Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soral
May 30, 2009

Wormskull posted:

Capable of taking hits indeed. :350:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

please temporarily move my thread to the let us play subforum the next time we have a thread rental so they can see how cool imp zone let splays are

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

appropriate to widestancer, porygon also spends most of his life online as well

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

No Such Thing posted:

appropriate to widestancer, porygon also spends most of his life online as well

Seizure inducing anime

TheDead1
Aug 12, 2007
name one of the pokemon after me so they can die 10 minutes later

ZOOP MASTER 50 CAL
Apr 14, 2004

baby hipster pope
i'm back and i'm ready to win more fights that i have no right to win

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i died the way i lived

offscreen

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Soral posted:

also, realtalk, what loving idiot moron chose not to make it so mr. mimes name becomes mrs. mime if its a girl pokemon

one of the translators used to (maybe still does) post here and they fucken knew mr. mime would cause problems if they ever did genders

whoops they did in the next thing lol

also because it would take extra programming since it's just Barriard in japan or something like that

e: close "Mr. Mime (Japanese: バリヤード Barrierd)"

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

qnqnx posted:

Also there being only three special fightIng moves, two of those rare (aura sphere, vacuum wave) and the other notoriously unreliable (focus blast).

this isn't really a problem since if you're using a special attack focused blaziken, infernape, or emboar you got brain problems son

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

sword_man.gif posted:

this isn't really a problem since if you're using a special attack focused blaziken, infernape, or emboar you got brain problems son
It's more because of GameFreak random rear end "balance".

Soral
May 30, 2009

sword_man.gif posted:

one of the translators used to (maybe still does) post here and they fucken knew mr. mime would cause problems if they ever did genders

whoops they did in the next thing lol

also because it would take extra programming since it's just Barriard in japan or something like that

e: close "Mr. Mime (Japanese: バリヤード Barrierd)"

ok now heres a question i have: why the gently caress are male and female nidorans seperate pokemon still

we have seen in this very thread that pokemon can and does handle gender-based evolution paths

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

basically if they change anything major they lose the ability to let people bring their old pokemon forward, and that's a huge part of the appeal for a lot of people.

like say someone wants to transfer their nidoran m into the new game where nidoran m and nidoran f have been combined into a single pokemon, nidoran. how is the game supposed to handle its stats and moveset when they were different before. also it messes up the pokedex, which would probably lead to a bunch of weird glitches because that's what happens, and imagine the outrage when the original 150 becomes 149 instead.

gen 6 introduced a new pokemon that is kind of similar to the nidoran line but it isn't hosed up. espurr evolves into meowstic, which looks different and has different movesets and abilities depending on gender, but is still considered to be the same pokemon (it's also super cute imo).

anyway i guess what i'm trying to say is that i don't know why they are still separate.

Soral
May 30, 2009

that is a lot of bullshit excuses and there is a total incompatibility split between gen 2 and 3 which is where they should have taken their chance to jump on consolidating nidoran and also making mrs. mime but they didnt

and now were 6 generations in and its too late to change anything because nintendo

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

to this day there are people pissed that they can't port their gen 1/gen 2 pokemon to gen 3 and up and i imagine nintendo really doesn't want to deal with that again 4 gens into first split. this is also why we keep getting new and weirder evolution methods for old pokemon to justify the pokemon not being able to evolve before.

the really hosed up thing about mr. mime is that when it got a pre-evolution in gen 4 they kept that dumb naming scheme so it became mime jr. as if that makes any sense for a pokemon to be named. they knew better at this point and they did it anyway. they're dumb pokemon anyway though so who cares.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

also it's probably worth noting that even when the change would be incredibly minor they take forever to fix it anyway. faint attack was introduced in gen 2 and it wasn't until 13 years later with the release of x & y that they finally fixed its name to be feint attack. i think there were a couple other names that were fixed in x & y but i don't remember them offhand. feraligatr is still that instead of feraligator though.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Mr. Mime fuckin owns

Soral
May 30, 2009

thanks for the thread tag change

Soral
May 30, 2009

ugh this poo poo again

-snip-

yeah gently caress this idiot. medibot and skyblazer cleaned up here. it was mostly water types.

im down for more ghost types

ok well lets do this, then. all the npcs are talkin about trouble down at the ol' 'lectric plant

uhhhh

yep. the loving quest flags are all hosed up again. i have no fuckin clue what's up.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

you didn't have to go to the electric plant in the original game, did you?

Soral
May 30, 2009

yeah the game doesnt let you fight misty unless you do this whole subplot with the kanto power plant being broken by team rocket. i forget if it was in the original gold/silver tho

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Soral posted:

yeah the game doesnt let you fight misty unless you do this whole subplot with the kanto power plant being broken by team rocket. i forget if it was in the original gold/silver tho

I wonder why the randomizer is breaking everything

Soral
May 30, 2009

what i did not show was that professor elm also did not give me the SS ticket and i had to use a walk through walls code to get into the boat to kanto. the game is all sorts of messed up at this point and i'm pretty sure it is all stemming from me skipping over those quest flags because i never received the red gyarados

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Soral posted:

what i did not show was that professor elm also did not give me the SS ticket and i had to use a walk through walls code to get into the boat to kanto. the game is all sorts of messed up at this point and i'm pretty sure it is all stemming from me skipping over those quest flags because i never received the red gyarados

Uh go back and get it ya dummy!!! It's just a poke in a lake

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Be like ash Ketchum

"i wanna catch em all!" - ash 1998

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

when there are pokemon that are capable of telekinesis, controlling the weather, and even space and time does no one ever stop and think 'hey maybe we shouldn't pit these things against eachother in dog fights'

Soral
May 30, 2009

Grapplejack posted:

Uh go back and get it ya dummy!!! It's just a poke in a lake

you'll find that i already have if you just read this thread youve posted in (the randomizer made it not a red gyarados (the fact that it was not actually a red gyarados is what broke the flags))

Soral
May 30, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

when there are pokemon that are capable of telekinesis, controlling the weather, and even space and time does no one ever stop and think 'hey maybe we shouldn't pit these things against eachother in dog fights'

reminder that magcargo, a mediocre and common pokemon, has a body temperature of over 18000 degrees f according to the pokedex.

this is twice as hot as the surface of the sun.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
i like that one thats so 'roided out it has constant painful muscle lacerations

also the one that wears his dead mom's face

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

Soral posted:

reminder that magcargo, a mediocre and common pokemon, has a body temperature of over 18000 degrees f according to the pokedex.

this is twice as hot as the surface of the sun.

I subscribe to the theory that the pokedex entries are literally written by children

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I like the pokemon that comes into being after dangerous moon radiation hits a pile of sewage

Soral
May 30, 2009

i like the pokemon with hot poops that people pick up and put in their pockets to stay warm

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
machamp can fire 1000 punches in 2 seconds

speed: 55

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
am I still not dead?

I know you evolved me into an onion or some poo poo but I'm actually shocked that I may still be alive

Soral
May 30, 2009

what im most shocked about is this game is still holding together in spite of all the terrible horrible poo poo happening in it

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

Soral posted:

what im most shocked about is this game is still holding together in spite of all the terrible horrible poo poo happening in it

It's been proven that Pokémon games do not give a gently caress and will just do whatever

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Why am I not in the party. Scizor is kick rear end.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Soral posted:

tell me if you need any stupid poo poo hacked that codes aren't already available for

hack in a red scale if you don't have one and see if you can kickstart the plot again

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Doctor Goat posted:

tell me if you need any stupid poo poo hacked that codes aren't already available for

hack in a red scale if you don't have one and see if you can kickstart the plot again

I hope the rest of the pokemon are ok

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Soral posted:

i wont say no to another legendary

yea ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

nintendo

your gym sucked in the first game and isnt much better now

surprisingly not a stretch on the randomizer's part, her last pokemon was a venusaur

the reason why i havent posted in a while is i did a shitload of training (grinding)

first, this

there are a ton of pokemen that i worked on levelling up that im not using just now. in particular i got wormskull up to level 47 but gloom's move pool is kinda weak tbh

three years ago you had your poo poo whipped by a small child

fenrir cleaned up

easy

ok then

:sissies:

she used mostly rock/water types

widestancer did most of the work here with a grass type move i gave her with a tm. i forget what it was called. its pretty good tho

lookin good so far

• Locked thread