Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Update on my CHUD relatives:

My uncle, who believes COVID is fake, has actually started to recover. He still refuses to acknowledge he had it and his kids are still refusing to get vaccinated, mask up, or even wash their drat hands.

My aunt, who was brain washed by my uncle, is probably going to die in the next few hours. Before she was on a ventilator she was apparently assaulting nurses and refusing everything.

I will not be going to the funeral.

gently caress the conservative grifters and Q nutjobs who helped turn my mildly annoying hick of an uncle into a wacko that got his wife killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokyo reject
Jun 12, 2019

when she's tryin to slide into your dm's but you wanna talk about a better america

:lol:

Took me a sec

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Strong Sauce posted:

"don't bully sinema or she'll take her ball and go home!" is not the good response her "allies" think it is..

the article is pure garbo btw.. seems like she's playing exactly by washington's rules. take a bunch of lobby money for your own benefit.

Oh no! I think she heard you, took her ball and...
https://twitter.com/jonallendc/status/1443975238715420673

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
Lol, remember the Presidential debates just a few months ago?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

MrQwerty posted:

Krysten Sinema's motives are:

1) own a winery next to Maynard Keenan's because that is still edgy right;
2) just purely osmosis-process fame and a permanent job out of this poo poo.

Her miscalculation is doing it right now and not 15 years ago.

Yeah the point of hiring ex-politicians as lobbyists is they can get their foot in the door due to prior relationships.

I don’t think any Dem in Congress will have the time of day for Sinema after she gets her rear end handed to her - if not in the primary, then the general. It’s not like she’s well liked.

Holding up legislation for a pet project is annoying, but understandable. Holding up legislation without explanation is just going to make people never want to deal with you.

I had a lot of hope for Sinema since she used to be a Green. Now, I’ve come around to, “never trust a Green, current or former.” They’re all hosed up.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

pro starcraft loser posted:

The Dems not passing this bill will hand the House to the Republicans in 2022. LOL bye democracy.

Yeah, but it's Friday and I got weed and video games :smug:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
What little I know of her leads me to think she’s a top-tier fart sniffer, like, bottling her farts for later use tier.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Yeah the point of hiring ex-politicians as lobbyists is they can get their foot in the door due to prior relationships.

I don’t think any Dem in Congress will have the time of day for Sinema after she gets her rear end handed to her - if not in the primary, then the general. It’s not like she’s well liked.

Holding up legislation for a pet project is annoying, but understandable. Holding up legislation without explanation is just going to make people never want to deal with you.

I had a lot of hope for Sinema since she used to be a Green. Now, I’ve come around to, “never trust a Green, current or former.” They’re all hosed up.

Kyrsten Sinema will absolutely be primaried

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

i think this was posted.. but this is pretty hilarious.

https://twitter.com/EoinHiggins_/status/1443750386066731014

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

you forget that everyone in DC are in the club. you are not. sure bernie sanders won't take a meeting with her. but plenty of other libs/chuds will.
---------
also remember after the election in nov and all the dumb "moderate" liberals were yelling at people like AOC were destroying the democrat's agenda? don't hear lots of those people speaking out against sinema now. hmmm interesting. where are all those house members now? curious.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Strong Sauce posted:

also remember after the election in nov and all the dumb "moderate" liberals were yelling at people like AOC were destroying the democrat's agenda? don't hear lots of those people speaking out against sinema now. hmmm interesting. where are all those house members now? curious.

They lost their voices screaming themselves hoarse over AOC's dress

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Joe Manchin also threatened a reporter the other day for asking about his son's business interests, he seems like a real piece of poo poo

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

No one expects Senator "wine o clock" to have Democratic politics because she's bisexual they expect her to have Democratic politics because she ran as and was elected as a Democrat.

Really pretty simple if you aren't a DC brained imbecile

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
That free advice sure seems to be costing millions of people everything they have.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

StrangersInTheNight posted:

yeah one of the most strange and insidious parts of the pandemic is how many people mistook 'vulnerable people such as the elderly and immunocompromised are more susceptible' to mean 'so healthy people are ok!' which is NOT WHAT THAT MEANS
The first covid thread title here was a joke about one of the most obscene buried ledes I've seen in a news article. I wish I could find the article. I think it was about the first covid deaths in the US after those outbreaks in 3 nursing homes and went at length about how everyone that died from covid had some co-morbidity. The majority of occupants have co-morbidities so it should be no surprise that most of the deaths are people with co-morbidities. But they lead this article by saying covid is killing people with co-morbidities and then at the end they just throw in "oh except for this guy who jogs every morning and was in perfect health, he died too." :eng99:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Batterypowered7 posted:

Sounds like the manga Liar Game (which apparently also got a live adaptation).

The Liar's Game show was extremely good, too. The "person forced to compete in elaborate death games that are trickier versions of common games and find clever ways to outthink the game's rules" story is a weirdly popular specific subgenre in Asian media.

Squid Game's writing is kind of average (and there's a lot of it that's specifically commentary about current issues in Korea), but the cinematography is exceptional.

Steadiman posted:

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1443932093474562050
I mean people are dying and losing their jobs but TGIF right?? Can't bully me, YOLO! It's wine-o-clock somewhere

Oh no. Please don't walk away, most useless pile of corrupt poo poo in the Senate. :geno: How will we ever cope without your not-doing-anything-helpful-for-anyone?

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Guze posted:

No one expects Senator "wine o clock" to have Democratic politics because she's bisexual they expect her to have Democratic politics because she ran as and was elected as a Democrat.

Really pretty simple if you aren't a DC brained imbecile

I think some people forget that you can be LGBT+ and also loving insane.

It's completely unrelated.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

https://twitter.com/jakeanbinder/status/1443680948025954306?s=21

:sickos:

Burns
May 10, 2008

Sinema was clearly bought by the Republicans.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Random Stranger posted:

The Liar's Game show was extremely good, too. The "person forced to compete in elaborate death games that are trickier versions of common games and find clever ways to outthink the game's rules" story is a weirdly popular specific subgenre in Asian media.

Musical chairs? Heh, can't lose if I just stack all the chairs and then sit on the only available spot :smug:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Steadiman posted:

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1443932093474562050
I mean people are dying and losing their jobs but TGIF right?? Can't bully me, YOLO! It's wine-o-clock somewhere

We should just leave her alone, guys. She's a triathlete, okay? She can just walk, then bike and then paraglide away at any time if you keep pushing her!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Burns posted:

Sinema was clearly bought by the Republicans.

I honestly think it’s dumber than that. She’s trying to appeal to Republican voters, who will never vote for her, because she still thinks AZ is a red state. It’s not, and it may be skipping past the “purple” stage straight to blue because the AZ GOP is getting too bugfuck crazy for its suburban voters.

Kelli Ward narrowly won her election for state party chair, and when her opponents credibly asked for a recount, she denied them. That’s not strange at all.

The fact that Gov Ducey won’t run for Senate in 2022 indicates that he believes it’s a lost cause.

I hate CNN and I hate their video player but watch this poo poo and tell me the Republican lady at the end doesn’t sound like a loving liar.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/10/01/sinema-arizona-constituent-reaction-lavandera-ac360-dnt-vpx.cnn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3980870

new thread i was gonna close it on 6969 but i was probed. rip