Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

i am not claiming superiority, but putting forth a hopeful plea for a better world

namaste

CARS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

500 bad things posted:

I drive perfectly, it's everybody else who is bad :smug:

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

cars should be symmetrical with two steering wheels and sets of pedals. this way if one of the drivers passes out the other can take over

it works for planes OKAY!!

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

big time bisexual posted:

Your DRLs don't turn off when you engage the parking brake?

There were a bunch of GM models that didn't even bother with discrete DRL's, they just turn the goddamn headlights on all the time and you can't turn them off. So if you run the battery down, you can't let it idle to recharge, the alternator can barely keep up with the load until you get the RPM's up.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Spatial posted:

cars should be symmetrical with two steering wheels and sets of pedals. this way if one of the drivers passes out the other can take over

it works for planes OKAY!!
front and back tandem layout like an F-15E

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
steering wheel should be in the middle

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
cross posting

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Yeah its like, just use your loving mirrors idiot. You can see how far away poo poo is.

Hey you said this back on page 2 and it's really a dumb thing to say and think. Modern cars' rear pillars are too thick to see out of the back this is due to rollover crash federal regulations and also those regulations require a backup camera so you can see when you backup and oh yea you can gauge depth because EVERY loving CAMERA HAS A DEPTH OVERLAY YOU loving DICKSHITTER.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

fyodor posted:

Hey you said this back on page 2 and it's really a dumb thing to say and think. Modern cars' rear pillars are too thick to see out of the back this is due to rollover crash federal regulations and also those regulations require a backup camera so you can see when you backup and oh yea you can gauge depth because EVERY loving CAMERA HAS A DEPTH OVERLAY YOU loving DICKSHITTER.

wow it's like someone writes this comment every page, this should be the new form of snypin'

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

I like how much people bitch about DEM drat GUBBMENT LAWS MAKIN CARS HARD T'SEE OUT OF when back in the day we had this:

and this:

At a time when side mirrors were vestigial tiny things the size of a quarter and many cars didn't even have right-side mirrors. Yet somehow we managed to avoid squashing too many rugrats.

:iiam:

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

JnnyThndrs posted:

I like how much people bitch about DEM drat GUBBMENT LAWS MAKIN CARS HARD T'SEE OUT OF when back in the day we had this:

and this:

At a time when side mirrors were vestigial tiny things the size of a quarter and many cars didn't even have right-side mirrors. Yet somehow we managed to avoid squashing too many rugrats.

:iiam:

They probably ran over plenty of kids. Society didn't get hyper obsessed with the well being of children until around 1986. Prior to that point? "Oh well, Johnny was kind of annoying anyways. And we got the other two."

Also not pictured for that LTD: The driver impaled on the steering column like some sort of grisly war trophy after a 30mph front end collision with anything. Because crumple zones, collapsible steering columns, and wearing seatbelts was for fags and commies.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Instead of big dangerous cars I want small dangerous cars.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
man, if you never crashed an 80s muscle car, you missed out. those fuckers were built like tanks and if you were able to walk away you'd probably be able to drive the car away if you didn't hit the wheels at all because that steel frame ain't bending

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

Fabulousity posted:

Also not pictured for that LTD: The driver impaled on the steering column like some sort of grisly war trophy after a 30mph front end collision with anything. Because crumple zones, collapsible steering columns, and wearing seatbelts was for fags and commies.

Agreed, I was just being a prick for the hell of it. That LTD would have had a collapsible column - it's a '71 and I think '68 was the first year, but it wouldn't have mattered because without shoulder belts you'll be ejected through the windshield like a sideways toaster pastry.

I kinda chuckle about safety back in the day cause my mom was a demon about belts and wouldn't put the key in the ignition until we were fully belted, yet we drove a '71 VW Bus that had, no joke, only one layer of 16 gauge sheet metal between incoming traffic and my little legs. Being ejected would have been the preferred outcome in a front-end collision.

Besides, everybody was driving drunk anyway, and drunks always survive unscathed. :shrug:

• Locked thread