Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Finnish, Spaniard. Can’t tell them apart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

doverhog posted:

Not if you ask Hitler.

Oh right, I did forget that time where a shitload of finns fought alongside the nazis in a genocidal invasion and we all collectively decided to forget everything and call them heroes

The romanians who did the literal exact same thing were fascist cowards though, they deserved what they got

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
So I wasn’t really paying attention and I thought your post said Hungary and it didn’t but the joke doesn’t work with Romania so I’m still gonna say it but the difference is the Finns were finnished but the Romanians were Hungary for more

I yield the remainder of my time, Madam Speaker.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
The only real whites are the English.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I am extraordinarily blazed and I love posting. Come at me, suomi!

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
WASP is a dumb term because you can't be Anglo-Saxon without being White and ASP is perfectly good as a term of derision.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Doctor Spaceman posted:

WASP is a dumb term because you can't be Anglo-Saxon without being White and ASP is perfectly good as a term of derision.

But you can be white without being anglo-saxon, right?

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I don't believe that anyone who thinks "bless your heart" means "gently caress you" has ever actually heard someone say the phrase. It's got, ya know, layers. It's about as meaningful as someone saying "thank you, my friend."

Could be genuine, could be a sarcastic insult.

Thank you. I’m not sure when the internet decided this was a fun thing to start saying but, like everything the internet latches onto, the nuance was lost in translation.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
There should be a maximum age to hold political office, including judgeships.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I am literally the only person I've seen post bless your heart on these forums, where are other internet people posting it and loving it up?

I'm going to assume Twitter and say, stop looking at Twitter

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Gripweed posted:

I'd say retirement age. 59.5 and you're out.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
center cut bacon is better than standard bacon

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Gripweed posted:

I agree.
We do not live in a storybook reality in which old people are super wise wizards.
The brain deteriorates.
You will never truly understand your brain, and it will never understand you.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Gripweed posted:

center cut bacon is better than standard bacon

Gripweed is also not wrong about this.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

Ă°ÂŸÂ’Â€
No one over the age of 19 should get to rule

doverhog
May 31, 2013

The very idea of "rule" should be abolished, and all functions should be performed on the forest floor, like an animal.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The Mighty Moltres posted:

I agree.
We do not live in a storybook reality in which old people are super wise wizards.
The brain deteriorates.
You will never truly understand your brain, and it will never understand you.

Even beyond that, you can just fuckin die. John Lewis was a great man but he was 80 years old, he shouldn't have still been in Congress. And Ginsburg, she's literally 87 years old. Every month she gets a new exotic disease and every time people hold their breath to see if she'll manage to cling on to life long enough for a democrat to become president so she won't be replaced by a 27 year old evangelical who got banned from 4chan for being too racist.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Collapsing Farts posted:

No one over the age of 19 should get to rule

Counterpoint: anyone under 18 do not count as people.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

Ă°ÂŸÂ’Â€
We need robot overlords

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
We can’t even build robot cars that brake for black people

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

christmas boots posted:

We can’t even build robot cars that brake for black people

That's because we make them too complicated. The computer that runs society should be purely mechanical.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
One of these things, but the size of a city, with a mechanical mind far greater than our own, deciding who lives and who dies

doverhog
May 31, 2013

The mistake is in attempting to differentiate. Make cars that just run over anyone foolish enough to get in their way. Racism solved.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

doverhog posted:

The mistake is in attempting to differentiate. Make cars that just run over anyone foolish enough to get in their way. Racism solved.

Trains. Those are trains.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(Ă¢Â–Â°Ă‹Â˜vĂ‹Â˜Ă¢Â–Â°)
We should let trains govern us tbh

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Zzulu posted:

We should let trains govern us tbh

True

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Dragon Ball Z Abridged isn't funny, and it annoys me that the American DBZ fandom basically treats it like a sort of alternate alternate canon

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

As far as ugly people music goes, the Cars were always better than the Ramones. Look in your heart and you will see.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
I'm tired of nationalistic yogurts. Greek yogurt, Icelandic yogurt, they aren't as good as regular, old fashioned, borderless yogurt. And they cost way more.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

The Temple Of Doom is the best Indiana Jones movie.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Gripweed posted:

I'm tired of nationalistic yogurts. Greek yogurt, Icelandic yogurt, they aren't as good as regular, old fashioned, borderless yogurt. And they cost way more.

Strained yogurt is ok. I'm sure it could be a good fit for certain kinds of dishes, but it is kind of too thick to mix well with granola/muesli and fruit, and I prefer a runnier yogurt there.

The Trader Joe's 'European-Style' yogurt is pretty good. It's more sour and runny than normal yogurt.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
People who volunteer the fact that dolphins rape in a conversation not about that are weirdos.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
most nerd properties suck because people were given what they asked for

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Gripweed posted:

People who volunteer the fact that dolphins rape in a conversation not about that are weirdos.

Look, if I see a dolphin chatting up someone at the bar I'm going to let them know when he's in the bathroom.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
You know all those Italian preserved meats? Peperoni, gabagool, soppreseta, etc? Yeah, they're all the same thing. They're just shaped and colored differently. But they're made out of the same stuff and taste the same.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Yeah: delicious

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Gripweed posted:

You know all those Italian preserved meats? Peperoni, gabagool, soppreseta, etc? Yeah, they're all the same thing. They're just shaped and colored differently. But they're made out of the same stuff and taste the same.

On that note, Genoa salami and prosciutto both taste like how feet smell and they should cease to exist as food.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Mighty Moltres posted:

On that note, Genoa salami and prosciutto both taste like how feet smell and they should cease to exist as food.

I just smelled my foot and it smelled pretty much of nothing.

e: Also now my knee hurts because I'm not very limber.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Sounds like y’all don’t like meat. Can I interest you in some nuts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

oldpainless posted:

Sounds like y’all don’t like meat. Can I interest you in some nuts?

More like oldbrainless