Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Zaggitz posted:

is this as lovely as Zelda warriors to 100%? i love warriors and dq but the rank requirements for Hyrule Musou were the most unchill thing ever.

It's a pretty simple affair, spent a little over a week doing it. My love for Dragon Quest stretches deep and wide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Policenaut posted:

It's a pretty simple affair, spent a little over a week doing it. My love for Dragon Quest stretches deep and wide.

dats a lot of clapping holy moly her poor hands

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Does this game really mute the music when you stream off of PS4?

Also I am loving Dragon Quest VI. It's really brutal compared to V so far and I'm all about that.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

VI DS has a fully fledged post game with some crazy boss fights and a really elaborate job system that doesn't unlock until like 15 hours in lol. It's a huge game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I haven't touched DQH in a while...need to save Medea from a scoundrel in this town of criminal scum

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

VI DS has a fully fledged post game with some crazy boss fights and a really elaborate job system that doesn't unlock until like 15 hours in lol. It's a huge game

Just unlocked vocations after 9 or so hours of adventuring. This system looks really awesome, and right now I am wandering around the world on a boat looking for things to do without any direction. It rules. So far I've found mermaids that run away from me and a weird dude dragging a coffin around.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Just unlocked vocations after 9 or so hours of adventuring. This system looks really awesome, and right now I am wandering around the world on a boat looking for things to do without any direction. It rules. So far I've found mermaids that run away from me and a weird dude dragging a coffin around.

It's really open ended compared to the previous games which I loved. Just wandering around on a boat and checking things out. Good adventurefeel

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

This game has looong bosses. I think I'm in love.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was loving DQVIII but some reason my TV is now emitting a constant barely audible high pitched whistling and it's driving me absolutely insane

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

I was loving DQVIII but some reason my TV is now emitting a constant barely audible high pitched whistling and it's driving me absolutely insane

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm playing with the BGM off and it feels very sad.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i'm on the pillar of light and things feel like they are ramping up to a climax. I hope there's a ton more missions because i'm having too much fun for it to be over any time soon.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I'm playing with the BGM off and it feels very sad.

You need to see a priest for confession.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

You need to see a priest for confession.

I turned it back on pretty quick and conditioned myself to ignore the screech. I'll have to live with it for another 60 hours anyway

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Angelo gets like, no skill points. Useless clown.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Angelo gets like, no skill points. Useless clown.

everyoe (naturally) gets 350 skill points iirc but every one gets different amnts at lvl up.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I told Amos the truth then saved. This is hosed up.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
dragon quest heroes is fun as hell!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Turn your TV on.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
the music is a+, business as usual for dragon quest

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
At the World Tree levels now... I was thinking about getting the 3DS DQ games when they came out anyways but this game confirmed my decision.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I've seen so many people here talk about how cool DQVIII is and soon there'll be a portable version of it... I'm excited.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I've seen so many people here talk about how cool DQVIII is and soon there'll be a portable version of it... I'm excited.

It's the greatest game of all time.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

i can't wait and i pray the Goddess every day that it has a simultaneous NA/EU release

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

having DQ8 release in NA with a TBD release for EU would kill me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well first it would have to be announced for the west, period

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

i was gonna ask my friend for his copy again, but now i just gotta get a 3ds.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Praise heaven for true-hearted maidens!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Picked this up again to take a break from DQVIII

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I just picked this up today after getting my paycheck, whats the difference between slick and quick controls.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zaggitz posted:

I just picked this up today after getting my paycheck, whats the difference between slick and quick controls.

Slick means you get to actually play the game, quick means the ony button you can push is square and I don't know why anybody would ever play with Quick.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

In Training posted:

Slick means you get to actually play the game, quick means the ony button you can push is square and I don't know why anybody would ever play with Quick.

gross thanks for the heads up, slick it is

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

This game is hella cool. Alena rules.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This game is coming out on PC :staredog:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

Oh my loving God.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

In Training posted:

yessssssss

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I am stuck on a mission btw...tricky stuff with the one with the respawning turret and guarding like 7 lanes at once, one of which is a swamp (dramatically reduced movement) and your party makeup is partially decided for you and it's a very low level character since I haven't used them (hate when games do this)

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training posted:

I'm glad PC gamers can get in on the action. This game is simply win.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

Yes!!!!! Yes!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Dragon Quest Heroes for PC, and we're getting the 3DS ports of 7 and 8 in English too?

Today's a good day to be a Dragon Quest fan.

• Locked thread