Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Traptrix, there's something really fun about keep dropping all your opponent's monsters on holes with innocent-looking 'girls' :v:

Shame they're kind of weak though.

While old, Aliens are another of my favorite decks thanks to their unique counter mechanic but they're more geared to control so not so fun for my opponent.

And of course Noble Knights, with the queen you can really play them geared to teamplay.

Traptrix are going to be pretty great with the new member from PRIO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Senerio posted:

Any of y'all using any recent deck archetypes that are a lot of fun?

:3:

This was basically the only deck I found that lets you efficiently use Red Eyes Darkness Dragon. Beyond the giant Red-Eyes Darkness beater it shits out rank 7 & 6 XYZ and lvl 10 & 11 synchros like crazy. Really fun but also really gimmicky, it's all in or nothing.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I'm a giant nerd so I use the Gradius-themed spaceships. They're surprisingly tough when you're not playing in a meta that's made of pure poison (gently caress Lightsworns) thanks to being able to use and abuse Creature Swap.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Dabir posted:

I'm a giant nerd so I use the Gradius-themed spaceships. They're surprisingly tough when you're not playing in a meta that's made of pure poison (gently caress Lightsworns) thanks to being able to use and abuse Creature Swap.
I've always wondered if a Gradius deck would be worthwhile. Does that include the other Konami shmup cameos like the Blue Thunder, Flint/Flint Lock and Trigon?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zeether posted:

I've always wondered if a Gradius deck would be worthwhile. Does that include the other Konami shmup cameos like the Blue Thunder, Flint/Flint Lock and Trigon?
This is from like a year ago, so there are probably new cards to make it better (and I think you can only have 1 shining angel now), but this seems like a decent strategy for a spaceship themed deck.

MEAT!
Mar 18, 2008

Senerio posted:

Any of y'all using any recent deck archetypes that are a lot of fun?

Sylvans are pretty cool. Too bad some of them aren't working right in ygopro right now, though.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

No Flint Lock (totally different deck type) or Trigon (don't know where to fit them in) but Blue Thunder is vital as a big fat beater.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

You really think someone would do that?
Just go on the internet and tell lies?
Been testing out Cain and Abel.dek

It's pretty funny when your opponents don't know how to read and keep killing themselves.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Lisandra_brave posted:

It's pretty funny when your opponents don't know how to read and keep killing themselves.

Can I get the formula for that one? I want to try it out and run it but I am bad at reading. I recognize almost all of those cards, except for a couple XYZs, one of the spells and one of the traps.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Senerio posted:

Can I get the formula for that one? I want to try it out and run it but I am bad at reading. I recognize almost all of those cards, except for a couple XYZs, one of the spells and one of the traps.

Monsters
3x Kinka-Byo
3xPinecono
3xAcorno
3xBig One Warrior
3xJester Confit
2xMystic Piper
3xTurbo Booster

Spells
1xOne for One
3xWhere Arf Thou?
1xDark Hole
2xPot Of Duality
3xPot Of Duplicity
1xBook of Moon

Traps
2xMirror Force
1xTorrential Tribute
2xDimensional Prison
3xSafe Zone
1xSolemn Warning

Extra
1xMira the Star-Bearer
3xGhostrick Dullahan
2xNumber 13:Cain's Doom
2xNumber 31:Abel's Doom
2xNumber 39:Utopia Roots
2xSlacker Magician
2xNumber 54:Lion Heart
1xNumber 63:Shamoji Soldier

The objective is to get four level 1 monsters on board as fast as possible, and make both Number 13 and Number 31.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight is a go :flashfap:

And at least some form of Timaeus I guess :v:

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

What the connection between the different Yu Gi Oh series? I know that GX has an academy that was sponsored(?) by Seto Kaiba but as the series progresses, there's no connection but the cards, right?

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

TV Zombie posted:

What the connection between the different Yu Gi Oh series? I know that GX has an academy that was sponsored(?) by Seto Kaiba but as the series progresses, there's no connection but the cards, right?

For the most part, yeah. GX's connections are pretty much:

1) Duel Academy's being funded by KaibaCorp.

2) Pegasus actually showing up to essentially hire one of the students as a new Card Designer at his company.

3) The Domino City Field Trip that happened where Jaden and pals meet Yugi's Grandpa.

4) The whole Jaden vs Yugi Final Duel that was really just a dream if I recall.

Aside from those, it's mostly references in the Cards. With 5D's though, the only real connections are that Neo Domino City is supposed to just be FUTURE Domino City and that's really all I think there was (I always felt the Ushio thing was kinda grasping at straws). Zexal has no connections that I can think of (but who actually watched Zexal?), and we pretty much know nothing about Arc-V.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

5DS has a few references to original YuGiOh - KaibaCorp gets an offhand mention, and the dub added a few lines referencing original YuGiOh characters. And the academy from GX makes an appearance.

EDIT: And Pegasus actually duels later on in GX, though it's a filler episode.

Also my favorite 'people who don't know how to read and keep killing themselves' deck is one based around VC. If you let a guy build up a 3000 ATK monster you can just suicide something on him and kill him outright, especially if you combine it with other forms of burn.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Feb 1, 2014

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Endorph posted:

Also my favorite 'people who don't know how to read and keep killing themselves' deck is one based around VC. If you let a guy build up a 3000 ATK monster you can just suicide something on him and kill him outright, especially if you combine it with other forms of burn.

I ran this with Chain Destruction. To this date the only time that card was ever useful.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

Beyond what has already been mentioned there's also the movie Bonds Beyond Time where a villain literally travels from 5Ds and backwards stealing cards until he finally faces off against all three non-zexal protagonists in the original Domino City.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It'll be interesting to see where they go from ZEXAL, given that it has such plot points as 'a card created the universe'. I guess Pokemon did alright after literally having the gods of time, space and antimatter and also the creator god himself in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Dabir posted:

It'll be interesting to see where they go from ZEXAL, given that it has such plot points as 'a card created the universe'. I guess Pokemon did alright after literally having the gods of time, space and antimatter and also the creator god himself in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.

Well to be fair, Pokemon Black and White was basically the equivalent of the Mormons, and by that I mean that I can totally picture N as Joseph Smith, specifically this version of Joseph Smith from The Book of Mormon.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Dabir posted:

Some people think the main character of the new one might be in some kind of card game using army, going by his outfit. It does kind of like a uniform, but I dunno.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Senerio posted:

I ran this with Chain Destruction. To this date the only time that card was ever useful.
Chain destruction is also useful if you run a Skull Servant deck.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Lisandra_brave posted:

Oh man, triple Inferno Reckless Summon is boss for this: normal summon a monster, special summon another, use this, then you have an instant Cain and Abel with your opponent having three big monsters on board.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Anyone tried the absolutely absurd Quasar Exodia deck?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVyHNz-PvTc

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So my club is going to be running an "unlimited tournament," where we're allowed to run up to 3 of every card. I'm going to run Exodia just so that they know how utterly dumb that idea is. Any ideas on what to toss into that deck?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Senerio posted:

So my club is going to be running an "unlimited tournament," where we're allowed to run up to 3 of every card. I'm going to run Exodia just so that they know how utterly dumb that idea is. Any ideas on what to toss into that deck?

Pot of Greed, Card Car D, Dark World Dealings, Where Arf Thou?, One Day of Peace. Basically anything that lets you draw like mad.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Makyura the Destructor and Temple of Kings combined with traps like reckless greed, jar of greed, legacy of yata-garatsu, etc. I don't think there is an easier first turn Exodia to pull off.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Senerio posted:

There is only one deck to run in unlimited

MEAT!
Mar 18, 2008

Lisandra_brave posted:

I like your style.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I am cribbing that deck. and by that I mean totally stealing it except swapping out two Dark World Dealings for Legacy of Yata-Garasu simply because I don't want them to discard ever.

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

Lisandra_brave posted:

My knowledge of the game isn't good enough to know all those images offhand, what are all those cards?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Senerio posted:

Take the Pharaoh's advice. One of each piece of Exodia. For the rest? Draw like crazy! Appropriate's a good one, if you're going with that use cards that can or will make your opponent draw, like Cup of Ace and Dark World Dealings.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Adelheid posted:

My knowledge of the game isn't good enough to know all those images offhand, what are all those cards?

- Makyura the Destructor
- Armageddon Knight
- One Day of Peace
- Pot of Greed
- Upstart Goblin
- Dark World Dealings
- Graceful Charity
- Foolish Burial
- Into The Void
- Exchange of the Spirit
- Legacy of Yata-Garasu
- Reckless Greed
- Hope For Escape
- Jar of Greed

Essentially, it's a deck where Priority #1 is to drop Makyura into your Graveyard to let you just play Traps like they were Magic/Spell Cards. Once it's there, you draw cards until you can activate Exchange of the Spirit. Once you do, and your opponent swaps their whole deck for an empty Graveyard (hopefully), you just end your turn and win due to your opponent not having a deck to draw from anymore.

Senerio posted:

I am cribbing that deck. and by that I mean totally stealing it except swapping out two Dark World Dealings for Legacy of Yata-Garasu simply because I don't want them to discard ever.

While that doesn't seem like a bad idea, I'd potentially advise against it. Mostly because while it would reduce the number of cards that would give your opponent a Graveyard for Exchange of the Spirit to one, it reduces the number of cards you'd be able to just play right at the start of the game by two. After all, the fewer cards you can play without having to rely on Makyura hitting the Grave to thin your deck, the better.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Volfogg posted:

While that doesn't seem like a bad idea, I'd potentially advise against it. Mostly because while it would reduce the number of cards that would give your opponent a Graveyard for Exchange of the Spirit to one, it reduces the number of cards you'd be able to just play right at the start of the game by two. After all, the fewer cards you can play without having to rely on Makyura hitting the Grave to thin your deck, the better.

After playtesting Dark World Dealings works better anyway for the post Exchange deck anyway.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Volfogg posted:

Once you do, and your opponent swaps their whole deck for an empty Graveyard (hopefully), you just end your turn and win due to your opponent not having a deck to draw from anymore.

Whenever I run it, even after I swap deck and grave, I keep drawing till I empty my deck. Then Into the Void trips and I win with 40 cards in grave, no hand and no deck.

e: Rank Up Magic The Seventh One is the best thing ever if you can stick cards from your hand back into your deck. I run it in Sylvans with Charity, and it makes getting SHDark out almost too easy.

Lisandra_brave fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Feb 4, 2014

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Boxart for Dragons of Legend:

So we got confirmed:

- Disciple of Ra
- Guardian Dreadscythe
- Legendary Knight Timaeus
- Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight

On a retailer's page there were also this cards marked as tags for the product:

Amulet Dragon, Big Bang Blow, Big Bang Dragon Blow, Blue-Eyes Tyrant Dragon, Blue-Eyes White Dragon, Dark Magician, Doom Virus Dragon, Dragons of Legend, Goddess Bow, Legend of Heart, Legendary Knight Critias, Legendary Knight Hermos, Legendary Knight Timaeus, Mirror Force Dragon, Red-Eyes Black Dragon Sword, Rocket Hermos Cannon, Timaeus the Knight of Destiny, Time Magic Hammer, Tyrant Burst Dragon, Tyrant Wing

I'm pumped for the legendary Knights and dragons but I don't know how the gently caress are gonna work the fusion monsters :psyduck:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I like that the game is at a stage where Dreadscythe could be released entirely in his glorious anime form and it wouldn't be overpowered. Lets hope that's what they do. :allears:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Wait, are they releasing those completely ridiculous "can fuse with anything" dragons? :psyduck:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

BlitzBlast posted:

Wait, are they releasing those completely ridiculous "can fuse with anything" dragons? :psyduck:

Apparently, but I'm more interested in the Armor deck. :swoon: Psychic Armor Head would be broken as gently caress. Too bad I don't play the game anymore.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So there have been leaks for Primal Origin stuff, and the one that caught my eye is the new R2 Ghostrick XYZ:
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Ghostrick_Succubus
It's like Ground Collapse but Ghostrick. I need 3.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

It would have been great if it was lvl 3 so it mashed well with the zombie ghostricks but no, of course it's lvl 2. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
That way your Level 3s are free to be nasty jerks while your rank 2 clears them out

• Locked thread