Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Ehud posted:

I mean, what else are you gonna do at this point?

Just gonna have to make due for a season and then you can address it next offseason.

We could bring in Jesus Christ to coach the line and it’s not gonna make a difference this season anyways.

*big fat grizzled offensive line coach* you think jesus could teach you how to be a real hog, do ya??? jesus was a goddamn pussy who couldn't even move my grandma out of the way!! now get down, we're doing burpees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

watch out for your boobs

quote:

105.3 The Fan's Kevin Turner reports Ezekiel Elliott is holding out in Mexico.

Profootballtalk reported earlier this month that Elliott planned to hold out beyond America's borders. If it sounds like Zeke is going to party, he is actually going to get ripped like he did during his 2017 suspension. There have not been any updates on movement in contract talks since Zeke no-showed for the start of Cowboys camp.

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Does anyone else have absolutely no goddamn idea how to play defense in Madden and just uses the suggested plays?

When I played for a little bit it was always against other noobs online who did nothing but throw deep every play so I would basically always run cover 4 and get tons of picks. Worked pretty well.

Phyein fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jul 29, 2019

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Play posted:

Donte looks nice and quick in that rep too, guaranteed most DBs wouldn't be able to keep up with Samuel so closely. Grier was kind of known is a nice deep ball thrower in college iirc

I've been playing it and I like it. It really doesn't have a whole lot to offer over last year, but there are new animations, it looks better and plays a little better too. It's true that it's a cynical cash grab with almost no extra work put into it over last year's version, but it's also true that it's a fun football game. I've been playing the story mode where you play as a college QB for a couple games, then get drafted and lead the Broncos (I'm not sure if it's the Broncos every time or if that just happened to me) through the preseason and then the season. I'm really enjoying myself and learning quite a bit about football too.

I think what we're seeing in that video is these new superstar x factor poo poo where certain players have special powers, and somehow they figured out a way to cheese it. I think it's the one for quarterbacks where the first tackle always fails, but then they're resetting the power somehow.

Anyways, you can play it right now for 15 bucks a month. I'll probably play it a month or two and then cancel that poo poo (and then pirate it when it eventually comes out so I can enjoy single player).

I can't even find where online mode is. I kinda wanna try it to see if I'm actually good and not just good at victimizing the AI.

Is online all Ultimate team? Because I don't do microtransaction bullshit and I'm not remotely interested in buying e-cards or whatever other retarded poo poo they've got. I did play the MUT thing a bit and it was sort of fun with the missions so I'll keep playing it so long as I don't have to pay real money

If anyone on PC wants to play hit me up in PMs, although you'll also have to explain to me how we do that

Madden on PC is great because you can pay for a month of the Origin subscription, play it until real football starts, then forget about it forever.

Franchise mode now grants stars and superstars different abilities that grant in game bonuses to the player. These can be developed over seasons. So let's say I scout and draft an RB at the end of the first round. Good RBs are always available late, so he has a Star development rate. If he plays really well over a season, and does something great like win a rushing title, he might graduate to superstar. Then he gets a special ability depending on the type of player that he is. If he continues to play well over another season he might turn into an x-factor and develop another trait. This stuff is all tied to natural development, so the RB may have started at a 77, turned into an 83 by the end of the first season, and be somewhere in the 90s when he turns into an x-factor. I think the number of natural stars that you can find in the draft has been tuned down a bit, so this system encourages me to play more regular season games, instead of running drafts and simming to the postseason like I usually do. I usually play offense only, but if I have a defensive project I'll even play that side. Developing the players is fun.

Although you might have to turn the difficulty up because you can regularly rush for 300 yards a game against the computer.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

a new study bible! posted:

Madden on PC is great because you can pay for a month of the Origin subscription, play it until real football starts, then forget about it forever.

Franchise mode now grants stars and superstars different abilities that grant in game bonuses to the player. These can be developed over seasons. So let's say I scout and draft an RB at the end of the first round. Good RBs are always available late, so he has a Star development rate. If he plays really well over a season, and does something great like win a rushing title, he might graduate to superstar. Then he gets a special ability depending on the type of player that he is. If he continues to play well over another season he might turn into an x-factor and develop another trait. This stuff is all tied to natural development, so the RB may have started at a 77, turned into an 83 by the end of the first season, and be somewhere in the 90s when he turns into an x-factor. I think the number of natural stars that you can find in the draft has been tuned down a bit, so this system encourages me to play more regular season games, instead of running drafts and simming to the postseason like I usually do. I usually play offense only, but if I have a defensive project I'll even play that side. Developing the players is fun.

Although you might have to turn the difficulty up because you can regularly rush for 300 yards a game against the computer.

Yeah I'm keeping the difficulty on hard. There are already tons of exploitable elements in the AI to let it be any easier, and I like to lose games (or have to try really hard to win them) occasionally. Beating the Chargers with the Broncos who drafted my QB was really freaking hard, although for some reason the Chiefs were easy

I haven't started franchise mode but I'm excited to do so. I generally like to play all the regular season games, makes it feel more real and the result of actual effort. Do you play against other people online?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Ehud posted:

Just gonna have to make due for a season and then you can address it next offseason.

We could bring in Jesus Christ to coach the line and it’s not gonna make a difference this season anyways.

they already got black jesus at RB what more do you want

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Ehud posted:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Turns out Dorsey picked someone with no chill.

https://twitter.com/ByNateUlrich/status/1154406897509896194?s=20
https://twitter.com/H_Grove/status/1155872735433826310?s=20

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Turns out Dorsey picked someone with no chill.

Isn't dorsey infamous for selecting players with "no chill" (domestic violence charges)

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Too much takitaki

any hoo

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

kiimo posted:

Too much takitaki

any hoo

Right to the linebacker huh?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Todd Gurley took a practice rep on Saturday

https://twitter.com/MylesASimmons/status/1155252511541878784?s=20

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Right to 42, he just isn’t in place yet because Mahomes throws guys open even when no-looking

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

FizFashizzle posted:

watch out for your boobs

I'm gonna enjoy the Cowboys implosion

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

a neat cape posted:

Right to the linebacker huh?

Nah he's out here goin nuts.

https://twitter.com/kent_swanson/st...078%26page%3D51

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Play posted:

Isn't dorsey infamous for selecting players with "no chill" (domestic violence charges)

Yeah Takitaki has a different kind of "no chill" this time. Suspended a bunch at BYU for fights and theft. He's totally been redeemed by mormonism and his wife though!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Does anyone else have absolutely no goddamn idea how to play defense in Madden and just uses the suggested plays?

Call cover 3 thank me later

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/AP_NFL/status/1155942791685365761

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Yes.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

what is this case even about? What law was broken?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Give Goodell the death penalty for his crimes

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

EmbryoSteve posted:

what is this case even about? What law was broken?

I would refer you to the case law of Losers v Weepers.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

the comments are amazing.

I'm lolling at the idea of a Louisiana judge demanding to get that boy in here and answer for his crimes. I'm imagining the sweatiest, greasiest Judge in the Delta.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I’m still playing Madden 2005 and I dare you to tell me there’s a difference.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

oh christ i can hear his knees

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

They signed a guy with better knees today:

https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/1155953388934201344?s=20

Play
Apr 25, 2006

alright that's funny, im starting to appreciate the potential comedy in all this nonsense

FizFashizzle posted:

to be honest I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to watch Gurley without cringing. My dad has severe arthiritis, it put a stop to his football career actually, and I know how damned painful it is. The thought that every run is aggravating the condition is disturbing to me, and I feel like it will affect my enjoyment of Gurley's runs

Play fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jul 29, 2019

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Someone post the gio acl post

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

:getin:

Itshappening

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

So is the NFL just stuck putting up with this baseless lawsuit or can they go to another court and ask for it to be dismissed?

I hope for the former because it's funnier.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

So the Giants DIDNT work out Kelvin Benjamin this weekend. Considering the GM, that might be it for Benjamax in the NFL. Never forget

https://twitter.com/PanthersBill/status/867004860927004672?s=20

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I hope they're stuck in a non-air conditioned Louisiana courthouse for three days in the heat of August where a bunch of blustery lawyers make ridiculous statements and say things like "Maybe that's the way they do thangs up nawth but down heuh folks have a little thing we like to call JUSTAHCE" and fan themselves with a straw hat while taking their sweet rear end time

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I just realized that I don't know the difference between kelvin benjamin and devin funchess and thought they were the same person

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Play posted:

I just realized that I don't know the difference between kelvin benjamin and devin funchess and thought they were the same person

No devin is the one who alligator'd the game winning touchdown in the playoffs against the Saints in 2017 that would have beat them on the last play of the game essentially.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOR2otcXP6s

also the colts just gave him 10 million dollars.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

cheesetriangles posted:

So is the NFL just stuck putting up with this baseless lawsuit or can they go to another court and ask for it to be dismissed?

I hope for the former because it's funnier.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Play posted:

Funchess is terrible with his hands. Benjamin is terrible with his hams.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

kiimo posted:

the comments are amazing.

I'm lolling at the idea of a Louisiana judge demanding to get that boy in here and answer for his crimes. I'm imagining the sweatiest, greasiest Judge in the Delta.

It’s literally just the judge from My Cousin Vinny

e: or Coach O

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

In the Chiefs high flying offense and with a starting receiver down for multiple games Kelvin Benjamin managed 2 receptions for 26 yards on the season to go along with 2 drops.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Chilichimp posted:

Funchess is terrible with his hands. Benjamin is terrible with his hams.

Nah, Kelvin has never dropped a ham.