Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

flyingporcupine posted:

Doesnt have to be a one time thing, assuming I dont get banned from the premises

We can pick a day in the future I'm slammed these to weekends with date night but after that should be good.

Pancakes posted:

All due to arrive tomorrow by 8 PM according to USPS.

We need a prize for who's pick actually wears the drat thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

MysteriousStranger posted:

We need a prize for who's pick actually wears the drat thing.

Each hat included a note mentioning SA, C-SPAM and saying that if they mentioned the hat or put an image on social media a lot of politics nerds would flip their poo poo.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I would bet we get to see Feinberg and Wolf wear the hat, and if we're really lucky John Oliver.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Went for a walk this fine morning w/ my hat and got a very disapproving look from an old white lady walking her dog. Also got a laugh out of some young-ish dudes jogging so it seems the hat is working as intended :)

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Duckaerobics posted:

I would bet we get to see Feinberg and Wolf wear the hat, and if we're really lucky John Oliver.

I think Oliver is a safe bet.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I wore mine walking in downtown Boston and to a bar and nobody said anything or reacted in any way but that is the true Boston way

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

Pancakes posted:

Each hat included a note mentioning SA, C-SPAM and saying that if they mentioned the hat or put an image on social media a lot of politics nerds would flip their poo poo.

you really have thought this through. this is awesome. all shall wear the hat.

was one sent to Colbert? he seems the least likely to actually wear it, but you never know.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

There is a big bike rally this weekend. Plan to wear mine and pray a biker gang doesn't beat me up over it.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

stay safe piss tape ghost

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Pathos posted:

you really have thought this through. this is awesome. all shall wear the hat.

was one sent to Colbert? he seems the least likely to actually wear it, but you never know.

I didn’t send one to Colbert but I know one poster is trying to personally hand hats to media figures in New York. I’m a little skeptical about Oliver, Wolf or Minhaj; I had to send the hats to agents/managers and I think that probably lowers the chance that they get them. Feinberg and Maloy went to their employers, much like Hayes’ hat went directly to his show.

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

Pancakes posted:

I didn’t send one to Colbert but I know one poster is trying to personally hand hats to media figures in New York. I’m a little skeptical about Oliver, Wolf or Minhaj; I had to send the hats to agents/managers and I think that probably lowers the chance that they get them. Feinberg and Maloy went to their employers, much like Hayes’ hat went directly to his show.

that makes sense. and we know Hayes secretly loves his hat, so I think your analysis is probably accurate. though to be honest any PR person who doesn’t pass on this hat deserves to be fired

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Pancakes posted:

I think they mostly screen for crazies/stalkers and dangerous objects.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I would imagine the hat would get to Oliver, even if he doesn't wear it on the show. His rep has to know he would laugh at it, if nothing else.

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
hat GET

:pisstape:

thanks again for doing all the work, pancakes

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://i.imgur.com/wS443EH.gifv

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

BAE OF PIGS posted:

Texted a picture to my girlfriend, who told me to not get the hat.

She's mad.

I'm so happy.

Same. Gotten some salty looks and also so far three people have asked me where I got it lol.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

should numbered the piss tape hats pancakes. The future schisms will be between first run piss tapers, fourth run piss tapers, and false first run piss tapers

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

El Mero Mero posted:

should numbered the piss tape hats pancakes. The future schisms will be between first run piss tapers, fourth run piss tapers, and false first run piss tapers

the true hat owners know who they are

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Same. Gotten some salty looks and also so far three people have asked me where I got it lol.

I loving love cspam

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
NOW! That's What I Call C-SPAM, Vol. 420

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Is today possible Media Hat day? :peanut:

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

angerbeet posted:

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/997218188826902528

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

angerbeet posted:

Wear the hat Ashley

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Wear the hat you loving cuck.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/997219300376301569

:mad:

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Reveal yourself! Wear the hat!

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Media hats update:
Maloy's hat delivered to the Media Matters PO box in DC today at 3:56 PM.
Feinberg's hat delivered to Huffington Post NY at 10:35 AM.
Oliver's hat delivered to the desk of his agency (or manager's office, I forget which I used) at 10:49 AM.
Minhaj's hat due to be delivered today by 8 PM at his representative's office in LA.
Wolf's hat has a "problem" with the address. This is what I get for shipping to an agency in Great Neck, NY.

E: I made an AM a PM.

Pancakes has issued a correction as of 23:15 on May 17, 2018

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Pancakes posted:

Media hats update:
Maloy's hat delivered to the Media Matters PO box in DC today at 3:56 PM.
Feinberg's hat delivered to Huffington Post NY at 10:35 PM.
Oliver's hat delivered to the desk of his agency (or manager's office, I forget which I used) at 10:49 AM.
Minhaj's hat due to be delivered today by 8 PM at his representative's office in LA.
Wolf's hat has a "problem" with the address. This is what I get for shipping to an agency in Great Neck, NY.

you're doing gods work

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
kind of a weird question, Pancakes, but with an order this size, did you take all the (domestic/non-celeb) packages to the post office at once? I'm just curious about what the process for shipping this many items all at once is.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

GobiasIndustries posted:

kind of a weird question, Pancakes, but with an order this size, did you take all the (domestic/non-celeb) packages to the post office at once? I'm just curious about what the process for shipping this many items all at once is.

Two rounds with the hats in a suitcase. The 53 individually-packaged ones first, then the 41 (I think) domestic multiple orders in 15 separate envelopes. The biggest inconvenience was that the Blue Line was significantly delayed on Saturday so I ended up just walking about a mile there and back each time.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Picked up a 6-pack from the liquor store near me earlier. The cashier looked at my hat, got kinda confused, then it clicked and he pointed laughed and said "that's Trump!" while I was signing the receipt.

:3:

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

GobiasIndustries posted:

Picked up a 6-pack from the liquor store near me earlier. The cashier looked at my hat, got kinda confused, then it clicked and he pointed laughed and said "that's Trump!" while I was signing the receipt.

:3:

the gospel permeates every atom of existence, as piss in a Moscow Ritz Carlton mattrrss:hai:

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

I keep hoping Ashley Feinberg will post about how great the hat is

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Pathos posted:

I discovered bad news the other day.

She prefers "pee tape" to "piss tape". I can't find the tweet where she talked about it though.

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

PostNouveau posted:

She prefers "pee tape" to "piss tape". I can't find the tweet where she talked about it though.

How the great have fallen

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

PostNouveau posted:

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/819245136043528192

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

sad

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

A sobering reminder why you should never have heroes.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Pathos posted:

We all wait with baited breath to see who will wear the hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

counterpoint:
https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/844903178135097345

• Locked thread