Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The big (perceived) barrier is that prisms and golfballs require completion of non-matchmade activities, like Pit of Heresy. The lack of in-game matchmaking is seen as a "I will never do this" sign to some players.

That’s a fair criticism IMO and one that I’ve leveled many times at various activities in this game! Matchmaking is indeed the worst and often most time-consuming portion of a lot of them in my experience. It’s very important to find a group you can count on if you want to do things on the regular or go for legend in survival or play trials etc. I primarily play PvP and still don’t have a group for trials and have never gone flawless. So, I understand both sides of the matchmaking debate - sometimes you just want to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I forgot how much I love my scooty puff jr sparrow

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Cruel joke is you technically can matchmake for golf balls, but the drop rate is so low it's basically zero. So you have to suffer through a somewhat tough nightfall with the biggest idiots matchmaking can dig up and still get nothing for it.

There should be some kind of special emblem for people that put themselves through that. "Get an ascendant shard in a matchmade nightfall."

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Alright question, as a new person to this game, should I be bothering with these Intro quests that are presumably taking me to planets that will be vaulted next Tuesday? Or should I just be getting light levels or w/e through Strikes and Crucible til the new stuff drops??? tia

Rocketraygun posted something last page in addition to what others have already said. That said I don't know how much time you have to play between now and when the servers go down to roll out the next season but even the Evacuation quest took me a good 5-6+ hours possibly more from start to finish so I just focused on that (and am trying to wrap up my ikelos chain tonight) but a lot of very experienced D2 players in this thread tend to underestimate how long it takes to complete things (or at least how long it takes for schlubs like me)

RocketRaygun posted:

I posted this a few pages back:

0) Get (and hold onto) the exotic cypher from Mars.
1) Traveler's Chosen quest (evacuation, from Zavala)
2) Ruinous Effigy and Catalyst
3) Get to level 35 on the seasonal track for guillotine
4) Rat King from Titan, Sleeper/PLance from Mars
5) Telesto Catalyst from Prestige Eater

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

aejix posted:

Rocketraygun posted something last page in addition to what others have already said. That said I don't know how much time you have to play between now and when the servers go down to roll out the next season but even the Evacuation quest took me a good 5-6+ hours possibly more from start to finish so I just focused on that (and am trying to wrap up my ikelos chain tonight) but a lot of very experienced D2 players in this thread tend to underestimate how long it takes to complete things (or at least how long it takes for schlubs like me)

I guess I got nothing else going on so I may as well take a swing at it. Judging from the guide I was looking at, it looked like an 8+ hour thing, but if it's still a fair bit short of that I may can finish it.

Suppose I should also look into this Mars exotic cypher thing and see if I have access.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Is there a good guide to what currencies we should be spending before Beyond Light?

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Traitorous Leopard posted:

I guess I got nothing else going on so I may as well take a swing at it. Judging from the guide I was looking at, it looked like an 8+ hour thing, but if it's still a fair bit short of that I may can finish it.

Suppose I should also look into this Mars exotic cypher thing and see if I have access.

The mars exotic cypher is literally looking at a screen and then going back to Ana Bray. It'll take you 5 minutes tops.

https://www.polygon.com/destiny-2-g...tt-helsom-guide

It was added as a tribute to a guy who worked on the Warmind DLC and passed away last year.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

CottonWolf posted:

The worst thing about Red War going away is that there's now nowhere that this track plays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYfe9caNqfA

Journey plays as a stinger at the start of Midtown and Bannerfall.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Season of Arrivals is great because of the radio talk between Drifter and Eris

And all the art that’s come from it

https://twitter.com/pppongd2/status/1325507477924839425?s=21

https://twitter.com/backupraccoon/status/1323310962774929408?s=20

https://twitter.com/nyarbon_dioxide/status/1322617246531739649?s=21

https://twitter.com/nyarbon_dioxide/status/1317382686223200256?s=21

https://twitter.com/nyarbon_dioxide/status/1312505528547827713?s=21

Friendship ended with Zavala and Ikora, now Drifter and Eris are my new best friends

Looking forward to Beyond Light and the both of them being lovable weirdos in their own ways

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Nov 9, 2020

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
drifter and eris hate flirting during the PE was one of the best parts.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I finished Evacuation and I assume we're not seeing Ashur, Vance, or Sloane again but I want to see Sloane's hosed up power armor at some point

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Oh we'll see Asher again

He will be multitudes, but we will see him again

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I want to imagine Vance is just a series of Vances jumping each other from behind and strangling the other, infinitely

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i deleted all my dupes and literally all my armor pieces besides a few exotics and i still have 180 items in this vault :negative:

i could delete all the 1060 capped gear i guess. the worst that happens is that some of it is really good in pvp meta for some reason and i will have to wait for it to be reintroduced with a 1500 cap in two seasons or whatever

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
That's not a good system BUT it's totally fine to just delete it all, just burnnnn it all down and start fresh

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Eej posted:

I want to imagine Vance is just a series of Vances jumping each other from behind and strangling the other, infinitely

I like how Vance isn't even a guardian or anything, he just went gently caress it and hopped in there

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Vance is bad because Mercury patrol zone is bad, but his passive aggressive whining when you stand around him is pretty funny.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

SgtSteel91 posted:

Season of Arrivals is great because of the radio talk between Drifter and Eris

And all the art that’s come from it

Friendship ended with Zavala and Ikora, now Drifter and Eris are my new best friends

Looking forward to Beyond Light and the both of them being lovable weirdos in their own ways

No one done one of them as jay and silent bob outside of the tower convenience store selling umbrals

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

xzzy posted:

Vance is bad because Mercury patrol zone is bad, but his passive aggressive whining when you stand around him is pretty funny.

You decimated the Vex here on Mercury, and ensured their mechanization has halted? You have achieved exactly one half of what Osiris could have, if he wasn't even pay attention! Astounding!

*meanwhile in the Infinite Forest*

Sagira! The Vex have trapped me again! I need your assistance!

No Osiris, you tripped on some stairs and your helmet fell down. Stand up and dust yourself off.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

life_source posted:

You decimated the Vex here on Mercury, and ensured their mechanization has halted? You have achieved exactly one half of what Osiris could have, if he wasn't even pay attention! Astounding!

*meanwhile in the Infinite Forest*

Sagira! The Vex have trapped me again! I need your assistance!

No Osiris, you tripped on some stairs and your helmet fell down. Stand up and dust yourself off.

A million million timelines where Osiris needs the player to help him not instantly get owned by a thrall that walked on in to the forest and became Drux, Spacetime Thrallking, whose legions are made up of all the other Thrallkings owning Osiris, right next to all the ones where we have to keep replaying those same two strikes it made me do literally two months in a row, what the hell

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

xzzy posted:

Actually turns out Vance went the hardest of all the vendors

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Reddit solved the ARG and it's quite a doozy of a read: https://www.reddit.com/r/raidsecrets/comments/jqiyeo/beyond_light_arg_solutiondecoded_sequence/

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

battuta, is this you?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ib5OXH3UQr-6eG-eXlQEvMjsdV1p2Y45/view

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

haven't played in forever, just shard all my purple armor and most weapons?

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Basically, yeah. You're gonna get flooded with items starting tuesday. Might as well just hang onto stuff until you start getting through content.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

I am glad Io is going away because Asher Mir is annoying and I probably won't hear him as often. Goodbye yellow planet rick sanchez, you will not be missed.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

I am glad Io is going away because Asher Mir is annoying and I probably won't hear him as often. Goodbye yellow planet rick sanchez, you will not be missed.

Conversely I'm gonna kinda miss hearing him get owned by Ikora esp. in the Pyramidion

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

Asher is GOAT, fooooool.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
here we are again. Bought the expansion today to get the preorder stuff, hopefully it doesnt suck lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

At least he’s distinct. There’s a mission on earth where the two people in your earpiece are Hawthorne and Sloane and without subtitles it’s almost impossible to tell which serious duty-focused lady is which

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, I'm fine with Asher, but that's because my exposure to him these days is like, when Pyramidion comes up in Strike/Nightfall, because he works well with other characters giving him a hard time.

Doing weekly stuff on Io and having to hear "INSUFFERABLE RACKET" all the time I won't blame people for being annoyed with him.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

here we are again. Bought the expansion today to get the preorder stuff, hopefully it doesnt suck lol
Probably gonna do the same here in a bit. 62$ big ones here in Canada for the expansion + season.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Come join our discord, play gaem with us. Destiny is best enjoyed in the kind of company that will use ice grenades to troll you in strikes.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Asher can be grating, but at least he is no Failsafe who is trying way too hard to be funny and fails at it utterly

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm surprised they're throwing Mars in the bin over Nessus tbh

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Nessus remains a fan favorite and also the Vex are going to be important in the coming plot

No one really likes Mars, or the content its associated with, conversely.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Psycho Landlord posted:

Nessus remains a fan favorite and also the Vex are going to be important in the coming plot

No one really likes Mars, or the content its associated with, conversely.

we never got a mars raid in the pits of rasputin and the ice caves and all that cool poo poo with the final boss being a Taken Xol and I'm gonna die mad about it

I'm a lore-carer and the loving worm gods deserve better than being a throwaway strike boss.

big worm

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

we never got a mars raid in the pits of rasputin and the ice caves and all that cool poo poo with the final boss being a Taken Xol and I'm gonna die mad about it

I'm a lore-carer and the loving worm gods deserve better than being a throwaway strike boss.

big worm

If you're a lore-carer than the existence of Xol in Warmind should have been a big red flag in the first place lol

It's okay he's a gun now, he's happy

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Of the planets being removed, IMO:
Titan = Mars > Io > Mercury

Titan is cool aesthetically, but there's very little going on / reasons to go there.
I like Mars visually, the strikes are kinda weak, but I like the lost sectors and EP and bounty/quest/catalyst grinders.
I don't really like Io visually, but it has a lot more going on then Mercury. It's the host of Whisper, which is exceptionally cool.
Mercury sucks mechanically, but has some cool visuals, particular with past Mercury. Feels like the greatest missed opportunity.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

big worm

Xol is cannonically the smallest of the big worms so look forward to the 2023 expansion where you get a raid boss that is the Twinmold fight from Majoras Mask but it's Yul and Eir.

life_source fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Nov 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Eternal lol that Mercury got by far the coolest pyramid skybox