Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Solidarty-PBP-ISF coalition 2020

Solidarity-People Before Profit-Radical Internationalist Simpsons Electorate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Think the memegates have been breached

https://twitter.com/SocDems/status/1226204396876435459?s=19

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Went out and voted. The polling station seemed to be clear traffic wise up to 11 AM, really heavy after that and then light around 3 PM when my wife and I voted. We are in Kildare North.
They said when we were there that the turnout was about 44-45%. I suspect it might go up after dinner time.

Low percentages often help the Conservatives, unless we are witnessing some weird election where the undecideds are too pissed to vote for FF/FG and decide to abstain. But I doubt that will happen.

My hope is that we don't have FF hit 50-60 seats like some of the polls were predicting.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Went to vote an hour ago and asked about turnout. Officer said it was "well above" 50%. If this keeps up, I think we will have a decent turnout! General consensus seems to be that people want change around here. I'm continuing to have hope for this election.

I wouldn't put too much weight on seat projections. They're all over the place because it's near impossible to figure out what votes will transfer where, it doesn't account for locally popular candidates in an unpopular party, what the influence of independent candidates are. FF will almost certainly be the largest party in the next Dail, but I cannot for the life of me see them on 60 seats with their current polling.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

https://twitter.com/NextIrishGE/status/1226207585029758976?s=19

Looks good - but it's miserable out now

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's weird getting live turnout updates.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Skull Servant posted:

I can't believe that our politics has been influence by the Simpsons, of all things.

Rather it than Rick & Morty.

But would love Ren & Stimpy to influence it.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

out of curiosity, which parties are you all voting for? is it SF or PBP or what?

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Someone pressed the Ren and Stimpy button, so here's your government mandated "John K allegedly groomed underage girls."

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

V. Illych L. posted:

out of curiosity, which parties are you all voting for? is it SF or PBP or what?

I'm up North so ineligible but if I was in the last constituency I voted in, Dublin South Central, I'd be preferencing the left wing Independent Joan Collins and the Sol-PBP candidate in the top two.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Azza Bamboo posted:

Someone pressed the Ren and Stimpy button, so here's your government mandated "John K allegedly groomed underage girls."

As opposed to when you press the Simpsons button and are reminded that Matt Groening had connections with Jeffery Epstein

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I went PBP, then the two SF candidates, then Green Party, then begrudgingly Labour. Didn't give any other preferences after that because they were either FF, FG, former FG independent, weird independents, or Freedom Party/Renua.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Just glancing at all the turnout figures don't think we'll be hitting 70% - mid-60s like the last may be the upper end

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I went for Independents, since they had a strong showing in Kildare South, then Labour and then everyone else except for Aontú and Sinn Fein.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

20 mins to exit poll then everyone goes home for some sleep

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

All three parties on 22% holy poo poo lmao

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

lol a three way draw with 1.3% margin of error

cormac
Dec 18, 2005

FF: 22.2
FG:22.4
SF:22.3
Lab:4.6
GP:7.9
SPBP:2.9
SD: 3.4
Aontu 1.8
ind: 11.2
others 1.5

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Said they also gathered second preferences in the polling so may see more details yet tonight

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1226265487195152385

a graph

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is that... good? Like a better left performance than expected?

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

SF hitting 31% with below 35s

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Is that... good? Like a better left performance than expected?

Its roughly the same as polling and a significantly bigger chunk of the electorate than before - combined SF/Labour/SD/Green/Sol-PBP vote last election was 30%, it's 41% in the exit

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah I just checked the figures from the OP and that's a big jump for SF especially.

Greens doing well too.

I guess that probably means it's going to be an Interesting government given it's going to need a lot of coalition partners to make it work lol.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Feb 8, 2020

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

RTÉ briefly mentioned some geographical spread for the Greens and said they hit 12% in Dublin which could mean a decent number of seats

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1226265667353169923?s=20
What happens now?

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
It's a first preference exit poll so we're yet to see how transfers come into play.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

The counting doesnt actually start until tomorrow morning and will probably continue for 2 days-ish (maybe longer if this gets messy and multiple recounts are called in difficult seats) - With preference voting need to see how things shake out through the multiple rounds

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Time for a loving war, I guess. Lol at Aontú having 1.8% though.

cormac
Dec 18, 2005

Extra time, then penalties.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

FG win through controversial VAR decision

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
Ugh, really sick of FG and want them out, hopefully transfers help here.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

so what'll this be now, is it going to be a FF/FG coalition or what

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

V. Illych L. posted:

so what'll this be now, is it going to be a FF/FG coalition or what

Neither of them want that at all - I think FF will definitely be keeping an eye on the Greens and SocDems results, if they can manage to hit levels where pulling together <10 independents makes a viable government they will probably approach them before FG (and both parties would be relatively open to it I think).

Bear in mind from the exit poll that its likely FF and FG will pick up something like a 10-20 seat bump from their proportional share as transfers play out and SF are likely to fall short due to running insufficient candidates in seats where they will perform strongly.

If the greens do net like 10-12 TDs and the SocDems pull in 3 thats a nice little block of padding who are open to coalition at a price and I think both FF/FG will be chasing them for support

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Regional spread

https://twitter.com/harrymcgee/status/1226272556258414592?s=19

https://twitter.com/harrymcgee/status/1226273012791566336?s=19

https://twitter.com/harrymcgee/status/1226273348419801089?s=19

https://twitter.com/harrymcgee/status/1226274027397951489?s=19

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Part of me thinks, optimistically maybe, this is all going to result in landlords getting hosed. There's obviously a very heavy shift left by the electorate, which is only going to get stronger as more olds die and more young people come within voting range (at least for whatever general election there is in five years time). FF/FG would have to be stupid not to see it. So there's going to be a huge push for any party in power to have the state build houses, invest in transport and invest in healthcare. The money from that has to come from somewhere, but you probably don't want to go near the multi-nationals for it for fear of spooking them and potentially making the economy poo poo the bed (edit: or to at least be seen to be doing so). What you can do though is give every renter a de facto income boost by introducing rent controls, then stick the 15 billion from the Apple settlement into building houses and transport so the market becomes (relatively) functional again. loving the landlords would probably do all the tech companies a favour too by reducing cost of living for their nerds.

Entropy238 fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Feb 9, 2020

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Also it's extremely cool and good that Irish populism seems to have predominantly manifested in left wing form.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The maximum racism parties not appearing on the count is good aye.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I welcome any system of government that sees landlords getting warmed to knock off the abusive eviction / rent hike / rinse / repeat. Or failing that, has them piled into a rocket and launched into the Sun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

PowerBeard posted:

I welcome any system of government that sees landlords getting warmed to knock off the abusive eviction / rent hike / rinse / repeat. Or failing that, has them piled into a rocket and launched into the Sun.

Very kind of you to engage in left wing internationalism and use your landlords to destroy the newspaper.