sure it doesn't do anything

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Insert name here posted:

Projectile size and IIRC they increased the speed significantly but didn't change the drop (so it goes through the same arc as before, just faster).

So a lot of weird stuff to make it feel way different, got it. I remember trying it on release and not being super impressed with it, but it's gotta be one of the best primaries in the game at the moment, between the stagger and the AOE. I haven't tried it against bugs yet, but you'd think it would be even better since they tend to clump up more than bots.

causticBeet posted:

I hope AH continues to do monthly warbonds because they 100% help keep the game engaging, but I think they could absolutely get away with changing the approach to what type of stuff they include. Continuing to commit to 3x primaries and a new booster every month seems pretty unsustainable and I don’t think they should release another with this format. I’d much rather see a single, well thought out, primary weapon and maybe either a booster OR grenade. Lots of guns in this game are a blast to use, it’s clear AH can make cool + fun stuff, they just need more time to cook.

Yeah, definitely feeling kind of a glut of samey primary weapons at the moment. I wanted to try out something new tonight, so Plasma Punisher stood out, and then... uh, 8 different automatic rifles with slight variations on damage and handling? I'm doubly upset about the Eruptor nerf because I'd just given it a proper try and was starting to really enjoy it literally the night before that patch, and it was a nice change of pace from the Sickle and Punisher and 12 other guns that feel like the Sickle and Punisher but aren't quite as solid.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Phenotype posted:

So a lot of weird stuff to make it feel way different, got it. I remember trying it on release and not being super impressed with it, but it's gotta be one of the best primaries in the game at the moment, between the stagger and the AOE. I haven't tried it against bugs yet, but you'd think it would be even better since they tend to clump up more than bots.

If you get the bug permutation that's infinite hoppers and hunters then it might be pretty good but i found it really weird to deal with anything it doesn't one shot since it sort of just slides them around very jankily

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

I tried the AMR again tonight for the Personal Order and really enjoyed it. Paired it with stun grenades and got to absolutely poo poo can Hulks and a whole squad of devastators.

When I ran out of AMR ammo I stunned 5 devastators and whipped out the Senator and just started executing them. It felt insanely awesome.

I Quick Played into an absolute shitshow of a mission. One pubbie In Mission, I hotdrop in and a new Helldiver lands with me too. Reinforcement budget: 1

The host has squirreled themselves away in a hole underneath a bombed out gunship facility and dropped an SOS. I think they’re AFK. The facility is surrounded by dropped weapons and backpacks of every kind from the folks who originally joined up and quit.

We get a third helldiver and we start clearing. Only one of us ever dies at a time and we carefully use our single reinforcement. After 20 minutes the useless AFK host drops and we keep going. All 3 of us are Ramboing the map, if one person gets a bot drop - they vanish and the other two push harder.

We clear the entire map with 1 reinforcement. I go to Extract and there’s a Factory Walker and a shitload of opposition. I drop all my stratagems on it and run away. My allies are finishing ICBM all the way across the map. I kite a dropship landing and then come back to Extract and call it in. We run out of time and stratagems with 30 seconds left but the opposition is relatively light.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
Well at least there may be a public test server incoming so that we can do their job for them for only the low low cost of US$39.99-$59.99. And the community cheers as though that's some sort of a win for anyone besides AH.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

bandaid.friend posted:

The plasma punisher's range is the same, and it was always a great weapon, the buff was bizarre
I think it's quite good against bots and still kind of awkward most of the time against bugs. since a lot of people had issues with the travel time a QoL/ease of use tweak that didn't chance the fundamental performance of the gun made a lot of sense to me.
Right now I enjoy running it a lot with senator, stuns, light armor + eagle airstrike/laser/shield/AMR. Range limits aren't an issue with those secondaries/support.

Apple Craft posted:

Well at least there may be a public test server incoming so that we can do their job for them for only the low low cost of US$39.99-$59.99. And the community cheers as though that's some sort of a win for anyone besides AH.
What exactly are you responding to here? The latest thing I've seen Pilestedt say is an update wrt the country restrictions valve enacted.

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 05:16 on May 12, 2024

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

Grayshift posted:

Two-body-shots on devastators was nice, as was reloading on the move.

It's only one if you hit their head or waist. Can one shot scout striders too, though you have to hit the hip or the side of the codpiece.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Apple Craft posted:

Apple Craft posted:

Boy am I bad with money. I bought super credits to buy the premium battlepass. Then, I bought the Super Citizen Upgrade so those super credits were basically a wasted purchase. Now, I have earned enough super credits to buy the battlepass for free anyway. FOR MANAGED DEMOCRACY! The devs deserve the support, but holy hell am I stupid, lol.

:lol:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Air Guitar victory pose is pretty clutch but I’m torn because the squat is so good

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Video Nasty posted:

Air Guitar victory pose is pretty clutch but I’m torn because the squat is so good

I do random and have all or close to all of the poses unlocked and the amount of times i get a boring one is far too many. I wish I could select more than 1 and have those random instead of only having the option to random all.

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Unfortunate reality about new weapons is they don't have a lot of room to carve out niches, so a lot of guns are gonna be slightly different variations.

A. The breakpoints are very tight for a lot of enemies, especially on bots where the entire damage range from 65-125 result in weapons that function nearly identically against devestators.

B. The Armor system seems like it should provide more variation than it is capable of providing. The functional range is AP1-3, they tried AP0 with the spray and pray and it was utterly worthless trash.

C. Guns with unique mechanics are hard to balance, especially with the limited QA / Testing they have been doing. Especially since they seem wary of making things in the Warbond too powerful off the bat, there's just gonna be a lot of duds, unfortunately.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

goons never changes

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Infidelicious posted:

B. The Armor system seems like it should provide more variation than it is capable of providing. The functional range is AP1-3, they tried AP0 with the spray and pray and it was utterly worthless trash.
Even narrower than that! For primaries it's 2-3. The S&P was 1 and now nothing is.

Then support weapons are 4 or 5 effectively, because all heavy armor enemies are 5.

This makes sense considering how all or nothing armor and AP are, especially for durable parts, which seem to jump straight from 0 to full damage for equal AP.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 07:13 on May 12, 2024

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
They were saying early on they were concerned about the premium warbond weapons being better than the standard warbond, someone said something like the Senator was deliberately underpowered

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
Just had one of those matches that remind me why I love this game. Everybody brought something different to a bot match (diff 7), but it was all suited to fight bots. I could barely get my stratagems out before one of the pubbies called in something as good or better than I was planning. This game is so good when the teamwork comes together.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I prefer the Dominator over the Diligence Counter Sniper because while both weapons reward careful aiming, if I panic and just go for body shots when the clown car of devastators inevitably happens, the Dominator still takes them out via body shots. If I need to kill purely chaff pretty much any pistol can take care of it. I've tried running the DCS post buff, and I'm glad it's better, but it's hard to give up the Dominator against bots.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I really wanted to like the dominator, but no matter what you combine it with, it just can't match the effectiveness of the autocannon and sickle combo.

I agree with the people saying that the warbonds should be like one new gun, one pistol, one grenade, and a bunch of cosmetics. Every warbond so far has only had one real standout primary anyway (breaker incendiary, eruptor, sickle, pummeler I guess?), there haven't been any new armor effects except for the electrical resistance, and the new boosters have been absolute jokes.

Risky Bisquick posted:

How to make gamers happy, give them a free cape

Genuinely more excited about this than the warbond

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 07:30 on May 12, 2024

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

it would be cool if the "remember aim mode" setting functioned at all

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Owl Inspector posted:

it would be cool if the "remember aim mode" setting functioned at all
It frequently uses my friend's setting for me and vice-versa when we play together, annoying us both as we use opposite settings. What a weird bug lol.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

I don't know if most of you are playing on PC, but I'm on PS5 and the dominator has very cool and unique haptic feedback on the trigger which makes it feel more chunky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Tried the Adjudicator again and has anyone noticed the sights are off? Is this one of the "known issue" guns? I think its not that the sights are off actually but that its an inaccurate piece of poo poo. You can't give me a space G3 and then make it inaccurate on semi!! Crouching in FPS mode on semi auto and the shot goes anywhere except where my crosshair is at the time of aiming.

Sorry Space G3, back into the trash can you go.