Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I will quit my job the moment they even talk about going into the office “maybe once or twice a week”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I had to close a whole 10 NCRs today. Inside of an office.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
i got it in writing today that i'm now officially considered a remote employee (used to work in office before lockdown) so i can basically move anywhere in the country i want and work from there :cool:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

ben shapino posted:

i got it in writing today that i'm now officially considered a remote employee (used to work in office before lockdown) so i can basically move anywhere in the country i want and work from there :cool:

watch out for your entitlmeenst bro

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

watch out for your entitlmeenst bro

They're out for the entitlements

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

The Butcher posted:

HR keeps writing me up and saying "that's not how the topless cafeteria works, nobody wants to see that and you are ruining their lunches."

I'm taking this to the human rights tribunal.

It's not even may and you're already submitting blood tickets.

naem
May 29, 2011

ben shapino posted:

I’d kinda like to get there in my career too and have enough cash in the bank to buy a little house somewhere affordable

probably as close to retirement as I’ll get

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Seven pages and I'm still baffled that anyone wants more office in their lives.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Had first mandatory week back at the office this week. Got an email today saying I was exposed to covid day one.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

If you are a person who enjoys and looks forward to talking to people at the office, just know that they all hate you and dread seeing you. "Great, here comes that shithead to talk about his boring poo poo and I am forced to be in the same physical space as him" is what they think when they see you coming.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

to make my wfh office more realistic to the traditional downtown office experience i have infested it with mice and termites

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
Woot just got word that starting in July I’ll be fully remote! Moving to another state :)

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

GolfHole posted:

to make my wfh office more realistic to the traditional downtown office experience i have infested it with mice and termites

If you want to fully immerse yourself, you can hire a homeless person to sit outside your door, shoot up and nod off, and leave you a poo occasionally.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i'm in the office rn

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i'm in the office rn

In contrast to last Friday, I didn't rub one out at the workplace today.

Edit: this isn't the Friday thread, but it still fits.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Got email last night that we are starting to reopen with a lot of the typical bullshit

"BUT BUT BUT IN PERSON INTERACTION :qq:"

But email also makes it sound like they are smart enough to realize that the toothpaste is out of the tube so we will be hybrid from here on out rather than ever going back to full office which is cool

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
When I worked in the office, I was so bored that I slowly explored every nook and cranny of the structure and surroundings, and accumulated all the access I could. Had access to every other inch of the place, but could never get my own roof access, to my great sadness. Though I would volunteer to take any roof work when I could, and just be the last guy leaving so I could slip off and chill up there.

I had a really good nap nook in a room that everyone apparently forgot.

Fed a lot of crows peanuts, and found some dope meditation/reading spots for my "smoke breaks" and lunch breaks.

This is what we pay white collar office workers for.

naem
May 29, 2011

I had six hours of calls yesterday that I took from home and then 4-5 hours of emergent stuff that came up after to deal with so no restful wfh experience

today at work physically with much less to do so far, that is my, thread post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

WFH means no commute or office food so that's easily an extra $20 and about two hours each day for me, at no cost to my MegaCorp.