Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

When I talk about the doomed, the scum, the people who no longer give a shit...When I talk about the filth of the city...I'm talking about you.

Big Willy Style posted:

Wes is a raging fuckwit.

Straight up all you need to know mang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe
Is there a legal download for the SoB white dwarf codex?

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Naramyth posted:

Just suck it up and buy the Aegis Defense line for your Hydras. You get some terrain and a turret you can throw on a chimera hull.

Hell no, if I'm dropping $30 on an ADL I'm keeping that Quad-Gun as-is. I've seen a hundred Hydras made out of Quad-Gun conversions and they are all fugly. It's cheaper, easier, and better to get some Russian resin bullshit knockoff (not counterfeit, mind you) "anti air flak" turret for a Chimera tbqh

SRM posted:

I doubt the different army starter rumor.

I did too but then I realized that there are two distinct rule sheets there in the Chinese leak: one for each starter, each with their own weapon profiles and such so I'm kind of worried now. It's a super dumb idea, the point of starters is to have a battle-in-a-box so you can buy a starter set and have a game with a friend within an hour.

Box wine
Apr 6, 2005

ah crap

Cataphract posted:

Is there a legal download for the SoB white dwarf codex?

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1050291a_Codex__Witch_Hunters

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

So you can premeasure anytime? I can measure to see if one unit of gaunts is in rapid fire range, and not shoot at them when I found out they are not?

Direct quote from the rulebook "You can always check any distance at any time".

cat with hands
Mar 14, 2006

When I shit I like to scream "WORSHIP THE GOD EMPEROR ON HIS GOLDEN THRONE." Mom hates it.

Phyresis posted:

I did too but then I realized that there are two distinct rule sheets there in the Chinese leak: one for each starter, each with their own weapon profiles and such so I'm kind of worried now. It's a super dumb idea, the point of starters is to have a battle-in-a-box so you can buy a starter set and have a game with a friend within an hour.

Maybe it's because each player can then have their own summary sheet when playing?

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

cat with hands posted:

Maybe it's because each player can then have their own summary sheet when playing?

Yeah, that's always possible. I'm just saying, if there was any overlap between the army entries at all, even if there was only one heading at the top of one page and the footing was on the 2nd page or something, we'd have pretty definitive proof that there was only one starter set. Now there's a window of doubt in my mind :(

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

twistedmentat posted:

So you can premeasure anytime? I can measure to see if one unit of gaunts is in rapid fire range, and not shoot at them when I found out they are not?

Yep. It took 38,000 years but mankind finally recovered the technology to measure the distance to a target. I was starting to worry that the agent who came to measure up the rooms in my house had more sophisticated equipment than a Space Marine who needed to guess if he was too far from a target.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

That's from 2003... 3rd edition codex... I'm looking for the one from 2011 white dwarf

not lame!
May 9, 2006
STYLE!
Where is the best place for a UK goon to get a carry-case for an army, I'm sure there are better ones than what GW do?

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

KR are UK based and do some awesome cases, as lots of people here can attest to.

Their website (found here) can be a little confusing when filling the trays but you can email them with what you have and they can provide the best options.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phyresis posted:

Yeah, that's always possible. I'm just saying, if there was any overlap between the army entries at all, even if there was only one heading at the top of one page and the footing was on the 2nd page or something, we'd have pretty definitive proof that there was only one starter set. Now there's a window of doubt in my mind :(

You worry too much ;)

(I wanted the image of Skip reclining back but google wasn't being helpful :()

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...
Question: If I'm playing Draigowing, a > 2000pt game, and I take a 2nd FOC so I can get a 2nd Librarian, are Paladins unlocked as troops in the 2nd FOC as well as the first? Or is it just the FOC that Draigo is a part of?

In unrelated news, Deviant is a pretty cool dude.

Box wine
Apr 6, 2005

ah crap

Cataphract posted:

That's from 2003... 3rd edition codex... I'm looking for the one from 2011 white dwarf

Sorry bout that. Brain farted on the whole white dwarf part. No, don't think there's any actual way to get a hold of it now.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
I can't help but feel that GW is subtly trolling themselves by including novels with the "all this army's products" list on their site.

For example, the Necron ones are
Dead men Walking
Fall of Damnos
Ciaphas Cain: Defender of the Imperium
Fear the Alien

The bottom two are collections and 90% of them isn't about Necrons while Dead Men Walking is about Forgeworld's bestselling guard regiment, the Death Korps of Krieg, being portrayed as being completely useless at anything other then getting their own people pointlessly killed while the Necrons sit in background doing nothing of note.

The only one that actually focusses on the army they're trying to sell with it is Fall of Damnos, in which the Necrons are shown as having spent the last 60 million years pumping concentrated Stupid into their metal skulls, to the point where they walk off cliffs, into walls and forget what they are holding in their hands.

Over at the Ork side, Fear the Alien shows up again, with 3 different Marine novels.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

not lame! posted:

Where is the best place for a UK goon to get a carry-case for an army, I'm sure there are better ones than what GW do?

KR have an eBay store as well, there are many sellers doing a variety of their cases. I have 3 now and love them. They're about £23 (for the basic, 144-model version) and up with postage. If you do Space Marine and some of the other armies there are cases with pre-cut inserts for the various vehicles too.

cat with hands
Mar 14, 2006

When I shit I like to scream "WORSHIP THE GOD EMPEROR ON HIS GOLDEN THRONE." Mom hates it.

Are dakkajets still the best ork flier?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

cat with hands posted:

Are dakkajets still the best ork flier?

Yes, especially with the lack of alternative means of countering fliers.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains

Cataphract posted:

There isn't a legal way to get the list at all, so I don't think anyone is going to frown on :filez: considering its not possible to get it legally anymore outside of being lucky and having someone list the issues on ebay.

PM me your email address. :ssh:

Miles O'Brian fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Jul 5, 2012

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Miles O'Brian posted:

There isn't a legal way to get the list at all, so I don't think anyone is going to frown on :filez: considering its not possible to get it legally anymore outside of being lucky and having someone list the issues on ebay.

Pm away!

Man it seems pretty retarded for GW not to have a PDF at this moment when everyone is going crazy for allies.

I don't want a whole army but an exorcist, some gals and a cannoness Is nice.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

PeterWeller posted:

There might be a chosen and the dread Waldo'd away in the rulebook. In the big Chaos v Imperials foldout, there's a very modern looking chaos dread leading the landraider column up the road. And on page 296, there's a zerker squad led by a model I don't recognize.

I may be wrong, but the dreadnoughts just look like ForgeWorld ones. The beserker champion is definitely an existing model though, he's one of three khorne beserker champions that GW has still in metal, I think. Pretty sure they aren't finecast yet. I think they came out before the current Chaos codex, but they haven't really been in any publications of note, hence how they look out of place.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
From last thread:

Moola posted:

Battlesuits have a similar stat line to MEQs. So you could use marines with jump packs and say, a plasma gun in each hand, as count as XV8s.

Terminators would make pretty cool XV88s with a little conversion work. Again, a gun in each hand and a cyclone missile launcher would be neat.

Crazy count as allies conversions are the most exciting aspect of 6th for me.

I've been thinking about this for a little, and here's what I'd do:

code:
Selections:

+ HQ + (325pts)

* Commander (325pts) 
        Iridium Armour, Plasma Rifle, Plasma Rifle - TL, Shas'o, Shield Generator
        * Hard-Wired Drone Controller
            2x Shield Drone
        * XV8 'Crisis' Battlesuit Bodyguard Team
            * Shas'Vre
                Plasma Rifle, Plasma Rifle - TL, Targetting Array
            * Shas'Vre
                Plasma Rifle, Plasma Rifle - TL, Targetting Array

+ Elites + (195pts)

* XV8 'Crisis' Battlesuit Team (195pts) 
        * Shas'ui
            Plasma Rifle, Plasma Rifle Twin-Linked, Targetting Array
        * Shas'ui
        * Shas'ui

+ Troops + (120pts)

* Fire Warrior Team (120pts) 
        12x Pulse Rifle, 12x Shas'la

+ Heavy Support + (305pts)

* XV88 Broadside Battlesuit Team (305pts) 
        * Shas'Ui
            Shield Generator, Smart Missile System
        * Shas'Ui
        * Shas'Ui
        * Team Leader
            * Hard-Wired Drone Controller
                2x Shield Drone

There'd be two ways to model this:

1) Some sort of chassis for the terminator-modelled Shas'o and the power-armor-modelled Shas'vre and Shas'ui XV8s to ride on.

2) Using PAGK interceptor backpacks on the power armored XV8s, model them with a plasma gun that's gubbinsed somehow to change it from 7/2/gets hot to 6/2. I have no loving clue what to do for the terminator Shas'o.

The broadsides would be terminators with cyclones and somehow slap railguns on their arms built in to the arms, and the shield drones would be servo-skulls or something along the lines of that.

e: The Shas'las are green-stuffed Cadians (adding some armor to change 5+ to 4+, or might just buy some Elysians as standins) with god-knows-what as pulse rifles (maybe the bullpup lasguns?) babysitting a quad gun emplacement.

WhiskeyJuvenile fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jul 5, 2012

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Cataphract posted:

Pm away!

Man it seems pretty retarded for GW not to have a PDF at this moment when everyone is going crazy for allies.

I can't understand why someone would take SoB allies and not take Saint Celestine. 115 points of pure badass.

Edit:

Baruch Obamawitz posted:

Super cool list stuffs.

This looks pretty good, might steal some of this but shrink it down for a 750 point list with Space Marine battle bros.

So I guess twin-linked plasma rifles are superior to rifle+missile pod now?

Moola fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jul 5, 2012

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Cataphract posted:

Pm away!

Moola posted:

I can't understand why someone would take SoB allies and not take Saint Celestine. 115 points of pure badass.

If you don't take Celestine YOU ARE PLAYING WRONG.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

Celestine got a buff in 6th too. 2+ save and can use her Heavy Flamer sword on Overwatch. Also, not only can she can benefit from the Hit and Run of the Seraphim, you also use her initiative of 7(!) when rolling.

Fall back in your opponents turn, pop a faith point, hit them with 5 templates (rerolling wounds) and then charge back in again. Nasty stuff.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Miles O'Brian posted:

Celestine got a buff in 6th too. 2+ save and can use her Heavy Flamer sword on Overwatch. Also, not only can she can benefit from the Hit and Run of the Seraphim, you also use her initiative of 7(!) when rolling.

Fall back in your opponents turn, pop a faith point, hit them with 5 templates (rerolling wounds) and then charge back in again. Nasty stuff.

:stare: Holy loving poo poo.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Miles O'Brian posted:

Speaking of rule sets from White Dwarf. I checked the last thread but came up empty. Can someone point me to the Flyer rules that were scanned? Thanks.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Apparently someone noticed that Mega Armored Nobz are no longer available for sale on the GW website. Rumors are that a plastic kit will be coming out.

My poor wallet.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Deviant posted:

If you don't take Celestine YOU ARE PLAYING WRONG.

Dont look at me. I haven't read the book yet!! Oh good I've embarassed myself on the Internet... AGAIN

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Indolent Bastard posted:

Speaking of rule sets from White Dwarf. I checked the last thread but came up empty. Can someone point me to the Flyer rules that were scanned? Thanks.

I sent you a PM.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Moola posted:

This looks pretty good, might steal some of this but shrink it down for a 750 point list with Space Marine battle bros.

So I guess twin-linked plasma rifles are superior to rifle+missile pod now?

I have no idea.

e: Dropping the Commander's guard brings it to under 750.

e2: Switching to missile pod/plasma rifle means just one hand is a stubbed-down autocannon, the other hand is a plasma gun.

WhiskeyJuvenile fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jul 5, 2012

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Apparently someone noticed that Mega Armored Nobz are no longer available for sale on the GW website. Rumors are that a plastic kit will be coming out.

My poor wallet.

I hope this is true, mega-armoured Nobs (and some Big Gunz, incidentally) are like the last units missing from my Ork collection. I always sort of assumed they would get redone someday and I would pick them up then, but 6th edition had me pricing up a unit. I was even checking the Forgeworld website for the grot artillery.

Probably gonna be re-released in Finecast. :negative:

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

My money's on a box of three in Finecast for £30-35, similar to what they did with Kroxigor and Treekin in Fantasy.

Edit: Scratch that, they're on this list as Finecast at $22.25: http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2012/06/breaking-6th-edition-prices-and-items.html

Fuegan fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jul 5, 2012

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

My poor wallet.

30 dollar apiece finecast versions.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just realized that it'd probably be easier to model my Tau Space Marines as Chaos, as I can just give them wings to represent the jump packs, and I know that there are easy autocannon options for CSM.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Dominion posted:

30 dollar apiece finecast versions.

Look, let me dream okay?

I was thinking of making grot Imperial guardsmen as an allied detachment for my orks. Can I get away with having a priest as my sole HQ choice, or does the HQ selection have to fill up an HQ slot? I was thinking a priest with an eviscerator (Blood Bown grot w/ Chainsaw), a veteran squad (meltagrots) riding in a looted Vendetta, and a Manticore. All crewed by grots.

Total points: 430

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Baruch Obamawitz posted:

I just realized that it'd probably be easier to model my Tau Space Marines as Chaos, as I can just give them wings to represent the jump packs, and I know that there are easy autocannon options for CSM.

Using Raptors as Stealth Suits would also look pretty good.

e; Cultists/Traitor Guard as Kroot too.

Moola fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jul 5, 2012

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Miles O'Brian posted:

Probably gonna be re-released in Finecast. :negative:

I'd just like to take a moment to reflect on the fact that after over a year of mass production Finecast is still, on average, not fit for sale. And nowhere near the finish quality of the old pewter miniatures.

Thanks GW.

Limp Wristed Limey
Sep 7, 2010

by Lowtax

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

I'd just like to take a moment to reflect on the fact that after over a year of mass production Finecast is still, on average, not fit for sale. And nowhere near the finish quality of the old pewter miniatures.

Thanks GW.

I constantly look through blisters of finecast models and i have yet to find any mini i would buy. I can live with clearing flash but i aint fixing the bubbles on there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Someone recommend me tall-ish urban/tech scenic bases I could use for my Seraphim!

So far these are my winners, but I wish they were taller:

http://www.thewarstore.com/product47857.html - Ruins
http://www.thewarstore.com/product47974.html - Winter Shale
http://www.thewarstore.com/product67526.html - Urban Fight

Built one of these and posted it before, I'm okay with this style, but if possible, I'd like something 'tall' I can put jump infantry onto that's more 'tech' or 'city'.

This base is just gravel from outside and basing dirt. I like how it came out, I just wasn't all about stone/mountain/whatever.

Deviant fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jul 5, 2012

• Locked thread