Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Nessa posted:

I sometimes wonder why they don't make the hoarder sit down and make a list of objects they want to keep on these hoarder shows. Many times, they have so much stuff that they don't even know what's in some of the rooms because they haven't been able to go into those rooms in years.

If they made a list of the stuff they can actually remember, then those are clearly the items that are most important. Your mother's lace tablecloth is going to be more important than a lamp you picked up at a garage sale or a bag of old paper clips. If you can't remember that you have it, then it's not worth keeping and you won't miss it.

they aern't idiots, they would see through this obvious trick and just say "nah, i'll go through it and pick out what i want, i don't want to forget anything by mistake"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
They're addicts. They're not going to get better unless they want to. I have sympathy for them up to the point they become harmful to others including pets. Then gently caress them and their pile of trash. Enabling them is a terrible idea for everyone involved.

bikesonyx
Oct 9, 2014

YES!

Huge Lady Pleaser
Jun 17, 2005

hello how r u doing im just looking for ppl 2 chill wit relax go out n have funn if ur looking for da same thing hit me up
Nap Ghost
Never have I ever before cleaned my apartment like I just did while watching Hoarders.

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:

laserghost posted:

After two hours spent climbing through junk and debris the body of Harry was found lying among boxes and trash. However, his younger brother was nowhere to be seen.

A massive hunt was launched, with the authorities searching places as far away as Atlantic City in a bid to find the missing brother.

However, three weeks later it dawned on them he had been under their noses all along, according to Unclutterer.

The body of Marv was found just ten feet away from where his older brother had died, but he was buried under tons of debris.

The authorities discovered that Marv had actually been the first to die, killed by one of the many booby-traps Kevin had set up to deter outsiders from coming inside house of junk.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
How the gently caress would they get the chassis to a Model T into an apartment?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Germstore posted:

How the gently caress would they get the chassis to a Model T into an apartment?

Well a fully assembled model t is about as wide as a full mattress...

naem
May 29, 2011

Huge Lady Pleaser posted:

Never have I ever before cleaned my apartment like I just did while watching Hoarders.

Same thanks thread

bikesonyx
Oct 9, 2014

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I like how that microwave is positioned like it's supposed to be a TV or something. I just picture some weirdo sitting in that pile of garbage, staring at it for hours.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

FIRST TIME posted:

I like how that microwave is positioned like it's supposed to be a TV or something. I just picture some weirdo sitting in that pile of garbage, staring at it for hours.

drat, reruns again.

Huge Lady Pleaser
Jun 17, 2005

hello how r u doing im just looking for ppl 2 chill wit relax go out n have funn if ur looking for da same thing hit me up
Nap Ghost
God drat I am watching the episode of hoarders with the lady that freezes her dead cats. She has 75-100 frozen cats in her fridge a long with food that she eats.

I am going to go pet my cat :(

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)

God drat I am watching the episode of hoarders with the lady that freezes her dead cats. She has 75-100 frozen cats in her fridge a long with food that she eats.

God, I remember that episode. The fridge cats were so horrifying. At least freezer cats are frozen! But meat in the fridge eventually goes bad! I'll never forget the cat goop they found at the bottom of the fridge. You know how if you forget about vegetables in the crisper, they can end up as gross veggie goop by the time you find them? Yeah. Except with cats.

If I'm thinking of the right episode, that woman barely had anything in her house. It was mostly just a matter of scraping cat poo poo off of every surface, replacing the cat fridge, and getting that poor woman some psychiatric care, because jesus.

General Tofu
Nov 20, 2014

by Lowtax

You are a good man, sir.

I used to play this with my friends on AIM-- I love this game. Making it in the format of an I Spy book is genius!

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

The only non-anime objects in this photo are three remote controls and a box of tissues.

General Tofu
Nov 20, 2014

by Lowtax
The one thing I do like about these anime rooms is that they're very colorful.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
It doesn't count as hoarding if there's no piles or stacks on the floor.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

This is a "retirement fund"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

you were warned posted:

God, I remember that episode. The fridge cats were so horrifying. At least freezer cats are frozen! But meat in the fridge eventually goes bad! I'll never forget the cat goop they found at the bottom of the fridge. You know how if you forget about vegetables in the crisper, they can end up as gross veggie goop by the time you find them? Yeah. Except with cats.

what

yeah so

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Code Jockey posted:

what

yeah so

Pet your cats, do it. Show them how much you love them. Never let them go. :twisted:

Part of Everything
Feb 1, 2005

He clenched his teeh and walked out of the study

deadly_pudding posted:

My girlfriend has hella hoarders on her mom's side of the family, including animal hoarders. We've avoided visiting any of them in their own homes :v:

Thankfully, the gene or whatever seems to have skipped her mom and her. But hey, if you need like way too many sugar gliders, her cousin "breeds" (hoards) them.

What is even a sugar glider anyway? I've seen one a couple times and all I saw was an uncontrollably trembling made in China claw machine plush.

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Don't care about the hoarders, but when there's kids suffering as a result of some douche its hard to watch. The guy weeps reading out the letters his kids wrote to him about how they don't want to sleep on piles of festering poo poo, and then refuses to throw away piles of newspapers unless he can scan them. gently caress.

Tyrannosword
Sep 15, 2006

Fallen Rib

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

lol check out the nuts in the top right

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Part of Everything posted:

What is even a sugar glider anyway? I've seen one a couple times and all I saw was an uncontrollably trembling made in China claw machine plush.

It's like a flying squirrel or something? But kinda more chipmunk looking.

Anyway, because she's got gross hoarders in her family, I have to watch this show clandestinely, because otherwise she refuses to be in the room :v: I loving love Hoarders, though, because it is like mainlining schadenfreude into my gross brain.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

social vegan posted:

lmao

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

peanut posted:

This is a "retirement fund"

This is the best thing. :golfclap:

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
My mom always watched those Hoarder shows whenever they came on, so I sent these to her. She enjoyed them a little too much.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

social vegan posted:

Hoarding possessions in a nutsack is the only way to live (if you want to get your stuff off the floor).

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Wulfolme posted:

My mom always watched those Hoarder shows whenever they came on, so I sent these to her. She enjoyed them a little too much.

i create every thread w mom intent

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Aw that's just mean. It's old timey poverty.

I hope at least one of these guys noticed the giant ball sack and had a guffaw about it though.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

lol

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

deadly_pudding posted:

It's like a flying squirrel or something? But kinda more chipmunk looking.

They're technically in a different family than squirrels. But I don't know which one

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Part of Everything posted:

My friend, have you tried Google? :classiclol:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

getting banned made this dude realize he was a waste of space and he got his poo poo together and went to classes and got his kid back

a good story

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Rutibex posted:

the best hoarders eps are when they clean up the mess only to find years of neglect have made the house structurally unsound and it gets condemned anyway. lol owned

i like the one where they go in the attic and realize the only support in the room is a fuckin 4x4

also the one where they have to just throw everything out in hazmat bags and the lady is pitching a fit and the head cleaner guy just snaps and yells at her

which he did a lot

Amber Atkins Again
Sep 10, 2014

If they ask you to take your top off, get the money first.
One of the regular clean up guys on Hoarders said something that has always stuck with me: "we're all 4-5 decisions away from making GBS threads in a bucket." I thought that was interesting.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Amber Atkins Again posted:

One of the regular clean up guys on Hoarders said something that has always stuck with me: "we're all 4-5 decisions away from making GBS threads in a bucket." I thought that was interesting.

It's always that last decision, "should I poo poo in a bucket" that I can't imagine/sympathize with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amber Atkins Again
Sep 10, 2014

If they ask you to take your top off, get the money first.

Blistex posted:

It's always that last decision, "should I poo poo in a bucket" that I can't imagine/sympathize with.

Sorry, I think the context was more along the lines of someone loses a job, a loved one, illness, etc.

• Locked thread