Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

toddy. posted:

I hope I can avenge Malyrogue at some point. Malygos' name will be imprinted in the pantheon of LP subforum Hearthstone history.

not if i have anything to say about it. we goin' straight aggro now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
The music feels really loud and annoying in the last one, is it just me?
Still, that Shaman x Rogue was awesome.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Nov 10, 2015

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

It didn't bother me. Also, you guys host a way more exciting tournament than anything official Blizzard has made.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

Just quotin this for the new page

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

anilEhilated posted:

The music feels really loud and annoying in the last one, is it just me?
Still, that Shaman x Rogue was awesome.

It's just you.

God drat there were some real clenchers in there. Drawstone is real.

Stardunk
Jan 19, 2009
Pins: apparently my email to you bounced back to me just now from a while ago with my decks in it, please advise!

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

Stardunk posted:

Pins: apparently my email to you bounced back to me just now from a while ago with my decks in it, please advise!

i have them, idk why it did that but i have the email in front of me right now.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
okay so, the next match were gonna want to do is CountZio Vs. Sythe2o0! Sythe get to me with some good times to do the match and i'll work with Zio to set something up! (:

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~

Boss Wiggler posted:

not if i have anything to say about it. we goin' straight aggro now.

The joy of face hunter with toddy.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

toddy. posted:

The joy of face hunter with toddy.

lol just kidding I don't do agro. I do midrange and control only. (Control decks let me show off my flashy legends)

GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

Honestly, I don't know what I want to put here, so I'm going with this.
...I think I should actually submit my decks now; sorry for any delay. I have one deck pretty much set, and I'll get to compiling the other two...probably right now.

Sythe2o0
Mar 30, 2010

Boss Wiggler posted:

okay so, the next match were gonna want to do is CountZio Vs. Sythe2o0! Sythe get to me with some good times to do the match and i'll work with Zio to set something up! (:

Hey so battle.net is crap about actually remembering things people said and I don't want what I said to get lost in traffic again so here's what I said: not friday or saturday evening, after 5:00 CST.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

Sythe2o0 posted:

Hey so battle.net is crap about actually remembering things people said and I don't want what I said to get lost in traffic again so here's what I said: not friday or saturday evening, after 5:00 CST.

does tonight work? cause we could just get this goin in a few hours

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Pins

How could you betray the pirates

Pins why

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

Tin Tim posted:

Pins

How could you betray the pirates

Pins why

you will never catch me playing warlock in this tournament. I'm really bad at it

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
Round 2 Match 3 - CountZio Vs. Sythe2o0

CountZio Decks: 123
Sythe2o0 Decks: 123

I810BUX
Aug 10, 2007

Cheesu~~
Zio I love you please don't be mad, also do you want to borrow my mom's credit card so you can buy some arcane intellects and maybe some patrons because it felt like you needed them.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

But... Arcane Intellect is a basic card. :confused:

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

Rather Watch Them posted:

But... Arcane Intellect is a basic card. :confused:

I can't speak for rotationsurgeon but, I think that's the joke.

Edit: that or he's dumb. You can never really be too sure with that guy

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
I suppose it should go without saying however, when losers round 1 starts (which is the next set of matches after we finish winners side round 2) all cards are legal. What I mean is that you can play cards from League of Explorers (if you really want to i guess, the starting cards aren't really that great...)

Edit: as for what's next, I'd really like to do Benach Vs. PersonMan! So Benach if you could hit me up with some good times this week we can get this rollin

Pins fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Nov 12, 2015

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Boss Wiggler posted:

I suppose it should go without saying however, when losers round 1 starts (which is the next set of matches after we finish winners side round 2) all cards are legal. What I mean is that you can play cards from League of Explorers (if you really want to i guess, the starting cards aren't really that great...)

Speaking of, I'm free tonight after 7 for my match.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

BlueArmyMan posted:

Speaking of, I'm free tonight after 7 for my match.

This works too! If ScurvyKip is available we can knock this one out as well (:

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
Sythe's priest list is a similar control priest to the ones players like Amaz are well known for running. It's a slight oldschool build because it's running zero copies of lightbomb but aside from that it's pretty OG.

Also Zio's decision to run counterspell over effigy is actually a really good idea in a tournament meta if people are considering running tempo mage.

Only one copy though they rarely fall for the second counterspell.

Sythe2o0
Mar 30, 2010
I don't think I actually have a copy of lightbomb. I was also pretty sure it was counterspell turn 4 game 1, but knew I had to break it sooner or later (my hand was basically all spells). I ran priest because I needed a deck to run the Ysera I pulled recently in, and I don't have the dragon priest cards. Plus running current meta decks with fancy new cards is lame.

countzio
Jan 30, 2014

Boss Wiggler posted:

Either way, he sucks, I hate him and I'm going to kick him in the dick to fill the void in my heart left by losing at some card game.

EDIT: Also, my one regret was never playing the golden Leeroy in my Hunter deck.

countzio fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Nov 13, 2015

Seedy Wizard
Feb 17, 2011

who wants a
body massage
Dog drat it Rotating Horsepussy, you don't even like hearthstone you Lizard fucker.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

Seedy Wizard posted:

Dog drat it Rotating Horsepussy, you don't even like hearthstone you Lizard fucker.

I mean me either though so...

Benach
Aug 15, 2013

Boss Wiggler posted:

Edit: as for what's next, I'd really like to do Benach Vs. PersonMan! So Benach if you could hit me up with some good times this week we can get this rollin

I mentioned in the PM I sent, but I'm free any time Friday and Saturdays, and before 9pm EST from Sunday to Thursday. Currently sleeping until 7pm, so I'd appreciate a day or two warning if it needs to be earlier.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

I appreciate it that someone tried face warrior

Shame about that draw

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

this isnt personal but zio im glad you lost cause it means i wont have to fight someone who runs face hunter

unless i lose too

but lets not live in that world

when do i get to fight

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
alright i did it. i spent more money. minus the 33 League of Explorers cards not even available yet im missing 7. that's right. 7

Pins fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Nov 16, 2015

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

u have a problem...

...and that problem is that you're still short of a complete collection!!!

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

So do you plan on showing each card at least once in this tournament by way of Reno fatigue decks?

I810BUX
Aug 10, 2007

Cheesu~~

Boss Wiggler posted:

Son I played mage in beta don't even.

Also if it makes you feel better zio you got hosed on the draws in that facehunter game, I would've pegged you for the win if not for that.

Also Seedy does anyone actually like cardstone or do they just tolerate it because wizards of the coast can't make an online version of magic to save their lives?

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
Round 2 Match 4 - Blue Army Many Vs. ScurvyKip

BlueArmyMan Dicks: 123
ScurvyKip Dicks: 123

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
I was so pissed at the RNG in Game 2. No spell damage totems, low end of the Crackles and Lightning Storms.

I was shocked as poo poo to see a Murloc Paladin, too.

I was seriously considering running the Rogue list for Game 3, but I figured that was my deck most likely to win, and wanted to save it for last, so I ran Shaman back.

EDIT: Oh wow, yeah, last game was a total missed lethal on my part. I was trying to play it safe and control the board, didn't do the math properly at all.

In my defense, it was around 1:00 a.m., and I had done two Accounting homework assignments before that, so my math wasn't super sharp :v:

BlueArmyMan fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Nov 17, 2015

ScurvyKip
May 15, 2009

Look Rubedo, I'm free!
That misplay in that last match, ughhhhhhhhh.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
The silver bullet that murloc paladin list needed were two golden murloc tinyfins, which I'm assuming everyone is crafting come the unlock of that LoE wing. I hopefully will.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
OP Updated to reflect my thoughts about league of explorers

edit:

Pins fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Nov 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
I'm okay with going 2-3 in the Arena when this is in my winnings: