Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

von Metternich
May 7, 2007
Why the hell not?
Remembered to swap out Patterson exactly two minutes after the national anthem had started. WELP.

On the other hand, I got beaten like 140-67 last week so I think I'm past the point where one player makes the difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

von Metternich posted:

Remembered to swap out Patterson exactly two minutes after the national anthem had started. WELP.

On the other hand, I got beaten like 140-67 last week so I think I'm past the point where one player makes the difference.

thank u for snapping my losing streak :tipshat:

also it was more like 160 ;)

HiroProtagonist fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Nov 19, 2021

thecriterionman
Dec 21, 2020
Let me clarify that I haven’t suffered a stroke and only looking to make reasonable trades. Not things like Agnew for Metcalf

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
lol it literally said in the comments that it wasn't a real trade. I was just saying I think you're making a good decision for your team, and to start trade talks going if there was someone on mine you liked.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

lol it literally said in the comments that it wasn't a real trade. I was just saying I think you're making a good decision for your team, and to start trade talks going if there was someone on mine you liked.

Maybe that’s what happened when they offered me Keenan Allen and TJ Watt for Derrick Henry

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
That made me remember the draft where we were talking about dropping our keepers right before it started. I said if we could I'd happily drop CEH so I could grab Najee.

For funsies I plugged him in for CEH (or his replacement) each week, and was surprised to learn that I only would have picked up 55.2 total points, and only one more win.

Granted both of those numbers could well be the difference between regulation and not, but it wasn't quite as bad as I'd feared.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I don't know if it's a bug or something but my friends said they haven't been seeing my comments this season, only the final comments like "thanks for trading" when we finalized something.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

It’s a bad strategy anyway. What’s even the point? It’s obviously much more likely they’re just going to decline the trade without reading anything and just think you’re too unreasonable to trade with in the future.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

dkj posted:

It’s a bad strategy anyway. What’s even the point? It’s obviously much more likely they’re just going to decline the trade without reading anything and just think you’re too unreasonable to trade with in the future.

I mean, this may be true sometimes, but I would hope the literal #2 or 3 WR for literal WW trash wasn't taken as a serious trade offer.

However this player and I have already made a trade this year, so I don't think he thinks I'm unreasonable.

I was on my phone with no real way to message him, so I put it in the trade comments. Nbd

(I think there's only been two trades in this league total this year, and I've been part of both.)

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

I was on my phone with no real way to message him, so I put it in the trade comments. Nbd

Regarding this, is there a reason we use ESPN rather than Sleeper which allows DMs/chat?

darkspider42
Oct 7, 2004

Best Buy security. You'll have to come with me sir.

dkj posted:

Regarding this, is there a reason we use ESPN rather than Sleeper which allows DMs/chat?

Laziness, momentum, lack of urgency, wasn't around when the league started, historical info - pick your poison.

If we want we can address it in the offseason.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

darkspider42 posted:

Laziness, momentum, lack of urgency, wasn't around when the league started, historical info - pick your poison.

If we want we can address it in the offseason.

Was mostly curious because we used sleeper for the draft. I don’t know if anyone cares enough to switch.

thecriterionman
Dec 21, 2020
Would love to switch to something where we can DM/chat. Makes trades too difficult to go through email like espn. I didn’t even see there were comments attached to the trade

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

thecriterionman posted:

Would love to switch to something where we can DM/chat. Makes trades too difficult to go through email like espn. I didn’t even see there were comments attached to the trade

You absolutely can just send a DM by going to someone's team page on either desktop or mobile

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
Jonathan Taylor holy loving poo poo :stare:

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
i would much rather use ESPN, which all four of my other pay to play leagues use, than have to worry about logging into some totally different app/website, especially when there are both PMs on the forum and a message system on ESPN. if you don't have plat in tyool 2021 I will buy you a cert just so you have it

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
The espn app has really sucked this year with the amount of ads it loads but I have no preference really

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
(Tier B) von Metternich check ur trade offers pls before 10pm EST

e: I suppose I could always just resend it but i'd prefer to just get an answer one way or another.

thecriterionman
Dec 21, 2020
If someone can show me how to chat on the app it would be greatly appreciated. in the meantime Tier A if anyone would like to trade ahead of the deadline for a championship run or to stave off regulation I put the players I am willing to deal in a nice and convenient google doc to look at. Plenty of guys that can help you out https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wdjM69ag_l4EtSQe84tdGs50D6CIgSR0RGm_IYZVsdA/edit#gid=0

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

It's hard to keep sand out of ears this big.
Fun Shoe
Winning by 0.2 at the end of regulation... When are these scores final? Please please PLEASE no stat corrections!

darkspider42
Oct 7, 2004

Best Buy security. You'll have to come with me sir.

Anubis posted:

Winning by 0.2 at the end of regulation... When are these scores final? Please please PLEASE no stat corrections!

Usually by waivers running on Wed but I've seen them as late as Thursday morning.

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

Fun Shoe

darkspider42 posted:

Usually by waivers running on Wed but I've seen them as late as Thursday morning.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo! They already corrected it to a loss. :( This season is just killing me.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Anubis posted:

Nooooooooooooooooooooo! They already corrected it to a loss. :( This season is just killing me.

rip in peace

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Third in both points for and against...might squeak into the playoffs but odds aren't good.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

May the football gods have mercy on me for not keeping Our Lord and Savior Deebo...

Man did I piss them off...

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Man did I piss them off...

Yeah they’re mad at me too. In my keeper league I could have kept him for 8 out of a 460 salary cap (essentially a 17th round value). Fortunately I drafted him again, just at 95 this time so basically a 9th.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
I gotta say, the complete collapse of my team over the course of a week has been impressive. Hurts questionable, Dalvin dead, Swift dead, McKissic dead.

Anyone got a startable RB they'd like to trade? If you are looking forward to next year I can put Cook on the block. (Tier A, Hurts Immunity)

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Wellllll I was at the Eagles @ Jets game and forgot to sit Henderson for RoJo for Denny’s Bathroom but it was a difference of 0.7 points anyway soooooooo

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

Fun Shoe
I survive and make the playoffs! Just 2 wins away from getting this tier B stank back off me and regaining my proper place as a middling/struggling tier A club for the.... 3rd time.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

We'll, at least I made my money back, 4 out of my 5 wins were top of the week. My team just lacked consistency early on. And ran into hot teams at the wrong time.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
straight up logjam at 7-6 in tier B. this last week before playoffs is gonna be huge

zeroordie
Aug 27, 2004

Trade deadline is tomorrow at midnight. Let's make some moves.

I (Bombardment Society, Tier A.) would be open to moving AJ Brown (he's great but he's on IR so he doesn't help me right now, he's ranked very highly in dynasty rankings), Hunter Renfrow (great since Ruggs went down), or possibly an RB. taso @ tasog . com if you want to discuss.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
(Tier B) Gridiron Chefs please check your trades :tipshat:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

barnold posted:

straight up logjam at 7-6 in tier B. this last week before playoffs is gonna be huge

Very thankful Jonathan Taylor is on bye this week

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Very thankful Jonathan Taylor is on bye this week

hold up i thought anubis was the olokun senpai team

drat it's hard to keep y'all straight

e: lol nope

anyway, enjoy your (probable) win since I guess all of my prospective trade partners have checked out of the season

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

HiroProtagonist posted:

anyway, enjoy your (probable) win since I guess all of my prospective trade partners have checked out of the season

yes yes oniisan!!!

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

HiroProtagonist posted:

My bad the trade notification email went to my promotions tab in gmail or whatever and due to that aws outage on tuesday I worked a 24hr shift and was just zonked the last few days. I saw it today and was interested but it had already expired :(

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Master Stur posted:

My bad the trade notification email went to my promotions tab in gmail or whatever and due to that aws outage on tuesday I worked a 24hr shift and was just zonked the last few days. I saw it today and was interested but it had already expired :(

No worries mate! Trade deadline was already looming anyway.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

yes yes oniisan!!!

Things are looking much more competitive this week anyway :)

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

:rip: my Tier A dreams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

Fun Shoe
What am I doing next week?

Only registered members can see post attachments!