Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Bown posted:

Hell, even Alison Janney's Mom win is great because she carries that drat thing!

Nope. Anna Faris does as much heavy lifting as Janney in Mom, if not more because she's funnier (Mom is a sitcom after all).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Irish Joe posted:

Nope. Anna Faris does as much heavy lifting as Janney in Mom, if not more because she's funnier (Mom is a sitcom after all).

Both are good, but Alison Janney has the more whacky character compared to Faris' straight woman, which is of course easier to like (and give Emmys to).

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

bullet3 posted:

Yes. True Detective was the better show, and with Fargo has basically redefined what a TV show can be. It was the best 10-hour movie of the year. Was Breaking Bad really good too? Ya, but it's been good every year, and won best drama multiple times already.

BB had only won Best Drama once (5a), Mad Men won 4 times then Homeland won for some reason.

Are Fargo and True Detective good shows? Probably (I haven't seen them) but I think the Emmy voting block made their 2014 decision 11 months ago and refused to budge from it.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I would have picked True Detective myself, but Breaking Bad absolutely deserved to win that.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
True Detective is pretty awesome but it's definitely nowhere near as good as Breaking Bad. It totally fell off after episode 5.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I think the result is a response, in part, to True Detective submitting for drama instead of miniseries.

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

nate fisher posted:

It's not even the best show on Netflix, and the writing is just not that good.

Same goes for GoT. Headey had a good argument but the fact that it was nominated best drama and writing (D&D episode no less hahahahaha).

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Bown posted:

True Detective is pretty awesome but it's definitely nowhere near as good as Breaking Bad. It totally fell off after episode 5.

I agree with this statement absolutely. I thought 5B of Breaking Bad was as close to flawless as we'll come. True Detective just loses it's momentum so hard in the last few episodes that it's kind of frustrating

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Space Pussy posted:

Same goes for GoT. Headey had a good argument but the fact that it was nominated best drama and writing (D&D episode no less hahahahaha).

I like GoT a lot, but I know it has a lot of flaws that are easy for me to overlook. I would call it one of my favorites on TV, but it is not what I would call one of the best (example SFU is my favorite HBO show of all time, but The Wire I think is the best).

To go against the grain I still think Mad Men is as good as ever. There is still nothing I would rather watch at this time.

The Wire taught me that the Emmys are stupid, but it still has the ability to get me upset (the Modern Family win was outrageous). It is funny I didn't realize how much I wanted MM to win until he lost. I love Breaking Bad, but MM's performance was the best acting on TV this year. The second best performance was Billy Bob Thornton in Fargo (another miss by the Emmys). Final bitch is about Hannibal. I just don't understand how this show was ignored by the Emmys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
I'm a little mad Eva Green didn't at least get a nomination for her work in penny dreadful.

• Locked thread