Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Bodyguard mission first, maybe we'll luck into a Merlin.

Also, are we doing ops with a Marik Penal Battalion? They have 0 survival rate and get some crummy mechs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Ninurta posted:

Bodyguard mission first, maybe we'll luck into a Merlin.

Also, are we doing ops with a Marik Penal Battalion? They have 0 survival rate and get some crummy mechs.

Fair as the top FWLM brass we answer to are concerned, we’re working with a scout lance alongside a medium lance of brawlers on the Bodyguard Phase Two mission. They don’t tell us who’s in what cockpit, where they came from, or their previous experience. And, quite frankly, they don’t see a reason to—we’re supposed to be the deniable assets in the field who do as they’re told and don’t ask questions like “Hey, so the guys we’re rescuing, were they deliberately set up to fail?” and “Just what were those guys supposed to be doing, anyway?”

OOC, I’ve yet to decide how bad to set up the damage Watchdog Lance has suffered before the mission starts.

HereticMIND fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Aug 22, 2020

kirsus
Oct 9, 2012

Buncha freaks. I'll kill you all. well you know, in theory #166

paarp
Lipstick Apathy
To be fair, a couple of our liaisons have managed to make it out alright. The Trebuchet for example. But generally the Marik forces are much more aggressive than you'd think but I guess if it's the state that pays for your Mech it's easy to get into that mindset.

In any case let's once again have Alpha Lance once again run the Bodyguard Mission. I'm sure she'll be thrilled to see them again.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

:frogsiren:I AM EXTENDING THE VOTE BY ANOTHER TWO HOURS!:frogsiren:

In my hurry to get the update up, I mistakenly put down 12 hours instead of 24. To compensate for this, I am going to extend the deadline for voting by two hours.

VOTE IS CLOSED!

It looks like Alpha Lance is being tasked with being Bodyguards again!

EDIT: I'm doing test runs and getting screenshots now. I will post the update around Monday.

HereticMIND fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Aug 22, 2020

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Aw, missed the vote.

Quick Mech of the Mission: Hermes II
Enemy "Mech" of the Mission: Zephyr Hovertank #2

Debating whether to keep doing these, not sure they add all that much that isn't inherently obvious.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
How do pilots work? When you have pilot listed as

Firstname Lastname (5/5) Mechname vs
Lastname Firstname (2/2) Mechname

What's the difference?

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

ilmucche posted:

How do pilots work? When you have pilot listed as

Firstname Lastname (5/5) Mechname vs
Lastname Firstname (2/2) Mechname

What's the difference?

The numbers are used as a base target number before any modifiers are applied. BattleTech uses a 2d6 based rolling mechanic to determine success or failure. The higher the base target number, the worse that pilot is at things. Lower numbers are much, much better in regards to said base target numbers.

It’s usually read as Gunnery/Piloting, with 4/5 being considered the “standard” array.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Dammit too late to vote. When will Bravo get to do something T_T

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Gridlocked posted:

Dammit too late to vote. When will Bravo get to do something T_T

Your time will come, good friend. Your time will come.

As a heads up, the update is gonna have to be delayed until tomorrow(ish). Uploading the screenshots now; it's gonna take a long while for me to sort through all of them. Eclectic Taste got their nose bloodied, but she and the rest of the lance pulled through and got us the win. Plus, we now have a fourth dedicated lance. I've set it to training right now, but once the update goes up, we'll have to vote on what it'll be doing.

EDIT: Yeah, gonna have to push this date back. Expect the update to go up around Thursday at the latest.

EDIT 2: Friday or Saturday is my new window. Sorry!

HereticMIND fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Aug 28, 2020

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

So, I’ve been on a bit of an unexpected hiatus. Sorry! Things just came up at me so quickly that I needed to sideline this for a bit. That and I had a bit of a mental breakdown trying to solve multiple problems at once in as short of a timespan as possible (don’t worry, I’m ok now).

Other things still need my attention, unfortunately, but as soon as they’re finished, I’ll get back to this.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

:siren:MAJOR UPDATE:siren:

So. It's been a while. It's been a LONG while. Sorry for being dark this past month. I honestly did intend to come back swinging, but I just...never found the gumption. Figures, really. When I made my promise, I really did want to continue this. It was fun. It was unique. Hell, I had the screenshots ready to go when I stepped back and decided to take a break. Even had an ok storyline going.

But then, for some reason, I just...lost the spark, for lack of a better phrase. I don't know how else to put it. I'm sorry if that's a lovely explanation, I really am, but that's how it is. Lots of things hit me at once and I just...could not find it within myself to even force myself to update.

I am, unfortunately, choosing to abandon this LP. I'm sorry if people were expecting me to come back with an update. It's just not in the cards.

To try and alleviate some of the stinging this leaves behind, I'm linking the framework save I used, and the most recent saves in an archive, along with the portrait packs and camo packs I use to help keep things playing nice for people to play with/continue the fight. It's not much (in fact, it's less than what you guys deserve from me), but I hope it's something.

Who knows. Maybe someone will try and do one better.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Sorry to hear it. LPs like this are fun to read, but I understand the things in life that can just drain the will to do it. May your next attempt work better :)

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Thanks for being honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
No worries my dude, it was fun while it was here, appreciate the honesty and hope you can get back to it one day! :D