Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
it was midnight and the only other car on the road was a quarter mile back

gently caress the police

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Please dim your lights

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
OP should've stuck to smoking weed at home like a responsible citizen.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
:five:

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Tonetta posted:

what made you think this was a good idea to post

It's a very simle question, but I'm leaning towards 'yes' based on how things are going down in this thread.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Keep posting those words so we can see the results

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Three Olives posted:

Anyways I just want to say that lane changing without using a turn signal should be a jailable offense, like WTF you have to move your finger like 3 inches, how do you not do this?

Right? Like you don't even have to think about it but it's very useful in the whole "not loving people over" thing. I'm the most nervous driver in the world and this sort of stuff is still automatic for me

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Three Olives posted:

Internalized homophobia is a thing so I assume there is such a thing as internalized transphobia.

Anyways I just want to say that lane changing without using a turn signal should be a jailable offense, like WTF you have to move your finger like 3 inches, how do you not do this?

one hand on the steering wheel, beer in the other hand ofc

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Songbearer posted:

Right? Like you don't even have to think about it but it's very useful in the whole "not loving people over" thing. I'm the most nervous driver in the world and this sort of stuff is still automatic for me

Never drive in a major city tia

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Tonetta posted:

Never drive in a major city tia

I never get people who only sometimes use their turn signals, etc. I mean aren't you actually distracting yourself from the other tasks of driving in order to think about whether or not your personal criteria for using them is met in this situation? "Hmm that car is a quarter of a mile back, and I'm squinting really hard and I'm pretty sure it's not cops, so no, I think I'll save the wear and tear on my bulbs this time. Yeah, that's like 0.000001c I've saved today, looking forward to retiring early!"

But don't worry, when you're distracted by something else and you're not able to think through those criteria so you forget to use your signals despite the fact that there's actually a car near you, nervous drivers like Songbearer and I will notice you looking in your mirror or veering slightly toward them and go "oh, I'd better back off the gas, looks like another idiot who doesn't use their signals is about to cut me off", so you win :thumbsup:

Don't worry, I win too, because I don't have to go to jail, and even though I don't have all that time in the yard to get beefy, I'm ripped from using the indicator stalk all the time.

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Anyone remember that anonymous confession "get real beefy bitch"? Good advice for someone going to prison imho

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

You learn not to use a blinker in a city because all it indicates to other drivers is to speed up so you can't merge. But yeah you country pumpkins keep letting me know the right way to navigate traffic in the city

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
when I drive to Miami I usually start shooting in the direction I plan to turn, that works well

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
in Jupiter I just cut people off and that works too

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tonetta posted:

You learn not to use a blinker in a city because all it indicates to other drivers is to speed up so you can't merge. But yeah you country pumpkins keep letting me know the right way to navigate traffic in the city

What? Explain this. I drive in D.C.

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Tonetta posted:

I think it depends on the city. It seems to me like in bigger cities people realize that they often need other people to let them in, so they should reciprocate sometimes, and it's the smaller cities where people are assholes about merging. I don't remember having trouble in LA every time I hosed up and didn't realize that the big queue of traffic in the right lane was for the exit I wanted despite that exit being a few miles (and exits) away :v:

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
of all cities ive driven in, miami is the worst, even in the Florida turnpike south of ft Lauderdale it’s a mess. As soon as I get into non toll roads I want combat pay even tho that’s not a thing at my company because holy poo poo old people,people who never lived here, people who are drunk, people who don’t need to be driving except they live in their cars, people who have to get to the next drug deal, people who just left the last drug deal, people who are loving wrecked out of their minds, all just driving somewhere and generally “somewhere “ means wherever the gently caress my car happens to be

holy poo poo,I’m happier driving in New York near LaGuardia with all the construction than loving Miami

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tonetta posted:

Yeah, get hosed.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Tonetta posted:

:wrong:

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

Tonetta posted:

"Bumpkins"?

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

Watch "Shoot em up"

You'll learn.

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

Incorrect use of a colloquialism. Back to jail!

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So basically you got caught doing something illegal and got thrown in jail. Gj.

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Navin Johnson posted:

Watch "Shoot em up"

You'll learn.

Wikipedia posted:

Smith kills the hitman by stabbing him in the face with a carrot

I can't believe I haven't heard of this picture before :monocle:

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Tonetta posted:

Ugh

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Tonetta posted:

lol You’re an idiot with mental issues and a criminal

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I think one of my least favorite cities to drive in is Philly because they barely upgraded the layout from when the streets were made for horses and it's an annoying mess where if you miss a turn at some points you're basically hosed and might as well add another 10-15 minutes onto your commute

Which is why I generally just take the train in now and get a lyft

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Tonetta posted:

As a city dweller turn weakness into a strength. Once your turn signal has been on five seconds cutting left or right directly into someone is perfecyly legit and it'll gently caress them up worse than you. Your insurance will agree you weren't at fault because you properly signaled your intent.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Driving in Boston is 1000x more annoying than driving in NYC, and Boston cab drivers are far more reckless and insane than NYC cab drivers, change my mind :colbert:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mein Kampf Enthusiast posted:

Driving in Boston is 1000x more annoying than driving in NYC, and Boston cab drivers are far more reckless and insane than NYC cab drivers, change my mind :colbert:

The MBTA is easily the best public transportation line I've experienced in any city so I have no idea why anyone would attempt to drive in the dantes inferno that is Boston traffic

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Aesop Poprock posted:

The MBTA is easily the best public transportation line I've experienced in any city so I have no idea why anyone would attempt to drive in the dantes inferno that is Boston traffic

it was for work mostly, but it hardened me to the point where even driving to JFK/LGA and back from north NJ doesn't stress me at all anymore

if you can wrap your head around it at one point I was driving 26ft box trucks through the North End :psyduck:

e: but yeah the T is the greatest

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Also I'm hungover so can someone please confirm/deny that Op segued directly from "the reason I spent a weekend in jail was specifically bc I got pulled over for not signalling" to "lol you hicks nobody signals around here" TIA

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mein Kampf Enthusiast posted:

if you can wrap your head around it at one point I was driving 26ft box trucks through the North End :psyduck:

:chanpop:

I'll be honest I probably would have just killed myself

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Teikanmi posted:

lol You’re an idiot with mental issues and a criminal

Didn't use turn signal = criminal :psyduck:

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

1redflag posted:

Didn't use turn signal = criminal :psyduck:

I think the whole having drugs and warrants is the criminal part. hth

I do like that the OP has a convenient excuse justifying everything they did because that's definitely normal adult behavior.

iamjohnsalt
Dec 6, 2017

I drive thru Boston all the time and I can definitely say no one ever looks for people not using their blinkers to smash the gently caress out of knowing that they'll be in the right legally. Absolutely not a single time has that happened, ever. Anyways, glad you didn't get hemmed up too bad, police suck.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

you're out of your gourd!!!!

Capri Sun Tzu
Oct 24, 2017

by Reene
Don't gently caress with this guy he's fresh from the big house, a stone cold savage wrongfully DOUBLE-jailed and he's here to settle the score

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

I've never driven in the northeast, but the worst place I've ever driven is Nashville, TN. It gained an absurd number of new people and construction projects in the last few years, but didn't upgrade its lovely roads at all so there's traffic 24/7. They had a cool mayor who was going to fix it but she resigned after she got caught spending government funds while having an affair with the head of her security detail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Montreal was fun to drive in, everyone who lives there knows the lane dividers by heart but the divider marks on the road are long-gone.

• Locked thread