Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
On the other hand with cold weather chat there's nothing cooler than being hot as hell because you're working hard out there and then coming over to the bench and taking off your helmet and just emitting steam for a few minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Growing up I had to walk 3 miles to school in the pouring sleet and snow uphill both ways kids these days I tell ya what

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

On the other hand with cold weather chat there's nothing cooler than being hot as hell because you're working hard out there and then coming over to the bench and taking off your helmet and just emitting steam for a few minutes.

https://www.theonion.com/nfl-meteorologists-warn-steaming-black-guy-heads-occurr-1819569512

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
I'm a line cook in a kitchen with poor ventilation and it feels great to walk out into the cold air after sweating my rear end off but I'd rather just not work in a hot kitchen

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I got to run a half marathon Saturday morning here in the Knoxville area and the starting temp is going to be like 20 degrees. Normally this time of year it would in the 40’s. Just my luck. I hate running in the cold.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
there are many things about living in Texas that are bad but what makes it worth it is i can feel all parts of my body to the furthest extremity something like 360 days of most years

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
are you perishing from hurricanes or heat strokes the remaining days

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Komet posted:

Are you That Guy at Penn State who wore shorts all winter?

You'll have to be more specific as there were many.

I used to never wear shorts, but then I moved to Virginia and discovered that I was extremely cold adapted. This Thanksgiving will be at the in-laws in Georgia and I'll likely take a dip in their pool.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Waifu Radia posted:

are you perishing from hurricanes or heat strokes the remaining days

No I smartly live in a place that experiences neither hurricanes nor tornadoes and know how to handle heat (stay inside because I am a nerd w few IRL friends of course)

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

fast cars loose anus posted:

No I smartly live in a place that experiences neither hurricanes nor tornadoes and know how to handle heat (stay inside because I am a nerd w few IRL friends of course)

:hmmyes: well, it IS a winning strategy

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Marching practice during August in South Florida is hell on earth.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Sash! posted:

I mowed the lawn in shorts.

It was 43.

I used to smoke, so when I went outside to have one I wasn’t going to put shoes on just for a seven minute trip to the patio twice an hour so yeah, I’ve stood around barefoot in the snow.

Fortunately not many times because I live in the same climate as fast cars

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

fast cars loose anus posted:

there are many things about living in Texas that are bad but what makes it worth it is i can feel all parts of my body to the furthest extremity something like 360 days of most years

Those other 5 days the power grid goes out

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Bird in a Blender posted:

Marching band in sun zero temps is always fun. Have to blow through the trombone just to get the slide unfrozen. At least I could wear full gloves, woodwinds need their fingertips exposed.

lol many great memories of using vodka-infused blue juice to get our valves to move when it was 5 degrees out

the gopher-iowa game is going to have a high of 16, which I think is our coldest game since the 2013 wisconsin game where we had to cut gameday rehearsal short by 45 minutes because everyone’s valves froze and we were unable to play halftime except the final song because even with the vodka valve solution everything still was frozen solid. going to be a fun one!

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
:lol: I've been given a penalty avatar for having an opinion. $10 to the site, at least. I'm going to leave it for a while so you get your money's worth.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Join the club

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
No one has to respect your opinion and they honestly shouldn’t

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

one time somebody gave me an avatar of richie incognito and it said "i'm going to poo poo in your mouth"

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Ehud posted:

one time somebody gave me an avatar of richie incognito and it said "i'm going to poo poo in your mouth"

lol sweet

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

Roasted Donut posted:

the uva stuff is a real bummer but

lmfao

UVA gonna go win one for the gipper(s)

E: from a friend i told that joke to earlier:

quote:

Orchestrating a mass murder to rally your football team before a rivalry game feels more like an sec team move

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
If I don't squint it sort of looks like Gene Stallings after his '92 title so I can live with it.

CharlestheHammer posted:

No one has to respect your opinion and they honestly shouldn’t

I'm calmer than you are.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Warbird posted:

Join the club

Penalty?! You surely mean the highest of honors

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

That entirely depends on how the Auburn game goes.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Bird in a Blender posted:

Those other 5 days the power grid goes out

yeah i said many bad things

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
So where do Texas and Sark stand right now? I feel like Aggies’ poor showing this year has (understandably) overshadowed another pretty uninspiring showing for the Horns. If they win out and win their bowl that’s a nice enough 9-4 season, but Kansas and Baylor are still readily losable games. Seems like there’s a risk of the good will from the Bama and Oklahoma games burning out before the season is over.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

General Dog posted:

So where do Texas and Sark stand right now? I feel like Aggies’ poor showing this year has (understandably) overshadowed another pretty uninspiring showing for the Horns. If they win out and win their bowl that’s a nice enough 9-4 season, but Kansas and Baylor are still readily losable games. Seems like there’s a risk of the good will from the Bama and Oklahoma games burning out before the season is over.

He's rapidly becoming Scott Frost where we've lost a shitload of games by 1 score, which probably gives him more leniency.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

General Dog posted:

I think seat starts warming up if they keep collapsing in second half and he doesn't get to 10 wins in next 2 seasons.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Vol_Football/status/1592646543974502400?s=20&t=KDAOpui-Hve9_SA8fT40IA

More Tennessee alternates. I don’t hate it but they’re annoyingly close to Clemson’s

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

General Dog posted:

We are probably gonna drop at least one of our last two games, and I feel like a lot of the good will Sark built up over the first half of the season is gonna evaporate if that happens. Especially if Bama and OU continue to look like rear end.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
I want the thread to know that ever since it was posted I've listened to the song at least a dozen times, and it plays in my head constantly whenever I see the title in the thread list. I have no idea where I heard the drat thing to know it, I don't follow college sports. And yet

Yawyawyawyawyaaawyaw, yaaawyaaaw

Footbaw.

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery
Why did ESPN think it was a good idea to put the CFP ranking reveal right between two basketball games with no leeway lol

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

SpiritualDeath posted:

Why did ESPN think it was a good idea to put the CFP ranking reveal right between two basketball games with no leeway lol

Because the point of CFP rankings during the regular season is not for you to watch the reveal, it’s to generate content for the next week

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I think three of the four playoff spots are solidified by teams that are in control of their own destinies.

Georgia, the winner of Michigan and Ohio State, and TCU, if they all win out.

I think the committee is hellbent to get two SEC teams into the playoff, even though a 12-1 USC ought to get in over Tennessee whose one loss was a blowout to Georgia. We don't need to see a rematch of this.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

I. M. Gei posted:

We are probably gonna drop at least one of our last two games, and I feel like a lot of the good will Sark built up over the first half of the season is gonna evaporate if that happens. Especially if Bama and OU continue to look like rear end.

i think saying bama looks like rear end is overstating it a bit; they lost two games against the number 5 and number 6 teams by a combined 4 points

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Komet posted:

I think three of the four playoff spots are solidified by teams that are in control of their own destinies.

I think the committee is hellbent to get two SEC teams into the playoff, even though a 12-1 USC ought to get in over Tennessee whose one loss was a blowout to Georgia. We don't need to see a rematch of this.

USC is probably going to drop another game and let the committee off the hook

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

A 12-1 USC team that wins the PAC-12 is going in over Tennessee

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Komet posted:

I will bet the house on USC also getting its soul sucked out by Georgia

Tennessee is also a better team than USC straight up

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Komet posted:

I think TCU could drop one and still make it, as long as it's not the Big 12 title game.

If USC wins out they'd pick up wins over Notre Dame, UCLA, and the PAC 12 North champ, which would get them in.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
USC is theoretically better for ratings if you want to be conspiracy-minded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

i think oregon is probably head and shoulders better than usc and utah's already beaten usc once so if either of them end up playing usc in the title game then it's probably a non issue

washington is more of a toss up but they need a lot of things to happen to make it to the title game