Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

gamers love social sims

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

gamers love social sims

i love to dress up my dolls and make them kiss

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
if i can't change noctis's, prompt's, ingis's , and frenulum's outfits in ff15 i will scream

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

if i can't change noctis's, prompt's, ingis's , and frenulum's outfits in ff15 i will scream

me2. i always liked when i could see new armour and weapons and stuff on my characters as a kid

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I started over my revelations file on casual instead of classic and ever since I did I havent lost a unit and started beating the levels I was stuck on 😒

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

I started over my revelations file on casual instead of classic and ever since I did I havent lost a unit and started beating the levels I was stuck on 😒

uh you can change difficulty at the dragons gate dude , unless u already lost a bunch o f dueds

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

uh you can change difficulty at the dragons gate dude , unless u already lost a bunch o f dueds

I still haven't beat the tutorial levels on lunatic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chapter 3 took me 26 turns but I did it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's cool that the first time you see your mom in this game is a close up shot of her boobs

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

It's cool that the first time you see your mom in this game is a close up shot of her boobs

/me shoots the cucking xbones s in the treehouse with an awp

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Now that I'm actually playing revelations it seems cool. Immediately the maps seem like weird half finished ideas in between reused so I think this campaign is gonna be cool, better than Birthright but worse than Conquest. Lunatic mode is freaking hard as well but very fun. Forget how fun it is to start planning who everyone is gonna marry and what kids I want and how many heart/partner seals I need

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Playing this game on lunatic makes every map take 30+ turns and it's awesomely frightening

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Beat the wind tribe level on lunatic. god that was harrowing.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
im starting revelations soonish . i want the second map pack dlc too cos it has a storyline for the kid units

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Revelations is kinda not great, to be honest. The further I get in it gets more obvious that they didn't rebalance any of the units for when you recruit them. 90% of the time they're severely under leveled for the map you get them and grinding is required. Idk if it's because I'm on lunatic or what though. I got 4 new units before the wind tribe chapter and just starting the next level they all did 0 damage to every single enemy. It was annoying I had to do like 5 side maps for them to do even 1 damage per attack and not die in a single shot to every enemy

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

In Training posted:

Revelations is kinda not great, to be honest. The further I get in it gets more obvious that they didn't rebalance any of the units for when you recruit them. 90% of the time they're severely under leveled for the map you get them and grinding is required. Idk if it's because I'm on lunatic or what though. I got 4 new units before the wind tribe chapter and just starting the next level they all did 0 damage to every single enemy. It was annoying I had to do like 5 side maps for them to do even 1 damage per attack and not die in a single shot to every enemy

the most hosed up thing is that a lot of them are higher leveled, but they still hosed it up; effie comes two levels higher than before but with a total of +2 to her stats or something. its really bizarre honestly since silias comes as a super tanky level 18 cav right before xander and leo's retainers join basically at the same level they joined in conquest in a map of level 20/promoted guys.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
maybe they think their hardcore audience loves dlc grinding maps, and maybe its true

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

maybe they think their hardcore audience loves dlc grinding maps, and maybe its true

The SMTxFE DLC is nothing but XP and Gold grinding maps which made me lol. They were very true to that part of modern FE

Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

this is true to older FE games but probably not intentionally

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

The SMTxFE DLC is nothing but XP and Gold grinding maps which made me lol. They were very true to that part of modern FE

SMTIV has em too and I shamefully bought the one for App Points because I wanted to not worry about minmaxing those and I wanted to put points into some of the fun/useless looking ones instead of just exclusively doing skill slot+

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's insane that this is the only fire emblem thread I can find on this website or otherwise where people are actually talking about the game instead of making Hot or Not rankings .

revelations continues to surprise with weird half baked map ideas, which is cool. I now feel like this is an Official Romhack or the equivalent of Doom Episode 4 basically, it's a weird package. The castle building limit is close to topping out because they just give you every building from both sides and there's not enough room for them, and I'm going to be drowning in units by the time this game is done, since it seems they give you absolutely everybody and you can marry across games which is frightening

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i can give hot or not rankings

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

It's insane that this is the only fire emblem thread I can find on this website or otherwise where people are actually talking about the game instead of making Hot or Not rankings .

revelations continues to surprise with weird half baked map ideas, which is cool. I now feel like this is an Official Romhack or the equivalent of Doom Episode 4 basically, it's a weird package. The castle building limit is close to topping out because they just give you every building from both sides and there's not enough room for them, and I'm going to be drowning in units by the time this game is done, since it seems they give you absolutely everybody and you can marry across games which is frightening

Modern fire emblem fanbase ftw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hot: The Fire Tribe
Not: The Ice Tribe

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

nice

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
why do all the units in birthright start at like level 2

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i'm not going to use the hoshido prince archer guy to spite him for being a dingus in conquest

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

*nods once, slowly*

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i want to marry anna but her stage on lunatic is like 30 level 3 berzerkers agains me a guy with 20 level 2 units fuuuuuu

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i'm not going to use the hoshido prince archer guy to spite him for being a dingus in conquest

I used him instead of mozu archer to try and mix things up and he's good but not as good a Mozu. So what the gently caress.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

I used him instead of mozu archer to try and mix things up and he's good but not as good a Mozu. So what the gently caress.

i'm using spear mozu in birthright instead of archer mozu

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My star archer in Birthright was the blue haired girl who sounds like she's naked 24/7 and spends every support conversation falling into holes

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
idk why you would not use mozu since she's objectively the best unit in the game, except for maybe keanton/veloria (maybe breed mozu with keaton to make the ultimate unit ???

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's supposed to say baked not naked

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

My star archer in Birthright was the blue haired girl who sounds like she's naked 24/7 and spends every support conversation falling into holes

i might marry her to my mc instead of anna ??? decisions.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

idk why you would not use mozu since she's objectively the best unit in the game, except for maybe keanton/veloria (maybe breed mozu with keaton to make the ultimate unit ???

I was trying to make birthright a little harder. I didn't use any prepromotes either

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I accidentally married Corn to Felicia in revelations at like chapter 7 but whatever. I don't think I'll even use Kana in this file because there's way better units to pick from

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i'm playing it on lunatic but it doesn't seem that much harder (i'm only on stage 11 tho). the bosses have like 20 skills tho and there's a lot of ppl with spear catchers which is annoying since u get like 50 spear units. everyone starts at level 2 tho so i'm being forced to grind fuuu

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't even mind doing a challenge map or two with the lovely units in these games because the combat is still fun. Are you playing Lunatic Classic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
yes

• Locked thread