Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Anyone wanna bet that he doesn't actually buy twitter?

He bought what, 9 percent of the total stocks? a month ago? its up 9% in value?

dude is gonna sell it and laugh his way to the bank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

My wet president, how I have missed you

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
His followers all learned the term "based" in 2008 and haven't been able to work out or understand any new slang words since.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
you'll all change your tune once bill gates goes absolutely nuts over the epstein stuff and holds the world hostage and elon musk and jeff bezos save us from his nuclear killbots

syntaxfunction posted:

I once keyed my own car

savage

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

run on sentience posted:

I can't tell if this is for or against musk. I would have assumed that garrison would support his fellow shitbag.

Lot of people are saying this, but it's definitely against. Garrison hates Musk and that's not the first time he made it clear.

... Don't ask me to explain why, though. Garrison's a lunatic. I guess Musk is a pretty divisive figure in different camps of internet loons, and Garrison is from the anti-Musk one.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
One thing I will say about this whole ordeal is that if Trump does end up getting unbanned then his comeback tweet is gonna pop harder than Stone Cold's entrance music at Wrestlemania. It's going to be the Elephant's Foot of posts, an instant classic that will endure for all time and I'm excited to see what the big man's been cooking up in interim.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Three Olives posted:

https://twitter.com/JamesSurowiecki/status/1518773828087910401

https://i.imgur.com/U3sbsXa.mp4

Simply amazing that Elon exists as allegedly one of the wealthiest people in the history of earth.

Wait, seriously, 4-5%? Musky's taken for a ride lol. In interest for a margin loan on my account is under 1%, but maybe if they knew it was a loan to buy twitter, they'd crank it up too.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

EorayMel posted:

Also I have always had twitter embeds disabled on something awful and the percentage of posts that are just mind-numbing lines of pale blue URLs is almost saddening

look at this nerd, thinks theyre too cool for the lolz factory

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Given he added the ability to buy Teslas with Bitcoin, and then removed it after he "found out that it's not really that green after all", which is essentially like someone saying that they discovered that McDonalds sold fast food after sitting down and asking for the wine menu, there's an above average chance he'll back out after publicly announcing that he "found something" in Twitter's accounts, or source code, or maybe a closet, that means he can't proceed with the purchase.

And he'll have like 1000 people praising him for exposing what they already believed, another 1000 crying that they spent their life savings on Dogecoin and now it's going back down again, and the rest posting about XYZ crypto that he should back.

baalaagaa
Apr 9, 2004
Don't worry Trump isn't coming back, he's committed to the smashing success called Truth Social.
A rich idiot wasting 44 billion sure has caused a lot of butthurt amongst the terminally online.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

baalaagaa posted:

Don't worry Trump isn't coming back, he's committed to the smashing success called Truth Social.
A rich idiot wasting 44 billion sure has caused a lot of butthurt amongst the terminally online.

IIRC trunk has never posted on Truth again after his first post lol

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Yaldabaoth posted:

There's no such thing as an evil person

lmao

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Evil is the root of all money. Luxury gay space communism or death.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Tim Chuma
Dec 19, 2009
I don't think people could be bothered to update the forum software these days.

This and "adult services review" forums are the only ones that don't use the social media groups.

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Lot of people are saying this, but it's definitely against. Garrison hates Musk and that's not the first time he made it clear.

... Don't ask me to explain why, though. Garrison's a lunatic. I guess Musk is a pretty divisive figure in different camps of internet loons, and Garrison is from the anti-Musk one.

Nope, Garrison thinks it's a good thing.

Ben Garrison posted:

PRETTY BIRD! SAY “FREE SPEECH!”

Elon Musk now owns nearly 10 percent of Twitter, which sent shivers of fear up the censorious spines of those currently running the company. Musk is now being attacked on MSNBC and other globalist, lefty media outlets. They say he’s a ‘racist’ and the usual blather. They do not want Musk to return free speech to the public square that was Twitter.

Musk was going to be on the board, but then he would have been limited to how much stock he would be allowed to have. Instead he declined the post and now he can buy more shares. He’s one of the richest men in the world and he could certainly afford it and he may be one of the few oligarchs who is out to restore some of our freedom rather than take it away.

Musk can be a hero here, but he needs help. If conservatives bought the stock and then transferred their voting rights to him by proxy, the Tesla honcho could end up with a controlling stake and thus make changes including the reintroduction of free speech. He might even restore President Trump’s posting privileges.

One can only hope…

— Ben Garrison

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Asgerd posted:

Nope, Garrison thinks it's a good thing.

Okay, well, egg's on my face for trying to think I understand anything about Ben Garrison or can intuit his views based on 1) his past statements and 2) his actual art.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Wendigee posted:

The only reason I think this isn't the case is he'd have to pay tax.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
The best take on this I saw somewhere I can't find right now was: "The world's biggest clown just bought the world's largest circus."

worm girl
Feb 12, 2022

Can you hear it too?

pablo gbscobar posted:

One thing I will say about this whole ordeal is that if Trump does end up getting unbanned then his comeback tweet is gonna pop harder than Stone Cold's entrance music at Wrestlemania. It's going to be the Elephant's Foot of posts, an instant classic that will endure for all time and I'm excited to see what the big man's been cooking up in interim.

My bet is that the magic will be gone. He's going to thank Mr. Musk and 600,000 weird linkedin guys will heart react it, but it won't have that je ne sais quois.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy

worm girl posted:

My bet is that the magic will be gone. He's going to thank Mr. Musk and 600,000 weird linkedin guys will heart react it, but it won't have that je ne sais quois.

I'm mostly in agreement but I reckon he still has a couple of bangers in him, like a classic band that reunites for the money and manages to squeeze just enough juice out of their comeback single to justify the tour

worm girl
Feb 12, 2022

Can you hear it too?

pablo gbscobar posted:

I'm mostly in agreement but I reckon he still has a couple of bangers in him, like a classic band that reunites for the money and manages to squeeze just enough juice out of their comeback single to justify the tour

Picture an aging Trump pouring his heart out on a 14 post thread and people in the replies are just throwing bottles and shouting for him to play the Graydon Carter tweet again.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Clown buying the circus lol

I told a coworker it was like the rich kid who always got picked last coming back and buying the basketball court

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Wendigee posted:

I assume its all a song and dance to distract people away from the fact tesla are having to recall their deathtraps in huge numbers thanks to a court ruling.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

barmk ima dog lol posted:

Twitter is for dumb babies who want to eat poo but they're too stupid to cram the turd in their mouths and end up splatting it in their eye and they start to cry and scream until their hungover dad comes in, irritated as gently caress, with a box of cereal and starts swatting them in the back of the head with it while saying "Shut up shut up"

Amen. :lofty:

StoryTime posted:

The best take on this I saw somewhere I can't find right now was: "The world's biggest clown just bought the world's largest circus."

Also amen :lofty:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
:rolleyes: Reddit :rolleyes: but I caught this one on the wild last night:

:thunk:

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
'if twitter becomes large enough' dude the thing is referenced as a trusted source on major cable news networks how much bigger could it get??????

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i've got an idea to grow twitter, how about a deal with samsung to include the twitter app on every new phone? and get this, you can't delete it!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
A hundred dollars to the man who brings me the head of Elon Musk.

(any other gender identity bringing me the head of elon musk is acceptable. void where prohibited)

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Having the most money makes you the most smartest.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

kntfkr posted:

Having the most money makes you the most smartest.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

the man who founded the global economy by crashing it the hardest it ever did

but, like, everywhere

elon musk has the money to Mansa Musa everyone but he won't do it because he loves being rich and is scared of criticism lol

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Apr 26, 2022

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
i think elon is a stupid name

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Lots of coping in this thread. Elon's gonna buy twitter, Trump will get re-platformed, the fascists will be doubly emboldened, twitter will push people towards right wing content and completely suppress anything humane or leftist at all, and twitter will look like /pol/ before long. Get ready for a lot more Marjorie Taylor Greene's in public office.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

stratdax posted:

Lots of coping in this thread. Elon's gonna buy twitter, Trump will get re-platformed, the fascists will be doubly emboldened, twitter will push people towards right wing content and completely suppress anything humane or leftist at all, and twitter will look like /pol/ before long. Get ready for a lot more Marjorie Taylor Greene's in public office.

I heard her voice for the first time on the radio the other day and it made me want to shoot myself in the nuts.

Kale
May 14, 2010

I love this narrative in some mainstream news site opinion sections that there's going to be some noticeable before and after with twitter and it will "become" a cesspool. Like to me twitter is the place people go to post their stupid hot takes, shitpost memes, dunk on people for whatever, and just generally act like a complete shithead so like what's the difference really? It's the place you go to be loving stupid and will remain as such albeit apparently with everyone greater leeway to do so apparently.

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Make a not of this, because the American far right wing is in it's trolling phase right now because it's generally what they do, but will ultimately enter it's grievance phase with Elon Twitter by some time next year after the deal closes because it's the other thing they do. You'll get to see the entirety of the performance and political theater in the long run. I mean gently caress their entire political and election strategy relies on culture war and the idea that they are forever being censored and need to rise to action, it's not like it's something they can ever just abandon or claim is magically solved by one particularly thing happening and actually stick to such a claim for more than news cycle. That'd make Elon twitter takeover actually terrible for their electoral prospects if they actually adopted a belief that their grievances are now magical solved and they go back to not being fired up to vote for lovely right wing candidate x in deep red state y.

barmk ima dog lol posted:

Twitter is for dumb babies who want to eat poo but they're too stupid to cram the turd in their mouths and end up splatting it in their eye and they start to cry and scream until their hungover dad comes in, irritated as gently caress, with a box of cereal and starts swatting them in the back of the head with it while saying "Shut up shut up"

I'm pretty sure we're supposed to pretend it's something great and a tool for communication and good like the mainstream media continues too to this day. I love how the MSM continues to disregard that the platform is an absolute pile of loving poo poo in practice, that is in large part responsible for the decline of productive civil discourse in Western civilization and it's ability to accomplish anything anymore.

Hopefully somebody will make a timeline for the happening of free speech on twitter and can show us all in particular the exact specific moment in time down to the second when we all get our free speech, since there's clearly an exact specific definition of what that means to allow for such a distinction. :lol:

Kale fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Apr 26, 2022

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

GABA ghoul posted:

IIRC trunk has never posted on Truth again after his first post lol

If you post a sick liberal dunk online and there's no libs around to see it did your dunk even exist in the first place

Kale
May 14, 2010

Jimlit posted:

If you post a sick liberal dunk online and there's no libs around to see it did your dunk even exist in the first place

No you see you don't understand. There's no dunking going on because people are being silenced by the tyranny from _____ from voicing their opinion you see. How do I know these people are being silenced if they're being silenced from telling us they're being silenced......well you see they're being silenced you see.....but now they won't be you see....don't you see? :psyboom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Hopefully this brings us closer to the complete death and outlawing of social media.

#crucifymarkzuckerbergupsidedownonthestepsofbryantpark2024