Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Jerkface posted:

Tried the Adjudicator again and has anyone noticed the sights are off? Is this one of the "known issue" guns? I think its not that the sights are off actually but that its an inaccurate piece of poo poo. You can't give me a space G3 and then make it inaccurate on semi!! Crouching in FPS mode on semi auto and the shot goes anywhere except where my crosshair is at the time of aiming.

Sorry Space G3, back into the trash can you go.

I use the Adjudicator on single fire on 90% of missions and do not have this problem at all, the thing is dead accurate if a little high recoil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

I use the Adjudicator on single fire on 90% of missions and do not have this problem at all, the thing is dead accurate if a little high recoil

I tested it crouched at 100 meters on stationary landmarks and the shot goes to the left right or above where the center of the crosshair is when you pull the trigger. I will try to get shadowplay showing it off tomorrow. The recoil is intense so your x hair is not going to be anywhere close to the original shot but it feels like i was getting something like the recoil value on the first shot instead of a dead eye shot and recoil on the next.

Edit: and what made me investigate this was trying to headshot a broodcommander that was stationary but at elevation above me and aiming high forehead on it and the shots sailing over it, I was like wtf?

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 09:23 on May 12, 2024

Tommy the Newt
Mar 25, 2017

The king of the sand castle
I'm not sure, but I think I read something about the AMR sight problem being related to how the game applies recoil to your first shot when it shouldn't, rather than the sights being off? I can't find the discussion now but that sounds like what you're describing with the Adjudicator as well, the bullet goes where the gun will be pointing a split second after the trigger is pulled rather than where you're aiming. I am just pulling from memory so pinch of salt.

In the case of the HMG the sights are just physically misaligned in a very obvious way, but I think the others are a trickier fix due to arcane things about their engine I don't understand.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

LazyMaybe posted:

also I don't believe for a second that anyone saying DCS obsoletes AMR is actually headshotting devastators with it quickly+consistently enough for that to be true, it's so frequently the better play to just quickly dump 2 AMR/AC shots into their body instead of trying to hit their tiny little head hitbox

You can absolutely rip through Devastators by headshotting them all with a DCS. The DCS makes it very easy with it's fast handling, low recoil, and larger magazine size vs AMR. Super easy if you chuck a stun grenade at them. You can headshot an entire patrol before they recover. I've even pulled off a few patrol wipes with back-to-back headshots in the last few days with no stunning.

.Z. fucked around with this message at 09:54 on May 12, 2024

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Weapons and armor could use some extra stats or modifiers to differentiate them but i think the inclusion of a third enemy faction could open things up in unforeseen ways... Who can really say..

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Jerkface posted:

... it feels like i was getting something like the recoil value on the first shot instead of a dead eye shot and recoil on the next.

Tommy the Newt posted:

I'm not sure, but I think I read something about the AMR sight problem being related to how the game applies recoil to your first shot when it shouldn't, rather than the sights being off? I can't find the discussion now but that sounds like what you're describing with the Adjudicator as well, the bullet goes where the gun will be pointing a split second after the trigger is pulled rather than where you're aiming. I am just pulling from memory so pinch of salt.

Yeah, according to a dev, this exact thing is supposedly the root cause of the AMR's scope alignment issues, which, mind, were supposed to have been addressed in the last update but that isn't completely the case since the AMR still veers to the left and the HMG's sight is still just completely wrong. so it would not surprise me in the least if other weapons like the Adjudicator has similar problems.

novaSphere fucked around with this message at 09:35 on May 12, 2024

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

The adjudicator is reasonably well aligned at the 50m setting, shoots a little high.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Can't remember which rifle I was using, but it was firing bullets at the laser pointer dot and not the crosshair when aiming down sights.

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

God I wish the Scythe had a better sight.

https://imgur.com/60eJOb7

Infidelicious fucked around with this message at 11:33 on May 12, 2024

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

.Z. posted:

You can absolutely rip through Devastators by headshotting them all with a DCS. The DCS makes it very easy with it's fast handling, low recoil, and larger magazine size vs AMR. Super easy if you chuck a stun grenade at them. You can headshot an entire patrol before they recover. I've even pulled off a few patrol wipes with back-to-back headshots in the last few days with no stunning.

oh right my bad, I'll just headshot this rocket devastator real quick instead of bodyshotting him twice

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Rocket Devastators with the Star at its back. :argh:

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

LazyMaybe posted:

oh right my bad, I'll just headshot this rocket devastator real quick instead of bodyshotting him twice

On you for playing on botmire tbh.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

bandaid.friend posted:

I keep seeing people doing the thing where the throw strategems while diving and I'm pretty sure it doesn't do anything

I don't think it adds extra momentum. It basically let's you maintain sprint speed while you throw. There's a brief window from pressing the throw button where the player speed is unaffected before the character basically slows to a crawl. Diving allows you to maintain that speed and aim for a slightly longer period than without. Also it looks cool.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Jerkface posted:

Tried the Adjudicator again and has anyone noticed the sights are off? Is this one of the "known issue" guns? I think its not that the sights are off actually but that its an inaccurate piece of poo poo. You can't give me a space G3 and then make it inaccurate on semi!! Crouching in FPS mode on semi auto and the shot goes anywhere except where my crosshair is at the time of aiming.

Sorry Space G3, back into the trash can you go.

The Adjundicator is a piece of poo poo. It has medium armor piercing but piss poor damage, so maybe you can use it against bot infantry and that's about it. You need a few clips for a devastator, and you can litreally unload ALL the clips into weakspots for tanks and bot turrets and it does nothing.

Edit: if you guys worry about recoil for stuff, get the recoil reduction armor and crouch or laydown to drastically reduce recoil. Doesn't change the fact it's a piece of poo poo.

Unless you plan on restricting your shots to headshots only on devastators.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 11:21 on May 12, 2024

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

SugarAddict posted:

The Adjundicator is a piece of poo poo. It has medium armor piercing but piss poor damage, so maybe you can use it against bot infantry and that's about it. You need a few clips for a devastator, and you can litreally unload ALL the clips into weakspots for tanks and bot turrets and it does nothing.

Edit: if you guys worry about recoil for stuff, get the recoil reduction armor and crouch or laydown to drastically reduce recoil. Doesn't change the fact it's a piece of poo poo.

Unless you plan on restricting your shots to headshots only on devastators.

It's better vs. bugs because they have more AV2 enemies.

But yeah, ideally you do restrict your shots to only headshots on devastators because every gun but the Dominator takes an entire mag to kill one without headshots.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I've been enjoying the new incend-impact grenades from the warbond. They have done me very solid versus bots so far to break up devastator squads and hordes of little guys by killing them with patched fire.

Tommy the Newt
Mar 25, 2017

The king of the sand castle

bandaid.friend posted:

I keep seeing people doing the thing where the throw strategems while diving and I'm pretty sure it doesn't do anything

Yeah it doesn't. Throw range is 50m across flat ground without the armour buff, this is the same from a standing position. There's no inherited velocity at all. I think it's confirmation bias because if you dive you will probably throw the pokeball further, by the length you'd dove'ded before release, but the same thing could be achieved by just running.

Having a very consistent throw range is useful, tap Q to range-find 50m, lob up at 45° and you'll land exactly where you're aiming, assuming it's reasonably flat.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Infidelicious posted:

It's better vs. bugs because they have more AV2 enemies.

But yeah, ideally you do restrict your shots to only headshots on devastators because every gun but the Dominator takes an entire mag to kill one without headshots.
The real secret with med AP weapons versus Devastators (assuming you can't land the headshots) is to unload into a leg, as you'll do full damage to it (light AP does half) and kill it much faster than going for the torso.

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Insert name here posted:

The real secret with med AP weapons versus Devastators (assuming you can't land the headshots) is to unload into a leg, as you'll do full damage to it (light AP does half) and kill it much faster than going for the torso.

yeah, this is a good trick if the terrain allows it.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
The Adjudicator is a hair high at 100m. It's not quite the AMR sight, then or now.

https://i.imgur.com/V9ZoiQU.mp4

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Infidelicious posted:

God I wish the Scythe had a better sight.

https://imgur.com/60eJOb7

Extremely hosed that it has the red dot and the sickle has the scope

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

turn off the TV posted:

Extremely hosed that it has the red dot and the sickle has the scope

Honestly the rifle red dots are wayyyyy too big and it makes no sense from a gameplay or gun sperg perspective; the pistol ones are nice and don't completely obscure your target; and realistically the further the sight is from your face the bigger the dot gets, so they've got it backwards.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

This thread is full of people commenting about how things don't seem to be tested before release and/or don't make any sense balance-wise, even within a page or two of my post. Somehow this triggered you to go through my post history? That's... interesting. But how in the world you are trying to tie the two posts I made months apart as somehow related is downright creepy. :(

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

In the past 24 hours I have encountered the most toxic players (TK'ing for pressing extract, taking more than 1 supply, taking support weapons, etc.), who let all the mean nerds into my nice bug/bot shooting game?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Infidelicious posted:

On you for playing on botmire tbh.

Botmire :laugh: jokes aside walking into knife fighting range of 2 hulks before you see them is kinda metal

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

In the past 24 hours I have encountered the most toxic players (TK'ing for pressing extract, taking more than 1 supply, taking support weapons, etc.), who let all the mean nerds into my nice bug/bot shooting game?
You might want to host your own game if that happens to you frequently. I’ve only had maybe 5 bad experiences since launch.

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 15:12 on May 12, 2024

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
This game really needs a gun that is absurdly powerful but ragdolls you and maybe breaks your limbs every time you fire it.

Unlimited ammo, too, the stimpack requiremwnt for continous fire would be enough.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

GlyphGryph posted:

This game really needs a gun that is absurdly powerful but ragdolls you and maybe breaks your limbs every time you fire it.

Unlimited ammo, too, the stimpack requiremwnt for continous fire would be enough.

Just add rocket jumping.

In fact, just add all the TF2 classes

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Does the HMG kill hulks? Interesting.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Dren posted:

Hulks had their resistance to stuns increased. They can still be killed with the arc but you have to do the thing where you fire the second shot before fully charging it.

I don’t think this is accurate. They got rid of the quick charge shot when they nerfed the range on arc thrower, it was a pretty substantial nerf to its overall damage dealing ability. The stun was nice but now after the hulk stagger change it doesn’t seem like you can stun lock hulks reliably enough to prevent them from attacking, which was really important since it’s unreliable to get the eye-arcs and you need to be engaging at <35m now. I used to play arc thrower almost every bot game but I don’t think it’s really worth taking now, the ability to CC hulks was a pretty big part of its value against bots.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Insert name here posted:

Finally got to try out the new pistol. Verdict: it's alright

It's basically a side-grade to the default pistol, and as a default pistol enjoyer (a group that, as far as I can tell, consists solely of me)

There are dozens of us!

The Peacekeeper just feels great. The fire rate is so fun in a secondary, and even useful for when you get overrun!

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

I've noticed this too. I wouldn't mind it so much but when you get kicked the offenders don't appear in your recent players tab so you can't block them.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

GlyphGryph posted:

make the railgun fire a projectile that one hit kills a bile titan if you charge it to the point that it explodes tbh

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Apple Craft posted:

This thread is full of people commenting about how things don't seem to be tested before release and/or don't make any sense balance-wise, even within a page or two of my post. Somehow this triggered you to go through my post history? That's... interesting. But how in the world you are trying to tie the two posts I made months apart as somehow related is downright creepy. :(

in the first post quoted you were complaining that a PTS being released (which there has been no announcement or even rumors of afaik) was bad because people paid for the game. therefore... ?

in the second post quoted you spoke about how you spent money you didn't have to on this game while spouting in-game fascist catchphrases in all caps

this is ironic and therefore amusing because of the contrast of these incompatible statements

candide
Jun 16, 2002

The Tipping Point
I want a stim pistol so I can make my fellow helldivers feel good from a distance

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Chocobo posted:

yea, if you are close enough you can blow out the eye port with a decent amount of shots. pairing the HMG with stun grenades is what will enable this way more. the issue I find, the recoil/spread on it is too much (even when crouched), the mag is too small, it doesn't have enough punch per shot to make up for the previous issues. frequent 5 second stationary reloads is pretty yuck. the HMG is a little too awkward for a bunch of small reasons. if you want a support weapon that kills devastators and hulks quickly with less jank, just bring an AMR. the new 3rd person sight has helped the HMG but not enough

Zmej fucked around with this message at 16:52 on May 12, 2024

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Chocobo posted:

HMG's niche is that it can kill ANY enemy unit if you can get to a weak point, and fairly rapidly, Factory strider and bile titans can be downed if you get into the underbelly or eye/mouth weakpoints on them. Difficulty is controlling it to actually do so.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
For any new players: The laser cannon is really good vs bots if you are good at hitting their crit spots.

Super easy to use weapon too.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

turn off the TV posted:

make the railgun fire a projectile that one hit kills a bile titan if you charge it to the point that it explodes tbh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifKB4tH3wEE&t=48s

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

causticBeet posted:

I don’t think this is accurate. They got rid of the quick charge shot when they nerfed the range on arc thrower, it was a pretty substantial nerf to its overall damage dealing ability. The stun was nice but now after the hulk stagger change it doesn’t seem like you can stun lock hulks reliably enough to prevent them from attacking, which was really important since it’s unreliable to get the eye-arcs and you need to be engaging at <35m now. I used to play arc thrower almost every bot game but I don’t think it’s really worth taking now, the ability to CC hulks was a pretty big part of its value against bots.

Since the arc thrower nerf it is still possible to fire subsequent shots a bit faster than full charge. It’s more charge time than it used to be but less than a full charge, and it can still take care of hulks. Hit the ADS button and watch the crosshairs come together for the arc, you can figure out exactly how close to “full” you need to get. The timing window on stunlocking a Hulk is tight but it can be done.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

yeah I used to use the arc thrower on bot missions before but after the hulk buff it just doesn’t do anything sadly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Hulk dueling was my fave thing to do :( It ruled to get well within flamethrower range and lock em down