Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

I'm untouchable thanks to these pills.

pointlessone posted:

It's best not to question the thin veneer of plot that drives hidden object games. That said, if you guys have never played the Lucasarts adventure games, I'd love to see you drunkenly stagger through Escape from Monkey Island (the worst monkey island)

I've thought about doing games like that, but they're a little too wordy. We did the Telltale Walking Dead game a long time ago and it was a bad fit since it's so wordy. We hardly ever know what's going on in the game. BUT MAYBE.

HERES SOME MORE SLOP FOR YOU PIGS AT THE HOG GAMES

If any French Canadians are watching, get a life you phony assholes. Also Eric and I peel back the curtain on our own game shames. Oh also we beat the game with absolutely no cheating whatsoever.

Gotta get it!

We're starting my new LP next week and it's gonna be... probably a long one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

They aren't even pliers...it's a nutcracker. :laffo:

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

oldskool posted:

They aren't even pliers...it's a nutcracker. :laffo:

That game is genuine bullshit and we all hate it and we all hate Eric for making us play it.

So I got Souls 3 and I only played it a few hours before I got pissed off and decided to take a break. Here are my first impressions:

It plays a lot more like 1 than 2 did, which I like. It feels a little less video-gamey and more like you're in a fight. 2 has always felt a little less natural to me. 3 captures that sandbox feel where you're just sorta dumped in and have a bunch of places to run around and look at, which I like. I haven't gotten too far, to be honest, because I've started over like 3 times and I had some TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES arise.

About half a dozen things have made me gasp or laugh out loud, and I have yelled "THIS IS loving BULLSHIT" at my TV exactly one time before I decided it was time to give it a rest.

If you guys are on Steam and want to watch me play, I'm samu3lk on there as well and I always have broadcasting open. I took the week off so I could play this game all week without interruption. I might do an LP of this game at some point but....

I'm starting recording a different one on Friday.

STAY TUNED.

Akogare Zephyr
Apr 29, 2013

Is this a descendant of Sakura Bedsor?! Count me in!

Dark Souls 3 has been having quite a few issues even before it's release and from what I understand there are still some patches to come to fix some things. So you're not the only one experiencing problems with the game.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Akogare Zephyr posted:

Is this a descendant of Sakura Bedsor?! Count me in!

Yes. In Dark Souls 2, I played as Sakura Bedsor Jr.

Dark Souls 3 stars Sakura Jr's daughter Snakura Besor, or just Snake for short. This is all official Dark Souls lore and I'm sorry if I spoiled it for you.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
RIP B.U.D., also your friend sounds like a demon when he whispers.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

C-Euro posted:

RIP B.U.D., also your friend sounds like a demon when he whispers.
You should hear him when he burps.

Hey everybody, look at that. The thread title changed. Looks like a new LP began. Let's play Frankenstein: Master of Death!

I'm not sure exactly how this thread became us getting drunk and playing lovely hidden object games, but it did. Sorry. Watch out for snakes!

Speaking of snakes, Eric updated the other LP we're doing here this week:

Let's clean this apartment... permanently.

Coming soon: More Knight Crawlers and also I think in this episode Mallory says another LP we're going to start and spoiled the surprise for everybody because she's trash and I hate her.

THANKS!

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I don't know how you guys keep finding these hidden object games but I hope you never stop :allears:

...you are terrified of a snake when it's outside sitting on a key, but two minutes later after you're in the shed you're A-OK phasing a snake out of existence, and THIS is the better written game?

& the funky box wasn't a trial and error puzzle, the VOOVOV was the order in which you push the triangle/circle buttons to open it....because when you build a fancy box with a six-button code to unlock it the best course of action is to carve the password into a shelf directly next to it :psyduck:

StupidSexyMothman fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Apr 19, 2016

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

oldskool posted:

I don't know how you guys keep finding these hidden object games but I hope you never stop :allears:

& the funky box wasn't a trial and error puzzle, the VOOVOV was the order in which you push the triangle/circle buttons to open it....because when you build a fancy box with a six-button code to unlock it the best course of action is to carve the password into a shelf directly next to it :psyduck:

We mostly buy them for each other as jokes during Steam sales.

Also it says a lot for the integrity of the puzzles in a game of the player misses the hint and figures it out through trial and error in a few seconds anyway.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

BOTH MYSTERIES CONTINUE TODAY.

Pizza and corn or pizza and salad? Your move, dirtbag!

Cats ask for it by name.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Let's get this Angelica Weaver poo poo over with, shall we?

The end!

Also let's continue to embarrass ourselves with some more Frankenstein.

The One with the Monkey

In semi-related news, I beat Dark Souls 3 a little while ago and my stomach feels funny. What a hell of a game.

samu3lk fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Apr 27, 2016

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

samu3lk posted:

In semi-related news, I beat Dark Souls 3 a little while ago and my stomach feels funny. What a hell of a game.

It's good

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

All hail Mallory, puzzle savant!

e: "Why wouldn't we have a monkey?" :laffo:

Akogare Zephyr
Apr 29, 2013

What a twist? with Angelica Weaver. I mean, of course that would be a thing in that game. Frankenstein has entertaining bits I suppose though. The sound design is all over the place and normally it would probably be jarring, but I just giggle at it. Probably not the reaction they're hoping for.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Hey gang. We finished Angelica Weaver, so what do we do now? We start a new lovely game, this time made for actual children.

y o u w i l l f i n d a s m a l l r o c k i n t h e w o o d s

Also let's get depressing and play some Frankenstein.

Upon reflection we sound more like Jesse "The Body" Ventura.

Ding ding thanks for watching. Sorry we've been a bit slow, but I've been doing a lot of this kinda stuff lately.

samu3lk fucked around with this message at 03:39 on May 4, 2016

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Gotta have the bottle for drinking, good lord what a lovely puzzle.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

oldskool posted:

Gotta have the bottle for drinking, good lord what a lovely puzzle.

You ain't seen nothin' yet.

Hey gang. We finished Angelica Weaver, so what do we do now? We start a new lovely game, this time made for actual children.

i t m u s t s h o o t t h e t h r e e o t h e r a n i m a l s

AND FRANKENSTEIN IS DONE

Any video game that ends with a Frankenstein fist fight is okay in my book.

So I'm going to start Sinister City sometime soon. I'm sorry everybody. One day we'll get back to playing real video games.

Oh and here's another video of a stream we did where Eric and I babble about poo poo while I play Dark Souls 3.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

More Teddy and a NEW GAME WOW OW WOW.

t h r e e s e r p e n t s c u r s e t h e i r g o d

This game is not what I expected.

Can we just have one LP where things don't get all hosed up from the start and remain that way the whole time??

We also decided on the next real game we're going to play so STAY TUNED.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

It's beauuuutiful :syoon:

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

oldskool posted:

It's beauuuutiful :syoon:

Holy poo poo, this made our day hahaha. ADDED TO THE FAN ART POST!!

Also, it was pointed out to me by my friend Danny that I put the wrong video up yesterday for Sinister City my bad.

Here's the real one.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

The first video was just a teaser for the actual game, where it only lasts a few seconds and then inexplicably closes.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

So uh. Let's do it again.

I've played Souls 1 several times since the end of the main LP and watched a few LP's and now I'm going to take you on a guided tour of Lordran. Super casual, just me talking to myself. I might have the usual assholes show up, but no promises. I'm recording these just whenever and if somebody wants to jump in, we'll do it.

Eric's working on more Teddy and we're probably going to start the new MAIN THREAD LP THIS WEEK???? Whatever.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

These probably won't come out at such a fevered pace in the future, but I did record 6 episodes over the last 2 days. I'm also livestreaming them, so if you want to be in the stream, you can find me talking about it on my Twitter. I'll mention it a few times during the day and say when I'll get started if I'm going to do one.

Some goofing around in Firelink Shrine, Undead Burg, and beyond.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

More Dark Souls. We started recording the new LP and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I might post the first one later, but there's not a lot to say about this game unfortunately... maybe we'll skip it? I DUNNO.

Killing the Taurus Demon and wandering around forgetting where to go. Despite the fact that this is my "definitive" Dark Souls LP where I "know what I'm doing," I sure as poo poo don't know what I'm doing.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Where's my Teddy Floppyear dammit :argh:

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

C-Euro posted:

Where's my Teddy Floppyear dammit :argh:

Eric's editing it. He's up to something. He's been teasing me with it too.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Falling into the same trap we fell in with the first Dark Souls LP: I'm recording faster than I can post videos. Here's another one.

Let's do an actual speed run trick, gently caress around with equipment loads, and make a decision that will forever alter the character of Leorcus Guge.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Eric finally finished Teddy. He also posted this weird bonus video that I don't remember recording.- I hope you guys are ready for this, because I don't think I was.

w e n e e d a cord c a n w i n t h e l o r d

o j e s t m ó j w u j e k

I talk to Eric almost every day, and I haven't seen him since he posted that last video. I just got a message from him on Skype that said "I'm sorry". Weird.

Ah well here's some more Dark Souls Again!

In this one we go fight the gargoyles and we learn about the pinkies.

Oh and here's a Vine I made of a raccoon crawling into a sewer.

samu3lk fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jun 14, 2016

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

I've been slacking off. I'm uploading the next like 4 sessions over night tonight so get ready for some fuckin' VIDEOS YOU CLOWNS.

I started this LP to show how I learned a lot from my blind run and subsequent runs. I proceed to die to Havel about 200 times in a row. So I learned nothing.

Eric is returning in the next video and then I think there's some with a lot of us in it??? poo poo I keep recording these and not posting them SORRY.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Everybody ready for a new LP? Everybody ready for more Hog Games?

Please don't touch anything on the table while I'm working.

Just a spoiler, I told Eric a couple weeks ago "If we record any more Alex Hunter I am going to kill myself."

Eric and I run around in a filthy sewer and kill some rats and slimes and big ladies eating raw meat like animals. Oh yeah and we also lost a video due to audio problems sorry.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Oh hey guys. Dark Souls.

Eric's audio gets hosed up at like 16 minutes in. I'm so sorry. I blame Eric and I really hate him for doing this to you, and most of all I hate him for doing this to me.

Let's do another one.

Praise the Lord! It's go dig around in Blighttown. Then get distracted messing around elsewhere for a while. Then go back to Blighttown. Not a lot has changed from the blind LP, has it?

I got kinda distracted drawing all the time and playing other video games but I'm making myself get back into a regular updating schedule. Eric's working more on the Alex Hunter game videos where we get absolutely loving loopy with how bad that game is.

SORRY. WE ARE BACK.

samu3lk fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jul 30, 2016

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

I'm uploading more Dark Souls as we speak. In the meantime, I'm doing another thing.

Let's Stream Hyper Light Drifter! - Part 1: "Are Foxes Dogs!?"

I streamed HLD again tonight and that video should be done processing by morning if you want to jump on that.

Gonna take a break on recording Dark Souls for a while because the backlog is out of control. Instead on Fridays, I'll be streaming stuff, videos of which will show up in their entirety on the day they're recorded. We'll do most of them Fridays at around 7:30 and the usual gang of idiots will be with me. I'll post on on my Twitter when I'm going to be doing odd ones throughout the week if you guys want to show up.

THANKS.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Here's Part 2 of Hyper Light Drifter.

Let's Stream Hyper Light Drifter! - Part 2: "Drama in the Chat"
Chaos abounds as we explore a new area, fight birds, fight ninjas, fight lizards, fight whatever comes out way. Maybe a frog?? Also I give various people in my chat mod privileges so they can gently caress with each other.

Next stream is going to be on Friday.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

I'm doing a new thing because I'm burned out on Dark Souls.

I'm just playing everything on Steam in alphabetical order one by one. The rules are simple. I cannot skip a game unless I've played it a significant amount of time or I've beaten it. I play the game until I am "done" with it, meaning until I can't stand it anymore or until I beat it.

I'm not making the banner for the first game. It was called 1000 Amps. You can watch the video HERE. It's only like 10 minutes. Game was okay.

Let's Play Alan Wake! - Part 1: "Spaghetti"

I'm going to play this one a little longer because I actually like it. It's really cheesy and kinda stupid.

More Hyper Light Drifter coming soon too I forgot to upload it whoops sorry everybody honk honk.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Let's Play Alan Wake! - Part 2: "Maurice"

This is still going on. Maybe one day I'll post more Dark Souls. Who even cares anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

Oh hey for those of you still following this dumpster fire, I started a new thread.

• Locked thread