Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Dulsatae

Dulsatae cocks his head at the Clawman before turning back to the display of landing zones, "These will all soon be dead, and the dead hold not value to Nurgle, dedicate them to whatever god you wish. Our sacrifice," Dulsatae briefly nods at Lysander, "will be the ones below who will live because of Nurgle's gifts."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

You may sacrifice every soul on board if you can tell me how you are going to pull off such a monumental task. I need details. Convince me and the infamy and corruption reward will be substantial.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
The Clawman

Plugging itself into the nearest data-port, the Clawman sets about doing three things. First, it adjusts the orbit decay algorithms so the station's main docking bays face the planet just so. Secondly, it sets all airlocks to open and close in an intricate pattern that would vent the entire population through the docking bays. Finally, it gathers nine of the station's inhabitants and sets them, blindfolded, at the points of an irregular nine-pointed star. It beseeches Tzeentch, the Weaver of Fates, to sunder the veil between reality and the Immaterial, and protect the bodies of those aboard the station as they plummet toward Cadia's surface, preventing them from burning up in the atmosphere. It chants blasphemous scrap-code as it uses its claws to pierce each sacrifice's heart in turn.

Meat rain! Rite of Sundering takes a Forbidden Lore (Warp) -10 test, which is 50. I have Scholastic Lore (Occult), which adds +10; I also get a +20 bonus for using Tzeentch's sacred number (9), so final TN is 80. If I have to reroll I will. I'll also meditate and use my utility mechadendrite.

Rite of Sundering vs 80: 1d100 84
Rite of Sundering vs 80 Infamy reroll: 1d100 30

MaliciousOnion fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Sep 23, 2014

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Chloe
Man it'd sure be nice to drop the station on the capital. Let the imperial soldiers watch as their homes, friends, families burn.

She looks up from the screen, realizing that the conversation had already moved on.
"Yeah! Right, whatever lets just kill some Imperial fuckers. Heh."

Heh.

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

I unironically like Anders as a character.
Ciro

Ciro lifts his severed arm up into the air and lets out a "woo" from where he lays. Hmm, bionics. "Kayleen, can I get flame decals on the arm?"

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Kayleen

"I certainly don't see why we couldn't. Hmm. I also need a replacement for hugbot...but no robotics lab or time on hand..." She points at the recently cowed chosen. "WHO HERE WANTS TO LEARN A TRADE SKILL instead of just spending eternity being large and potatoshaped and boltershooty?"

(I'll post surgery/new arm and new minion and etc rolls once we get some resolution for what we're doing, also, who's up for some FLESHMOULDING? (Humies get priority but all volunteers welcome)

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

The Drop
With the final thruster adjustments locked in, the space station makes it's descent towards LZ Gamma. The invasion plan calls for a contingent of Iron Warriors to secure it. A space station airbursting overhead would leave a lot of makeshift cover without irradiating the area to prevent operations in the first place. It would also eliminate the 37th Cadian Shock Troopers Regiment without much of any effort. Expected resistance would be from elements contained underground at various fortresses. Armored units and infantry could be expected but would be down to 30% combat strength after the airburst.

2 million bodies fall to the earth and rain around the capital and outlying population centers, encased in blue warp fire that sets all it touches ablaze. The Imperial Fist Stormraven, loaded with the entirety of Squad Julian, flies out of the launch bay and dives into the atmosphere, locked onto a course for the Citadel. Your IFF clears you past anti air defenses and the tower guides you into Landing Pad Alpha. Across the vox, you are told Lord General Aetius will be meeting you with his honor guard. You are asked what happened aboard the station. You tell them the truth, the traitor marines are coming forth from the eye and they need to mobilize. Upon your landing, you are expected to join the Cadian high command in a war council to mobilize forces against this new threat.

Little do they expect the threat to be arriving at their doorstep. The rest of squad Bonecrusher has integrated quite well so far. They don't have time to plot against you and an assault on the Citadel is something any Black Legion Chosen would give his left nut to be on the ground floor of it. As you come into land, you get an idea of the vastness of the citadel. A massive statue of the Sigilite marks the GHQ where the war council would likely be held. Orbital and anti air defenses are on each of the 5 points of the Citadel. On each hard point there are batteries of las cannons and heavy bolters. There are mortar and artillery pits, fixed emplacements that use the same hardware the basilisk carriers on its chassis. There is also a leman Russ battalion on the parade ground.

This place is definitely meant to keep invaders out, but once you are in, the place doesn't allow for much mobility. As you touch down on the pad you see the potential for classic Hab block to Hab block fighting. If you strike fast, you can make a run for the HQ, artillery pits to bombard the place from within, the motor pool where you can hijack tanks, and more. You are 30 seconds to touch down and assault cannons are live and pointed at the Lord General Aetius, his command platoon of Kasrkin, and his staff. There are troops all over hustling and bustling, men are being issued special and heavy weapons at the armory, and much more.

But before you light them all up. How are you gonna take down the base?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Oh yeah I need to know which one of you are the best pilots to fly the Stormraven. If the answer is none, an NPC will fly the Stormraven until it's shot down and provide close air support.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Dulsatae

Dulsatae sits on the crate holding his soon to be worn terminator armor as the Stormraven descends. Looking out the windows, he is pleased to see the general and his elites waiting outside. Killing them with a surprise burst from the Stormraven weapons should be an easy feat. Taking down the fortress should be simple for one such as him; once inside none could kill him, and none would survive his Gifts of the God of Resilience and his Proto-bilethrower. After the Stormraven touches down Dulsate pushes the crate with terminator armor out the door so as not to get shot down and lost, and marches on the fortress, daemon-flamer and combi-bolter in hands.

Essentially Dulsate in close quarters is death for all, so trying to get into the fortress as soon as possible, and then use the daemon weapon to kill folks/start a disease chain reaction.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

The Citadel is basically a massive 40k version of a Castle Brian. Though it's set up on flat ground, this is so it can dominate quite an area. It's got underground tunnels and poo poo all over the immediate region. The reason I made it a priority target for the station drop cause an entire Corps of troops can operate from it for about 4 months straight at full capacity. The part you see above ground is the GHQ, facilities for two armored regiments and 3 line infantry regiments, and part of the Kasrkin training ground. Also the obvious defenses. So, plague marine duder, how will you use the knowledge and gifts bestowed upon you by Nurgle to subjugate this place. Cause walking forward and merely killing endless hordes I throw at you will not be how this is gonna go down.

Though to be fair it's an excellent short term plan. I'd just like a bit more information. Feel free to make tactic rolls if you'd like for additional information beyond the freebie I gave you. Call it a gift from the Alpha Legion.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Chloe
Chloe clutches onto her beloved rifle, face stoney behind her shades. Nope nope nope no repressed emotions here. None at all. Just gotta refocus on something else. Like, uh, uh..She stares out the window eyes landing on the parade ground. Tanks! The ones in the parade ground were kinda pathetic, but there must be something better around somewhere.

She breaks into a wide grin right before they land, waving excitedly to the rest of the party. "Anyone want to go hijack a tank? Think of all the dumb Imperials we could run over. Come on, I'll drive!" Hopefully it'll also keep her out of the way of Dulsatae's disease cloud. Gross.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

simsense cumshots posted:

The Citadel is basically a massive 40k version of a Castle Brian. Though it's set up on flat ground, this is so it can dominate quite an area. It's got underground tunnels and poo poo all over the immediate region. The reason I made it a priority target for the station drop cause an entire Corps of troops can operate from it for about 4 months straight at full capacity. The part you see above ground is the GHQ, facilities for two armored regiments and 3 line infantry regiments, and part of the Kasrkin training ground. Also the obvious defenses. So, plague marine duder, how will you use the knowledge and gifts bestowed upon you by Nurgle to subjugate this place. Cause walking forward and merely killing endless hordes I throw at you will not be how this is gonna go down.

Though to be fair it's an excellent short term plan. I'd just like a bit more information. Feel free to make tactic rolls if you'd like for additional information beyond the freebie I gave you. Call it a gift from the Alpha Legion.

Then Dulsate goes to look for the command and control/HQ complex. Dulsate would take out the remaining officers and whatever command and communication equipment there is, so that no ability to coordinate the forces remains.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

(17:01:54) MaliciousOnion: mandozerthegreat: do we get a reward for me sacrificing the spacemen
(17:07:22) mandozerthegreat: 15 infamy MaliciousOnion for you and 10 for the party

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

She whistles appreciatively on the way down. "drat nice work Claw. Ciro, I'll hook up that arm as soon as we get some kind of downtime. In the meanwhile, uh, I guess you're gonna borrow a bolt pistol from Chloe or use that chainsword."

Kayleen looks around at the assembled speess dudes. "You're the experts here in full frontal violence, you take the lead buttt....Chloe, you're onto something. I got a direct connection for plugging into the russ and should drive. You take main gun."

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Sep 29, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

post nerds I'm not updating until you do

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

simsense cumshots posted:

post nerds I'm not updating until you do

I told you want I want to do, I can't post until you do!

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Werix posted:

I told you want I want to do, I can't post until you do!

Not you! The rest of you nerds!

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

The Clawman

The Clawman heads for the nearest communications array, where it connects to the planetary comms network and begins sowing confusion and fear. Orders from command are garbled and contradictory, requests for backup are lost amidst white noise and gurgling screams. It replays recordings of its previous experiments, a collection spanning centuries.

I dunno what you want to roll here, Tech-Use I guess (testing @ 70, infamy reroll if needed).

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Lysander

"Clawman, if you can, layer a message from me into your little horrorshow, as many channels as possible. We can break their morale in more ways than one.

Leaning in close to the vox, Lysander begins to speak.

"Children of Nurgle. Brothers in Chaos. The time for hiding within the enemy's forces and homes has ended. The time has come at last; like malarial parasites, burst forth and destroy. As promised, we have come for this broken Imperium and its False Emperor. Take up arms and slaughter your so-called "fellow soldiery." Cut your commanding officer's throats in the night. When we arrive at their pathetic fortifications, throw open the gates. When we find you standing among the dead and dying, you need only offer up praise to Chaos and we will know you; your reward is forthcoming. For Nurgle! For Chaos! Let the galaxy burn!"

Stepping back, Lysander smiles thinly. He'd just follow the others once they hit the ground.

Activating Serpent's Tongue to gain Peer (2) for Imperials/Cadians/whatever, spending an IP for +10 to the test: Charm/Deceive vs 84: 69

Then attempting to Deceive any listeners into turning on their comrades out of paranoia or because they actually think we won't kill them if they betray their friends. Spending another IP for +10: Decieve vs 94: 22

Down to 4/6 infamy.

Remembered the -10 from Disturbing Voice after rolling, that's why it says 104 on the roll page. Also mandozer, just remembered that my minion exploded, do you want me to roll up a new one now Y/N ?

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Oct 6, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Take a chaos space marine minion. Update coming tomorrow.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Julian

When the group exits their Stormraven, Julian nods at Chloe's suggestion. "Agreed. Armour has always been the Imperial Army's greatest strength, we might as well take some of it away from them and use it ourselves." With the newly acquired Chosen and his rubric marine in tow, he heads off towards one of the armoured regiments facilities to steal some tanks with Chloe. Stomping out of the Stormraven in his power armour, he channels his will into his force sword, igniting the blade with heatless warpfire.

Glimpse to buff lore roll: http://orokos.com/roll/227641 Pass
Psychic phenomena: http://orokos.com/roll/227643 Your food smells like farts, if you bring it up I'll blame it on Dulsatae
Scholastic Lore (Tactica Imperialis): http://orokos.com/roll/227642 8 DoS to find out where the tanks are.

After we land, manifesting Blade of Baleful Might and maintaining it until I say stop. http://orokos.com/roll/227645 7 DoS.
Phenomena: http://orokos.com/roll/227646 Same thing, everything smells like farts.

Waci fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Oct 11, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Welcome to the Revolution
The Stormraven flies forward and strafes the walkway to the LZ, killing everything in sight. Popping up over buildings it fires the last of its hellstrike missiles into the GHQ and pops a hover just as the missles hit and gut the 3rd floor. Dropping the ramp and backing up, Amirault and Ciro are first into the breach followed by The Clawman, Lysander, and Corypheus. 2 Chaos Space Marines bring up the rear carrying heavy bolters followed by the plague marine Dulsatae who kicks the crate with terminator armour into the hallway before jumping the ramp.

The Stormraven pilot grins as he banks left and turns assault cannons onto the guardsmen at the armory below. Las cannon batteries fire up into the sky and flakk missles fly into the sky. Countermeasures are deployed, the pilot evades dodging the first few lascannon blasts, evades some missiles and dives low in between the buildings. The pilot howls on the vox, having quite a time.

Stormraven Down
As the pilot screams in between buildings he pops a hover and drops the ramp right on the roof of the armor depot, just in time to take a lascannon barrage into the side. The Stormraven falls to the earth, it's side gutted and internals shot. Julian, Kayleen, Chloe, and friends are able to jump out the back. The pilot reports he survived the crash but he is stuck in the cockpit, trying to free himself. Guard platoons are rushing forward and cheering the shootdown.

Situation
HQ Team: Amirault, Ciro, Clawman, Corypheus, Dulsatae, Lysander + CSM minion, 2 Chosen with Heavy Bolters. vs unknown opposition in the building.
Armor Depot Team: Chloe, Julian + Rubric Marine, Kayleen, 5 Chosen with *various weapons.
vs IG Platoon surrounding the depot. Enemy armor is inbound from the parade ground, ETA to the first elements is 3 turns.
Crash Site 100m away has one chaos space marine pilot and IG Platoon running from the parade ground. They are 6 turns away.
There are potentially vehicles to hijack within. Roof access is trivial.

*2 Plasma Gunners, Heavy Flamer, 2 with Boltguns and Power Swords. All marines have chainsword and bolt pistol secondaries.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

Kayleen smacks into the ground. It sounds like a opened toolbox clanging around inside a dryer. She steps up, looks around. "You crazy drat kids don't know how to drive these days." She looks around at the armor depo. "Allow me to show you how. Chloe, get with me on that tank there, we're going for a ride."

Hijacking a tank. Techuse is at 120, operate surface is 45. I realized I somehow do not have an MIU :psyduck:

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Dulsatae

The Plague Marine smiles under his helmet as the Stormraven takes off and begins storming the buildings. "Those who would join me in assaulting their Headquarters, behind me!" Dulsatae then begins to move through the building, his daemon weapon at the ready.

Werix fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Oct 29, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Werix posted:

Dulsatae

The Plague Marine smiles under his helmet as the Stormraven takes off and begins storming the buildings. "Those who would join me in assaulting their Headquarters, behind me!" Dulsatae then begins to move through the building, his daemon weapon at the ready.

read update again

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Chloe

Chloe lands after Kayleen, rolling to break her fall. Not everyone can have unbreakable metal limbs or power armor. "Hell yeah! Let's use ones of these suckas to catch something bigger and better eh?"

She climbs up the side of whatever tank Kayleen is hacking and hops in, pausing for a moment to shout. "Hey Juilian, you gona stand on top of this thing or what?"

Xun fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Oct 29, 2014

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Corypheus

Having woken up on the trip downward, Corypheus smiles a horrific grin as he floats after the Plague Marine. Not that he was particularly listening to the Nurgleite, but his Lord Tzeentch had greatly blessed him, and he hungered to show, and share, them with some "lucky" guardsmen. "Yes, let us give them a visit they will never forget.

Okay, back from my lack of the internet.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Lysander

Lysander advances with Dulsatae, his new "bodyguard" just behind him. He suspected that Iocanthos wasn't particularly happy about working for a human, but between Lysander's Mark of Nurgle and the fact that they'd murdered Bonecrusher pretty drat hard, he was sure the Black Legionnaire knew better than to voice his thoughts on the matter. After all, it was the same job; walk towards the killing, shoot at the other guys.

"When we kill everyone in there, try not to break any of their radios.I'll be able to sow so much more chaos if we can get into any encrypted channels. It would be even more ideal to recover the commander himself, at least for long enough for me to mimic his voice in particular."

New minion's in the character post.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

The Clawman

Recognising the fallibility of even its own augmented form, the Clawman stays close to the Marines. "Deliver me to their communications array and I shall make it yours," it says to Lysander, clacking its claws together.

If we encounter resistance, I'll rely mainly on Warp fuckery.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Julian

Julian chuckles inside his helmet. "Next time. This time, I think I'll stay inside. We want to deceive them, after all. At leats long enough to get us closer to our prize." Climbing into the tank after the two humans, he motions to the group of chosen. "Grab a vehicle, two if you have enough people who feel like driving. The plan's to disguise ourselves as Imperials for a moment and drive into the midst of the armoured formation heading off the parade ground. When we get there, we'll capture one of their super-heavies and wreck the rest of the formation."

Lets go steal a Glaive.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

HQ
"YES!" shouts one of the chosen who follows Dulsatae in. Heavy Bolter fire wrecks every room and sets it ablaze as the Death Guard marine advances. Scribes, clerks, officers, and security personnel are blown apart or burnt to a crisp. You see the signs that point to the command suite and make to the door easily slaughtering all before. Inside you make quick work of all within. As the fires die out from Dulsatae's Flamer you all begin the body count whilst the Clawman jacks into the vox to make his broadcast. You got quite a few ranking officers but it seems to be mostly the chief of staff who were preparing a briefing of some kind.

As Lysander gives his speech he wonders if at first there was any effect. Then las fire begins to erupt around the base. Chaos reigns whilst Cadians kill each other. The Clawman mentions that the only place he was unable to broadcast to from here were the deep underground facilities. As you prepare to move out you hear the fire on tank guns and then explosions rock the building. One of the Black Legionnaires explodes in a red mist as he is hit directly by a shot from a Baneblade cannon whilst the Glaive uses its Volkite Carronade to collapse the building, sweeping from right to left where they entered the building just 2 floors below. Before you know it the building collapses on you all. Dust fills the air and somehow you still live. But not without paying a price.

Amirault and Ciro are lifeless, impaled on a building support, his relic blade lies on the floor below him. Lysander and The Clawman are trapped underneath what used to be the 4th floor. One of the Chosen, Iocanthos, Dulsatae, and Corypheus are free and mobile. The other chosen that accompanied you in are in critical condition.

Everyone drop to 50% of your wounds rip IPVG and Dyne.
Edit: Except Dulsatae and Lysander drop to 25%

Grand Theft Fellglaive
With the entire squad rolling out in about 4 Russes, your impromptu tank platoon makes their way to the parade ground. Around you, the guardsmen that were around the depot are in a firefight with each other. You see a guardsmen go behind his machinegun team and kill them all before being shot by fire from across the way. Lasfire ramps up, none of it directed at yall. Before you know it you are at the parade ground and disembarked running in between the ranks of tanks. Before the tankers realize it you are on 2 of the superheavies and are throwing grenades into the hatch. You make it inside just as heavy Bolters ping all around the hatches, shooting where you were. "Baneblade secured! Kill them all!"

Your NPCs are the proud owners of a BANEBLADE. Unfortunately you merely own a Glave! You have 36 RUSSES behind you. Good luck

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Nov 5, 2014

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Dulsatae

Dusatae wheezes as the dust from the destroyed building fills his desiccated lungs. "You would think that they would make their fortifications more stable than this. If this is the best they can offer, we shall overrun this planet easy," he says to no one in particular. He then bends down to aid the two frail mortals, even if one is a fellow Nurglite, from the wreckage.

Going to help clear the other two out, then I want to make my way down into those tunnels.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Kayleen

"time to squish some puny organics! Light 'em up Chloe!"
Connecting with the glaive's machine spirit, Kayleen brings the machine to life.

Operate at tn 40, tech use at tn 110

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Chloe
"WOOOO" The sniper cheers, recklessly swiveling the turret and firing. Perhaps a little too reckless considering she wasn't quite familiar with tank guns. But who cares! Giant tank gun! Woo!

SHOT GUN 66 vs 66

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Bumping this to remind you it exists. Will update in 2 days and autopilot anyone who missed out.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Pushing you guys forward

Aftermath
Whilst brother turns against brother, Dulsatae and his fellow warriors dig themselves out of the rubble and find themselves attached to a platoon of guardsmen who kneel before them. One Platoon becomes 2, 2 becomes a Company, and before long they are underground and cleansing the base of all loyalists. Whilst the more militant minded heretics rampage amongst the base, The Clawman enjoys a glass of wine in a Lord General’s chair as his broadcast reaches the entire populace of Cadia.

Chloe and Kayleen make quite the team as they drive the fellglaive backwards, raking rows of Leman Russ tanks and killing half a dozen each time they fire. Its sponsons blast into the rear armor of a hostile baneblade and destroy it. The other baneblade that the Chosen have commandeered turns around and engages the leman russes at close range cutting a swath through their number. Before long the fight is down to the immobilized Fellglaive, Heavily damaged traitor Baneblade and 3 charred loyalist baneblades. The exchange of fire leaves all tanks concerned dead but the heretics and their allies alive somehow. As Kayleen hops out of the hatch she sighs, that battle might have been the most exhilarating one in her life. Such power at her command. It certainly beat analyzing geneseed thats for sure. Months if not years to salvage and return these warmachines to full working order from all the battledamage.

4 Hours later, Black Thunderhawks and droppods start to land around the Citadel of the Sigilite, renamed MURDER DEATH gently caress THE FALSE EMPEROR. Stepping off one of the thunderhawks are the Justaerin, accompanying the Warmaster himself, Abbadon. “So you are the ones who have instilled so much terror in the population and earned the Black Fleet another host of warships. You have my thanks.” Some of the chosen begin to kneel before lord Abbadon, perhaps yourselves out of respect. Or not. Either way you are motioned to rise. “It is my understanding that Champion Bonecrusher fell in the course of his duties. What a shame. It appears you have to lead his warband for a time now Julian! Come all of you there is much to discuss!”

Because I’m lazy and also wish to give you a moment to roleplay before pushing you any more, I’ll gonna just let it rock here for now. Thus far here are the rewards of this mission. 5 Infamy, 3 Corruption as a group. 350 exp as a group in addition to the exp rebate I posted in the OOC thread for advanced archetypes (500 Marines/1000 Humans). Ancient Warrior is unlocked now and its effects do apply. You may attempt to elevate a legacy weapon if you wish. If this isn't a decision you wanna make now, no sweat you will have a second chance after the next mission.

Note that I'm not giving out bonus exp this time. Its partially because I handwaved this stuff so there wasn’t really an opportunity to do anything badass, partially cause im combining the entire warband’s actions. So the Glaive Hijacking is in there as well as the whole turning the base against itself bit. And that propaganda bit that clawman did. I’m considering bumping the reward up to 8/5 Infamy/Corruption but I don’t want this stuff to stack up to the point you are daemon princes before the 41st millennium comes around. Post your thoughts in the OOC thread and I'll hear yall out.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Nov 26, 2014

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Dulsatae

The Plague Marine hand never been a squad leader, and so he had little idea how to lead the converts and recruits that he had picked up along the way. He found it best to just continue on his way, gifting so many of the loyalists in the command structure and the bunkers below with the gifts of Nurgle his weapon and body produced. Those among his followers that died did, those that took those gifts and endured, they were the ones worth even caring for.

Once back up on the surface, Dulsatae took some time to admire the handiwork of those who had taken to the armor fight. The trenches created by the high powered energy weapons were something to behold, and there had always been something about the smell of burning promethium from the burnt husks of loyalist tanks filled him with warmth.

With the loyalists dead, dying, or converted, Dulsatae makes his way back to where he left the crate of reclaimed Terminator armor, and got to preparing it. Stripping it of paint was simple enough, as was blessing it with the colors of his chapter. The hardest part was to obviously get the armor on and adjust it. With the aid of some of the still in awe converts, he removed his old armor, his shriveled and emaciated form showing underneath. Old scars dot his body, neither bleeding, nor ever fully healed, only dried scabs to match his skin to be seen clogging the wounds. His Black Carapace connectors were highly visible, as the skin had dried and retreated from them, each one like a high mountain jutting out of a desert plain.

With the terminator armor in place, Dulsatae spent many hours just walking in the armor and doing battle drills, finding where it hung loose, or tight, and having the new serfs help him adjust it, until he finally found the fit for him. It was in short time that Abbadon himself appeared on world. Finding kneeling hard to do in such armor, he stood only at attention, passively taking in what the aspiring warmaster had to say in the silence that all Death Guard have. that Abbadon gave command to Julian was no surprise, though it was a disappointment.

He follows Abbadon to where he wishes to brief the group.

Just fluffing my new terminator armor and using armor monger on it. Can't wait to be even more unstoppable.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Lysander

Unlike the Plague Marine, Lysander was in his element while surrounded by lackeys. He thundered a sermon of praise to Nurgle as they stormed the base, encouraging the new converts to leave the wounded to fester and to rejoice at their newly-gained knowledge of the True God. It cheered his heart to see how eagerly they served their new master; already some of them were bloating and walking with wounds that would have killed the uninitiated.

Once their work was done, Lysander set about his typical post-battle rituals. After his prayers to Nurgle, he began to pry the more obtrusive pieces of shrapnel from his body with the help of the Nurglings. A few minutes later, as he snapped off a last piece of rebar that jutted through his shoulder, he felt some tiny fraction of Nurgle's attention sweep towards him for a moment. Immediately, he felt a shifting beginning deep within his body, and knew that another Gift would soon manifest itself; the only question was whether it would be a true Gift of the Plague Lord or a mere alteration of Chaos.

He spends the remaining time until Abaddon's arrival preaching to the new converts and making vox-broadcasts on Cadian channels about the victory of Chaos, the glory of Nurgle, and the deeds of himself and the others. At Abaddon's arrival and congratulations, he bows deeply and follows.

Kinda forgot this existed for a while. Sorry!

Picking up Int +5 and True Grit for 650 XP.

I've passed CP 40 so that's a new mutation; I'll roll the Infamy test TN 72 for a Gift of Nurgle, and I'll leave the rolling up to you Mandozer.

I'd also like to try to elevate my Plasma Gun to a Legacy Weapon, Infamy test TN 32 (72 Base - 20 Very Rare - 10 Maximal Penalty - 10 Good Quality).

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

05:04:26 <imouto> MandozerTheGreat: infamy gift: 11 (1d100=11)
05:04:31 <MandozerTheGreat> .roll 1d100 infamy legacy
05:04:33 <imouto> MandozerTheGreat: infamy legacy: 60 (1d100=60)
05:04:51 <MandozerTheGreat> .roll 1d100 Reward of Nurgle
05:04:53 <imouto> MandozerTheGreat: Reward of Nurgle: 47 (1d100=47)

Gain the Face of Nurgle, you fail to level your legacy weapon this time though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Chloe

Chloe stand around awkwardly. "So uhm, yeah. Anyone want to go scrounge up some booze? Eh?" she says, to the group composed of mostly robots and space marines.

Picking up intermediate AG (500) and Plasma weapon expertise(500) for now and keeping the 350 for something idk

• Locked thread