Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
That one developer that said "Playing god of war will get you laid"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

ArfJason posted:

That one developer that said "Playing god of war will get you laid"

LOL. Now of days: "Playing god of war will make you eat soy lmfao. It's for feminization."

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

LOL. Now of days: "Playing god of war will make you eat soy lmfao. It's for feminization."

God of Cuck. You can send the Golden Manbabies P.O.D.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I'm watching the making-of documentary in GoW1's bonus section... I wish more games included this sort of thing as a bonus

sly cooper had commentary tracks for every level

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm playing the originals to de-soy after the new one.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Wormskull posted:

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Evil Eagle posted:

I'm playing the originals to de-soy after the new one.

In France they call God of War “Le Dieu De Soy”

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

in france they call vegan quarter pounders extruded soy protein extract patties with cheddar flavoured nut compound

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

trying to jack off posted:

in france they call vegan quarter pounders extruded soy protein extract patties with cheddar flavoured nut compound

lmbo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

trying to jack off posted:

Soyale with cheese

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Soyale with cheese

lol

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Soyale with cheese

lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Soyale with cheese

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Kratos and son showing up to every online soytrolls house to whoop their rear end like Jay & Silent Bob

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Wormskull posted:

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Kratos and son showing up to every online soytrolls house to whoop their rear end like Jay & Silent Bob

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Soyale with cheese

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That’s Kratos, the God of Snoogins.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmfao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

KRATOS: The gods of Olympus have abandoned me. Now there is no hope.

[KRATOS steps off of a tall cliff and falls toward the jagged rocks below]

NARRATOR: And Kratos cast himself from the highest mountain in all of Greece. After ten years of suffering, ten years of endless nightmares, it would finally come to an end. Death would be his escape from madness. But it had not always been this way. Kratos had once been a champion of the gods...

[Fade-in flashback to three weeks earlier, where KRATOS can be seen standing in front of a run-down convenience store]

KRATOS: ... gently caress, gently caress, gently caress, mother-motherfuck, mother-motherfuck-gently caress, motherfuck, motherfuck, noinch noinch noinch! One, two, one-two-three-four noinch, noinch, noinch! Smokin’ weed, smokin’ wiz, doin’ coke, drinkin’ beers. Drinkin’ beers, beers, beers. Rollin’ fatties, smokin’ blunts. Who smokes some blunts? We smoke the blunts! Roll them blunts and smoke them...

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

NARRATOR: And Kratos cast himself from the highest mountain in all of Greece. After ten years of suffering, ten years of endless nightmares, it would finally come to an end. Death would be his escape from madness. But it had not always been this way. Kratos had once been a champion of the gods...

[Fade-in flashback to three weeks earlier, where KRATOS can be seen standing in front of a run-down convenience store]

KRATOS: ... gently caress, gently caress, gently caress, mother-motherfuck, mother-motherfuck-gently caress, motherfuck, motherfuck, noinch noinch noinch! One, two, one-two-three-four noinch, noinch, noinch! Smokin’ weed, smokin’ wiz, doin’ coke, drinkin’ beers. Drinkin’ beers, beers, beers. Rollin’ fatties, smokin’ blunts. Who smokes some blunts? We smoke the blunts! Roll them blunts and smoke them...

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

All you motherfuckers are gonna pay! You are the ones who are the ball-lickers! I’m gonna gently caress your mothers while you watch and cry like little whiny bitches! Once I get to Olympus and find those pantheon fucks who tricked me into killing my family... I’m gonna make them eat my poo poo, then poo poo out my poo poo, and then eat their poo poo that's made up of my poo poo that I made 'em eat! And then all you motherfucks are next!

Love,
Kratos

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

lmfao

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

the part in god of war 1 where the floor opens up and kills you after a certain amount of time made me ragequit for the night. will come back with a full magic bar next time

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

LOL there's a plain 'Jason and the Argonauts'-style skeleton warrior with a sword and shield in the gallery of unused enemies for the first game, and the note from David Jaffe says they 'didn't feel right using this one because it was just too old fashioned and corny and it didn't fit the more epic, gritty tone we wanted' and then they show up in the sequels

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Lumpy the Cook posted:

LOL there's a plain 'Jason and the Argonauts'-style skeleton warrior with a sword and shield in the gallery of unused enemies for the first game, and the note from David Jaffe says they 'didn't feel right using this one because it was just too old fashioned and corny and it didn't fit the more epic, gritty tone we wanted' and then they show up in the sequels

Well Barlog went full on Argonauts for GoW2 and that's why it was a much better game.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
God of War 2 was so drat metal. Pushing Daedalus' face into a cliffside while you rip his wings off in midair.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I thought it was cool that they got Harry Hamlin to play Perseus in GoW2 just like Clash of the Titans

EDIT: And they got Kevin Sorbo for Hercules in GoW3 lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2REZ5zgJVTk

I like the really over-exaggerated animation in this part. Kinda reminds me of Timesplitters.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I thought it was cool that they got Harry Hamlin to play Perseus in GoW2 just like Clash of the Titans

EDIT: And they got Kevin Sorbo for Hercules in GoW3 lol

Whoa I thought their version of Perseus was meant to be a spoof of Hamlin's, I had no clue it was actually him. Awesome

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Whoa I thought their version of Perseus was meant to be a spoof of Hamlin's, I had no clue it was actually him. Awesome

Yeah they modeled it after him and got him to reprise the voice. I think I’m gonna replay the trilogy after I beat the new game. It’s a fine enough game but it would be much better without the modern gaming bullshit like crafting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Yeah they modeled it after him and got him to reprise the voice. I think I’m gonna replay the trilogy after I beat the new game. It’s a fine enough game but it would be much better without the modern gaming bullshit like crafting

*epic animation of kratos struggling to open a massive chest covered in skulls, antlers, and pelts. his son assists by stabbing a skull in the center before doing a backflip away*

"Got 12 heldollars"

• Locked thread