Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Great LP Ephraim. After that last dungeon, I'm even more glad I gave up on this game right at the start and just waited 22 years to watch someone run through it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I take back what I said about wanting these sprawling dungeons. :stonklol:

Also, thank you for the LPs. I was always curious how the pre-Morrowind games looked like but never had any interest to play them, and turns out that was the correct decision. It was really interesting anyway.

Also, FAU up there has just started a Morrowind LP so you don't have to. And since I'm not the OP for that LP I won't feel bad about plugging it. :v:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

As it's been mentioned earlier, sprawling dungeons are a thing in Might & Magic 6, 7, 8. They really went to town with 3D levels.

In 7 you must side with one of two factions. Their HQ cities, where you have to come for quests and trainers, are considered dungeons by the game, because you have to raid the opposing capital at one point.
Dungeons arbitrarily disable the Fly spell (so that you have to solve crappy platforming puzzles, or look for gate keys), so you have to navigate your capital by walking. The capital of the dark side is a hellscape with pools of lava.

Even ordinary cities in M&M are huge and you're better off moving as the crow flies to get poo poo done. Striding through Inferno on your way to work is awful.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

It may be cheating, but I would consider Wizardry IV to be more obtuse and dickish when it came to its dungeon. Then again, the game only had one dungeon and the entire point is that you're making your way out. CrookedB did a really good LP of it.

• Locked thread