Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!

PubicMice posted:

Kroppkakor sounds to me like a convergent evolution of a pork bun, so I can't imagine it being that bad. Boiling is def the worst way to cook almost anything, though.

e:Welp.

Why would you do this? Kinder Surprise eggs are already sweet and soft chocolate, why would you fill it with more sweet and soft chocolate? Where's the crunch? Unless the toys are still in there...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

pentyne posted:

Is there a name for that?

- Nacho chips
- Hard boiled eggs
- Sour cream?
- peach slices
- velveeta
- baby carrots

I'm thinking "canned food plate casserole"

"Prevomit"

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Aristophanes posted:

Why would you do this? Kinder Surprise eggs are already sweet and soft chocolate, why would you fill it with more sweet and soft chocolate? Where's the crunch? Unless the toys are still in there...

nutella is totally epic man

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Aristophanes posted:

Crunchy chocolate is bad and you should feel bad.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Meatwave posted:

"Prevomit"

"What I feed my housemate when he's a dick"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

PubicMice posted:

Kroppkakor sounds to me like a convergent evolution of a pork bun, so I can't imagine it being that bad. Boiling is def the worst way to cook almost anything, though.

e:Welp.

"You eat pieces of poo poo for breakfast?"

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

pentyne posted:

Is there a name for that?

There is no god

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

pentyne posted:

- Sour cream?

Is that what it is? I was thinking meringue.

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥

Tiggum posted:

Is that what it is? I was thinking meringue.

I thought weirdly smooth cottage cheese or Greek yoghurt. Seemed to fit with the vaguely healthy but horrifically wrong style of that plate

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

beato posted:

Crunchy chocolate is bad and you should feel bad.

What about chocolate with popping candy in it?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
This is called a "Welsh" in Northern France as a tribute to the subtle English cuisine (actually it's called a Welsh in UK too):

This is a slice of bread with ham, covered in a brown beer and cheddar gratin.

Topped with an egg.

Served with fries.

Bon appétit

SpaceGoatFarts has a new favorite as of 16:40 on Mar 17, 2015

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

would

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

I'd need to be liquored up first, but

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

bringmyfishback posted:

I believe it's called a shglorbgobble. Because, were it sentient, that is all it could say.

It's also the onomatopoeia of the sound made during consumption.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

This is called a "Welsh" in Northern France as a tribute to the subtle English cuisine (actually it's called a Welsh in UK too):

Topped with an egg.

Served with fries.

Bon appétit

Looks like an egg topped Welsh rarebit, which is a creamier cheese on toast.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Roro posted:

That's what it is. The main difference is that when I google "Welsh rarebit" it looked appetizing.

While I still have to see a French Welsh that doesn't look like a huge puddle of melted Kraft cheese and oil with fries on the side.

e: and while we are looking at healthy dishes from around the Channel:

The local favorite; the "mitraillette" (machinegun).

Basically the most fries you can stuff in a sandwich, plus your favorite fried processed meat and hydrogenated oil mix called "sauce".

SpaceGoatFarts has a new favorite as of 17:13 on Mar 17, 2015

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Roro posted:

And Stouffer's even makes that here in the States! (Though I think it must be hard to find. I remember seeing it here and there when I was a kid, but not lately.)

Yes, it appears to be wheat toast with cheese sauce. Frozen.

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Topped with an egg.

Served with fries.

Bon appétit

Would.

That looks gross but when you describe it, it's like the perfect hangover food.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

e: and while we are looking at healthy dishes from around the Channel:

The local favorite; the "mitraillette" (machinegun).

Basically the most fries you can stuff in a sandwich, plus your favorite fried processed meat and hydrogenated oil mix called "sauce".

Would so loving fast.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

blunt for century posted:

I'd need to be liquored up first, but

It's called a Welsh for a reason

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It was also supposedly once the kind of food you ate late at night if you wanted to give yourself freaky nightmares.

http://www.comicstriplibrary.org/browse/results?author=2

"Dream of the Rarebit Fiend" :dance:

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Pyrotoad posted:

What about chocolate with popping candy in it?

:frogout:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hirayuki posted:

And Stouffer's even makes that here in the States! (Though I think it must be hard to find. I remember seeing it here and there when I was a kid, but not lately.)

Yes, it appears to be wheat toast with cheese sauce. Frozen.

I bought this out of sheer curiosity once and could never bring myself to actually eat it. I'm pretty sure it was abandoned in a fridge several apartments ago

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

NotAnArtist posted:

It's called a Welsh for a reason

I don't see anybody humping a sheep, so I don't get it :colbert:

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

I bought this out of sheer curiosity once and could never bring myself to actually eat it. I'm pretty sure it was abandoned in a fridge several apartments ago
I have the sneaking suspicion that I did the same thing. :ohdear:

I know for sure there's a tin of Spam in my parents' fridge that my best friend gave me no later than 1991. :gonk:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Hirayuki posted:

I know for sure there's a tin of Spam in my parents' fridge that my best friend gave me no later than 1991. :gonk:

Spam isn't scary, it's just incredibly bland and very salty.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Let's see, it has grains, fruit, veggies, protein, dairy. The perfect nutritious meal! :downs:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Dammit I can't make a "There is milk in chocolate cake, there are eggs in chocolate cake" reference anymore. :smith:

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe

Picnic Princess posted:

Let's see, it has grains, fruit, veggies, protein, dairy. The perfect nutritious meal! :downs:

I had a friend who thought pizza was healthy for this reason.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

olaf2022 posted:

I had a friend who thought pizza was healthy for this reason.

Pizza is healthy. Nothing about pizza is unhealthy unless you cram it in your face by pounds you fat gently caress.

I exist to say this to people.

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe
ok :biotruths:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tiggum posted:

Bland is never a word I've heard used to describe Spam.

I do like a bit of spam from time to time, once or twice a year. Nostalgia, mostly, but I do enjoy it. I think it is quite a strong flavor.

OutsideAngel
May 4, 2008
"Bland" is wrong, Spam is way super intensely salty (which is why I love it, especially over white rice) and has a very distinctive "pork anus" flavor...

..but it is very "samey" in that it always tastes like a mouthful of bacon grease and kosher salt on its own.

"Raw" Spam is gag-worthy and has a terrible texture, a lot like eating cold nutriloaf. Fried up Spam is super crispy and greasy and savory, and makes the best topper for some eggs and rice to complete the PERFECT hangover breakfast. It's like doubling- nay, tripling down on the bacon, plus a big scoop of simple carbs to get going.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

OutsideAngel posted:

and has a very distinctive "pork anus" flavor...

It tastes like calamari rings?

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Tiggum posted:

I've had Spam since, and no, it wasn't scary. Spam from 1991, however...

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Can't entirely discount spam because if you batter and fry them, you get the best food on earth, spam fritters.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Lovely spam, wonderful spam spam spam spam.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Vic posted:

Pizza is healthy. Nothing about pizza is unhealthy unless you cram it in your face by pounds you fat gently caress.

Depends on the pizza.

Trent posted:

Bland is never a word I've heard used to describe Spam.

I do like a bit of spam from time to time, once or twice a year. Nostalgia, mostly, but I do enjoy it. I think it is quite a strong flavor.
I bought some last year to try it and found that, other than salt, it really didn't taste of much at all. :shrug:

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Vic posted:

Pizza has a ton of bad carbs unless you get some special flour for the dough. It's like eating white bread with some veggies and cheese added. It's not AWFUL for you but far from good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

It tastes like calamari rings?

Someone told me about that urban legend with a straight face and total sincerity, and I had no idea how to respond.

I'm gonna start a "popular food X is secretly made of awful thing!" urban myth.

You know Wyler's bouillon cubes? They're made of dried and compressed cow farts. If you look at the label, it doesn't say "Ingredients: cow farts" because they exploited a loophole in the FDA's rules about disclosing non-food ingredients.

• Locked thread