Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monkey Hat
Jul 22, 2007

It's all the rage.
Hot: Chai tea (there's a little mom & pop coffee shop here that makes it perfect!)
Cold: Arnold Palmer, all day, every day. Or a good root beer, like Virgil's. A distant third is an icy cold strawberry lemonade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer

Tazzillekki posted:

I don't know if this is cheating, but I love me some strawberry flavored non-alcoholic Holsten beer. :haw:

Definitely legit. :)

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

My all time favorite is spiced chai, mixed with honey and milk. It's the perfect way to start the day. You can make it yourself with the following:
Any black tea
Cloves
Cinnamon
Cardamom
Black pepper
Ginger

Enjoy!

modernwinglish
Dec 28, 2012

I'll squawk the world and molt with you
GT's Kombucha. I'm not sure if it counts because it's a tiny bit alcoholic because of the fermentation process, but it certainly isn't something you'd pick up if you wanted to get crunk. Apparently some bottles were over the 0.5% alcohol content limit so it was off the shelves for awhile and has been reformulated (it's not as good). You can get the original formula in some states, but surprisingly, not Wisconsin.

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer

modernwinglish posted:

Apparently some bottles were over the 0.5% alcohol content limit so it was off the shelves for awhile and has been reformulated (it's not as good).

I've seen de-alcoholized beer with 0.5% content, so it's all right. ;)

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

modernwinglish posted:

GT's Kombucha. I'm not sure if it counts because it's a tiny bit alcoholic because of the fermentation process, but it certainly isn't something you'd pick up if you wanted to get crunk. Apparently some bottles were over the 0.5% alcohol content limit so it was off the shelves for awhile and has been reformulated (it's not as good). You can get the original formula in some states, but surprisingly, not Wisconsin.

I bought a bottle of this that was filled with chia seeds and algae. It was pretty loving weird stuff but I suppose it was a better way to hydrate after a good run than coconut water or iced tea. Tasted decent too. I'll never be able to drink it in public without feeling ashamed of myself since it's the most disgustingly hippie drink ever but eh.

bustercasey
Apr 9, 2012
Gary’s Answer

Pretty Pretty Pony posted:

I didn't know about all that. Just did some googling and it looks like Bolthouse made amends.

Well, in addition, they should make him watch all of Glee.:gay:

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I love tuna fish and field mouse pudding.
Found my new favorite drink

Rose Ginger Lemonade! Carbonated!

Edit: It's empty because I drank it.

Tulip Candy has a new favorite as of 23:07 on Jun 24, 2013

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer
For the first time in many years, I was able to try Fruit Juicy Red Hawaiian Punch again.

It's not the best tasting drink I've ever had (a fairly normal fruit punch, with the pineapple coming to the front), but it's certainly the most addictive. The drink's texture is one-of-a-kind, likely the result of the stabilizers on the ingredient list (acacia gum, pectin, ester gum). It's like plastic turned into water. Silky smooth, with a refreshing aftertaste a bit like cold well water (even when it's warm, although not as potent).

I simply cannot stop! :D

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

TerminalSaint posted:

Clearly Canadian. Haven't seen it it years, but I loved it too.

Oh, God, this!

I haven't seen it ANYWHERE lately, and the cherry version was my favorite drink ever! I haven't found a flavored water as good anywhere else.

When I was a kid, Yoohoo was my favorite thing on Earth.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

DicktheCat posted:

flavored water

When you really get down to it, doesn't this describe all drinks?

Honey Badger
Jan 5, 2012

^^^ Like this, but its your mouth, and shit comes out of it.

"edit: Oh neat, babby's first avatar. Kind of a convoluted metaphor but eh..."

No, shit is actually extruding out of your mouth, and your'e a pathetic dick, shut the fuck up.
I have an admittedly unhealthy love of sugar-free Rockstar energy drinks. Used to drink the sugary ones, so it's better than that I guess, but I'm sure I'll still end up crapping out my kidneys somewhere down the line.

It's funny because I initially hated the taste, but it's grown on me a lot. I mostly drink it because I love the burning sensation. Alcohol does that for me too of course, but I also hate the taste of all alcohol aside from beer (I think I have some long-lasting aversion to it from being really, horrendously hung over as a teenager) so it gives me a way to get that burn without wanting to puke and without getting shitfaced.

I also used to love this energy drink called Element, that came in aluminum bottles. It had awesome flavors like dragonfruit and cactus juice. Apparently it's still being produced, but I haven't seen any in like 10 years and I have no idea where it's being distributed. Always hoped I'd find some online that I could order but no luck so far.

Finally, there was this drink I used to see as a kid in the PX all the time that I always wanted to try but never did. It was like a clear, carbonated liquid with little colored spheres in it that looked almost plastic, although I'm sure they weren't. Haven't seen any more of those since then, either. Anyone know what I'm talking about? For all I know it could have been some kind of alcohol, but I don't think it was.

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Diamonds aren't the only things that are forever.

Honey Badger posted:

Finally, there was this drink I used to see as a kid in the PX all the time that I always wanted to try but never did. It was like a clear, carbonated liquid with little colored spheres in it that looked almost plastic, although I'm sure they weren't. Haven't seen any more of those since then, either. Anyone know what I'm talking about? For all I know it could have been some kind of alcohol, but I don't think it was.

Orbitz? It didn't last long, but I remember seeing it as a kid.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
Ah. That's what happened to Clearly Canadian.

Honey Badger
Jan 5, 2012

^^^ Like this, but its your mouth, and shit comes out of it.

"edit: Oh neat, babby's first avatar. Kind of a convoluted metaphor but eh..."

No, shit is actually extruding out of your mouth, and your'e a pathetic dick, shut the fuck up.

Carbon Thief posted:

Orbitz? It didn't last long, but I remember seeing it as a kid.

Hah, that's it. drat, it looks pretty interesting, I want to know what that texture what feel like.

Sucks that all my favorite drinks are gone now. I read Elements came back in 2003 after Snapple got bought up, but I don't think they are still around after all. They were legitimately some of the best-tasting beverages I've ever come across. Cactus juice and dragonfruit are awesome flavors that don't seem to pop up anywhere else.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Motherfucking root beer. Barq's if I need some caffeine, otherwise its A&W. I only drink soda like 4 times a year these days, and that is my go-to.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

TerminalSaint posted:

Ah. That's what happened to Clearly Canadian.

I'm missing it. What do you mean?

Honey Badger posted:

Hah, that's it. drat, it looks pretty interesting, I want to know what that texture what feel like.

Thick. Slimy. Gross.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

DicktheCat posted:

I'm missing it. What do you mean?

Poor business decisions.

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer
As far as I know, the Clearly Canadian company is still around, but they only release the drink in limited quantities once in a while.

Strange doings.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Wawa Iced Tea Lemonade, delicious.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger
:ninja: edit: Just looked at the OP again and realized this post would have broken the thread rules, sorry :sweatdrop:

Pizza Dude
Feb 22, 2011
I literally get withdrawal when I don't drink enough Diet Pepsi.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
I love a tall, frosty glass of Coke. I can abide Pepsi, or even generic store brand cola, but Coke is tops in my book.

If I remember to get milk, I also like a nice glass of chocolate milk, because I'm a grown-up and can have it whenever I want now. :colbert:

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Irn Bru. It got sold here in Norway one Summer, before they took it away. I got addicted to it that Summer, and it's been hell ever since.
Also Urge (the Norwegian equivalente of the discontinued Surge, which lives happily here in Norway), Coca-Cola (made with real sugar, not that nasty corn syrup), Dark Dog (my favourite energy drink), Fluxsoda (a Norwegian more or less discontinued soda), Oskar Syltes pærebrus (pear soda, really fuckin' awesome, was more or less discontinued for a while, but it came back, yay!), and some tea I picked up at a Lucky when I visited Berkeley 3 years ago. Choice Organic Chamomile Spearmint tea. Can't find anything like it here in Norway, and I can't find any shop that ships over the pond.

When I was a youth, I loved mixing Fanta and Coke, 50/50. These days I can't stand it.

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer
That nutty Clearly Canadian company is planning a full-scale relaunch of the original product!

The initial stages involve a fan video campaign. See the links for more details:

http://www.clearlycanadian.com/
https://www.facebook.com/ClearlyCanadian

Hope it works out! That stuff is a part of my genetic code... ;)

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Tea, clearly, all this sweet shite looks bloody awful.

:britain:

Honorary mention to black coffee.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Chai tea with a ton of milk and honey, and eggnog. Eggnog is amazing and I just realized it's eggnog season! Yay.

Death of Rats
Oct 2, 2005

SQUEAK

Spuckuk posted:

Honorary mention to black coffee.

Correct answer.

Although this summer I discovered that if I had constant access to a Coke dispenser and an ice machine, I'd be one fat bastard. (Glass bottles are an acceptable substitute, but plastic bottles and cans just aren't as good). Not least, my car doesn't have air conditioning, so while it was unseasonably warm in good old Blighty (a whole 25 degrees :aaa:), a McDonalds bucket of coke was a very decent substitute.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

That loving Sned posted:

Copella Apple Juice. The finest apple juice known to mankind. There is nothing more refreshing than to chug a bottle after a workout.

May I present to you the essence of pure apple, the fruit of the forbidden tree, the apple-shaped bottle of delicious Martinelli's Apple Juice:

It tastes like pure heavan, which just the right blend of apples to give it that all around taste. They even make a sparkling variation, which is 100 times as pleasant, as it tickles your nose with every sip.

Yes my friends, drink your apple a day.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I'm that weirdo who prefers unflavored water above all else, in a totally unpretentious way. I just like the refreshment over taste when I'm thirsty. But I feel like a heel ordering it at restaurants because I just know they think I'm a cheapskate. I try to tip nice to offset this.

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer

MageMage posted:

delicious Martinelli's Apple Juice:

It tastes like pure heavan, which just the right blend of apples to give it that all around taste. They even make a sparkling variation, which is 100 times as pleasant, as it tickles your nose with every sip.

My family has had the sparkling variety with every holiday supper for years. Lovely. :)

It's available in many other flavours as well.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Me, I pine for my lost lenore of drinks. The successor to Surge. The Veritable Vault. That great green gustatory gulp got me through my first year of university. I miss it so much.

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

Brew 2X Lipton bags in cup. Pour cup into pitcher and fill with water. Throughout day pour tea from pitcher into glass of ice and add a splash of lemonade. I drink this more than anything else.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Shrapnac posted:

Oh my god, this and that fake rear end Orange Drink were so good. I miss Wawa so much. :(

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

Apple Cider, as fresh from the press as you can get it. I drink that stuff by the gallon in fall. Expensive at times, but so worth it.

On a side note, I've found a way for those of us outside of New England to enjoy something very close to the taste of Moxie: Pour one can of Coke into a glass. Add a few dashes of Angostura bitters. Stir and enjoy. Angostura is made primarily from gentian root, which is what gives Moxie its unique flavor. Granted, this adds a negligible amount of alcohol to your drink, but not nearly enough to count as an alcoholic drink.

iota subscript
Oct 26, 2010

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! OFFERS 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE TO ANY LIBERAL - ONE SA MEMBER STARTS TO ACCEPT, THEN BACKS OUT AND WETS PANTS AFTER LEARNING IRONKNUCKLE HAS DEBATED ON TELEVISION BEFORE! READ HERE

Spuckuk posted:

This, in a tall glass full of ice.

:fsmug:

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Shrapnac posted:

Blackberry tea owns bones, but they don't sell it in half-gallons so you can't get the best possible combination of the 3 for 5 special.

VVV Ffft, look at mister fancy-pants here.

Obligatory Toast has a new favorite as of 05:36 on Oct 26, 2013

James Hardon
May 31, 2006
Water.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Arrath posted:

Motherfucking root beer. Barq's if I need some caffeine, otherwise its A&W. I only drink soda like 4 times a year these days, and that is my go-to.

Sup root beer buddy. I actually like Barq's a little better, because of the more bitter taste.

(Iced) (Cream and Sugar) Coffee is a very close second though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
Bubble tea is amazing when it's made right. There was this awesome bubble tea shop right by my high school, creamy drinks and tangy drinks were offered and there was a wide variety of both. I preferred creamy and my favourite flavours were the Cute Salad (honeydew, pineapple and banana), the First Kiss (strawberry, watermelon and vanilla) and the Pineapple Express (coconut, banana and pineapple). They were rich as hell, but they were still one of the most delicious drinks I've ever had. I'd go to that place around once a week.

I'm referring to this in the past tense because it's closing down on Sunday. :smith:

• Locked thread