Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How many UFC champions will lose their titles this month?
This poll is closed.
0 4 11.76%
1 4 11.76%
2 5 14.71%
3 1 2.94%
All of them, in an event known as The Happening 20 58.82%
Total: 34 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Sucks that Nate has to job to Khamzat but I’m glad he’ll get to make more money in a lesser promotion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

CarlCX posted:

I preemptively apologize for pissing off the thread two months from now by writing an extra-long screed about my personal distaste for the Diazes

Yes but have you considered the stockton hey buddy?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Maigius posted:

Has Connor McGregor done anything since breaking his ankle?

He’s done. On social media he’s on permanent vacation and when he’s not on a yacht he’s at his bar.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

LobsterMobster posted:

wow, he should have fought more guys to run out his contract sooner

The talk behind the scenes are that every fight the UFC has offered Nate has had a contract extension built it. Dana still wants Nate v Conor III to happen.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Fozzy The Bear posted:

The talk behind the scenes are that every fight the UFC has offered Nate has had a contract extension built it. Dana still wants Nate v Conor III to happen.

according to the very reputable random responder in that twitter thread, the offer for this was - he re-signs, he gets Poirier; he doesn't, he fights Khamzat. sounds like the exact kind of thing that dana would offer so i choose to believe it fully

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?

CarlCX posted:

I preemptively apologize for pissing off the thread two months from now by writing an extra-long screed about my personal distaste for the Diazes

I look forward to it.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Maigius posted:

Talks a lot of poo poo on twitter

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Fozzy The Bear posted:

https://twitter.com/heynottheface/status/1549487193248256000
Diaz is still a slave to his TWO year contract he signed in 2016.

Throw "prison" in here somewhere and you've got the plot for next summer's a megahit blockbuster

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

There was also that one set of gym photos where Conor looked like someone made a Vectorman character out of overripe grapefruits, that was a lot of fun

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

beep by grandpa posted:

quick I need that street fighter 2 pic of blanka saying he lost the fight because he got bit and turned into a monster

late, but

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

LobsterMobster posted:

various crimes

This has to be a thread title at some point. Perfect in its simplicity.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Thanks for the update on Compound McFracture. The break was on my wedding day, and when I got back to the hotel it helped me destress after the day. Figured I'd check back in after a year.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Maigius posted:

kilos and kilos of coke

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

https://twitter.com/bullyb170/status/1549475763208032256?s=20&t=8W-WkZuZrYC0ZclEgYnCpg

Same

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

would be really funny if nate derails khamzat on his way out somehow

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I'm not a Diaz fan but I love chaos so let's go Nate.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Unperson_47 posted:

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Fozzy The Bear posted:

How can you dislike the Diaz bros? They are anti-establishment, fun fight style, great trash talk, good at boxing and jujits.

It grates on me that they get a pass for a lot of poo poo because of their personas and because they serve a greater good of making Dana White personally unhappy.

That said,

Unperson_47 posted:

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The greater good of making Dana unhappy counts for a lot.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I believe I made this in reference to Cejudo beating Dillashaw at 143 but really any situation where Dana gets huge and red and wet is to be encouraged

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'm actually unable to think of a fighter who I dislike for reasons other than being a fascist who I wouldn't be at least slightly positive about if they made Dana angry.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

CommonShore posted:

I'm actually unable to think of a fighter who I dislike for reasons other than being a fascist who I wouldn't be at least slightly positive about if they made Dana angry.

dillashaw?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Brut posted:

dillashaw?

The perfect example, actually. If he put effort into making Dana angry, I'd forgive lots of his failings in terms of having a lovely personality, ethics, and attitude.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

CommonShore posted:

Yeah, fascism and spousal abuse are the two that turn me off. Which is unfortunately half the UFC roster.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
You love to
hate to see it
https://variety.com/2022/digital/news/joe-rogan-homeless-controversy-1235318314/

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I mean, Joe Rogan is an idiot, but it’s pretty obvious that he’s just complaining about violent crime in LA and not actually endorsing supporting homeless people.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

blue footed boobie posted:

I mean, Joe Rogan is an idiot, but it’s pretty obvious that he’s just complaining about violent crime in LA and not actually endorsing supporting homeless people.

Even if you assume that is obvious, you still have to remember that Joe Rogan is saying this to an audience of people so stupid that they listen to Joe Rogan

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

For whatever reason, DC weighing in here made me laugh

https://twitter.com/dc_mma/status/1549793599411437583?t

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

blue footed boobie posted:

No he’s pretty clearly not endorsing supporting homeless people

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

beep by grandpa posted:

For whatever reason, DC weighing in here made me laugh

DC is such a fat kid at heart. It's very funny.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Trillhouse posted:

DC is such a fat kid at heart. It's very funny.

Oh man it's been seven and a half years since this glorious thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0CfNA12aFw

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

CommonShore posted:

speaking of which i was in my local hardware and clothing store's gun section (america.txt) and saw some company was selling rifle scopes with the promise of a free tim kennedy online seminar teaching you to shoot at the piss collectors accurately or whatever. i guess he's making money as a gun guy now

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
lol, lmao

https://twitter.com/espnmma/status/1549836445468299264?t=EJUVeriXu8KNZ-25FOMaeA&s=19

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Hope the SoundCloud rapper gets smashed.

That card’s getting crazy, Aljo-Dillashaw either has been added or is likely to be added too.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

If Sean O'Malley defeats Petr Yan I will write a minimum-3000 word breakdown about how he is the best bantamweight of the generation and he was right about how all of the fights he lost or hosed up were actually wins.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

CarlCX posted:

If Sean O'Malley defeats Petr Yan I will write a minimum-3000 word breakdown about how he is the best bantamweight of the generation and he was right about how all of the fights he lost or hosed up were actually wins.

Really hope it happens and it happens the same way Aljo won

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Bluedeanie posted:

Really hope it happens and it happens the same way Aljo won

DQ - Yan would not stop punching a mangled corpse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

lmao o malleys hosed bongwater rear end bitch