Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

GlyphGryph posted:

Can a Writhing Mass or Genetic Nightmare properly be called animals?

You mean like a Hyena?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

GlyphGryph posted:

Can a Writhing Mass or Genetic Nightmare properly be called animals?

They can be called Comrade.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

This is a liberal crime squad, where animals are people too and writhing abominations of science are animals.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
So if I remember right, the animals, mutants and easy access to heavy weaponry are the only advantages to starting at ultra-conservative right?

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Deceitful Penguin posted:

So if I remember right, the animals, mutants and easy access to heavy weaponry are the only advantages to starting at ultra-conservative right?
Death squads are around, and if you kill one their uniforms are great for interrogation.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
Also the sweatshops at C+ labor laws let you recruit hordes of naked foreigners at the press of a button.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
That may or may not be an actual advantage.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Foreigners and children make for a good, renewable, disposable army of gun toting foot soldiers, without having to grind persuasion on everyone. We might be seeing that strategy in play a litle later, after we secure our funding pathways and get enough recruits for our second batch of generals, depending on how the situation looks at the time

They can be really useful for carrying out a war with the CCS and Firemen without risking valuable personnel though

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

ah, I always wondered how neoliberalism started

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
If you like LCS, you might also like
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidden_Agenda_(video_game)

I think I'll probably start an LP of that after I finish this run.

GlyphGryph has issued a correction as of 20:43 on Dec 12, 2016

psy_wombats
Dec 1, 2009

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Sounds like we should give accelerationism a chance

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

psy_wombats posted:

Sounds like we should give accelerationism a chance

We already did.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
oh man i forgot about the "firemen" at c+

also the building names change at C+ to like TEMPLE OF WAR

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Ministry of Love if both free speech and capital punishment are C+

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

I will show off location names with tonights update

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The leader of the revolution should've been called Ernie Anders

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Phi230 posted:

The leader of the revolution should've been called Ernie Anders

No BS.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

GlyphGryph posted:

If you like LCS, you might also like
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidden_Agenda_(video_game)

I think I'll probably start an LP of that after I finish this run.
Goons managed to run one of those into a capitalist coup I think way back then

good stuff

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Things are moving quickly. First, we took a look around the city and marked off points of interest.

Then we did a little shopping

We bought a few weapons

PowerCrazy needed to get out of the hideout, so they went off to plaster our new slogan all over town... and get some practice blending in.

Meanwhile, Deceitful started recruiting

I did something that was stupid in hindsight.

But luckily there were no consequences. My heart was racing after the date went south - any interaction with a Deathsquad Officer has the chance of being fatal.

My date with a well known scientist...

didn't go any better.

And trying to get it on with a judge...

had me thinking about whether I was really doing the right thing, even after our short fling...

I gave up on dating, and instead focused on talking to some influential judges in the local court system. One of Deceit's recruits had an interesting plan, and it would require people on the inside. Speaking of which...

Meanwhile, deceitful picked his recruits. I'm not sure exactly what he had planned for two of the folks he hired - he was vague about it, and simple said they'd be helping with the "business" side of our enterprise.

They went out with him to cause some trouble, and then Rainbowbeard went and turned himself in to the police.

Well, he tried to. I think he may have said something wrong.

A second try had the desired result.

I did a few more things - nearly got caught stealing from the radio station, and ran into a Country Boy. That... is worrying.

The news continues to be as biased as ever. We'll have to do something about that eventually, but... not today.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

HALLS OF ULTIMATE JUDGMENT

I guess I'm not 100% sure on this but was the newspaper reporting your squad got wiped out just misinformation?

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
It was the naked guy turning himself in.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Okay, I'm a naked kung fu judge that got himself arrested on purpose.

Proceed. :allears:

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
Put me in, coach

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

The squad is expanding, and practicing, and preparing.

Deceitful Penguin's new recruits have been hard at work exercising their liberal muscles doing some light industrial sabotage at the garment factory. We found a place with delicate machinery in an a relatively unguarded area - so long as we are naked and unarmed, their chances of doing some damage and escaping alive are good.

(There were a great many of these kinds of articles this month)

Once they'd built up some proper revolutionary fervour, Deceitful Penguin promoted them to middle management. Their first order of business? Finding recruits of their own. Bullfrog freed a number of sweatshop workers from their slavery at the garment factory. How can the conservatives force these poor souls to labour for the profits of capitalist owners? It's disgusting.

They don't really speak the language, but they seemed happy to be free of their owners and to join our new hideout in the abandoned paper mill. We've clothed them, fed them, let them rest. They are family, now, and we take care of our family. They will contribute in their own way to the liberal cause, some of them, I am sure of it. I overheard an argument between Penguin and Bullfrog - apparently many of those rescued were conservatively inclined, or simply lacking in useful skills. We could only take care of three of them - the rest had to be sent out into the streets. With their high wisdom, though, they were a security risk - what if they turned us in? There was darker talk, but luckily it didn't come to that. We can only hope the ones we set free can find a better life out there. We can not talk to the ones we kept, but when they awoke to find most of their companions had disappeared over night, it was clear from their faces they were concerned... but also eager to get to work for the cause. They knew exactly what to do when they gave them the fabric and needles and patterns we'd looted from the garment factory.

We named two of them, but couldn't come up with a name for the third yet.

Mad Wack, meanwhile, headed to the Aluminum factory and saved some of the children they had operating the machinery there. Can you believe the conservatives would subject children to such terrible, unsafe working conditions? Beaten and abused by their supervisors, risking the loss of limbs or even death every single day, I was sure they would find a better home with us in the LCS. And with their innocent faces and quick little bodies, they were better suited to some of the work we needed to be done than any of us could manage. We allowed them to choose their revolutionary names, but two of them haven't yet felt comfortable enough to do so.

The abandoned paper mill itself is still a pretty unpleasant place to hide out for the moment, but we've got various improvements planned...
http://glyphgryph.imgur.com/all
First, though, we need money.

We also decided later on that some of workers in the fabrication squad did not seem to be fully grasping the benefit of working with us, and that it was hurting their productivity. Bullfrog suggested we send them out to spend some time working with those who were even less fortunate, like those who had terrible accidents happen to them, so they could really grasp what we were fighting for here. It's taking a while to sink in, but think they are starting to "get it", you know?

The children were sent out to sell the baked goods Mad Wack was whipping up, raising money for the squad and helping the local community in the process. It is a great learning experience for them, giving them a good grasp of contributing to the cause through labour and really getting them out there among the people.

Power Crazy, meanwhile, has been handling "auditions". He was convinced that the best way to help the cause was to start a band. They would play the most incredible music, swaying the public over to our side by touching their souls. I think that's probably a bit... unrealistic, but it inspires the whole squad to listen to him play and see how much he loves the cause, so he has my full support. He finally found his first pick today.

They are still talking about his stage name. Personally, of all the things about this band plan that confuse me, I think the strangest is Power Crazy's insistence that it will eventually grow to six people, and that it is vitally important that every single one of them play lead guitar. I tell him we can afford one more guitar for the moment, and he says he needs to get the new guy up to speed before looking for more band members anyway, so that's fine by him.

We turned a pretty good profit last month. The brownies paid for our rent, and manufactured clothing and liberated conservative resources paid for our other expenses.

We've heard from one of our sleeper judges that Captain Rainbow's court date has been set, and we were all "invited to the show" at the end of the month. I'm not entirely sure what that means.

This month, unfortunately, did not start out so well. There was an... accident.

We mourn the loss of the poor 10 year old child, and have sworn vengeance. The event was not even deemed important enough by the conservative media to run in the local newspapers. Still, there are other children that can benefit from our loving care, so we must put our heads down and continue doing our best. Mad Wack has already freed another one from captivity and insured we can continue moving product and funding our operation.

We used the money we'd collected so far to rent out a new room - with so many members, things were getting a bit crowded, and we didn't want to risk all being in the same place and drawing heat from law enforcement, especially after being reminded what they are capable of.

Tooth and Claw have been doing their own thing for the last month and a half. No one is quite sure what they're up to - mostly lurking around downtown, I think.

Whatever their plans are, they are staying under the radar for the moment, and when I catch a glimpse of one of them, they are always alone. I did finally catch Battle Royale Baby and got him to give me a status update. He said they'd had a run in with security, and things had almost gone very badly. Pidgin had been shot, and had barely survived.

Concerned for the well being of his squad after the incident, they'd been busy training, mostly doing solo work. He requested I arrange for some sort of protective armor for his squad to wear - I told him I'd get on it as soon as I could, and he gave me a few addresses, saying they moved around a lot but he could be found at one of those places if I needed him again.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Hmmmm. Things are looking up but the revolution must always be watered with the blood of martyrs.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I'll take a spot. Also what the hell happened that some random cops just wasted a 10 year old out of the blue?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Heaven Spacey posted:

I'll take a spot. Also what the hell happened that some random cops just wasted a 10 year old out of the blue?

The child was selling our homemade brownies. Which might technically be a crime with a penalty of summary execution if caught in the act. Regular police officers will at least still offer to bring you in alive, but Death Squad Officers have no mercy.

C++ crime laws are very serious.

GlyphGryph has issued a correction as of 04:28 on Dec 14, 2016

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Heaven Spacey posted:

He was selling special brownies, aka drug dealing, which is punishable by summary execution by the Dethsquad.

This never happens in real life.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I hope my upcoming show has cool pyrotechnics.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
I never have my guys sell brownies just because the profit margins are so thin I don't really consider it worth the risk, especially when death squads are around.
Same goes for stealing cars, though the profit margins are better, it is even more risky.

Note that people wanted for crimes can be spotted by cops even when doing legal fundraising and arrested/killed. Oddly though, cops won't ever arrest someone if they're volunteering, even if they're wanted for murder and treason.

Nabbing a loot from the labs, radio station, or tv station probably makes more money in a day too. Laptops sell for 200, lab equipment and PDAs for 50, cellphones and microphones for 20.

Larceny is important.

Concordat has issued a correction as of 07:34 on Dec 14, 2016

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Sign me up

I am Grognan RumpleButters and I wish for genetic testing on everyone.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
happy to see i am providing bodies for the revolution :unsmith:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Concordat posted:

I never have my guys sell brownies just because the profit margins are so thin I don't really consider it worth the risk, especially when death squads are around.
Same goes for stealing cars, though the profit margins are better, it is even more risky.

Note that people wanted for crimes can be spotted by cops even when doing legal fundraising and arrested/killed. Oddly though, cops won't ever arrest someone if they're volunteering, even if they're wanted for murder and treason.

Nabbing a loot from the labs, radio station, or tv station probably makes more money in a day too. Laptops sell for 200, lab equipment and PDAs for 50, cellphones and microphones for 20.

Larceny is important.

Yea but the only benefit for volunteering is getting your juice non-negative. Otherwise you are better off spray painting while wearing a black turtleneck. Though I think selling music is good too, as it's legal and trains your music skill. Which hopefully will be awesome when I get my band together.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Yea but the only benefit for volunteering is getting your juice non-negative. Otherwise you are better off spray painting while wearing a black turtleneck. Though I think selling music is good too, as it's legal and trains your music skill. Which hopefully will be awesome when I get my band together.

You've been doing it quite a bit to practice the skill and get us a bit of extra spending cashing, you're up to 5 skill right now and it's why I waited so long to have you start acquiring juice. With the income we're getting from the other squads, though, you're going to be going to school for a while instead to get that up even higher until your special band outfits are finished being made. Once someone commits crimes, it's too dangerous to have them out doing legal things, even selling music unless they have decent street sense.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
Put me in coach, I can be a drug dealing kid or whatever

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
Also this game rules, anyone got recommendations for similar stuff?

Is it worth building a solid base through music/brownies/writing etc before getting aggressive, or is that time better spent in some other way?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

There are lots of different ways to accomplish poo poo, some of it riskier than others, some more fun than thers. I am gonna be trying to show off basically everything but hacker based stuff since that is kind of easy mode and also boring.

You can definitely be robbing banks for cash by the end of the first month if you focus on that, for example, instead of what I am doing here. Or kidnapping high ranked corporate types and forcing them to engage in embezzlement. Or sleeping your way to cash prizes. We will be showing off all of those later. We already make most of our money from outright theft and thata probably the easiest way to do it.

You can build a character that basically starts with an armed gang if you want to take a more violeny and aggressive approach.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

GlyphGryph posted:

You've been doing it quite a bit to practice the skill and get us a bit of extra spending cashing, you're up to 5 skill right now and it's why I waited so long to have you start acquiring juice. With the income we're getting from the other squads, though, you're going to be going to school for a while instead to get that up even higher until your special band outfits are finished being made. Once someone commits crimes, it's too dangerous to have them out doing legal things, even selling music unless they have decent street sense.

So I know there is some kind of Musical combat. But when I tried to engage in it, my liberal was killed by wisdom, so I haven't dabbled in it since. You know how it works, or are you just going to get the band together get it trained up, and then see what happens?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

I have beaten games solely through the power of music and persuasion, so you should be an important contribution to the team, unless someone sets you on fire, once you get up and running.

Music is unfortunately very weak against fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

GlyphGryph posted:

I have beaten games solely through the power of music and persuasion, so you should be an important contribution to the team, unless someone sets you on fire, once you get up and running.

Music is unfortunately very weak against fire.

We didn't start the fire.

• Locked thread