Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
What if we all agreed to disagree by switching our votes to CapitalistPig?

Just a thought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
##vote Mills

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

morons

lynch him tomorrow

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
:redhammer:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Oh god! Mills is hammered!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Mills, Hitler’s Moustache MAFIA-aligned Goon has been lynched Day 1!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
If you want to ask for a replacement tonight is the night to ask for one!

Final Votecount for Day 1

Mills (5): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Somberbrero, Tremendous Taste, Epsilon Plus, CapitalistPig, fiery_valkyrie
Somberbrero (4): fiery_valkyrie, Poison Mushroom, Magnus Gallant, Poison Mushroom, fiery_valkyrie, Poison Mushroom, Mills, fiery_valkyrie, Poison Mushroom, fiery_valkyrie, Poison Mushroom, Opopanax
Tremendous Taste (0): Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus
Magnus Gallant (0): Epsilon Plus, CapitalistPig, Epsilon Plus, CapitalistPig
Epsilon Plus (0): Mills, Mills
Poison Mushroom (0): Somberbrero, Somberbrero
Opopanax (0): Somberbrero, Somberbrero, Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom

Not Voting (0):

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 25th, 2014 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

It is now Night 1!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

fiery_valkyrie, Henry David Thoreau's neckbeard, VANILLA TOWN has been murdered Night 1!

It is now Day 2!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (7): CapitalistPig, Epsilon Plus, Magnus Gallant, Opopanax, Poison Mushroom, Somberbrero, Tremendous Taste

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 27th, 2014 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 day, 12 hours.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok. Well it's probably not somber then

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
F_V is definitely town guys. I got a good feeling on that

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Man, I was so sure that Somber was scum. But a hard bus like that wouldn't really ever be done in a 2-scum game, would it? Especially not in D1.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Poison Mushroom posted:

Man, I was so sure that Somber was scum. But a hard bus like that wouldn't really ever be done in a 2-scum game, would it? Especially not in D1.

You said you'd case yourself so lets see it

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Magnus Gallant posted:

You said you'd case yourself so lets see it
I gotta leave for work in fifteen, and a phone post self case feels like a half-assed attempt at fulfilling the bargain, so I'll do a proper one tonight once I'm home from work.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If Somber and Mills are REALLY cool they could both be scum

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Mills' last post had me worried. Playing until the very end, I see.

I'm also of the mind that Somberbrero is very likely town. It would be simple to assume that the remaining scum voted Somberbrero, which leaves Poison Mushroom or Opopanax that voted Somber. This is, of course, also based on the assumption that the two scum players didn't build some strategy around splitting their votes to avoid suspicion (for now). Nobody voted for someone outside of Somber or Mills, and I feel like if any of the scum had voted Mills then wouldn't be the ones hammering (obviously) or the second-to-last vote. CapitalistPig was second-to-last to vote for Mills and the drive-by posting displayed makes me feel kind of iffy.

Really though, if I was scum and there was a 50% chance of the game having a cop, I'd really be iffy on throwing my buddy under the bus. Assuming the cop lives until Day 3, there's a significant chance of them just stumbling onto the scum by picking names out of a hat to investigate. However:

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Poison Mushroom posted:

Cpig why now

Why couldn't you be stupid and scummy thirty minutes ago?

Because it would have been harder for him to lynch a town player if he showed up earlier?

F_V got nightkilled, which makes me think that they knew something and got nightkilled to keep any information from spreading in day 2? Maybe? It's a hard sell but something I'm keeping in mind.

Anyways currently I'm most heavily suspecting Opopanax, could be swayed on CapitalistPig, and am keeping an eye on Poison Mushroom and Magnus Gallant but currently believe they are town.

(or it could be anyone else mysteries abound I don't fuckin' know poo poo from rear end)

Magnus Gallant posted:

F_V, vote for the nazi.

Remember there is no nazirite, only naziwrongs

Also this is hilarious in retrospect

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Poison Mushroom posted:

I don't like the pearl-clutching here. "They wouldn't bus their buddy here... would they?"

That said it's probably Opop for his vote yesterday if nothing else.

If it's not Opop or PM, I'm gonna go with Capitalist as a dark horse. He's the only one here with the chutzpah to bus Mills. I'd say Magnus but honestly it would be weirder if he was right once.

##vote Opopanax

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

F_V got nightkilled, which makes me think that they knew something and got nightkilled to keep any information from spreading in day 2? Maybe? It's a hard sell but something I'm keeping in mind.

Not really sure how this is possible. The most obvious read into the nightkill is that the scum thought that FV came off townie in that exchange and was worried a doctor would protect me. I think it was a mistake to leave me alive to try and set up some kind of gambit theory(like PM is softly pushing now).

Epsilon Plus posted:

Also this is hilarious in retrospect

:aaa:

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

Not really sure how this is possible. The most obvious read into the nightkill is that the scum thought that FV came off townie in that exchange and was worried a doctor would protect me. I think it was a mistake to leave me alive to try and set up some kind of gambit theory(like PM is softly pushing now).

It would have involved a lucky guess on CapitalistPig's part if F_V was scum, for sure. It's not a great theory, just something for me to throw out and mull over.

I don't feel comfortable in voting yet, but when I do I think I'll be voting Opopanax.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

My vote was bad, I take responsibility for that. Somber was right about mills for the wrong reasons though.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Opopanax posted:

My vote was bad, I take responsibility for that. Somber was right about mills for the wrong reasons though.

I'll take that over being wrong for the right reasons.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I don't wanna be That Guy but with a Saturday deadline we have to hit the ground running. Is there anyone who doesn't think that a combination of Opop/PM will not solve the game, or at least put the game into a solvable state? I do worry about Magnus, because he's not posting very townie. The more I think about it, and I'm just talking out loud here, I'd be willing to vote Magnus over PM. It doesn't feel like Magnus is even trying to play the game in good faith.

Okay yeah actually I'm going Opop/Magnus. It's one of those two.

I understand the gambit fear, but I think if you look at my post progression it doesn't really make any sense.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

I don't wanna be That Guy but with a Saturday deadline we have to hit the ground running. Is there anyone who doesn't think that a combination of Opop/PM will not solve the game, or at least put the game into a solvable state? I do worry about Magnus, because he's not posting very townie. The more I think about it, and I'm just talking out loud here, I'd be willing to vote Magnus over PM. It doesn't feel like Magnus is even trying to play the game in good faith.

Okay yeah actually I'm going Opop/Magnus. It's one of those two.

I understand the gambit fear, but I think if you look at my post progression it doesn't really make any sense.

I came out on the wrong side of the you/mills split but I felt that you had over-reacted to an innocuous joke. Mills hadn't even voted for you in that joke. I've made posts like mills did before so I didn't see it as something worthy of the kind of reaction that you gave it.

"good faith" what does that mean?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Magnus Gallant posted:

I came out on the wrong side of the you/mills split but I felt that you had over-reacted to an innocuous joke. Mills hadn't even voted for you in that joke. I've made posts like mills did before so I didn't see it as something worthy of the kind of reaction that you gave it.

"good faith" what does that mean?

The point was kind of that Mills didn't vote me and that it wasn't a joke and also that I was right and handsome.

It doesn't feel like you were actually trying to engage or play the game yesterday, almost all of your posts were sideline snipes that were not adding anything real to the discussion. The one real post of yours I see is where you asked me if I saw some kind of connection between Mills and Opop, but that was so obvious it was almost rhetorical and you never followed up on it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Magnus Gallant posted:

Hmmmm give me one good reason to trust you

This is in reply to Cpig voting Mills early on. It's weird that, out of what little content there was in the thread, Magnus would choose to respond to this over anything else:

Capitalist posted:

##vote mills

Trust me on this.

Magnus Gallant posted:

He lives in Australia, so he's probably boxing a kangaroo. Either that or he's asleep

When Magnus makes this post, we were six hours from deadline and I still haven't made the post that Magnus thinks is scummy. Why is his vote still on me? Why is he not trying to find an actual lynch candidate?

Magnus Gallant posted:

I quoted the wrong post, meant to ask somber what he saw between mills and opopanax as far as a pair or if they were independently scummy

Like I said, this feels like false content. Why is he asking me something that's obviously rhetorical? There was clearly no connection between Opop and Mills, the two had barely interacted. Of course I thought they were scummy independently. Note that Magnus never follows up on this, so what was he hoping to take away from our exchange?

Magnus Gallant posted:

Vote for this over-reactor. He's about to go nuclear! We need to get rid of him

In response to:

Somberbrero posted:

In conclusion, vote Mills.

Doesn't feel legitimate.

Magnus Gallant posted:

I don't know what the case on mills is, but the case on somber is that he over-reacted super hard to a mills joke

The case on my is largely irrelevant to Magnus, because he'd been content to leave his vote on me since the start of the game. I'm confused about how Magnus could not understand the case on Mills and it doesn't feel like he was ever trying to.

Magnus Gallant posted:

F_V, vote for the nazi.

Remember there is no nazirite, only naziwrongs

Like Epsilon pointed out, this is troubling.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Somber is town.

##vote magnus

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I wanna hear PM, Opop, and Magnus talk about who is the scummiest among them.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

Like Epsilon pointed out, this is troubling.

Workphoneposting to state that I, personally, found it humorous rather than concerning. I figured he was playing off of the earlier Nazirite joke and trying to get F_V to vote for you, with Mills' lynch flavor reveal being a coincidence. Nobody would be stupid enough to hint something only scum would know with the risk that it could be revealed on lynch.

I'm still leaning more to Opopanax but really would like to hear him chime in more before voting.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

Workphoneposting to state that I, personally, found it humorous rather than concerning. I figured he was playing off of the earlier Nazirite joke and trying to get F_V to vote for you, with Mills' lynch flavor reveal being a coincidence. Nobody would be stupid enough to hint something only scum would know with the risk that it could be revealed on lynch.

I'm still leaning more to Opopanax but really would like to hear him chime in more before voting.

I know that, as scum, I've made the argument that my play was too stupid to make sense as scum several times.

It's not my sole motivation for voting Magnus, but I think it's an interesting coincidence.

I'm probably going to go with Opopanax for extra vanity points if I happen to be right.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Still at work, phone post: Need to read Magnus in more detail. Feeling pretty town on Somber. As close to confirmed as I can safely call it. On the fence on Opop, need to re-read in the context of the Mills flip. Terrible at reading CPig as ever. Feel good about the new guy and his posting. It reads like someone trying to be helpful but not really sure how.

Still owe a case on myself.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Poison Mushroom posted:

Still at work, phone post: Need to read Magnus in more detail. Feeling pretty town on Somber. As close to confirmed as I can safely call it. On the fence on Opop, need to re-read in the context of the Mills flip. Terrible at reading CPig as ever. Feel good about the new guy and his posting. It reads like someone trying to be helpful but not really sure how.

Still owe a case on myself.

Casing yourself doesn't really help us.

Capitalist is a dark horse candidate for scum since he's the only person here who I think would bus Mills like that, but I'm not going to consider voting him before lylo.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Is the deadline fine for everyone?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If I had a vote I'd say maybe add another day on this one.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Sure. Long deadlines for small games lead to loss of interest.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's fine, I'm just going to get killed anyways and I can't really argue against it

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Magnus Gallant (1): CapitalistPig
Opopanax (1): Somberbrero

Not Voting (5): Epsilon Plus, Magnus Gallant, Opopanax, Poison Mushroom, Tremendous Taste

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 28th, 2014 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 days, 3 hours.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I added an extra 24 hours due to the weekend but it will be 24 hour-ish game days after that.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Opopanax posted:

It's fine, I'm just going to get killed anyways and I can't really argue against it

You could try.

Who is scummier between PM and Magnus?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

bowmore posted:

I added an extra 24 hours due to the weekend but it will be 24 hour-ish game days after that.

thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I haven't played a lot of F11, but I think if you have a result clearing one of Magnus/Opop/PM then you should maybe claim.

• Locked thread