Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Would Mobley be the youngest DPOY winner?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Would Mobley be the youngest DPOY winner?

Yes as he's 21 and the prior youngest winners, kawhi, alvin robinson,and dwight the coward howard were 23 years young when winning

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dejan Bimble posted:

dwight the coward howard...23 years young when winning

only physically

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

I'm on my mobile but I saw Rondo on First Take this morning and I approve of his new look

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

IcePhoenix posted:

only physically

Mentally he was a 65 year old italian grandfather

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Harlock posted:

The Sixers Process Era defined by Ben Simmons ROY award and ended with Embiid's MVP as the only hardware to show for it

the process era doesn't end until Joel leaves or retires

but yeah you're likely right

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

When do they release the rest of the schedule for the 1st round matchups?

I have tickets to game 3 of Knicks/Cavs and its silly I still don’t know what day it will be.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

RCarr posted:

When do they release the rest of the schedule for the 1st round matchups?

I have tickets to game 3 of Knicks/Cavs and its silly I still don’t know what day it will be.

Game 1 is set but they wait until matchups are set to set the rest. They don't know if there will be more EST or CST games for games 3 and 4 so they don't know if they need to stagger start times or not.

Btw, this is the real reason why there is a still East and West conferences. It helps spread the games across time timezones so you minimize overlap.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Lockback posted:

Game 1 is set but they wait until matchups are set to set the rest. They don't know if there will be more EST or CST games for games 3 and 4 so they don't know if they need to stagger start times or not.

Btw, this is the real reason why there is a still East and West conferences. It helps spread the games across time timezones so you minimize overlap.

So they will probably release them Saturday or so?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

RCarr posted:

Probably before. If the Bulls lose it'll be easy to do the rest of the schedule, I think.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Lockback posted:

They need to make sure to put the Lakers in the most-watched timeslot

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RCarr posted:

Honestly it probably just depends on where the Lakers and Bulls end up so as soon as those two teams are resolved they can probably announce it.

Lockback posted:

Probably before. If the Bulls lose it'll be easy to do the rest of the schedule, I think.

Lakers are two timezones away from the other three west playin teams so probably a bigger factor than the bulls.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

Lakers are two timezones away from the other three west playin teams so probably a bigger factor than the bulls.

I meant for the Knicks. I think they'll get out East series earlier once the time zones are figured out.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I hope that when luka requests a trade it’s to the detroit pistons and it’s a simple swap for cade Cunningham and 2 picks

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

I meant for the Knicks. I think they'll get out East series earlier once the time zones are figured out.

Oh I missed the initial question relevance yeah that makes sense. The Bulls and Lakers are probably the only two teams causing any variance in the schedules.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Lockback posted:

Once expansion puts two of Minnesota, New Orleans, or Memphis in the East, the conferences will be much improved.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

Once expansion puts two of Minnesota, New Orleans, or Memphis in the East, the conferences will be much improved.

Expansion will only move one team to the east

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

and it should be Minnesota. :colbert:

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

Dejan Bimble posted:

I hope that when luka requests a trade it’s to the detroit pistons and it’s a simple swap for cade Cunningham and 2 picks

I could see at least a pathway to this happening. Say Detroit wins the second pick in the lotto.

Back in Dallas Kyrie and Wood show absolutely no interest in resigning and Powell is a free agent you probably are not bringing back unless Woods and Kyrie stayed.

Mavs see the writing on the wall,they still have crazy money tied up in Bertans and THJ and no frontcourt. They offer Luka to the Pistons to become instantly relevant again. They simply have to be willing to give up Cade and the second pick as a base in a trade. It's not happening because teams simply do not give up Superstars until they have too.

If i was the Mavs i would do it. Having Cade which is Luka-lite plus the second and tenth picks in this draft and probably a young center coming back in the trade. They could have gobs of cap space in a few years and 3 to 4 young players to build around.

Detroit could build around Luka,Ivey and either Duren or Wiseman and still keep some vets like Bogs and Burks and still have money to get a couple role players.

Pungent Mammy
Jul 29, 2003

The pig is a huge fat pig.
Fallen Rib
I'm not afraid of the New York Knicks, I have my friends Donovan and Evan by my side.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Y’all are true sickos for wanting to pair Luka with Bagley and hell, I’m here for it

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

chilihead posted:

I could see at least a pathway to this happening. Say Detroit wins the second pick in the lotto.

Back in Dallas Kyrie and Wood show absolutely no interest in resigning and Powell is a free agent you probably are not bringing back unless Woods and Kyrie stayed.

Mavs see the writing on the wall,they still have crazy money tied up in Bertans and THJ and no frontcourt. They offer Luka to the Pistons to become instantly relevant again. They simply have to be willing to give up Cade and the second pick as a base in a trade. It's not happening because teams simply do not give up Superstars until they have too.

If i was the Mavs i would do it. Having Cade which is Luka-lite plus the second and tenth picks in this draft and probably a young center coming back in the trade. They could have gobs of cap space in a few years and 3 to 4 young players to build around.

Detroit could build around Luka,Ivey and either Duren or Wiseman and still keep some vets like Bogs and Burks and still have money to get a couple role players.

i think there are ways for the Mavs to be playoff relevant again and keep Luka, especially if they get to keep this years pick.

however they won't because the Mavs are run by incompetent morons lmao cya luka

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Kyrie was legit really good for them. I think if they can just generally reload with a more sensical roster and get rid of Kidd they'd be as good as they were in 2021-2022. Now, I think the NBA is better than it was last year in general but that gets them back into the playoff discussion and you just kinda go from there.

They probably shouldn't be trying to do anything crazy.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

chilihead posted:

Why would luka say yes?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Y’all remember when Mobley did a standing backflip on the beach?

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

temple posted:

Why would luka say yes?

why would the mavs need him to? does he have a no trade clause we don't know about?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Kyle Anderson is going to pop off for 30 points tonight.

I am manifesting this and I am manifesting it bigly.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Ammanas posted:

why would the mavs need him to? does he have a no trade clause we don't know about?

Detroit would be unlikely to trade Cade and Scoot for a 1 year rental of Luka

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Vox Nihili posted:

Kyle Anderson is going to pop off for 30 points tonight.

I am manifesting this and I am manifesting it bigly.
:pray:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

a new study bible! posted:

Y’all remember when Mobley did a standing backflip on the beach?

Yes and they shut that down immediately lmao

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Got a 12 pack of suns bru. I am ready for... tonight

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

temple posted:

Why would luka say yes?

Because he loves motor cars and pleasant peninsulas. Because there are more slavs here than in Dallas. he likes our team colors way more than dallas. And most of all, he knows that Detroit is ready to kill for him. Also he'll be playing with jaden ivey, jalen duren, and victor wembanyama 🤞🤞🤞

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Dejan Bimble posted:

Because he loves motor cars and pleasant peninsulas. Because there are more slavs here than in Dallas. he likes our team colors way more than dallas. And most of all, he knows that Detroit is ready to kill for him. Also he'll be playing with jaden ivey, jalen duren, and victor wembanyama 🤞🤞🤞

there is a 0% chance this trade happens with detroit keeping their pick.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Paul Zuvella posted:

there is a 0% chance this trade happens with detroit keeping their pick.

I literally just made it up so it can happen any way I want it to

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

Detroit would be unlikely to trade Cade and Scoot for a 1 year rental of Luka

3 year, he has a player option in 26-27. also this is a dumbass hypothetical trade, i refuse to accept constraints

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Whatever team gets #1 should try to swap it plus fill for Luca

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

the most interesting semi-hypothetical trade for next season is probably damien lilliard. i cant see him staying to play with developing players.

the blazers are pretty hosed lol. hard to salary match plus who wants to trade away whoever they've got f9r nurkic and uhhhh simons i guess? the NBA is stuck in a wild conundrum space where you cannot win without 3 max players but you cant afford 3 max players and win a championship cuz your depth is destroyed. its kinda cool, lot of parity and motion every year but rival dynasties are also kinda fun...

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Ammanas posted:

the most interesting semi-hypothetical trade for next season is probably damien lilliard. i cant see him staying to play with developing players.

the blazers are pretty hosed lol. hard to salary match plus who wants to trade away whoever they've got f9r nurkic and uhhhh simons i guess? the NBA is stuck in a wild conundrum space where you cannot win without 3 max players but you cant afford 3 max players and win a championship cuz your depth is destroyed. its kinda cool, lot of parity and motion every year but rival dynasties are also kinda fun...

Gobert for Dame

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I think if Denver doesn’t win a ring this year they make a strong attempt to get Luka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

DC Murderverse posted:

I think if Denver doesn’t win a ring this year they make a strong attempt to get Luka

they're bench depth + jokic playing defense away from a title.