Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Freedonkeys posted:

This was my awful Korean MMO of choice. A level 1000 level cap! Kill thugs and gangsters with your Korean comic book character!

And one of the most weird sense of balance in an MMO I can think of. One class/character was forced to level with no offensive skills and no ability to equip weapons for the first 50 levels. Then you're given a skill that can one shot pretty much anything near your level.

diosa server represent.

that character is a philar, who owned>

so of course I had a sadad, the one fn character without an aoe. I still play on random private servers from time to time when I have time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Reading those Star Wars Galaxies articles made me wonder about What Could Have Been. More specifically, in modern times, a lot of stuff that was thought to be "obsolete" (player/guild housing for example) is coming back, for example in FFXIV or WoW, only with all the improvements modern design/development and modern specs can offer. In FFXIV housing is in an instanced zone, but it's in districts, not just "warp to my house".

Crafting too, again using FFXIV as an example: High quality materials help you make high quality crafted stuff. A similar system could be expanded with the item qualities (tags, wood and so on) he mentions, so that all iron would be useful for making generic bolts, but for something like an engine you'd need heat-resistant iron (or an alloy, which would need specific iron, and so on), to make bolts with.

Basically a sort of hybrid between what's known as a sandbox and a theme park MMO, I guess? Has something like that been attempted? There's been a long time since that, but I can't help but feel that the concepts he was describing were simply ahead of their time, technologically. A map generated 'automatically', changed by spawns and returning, but with static-ish 'theme park' elements as well, cities and quest, and NPCs.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

I have an awful memory, but one that will stick with me forever is sometime in 2003, I was a sophmore in college on our lovely campus network, desperately trying to find and kill Krayt Dragons in Star Wars Galaxies (with goons).

I remember our little goon city/town too, an endless grid of homes and shops. I remember playing as Pippi Proudfoot. Goons loving HATED me for some reason, I was probably a really bad player, poster, and all around annoying.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

"was"

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I played star wars galaxies before they added mounts or anyone figured out how to become a jedi.

There was thing huge rebel base on Tatooine that was in the process of being built. They had the special base for it and everything. They were in the process of making a ring around the base in the middle with houses in till I showed up.

I put my house down right in front of the base and set it to private. The code was so lovely in SWG that if you were in a house that is private you were effectively invisible. So you could stand behind the door with it open and shoot people and they would get the messsage "_ shot you for xxx damage".

We got like 20 people in that house and really stirred up the rebels. They got a gm to move the house.

AT-ST were also stupidly overpowered free pets for anyone could get by grinding for a day on this one planet per pet. I'm not sure how many you could get but I bought one and farmed one up.

I could sit on at the spaceport and flag and they would march down the medical respawn area and they would one shot everyone respawning.

The most broken thing in SWG at release was the unlimited knockdowns, you could chain knockdown anyone forever. All duels were who got the first knockdown, unless you were a zabrak and could break cc.

The second most broken part were trandoshans(reptile dude from empire strikes back) couldn't wear armor on the hands or feet. If you shot one of those parts randomly you basically disintegrated them.

StrawmanUK
Aug 16, 2008

Jimlit posted:

I can thank Dark and Light for teaching me early to not get invested in games that haven't been released yet. I followed it for years until the developers got fed up and just disappeared one day with all the investors money. It was at Dawn levels of scope creep, and honestly there was no way anyone could have finished that game much less make the features work on a massive scale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6SOm1WhLio

For reference here is the official feature list:

The hangliding in that game is still my favourite method of travel in an MMO. It was also the only way to get around as all other transport functionality was broken. I spent a bit of time in one of the main towns giving out hangliders for free and teaching ppl how to use them so they wouldnt be stuck in one location.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Guild Wars 2 is bringing hang gliding with the new expansion but probably just for the new zones :(

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

I miss release UO where fireballs would one shot people and you could place houses in dungeons.

And houses were basically owned by whoever had the master keys, and those were lootable/stealable.

And you could make copies of keys and claim they were keys to a house and people would buy the garbage keys off you. Didn't even have to be your house.

As people got slightly smarter, you could convince them to come in your house where your friends were waiting.

Or you could get people to sell you their house and while they were putting the keys in the trade window you could steal them and get the house. Success chance was determined by item weight. Keys were pretty light.

There was a lot more to it than scamming, but drat. Such a gem.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Degs posted:

I miss release UO where fireballs would one shot people and you could place houses in dungeons.

And houses were basically owned by whoever had the master keys, and those were lootable/stealable.

And you could make copies of keys and claim they were keys to a house and people would buy the garbage keys off you. Didn't even have to be your house.

As people got slightly smarter, you could convince them to come in your house where your friends were waiting.

Or you could get people to sell you their house and while they were putting the keys in the trade window you could steal them and get the house. Success chance was determined by item weight. Keys were pretty light.

Corp por and flamestrike could never 1 shot someone. Unless your talking about vs someone without max health. Man UO was broken before you leveled up your health and stats.

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

Nah, I mean vas flam, basic fireball. At release there were tons of people not maxing str at char creation so as soon as you got a lightning or fireball scroll it was golden.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

Corp por and flamestrike could never 1 shot someone. Unless your talking about vs someone without max health. Man UO was broken before you leveled up your health and stats.

People didn't find out how to minmax stats till later, and lockable stats came much later.

I remember dropping a camp fire would gently caress w/peoples perfect minmaxed stats.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I miss CoH. No other game has come close to the fun of running around as a level 50 mastermind, buffing the poo poo out of your minions and watching them take down everything for you.

Why has nobody produced a pet class as fun as masterminds for any other MMO ever?

Mrens
Feb 21, 2004

My Nostalgia for EQ will never be topped, that game was my obsession from Jr. High all the way through most of high school, I pretty much stuck with one character all the way through I lucked out right out of the gate with Shaman which has the benefit of being a very popular class in party's and had SoW the BEST spell in the game hands down because one thing I remember best about that game was literal days of my life spent running naked back to my corpse, and being able to do that while being slightly faster then your enemies was a godsend. So much that none of my other character ever made it out of their 20's that first hour long corpse walk that turned into 2 hours, then 5, then an all night affair because I kept dying would ruin send me running back to my shaman.

LolitaSama
Dec 27, 2011
Astonia 3 was my first MMO, that or Habbo Hotel. Any goons familiar with it? I remember theory crafting in middle school about the item making process where you had to collect orbs then fuse them into pieces of armor found in machines at the end of deadly mazes.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
I think my fondest mmorpg memory wasn't even something I did. It was the following cycle of events in swg.

Goon finds a randomly generated weapon from killing tusken raiders. Usually killing tusken raiders netted garbage, so I'm not sure why he was even there, but thank god he was. It was a gaffi baton thing, and it was totally awful and did no damage, except it had a 1 in a billion chance mind fire proc on it. In non-swg player terms, imagine you have a DOT that kills people in about 10 seconds guaranteed, after you hit them one time. So you run around and hit as many people as possible with aoe and then run away and watch them die. Unfortunately, the DOT had a limited amount of charges, so it didn't last forever. But it did last a few months.

Goon kills loving everyone with it. He runs into cantinas, hits 1 aoe attack, and kills like 15 people by himself. He was already well known on the server, but now his weapon was well known, too. Despite people knowing that he's a griefer with a completely ridiculous weapon equivalent to an SWG nuke, he still somehow manages to weasel his way into peoples good graces via negotiation, and always ends up mass slaughtering them after they allow him to enter their buildings. He must've killed about 500 Jedi account buyers with that thing, too.

After a while, unfortunately, the charges ran out. So when it only had 2 or 3 left we made a shrine to the weapon in goontown and it was permanently laid to rest in there. A loving shrine to a legendary weapon. People legitimately would come to see it, it was so well known. It was a video game tourist attraction, like excalibur in stone or something.

Man, old video games were the best.

dialhforhero posted:

I'm the same way. WWIIOL was (and technically still is--glad to see it's still alive) the most fun I've ever had in a game (and also a lot of the most boredom). The 'dream' of that game is still something I hope to be fully realized one day.

Oh man, and WW2OL. Imo, the dream of that was realized long ago. It had truly functioning, epic sized battles over territory that really, truly meant something, and had legitimate player-run logistics. For example, while one clan might be holding the front, another clan would drive a column of tanks in from a location an hour away (because the tanks from closer locations had long since been depleted) and turn the tide of the battle. Or sometimes, they'd even drive the tanks and then park them in another base just for the sake of resupplying it before a planned later offensive. Battle were actually won by more efficient use of resources or better supply lines leading to attrition, as eventually all one side could do was spawn a basic rifleman.

Bases with airfields,army bases (basically vehicle garages) or docks tied to them were highly coveted and much more strategically valuable than other bases, so armies would push for locations with the most strategic value instead of just randomly fighting in places that didn't matter. Far behind the lines, you had bomber airfields, and usually the final push to win a campaign was the one that captured those.

Bombers had to be flown in from locations 30+ minutes away. If you wanted to park an anti-tank gun on a hill, someone had to agree to tow you there. If you wanted to assault a base, you'd get one person to drive a truck and 10 people would get in the back. It was awesome as gently caress.

One of my fondest memories of that game was a loving SLOW FLAK-88 FLANK. The solution to the allies having 20 tanks on a hill overlooking our city was simple: we'd tow my Flak-88 around behind them, to a location opposite their forward base (so we wouldn't be spotted,) park it in some trees/bushes, and kill as many tanks as possible. Driving to the location took 30+ minutes and we were behind enemy lines, but we killed every single loving tank and they never found out where we were even firing from.

I don't understand why it never really took off. For a world war 2 simulator, it was incredible. You couldn't ask for much more given the tech available at the time.

THE PWNER fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Oct 22, 2015

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

khy posted:

I miss CoH. No other game has come close to the fun of running around as a level 50 mastermind, buffing the poo poo out of your minions and watching them take down everything for you.

Why has nobody produced a pet class as fun as masterminds for any other MMO ever?

I've played almost every MMO under the sun since City of Villains hoping that one day I'll find something like the amazing joy Thug/Dark MM had for me.

I never have and I probably never will until a private CoX server manages to cone out.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
I am honestly convinced that CoH scared the gently caress out of MMO developers - notice how every new MMO de-emphasizes CC and pets? I mean, newer ones let you stun a dude for 3 seconds on a 45-second cooldown!!! Awesome!

gently caress that, in CoH I was locking down dozens of dudes at a time. :colbert:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Mrens posted:

My Nostalgia for EQ will never be topped, that game was my obsession from Jr. High all the way through most of high school, I pretty much stuck with one character all the way through I lucked out right out of the gate with Shaman which has the benefit of being a very popular class in party's and had SoW the BEST spell in the game hands down because one thing I remember best about that game was literal days of my life spent running naked back to my corpse, and being able to do that while being slightly faster then your enemies was a godsend. So much that none of my other character ever made it out of their 20's that first hour long corpse walk that turned into 2 hours, then 5, then an all night affair because I kept dying would ruin send me running back to my shaman.

My boots could cast SoW, bet you feel special.
I lvled a wizard to the 30s and staring at my book got boring.
Then I leveled a paladin to the 40s, farmed the SoW boots for over a week and got them then quit my paladin because the epic quest made you not lvl past lvl 50.
Then I played a warrior all the way to lvl 60, had really cool weapons and daggers with procs, full cobalt armor. Someone had to give me the SoW boots drop because I refused to farm it again on my warrior. Someone helped me get them out of pity for not having it at lvl 60.

Spend alot of time playing EQ in the Kunark and part of velious days. I really liked the realm of mischief. End days were just running around and exploring.

In EQ it was considered a raid if you went to a dungeon and killed all the trash mobs.

Mrens
Feb 21, 2004

After months of camping them I gave up and all my alts started main lining very exspensive SoW potions

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

WarLocke posted:

I am honestly convinced that CoH scared the gently caress out of MMO developers - notice how every new MMO de-emphasizes CC and pets? I mean, newer ones let you stun a dude for 3 seconds on a 45-second cooldown!!! Awesome!

gently caress that, in CoH I was locking down dozens of dudes at a time. :colbert:

Well, when Neverwinter says "control wizard" it doesn't mess around. Everything I fight spends 75% of its time on its rear end or frozen solid, though that other 25% is what gets you.

Of course, that doesn't really hold for AVs, but CoH controllers didn't really have it much better there.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Glazius posted:

Well, when Neverwinter says "control wizard" it doesn't mess around. Everything I fight spends 75% of its time on its rear end or frozen solid, though that other 25% is what gets you.

Of course, that doesn't really hold for AVs, but CoH controllers didn't really have it much better there.

My favorite part about playing games is getting stunned the entire time.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

I got a huge Nostalgia boner just thinking about a Light Eldritch from DAoC.

And then I realized we'll never see another class half as interesting as them. It was a great combination of damage, utility and crowd control. But in the current generation of MMO you have to fit into Healer, Tank or DPS.

I think about classes like the Light Eldritch or Warden or Friar or Sorcerer or Pac Healer from DAoC, Shaman or Enchanter from EQ and how amazing they were to play. But they have no place in a modern MMO because the metagame revolves around extreme specialization to either soaking or doing damage and if you aren't #1 in making bars go up/down you're poo poo.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

I spent more money on these dumb and bad games when they came out in the 2000s, getting hyped up for each one over and over until it set in that the game was going to be a shitheap.

Everquest 2 (I bought this over WoW because "hey, they made EQ1, they know what they're doing :downs: ) oh god what a buggy shitheap. The world was dull and ugly and looked like it was made out of play-dough, even though it was extremely demanding to run on PCs on decent settings when it first came out. The game was poorly optimized and laggy. Mobs could somehow vertically aggro you three floors down in a dungeon and train all the way up to you with friends, EQ1 style, without any warning. Camping for "heritage quest" items took 3-8 hours. Despite it all I had fun, but I'm still bitter that I wasted late 2004/early 2005 game time in EQ2 instead of Vanilla WoW's heyday.

Vanguard: SOE. The worst lag memory leaks I've ever seen but the classes were unique and fun to play, the world was HUGE, and crafting was fun. The community was great, too. This game had me so hyped and I was so sad when it crashed and burned. I always play healer/dps hybrids in games and rather than feeling like being stuck choosing between being either a lovely healer or a lovely dpser, like most MMOs, Vanguard had options that felt great doing both at the same time like Bloodmage and Disciple.

Age of Conan. That game hated women, from its NPC dialogue to its players to the loving attack animations, but I still had a loving blast in that game. Tortage is still the most fun I've ever had in an MMO starter zone after that first EQ1 "high". Too bad the midgame was intolerable.

Horizons (Aka Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted). A game that somehow had a tinier population than Vanguard, yet still somehow exists. It was another game with a ton of great ideas that were implemented in a halfassed, buggy trainwreck. When the game was passed off from one dev to another they somehow thought I was paying a sub and I got to play F2P for years. If that was still possible I'd probably still log into that shitheap just to craft a cool dragon cave or something, but since they insist on a sub haha gently caress no.

And for KMMOS:

Perfect World - despite its awful Engrish and Chinese restaurant sounding music, it was a fairly fun game to dick around in.

Rappelz - I loved the Pokemon-esque feel of taming your own monsters and the music was way loving better than the game it was in. The quests were the same kill 10 x grindy poo poo recycled over and over again, but in that era it was a relief to just HAVE quests available.

Trickster Online- same grindy KMMO poo poo but with a 2.5D angle and sprites. Combat was weirdly fun. Apparently it's been discontinued as of 2014 :(

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Every once in a while I read this thread and someone mentions something from vanilla WoW or Dark Ages of Camelot that I'm still salty about, like Pacification Healers. Then I feel sad because I spent so much time in DAoC that I still remember all that bullshit. I used to get so fired up about how garbage my Friar was, and so defensive about how OP my Sorcerer was, and so pissed at stuff other realms had. gently caress.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Glazius posted:

It must scale pretty well then, because I tried a CW and the low-level stuff was being frozen for maybe 3 seconds at a time? I didn't get to the higher levels, because reading their forums made it sound like CWs never got 'better'. But I think I was spoiled by Controllers, honestly. And EQ1 Enchanters before that. Nothing nowadays has the same sort of control options.

e: Yep, played a Friar in DAoC. Good times.

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

THE PWNER posted:

I think my fondest mmorpg memory wasn't even something I did. It was the following cycle of events in swg.

Goon finds a randomly generated weapon from killing tusken raiders. Usually killing tusken raiders netted garbage, so I'm not sure why he was even there, but thank god he was. It was a gaffi baton thing, and it was totally awful and did no damage, except it had a 1 in a billion chance mind fire proc on it. In non-swg player terms, imagine you have a DOT that kills people in about 10 seconds guaranteed, after you hit them one time. So you run around and hit as many people as possible with aoe and then run away and watch them die. Unfortunately, the DOT had a limited amount of charges, so it didn't last forever. But it did last a few months.

Goon kills loving everyone with it. He runs into cantinas, hits 1 aoe attack, and kills like 15 people by himself. He was already well known on the server, but now his weapon was well known, too. Despite people knowing that he's a griefer with a completely ridiculous weapon equivalent to an SWG nuke, he still somehow manages to weasel his way into peoples good graces via negotiation, and always ends up mass slaughtering them after they allow him to enter their buildings. He must've killed about 500 Jedi account buyers with that thing, too.

After a while, unfortunately, the charges ran out. So when it only had 2 or 3 left we made a shrine to the weapon in goontown and it was permanently laid to rest in there. A loving shrine to a legendary weapon. People legitimately would come to see it, it was so well known. It was a video game tourist attraction, like excalibur in stone or something.

This is the first post to convince me I missed out on something good with SWG.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

WarLocke posted:

It must scale pretty well then, because I tried a CW and the low-level stuff was being frozen for maybe 3 seconds at a time? I didn't get to the higher levels, because reading their forums made it sound like CWs never got 'better'. But I think I was spoiled by Controllers, honestly. And EQ1 Enchanters before that. Nothing nowadays has the same sort of control options.

The best thing about balance discussions is that 20 years later they are still the same.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

WarLocke posted:

Well, yeah. Point and shoot controls are still the short-duration type. You get most of your enduring control out of getting 6 stacks of Chill on someone, which becomes easy to do when you hit level 30 and get access to Icy Terrain, which will refresh and gradually build Chill on anything standing there. Spell Mastery Conduit of Ice to pour on Chill and you can freeze an encounter solid in seconds. At level 45 you can max out Icy Veins in the feat tree, which drops 5 stacks of Chill on anything near you when you use any encounter power, including Icy Terrain, so you can just freeze things solid out the gate and trivially reapply your control when it gets broken.

Even one control wizard can freeze large parts of a dungeon. Two can handle more or less everything - outside, again, from the actual big bosses.

Most other classes usually at least have the ability to lay down some kind of interrupt, to knock an enemy out of a windup or out of making some red to stand in, but CWs grow to be really good at their job, the same way, that, say, great weapon fighters grow to be complete damage-spewing monsters.

Neverwinter combat does tend to follow the City of Heroes model a little, too, at least as far as you have a varied selection of fodder, notable enemies, and big bruisers, and you generally fight 4-6 of them at a time. So it's no surprise they have actual working control powers.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Cuckoo posted:

Perfect World - despite its awful Engrish and Chinese restaurant sounding music, it was a fairly fun game to dick around in.

Isn't this the one where the one pet-collecting class couldn't participate in endgame content without dropping $80 for a special battle pet from the cash shop? Cause man, I did like running around playing pokemon with my giant anime bugs, but I ended up walking away long before endgame because I just couldn't get invested knowing that BS was coming up.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

mushroom_spore posted:

Isn't this the one where the one pet-collecting class couldn't participate in endgame content without dropping $80 for a special battle pet from the cash shop? Cause man, I did like running around playing pokemon with my giant anime bugs, but I ended up walking away long before endgame because I just couldn't get invested knowing that BS was coming up.

Neverwinter is Pay to Win as all gently caress at the end game but is still pretty fun getting there.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

RIP Vanguard.

spencer for hire
Jan 27, 2006

we just want to dance here, someone stole the stage
they call us irresponsible, write us off the page

Degs posted:

UO was never perfect, but there were bits and pieces of each phase of the game's life that were just fantastic. I loved the organic nature of the community and the real sense of adventure when you wandered out of town and that combat music began to play. If a bunch of PKs came around you could theoretically team up on them....even though that rarely happened. Some of my best memories were waiting for random rare spawns or camping IDOCs or pulling one scam or another. Unfortunately I could also see why they gravitated towards Trammel and the care bear side of things. It's way too easy for the murderer and thief balance to outweigh any characters trying to RP as good. The guildwars were great as were order/chaos. There must be some sort of balance in an MMORPG between the full cutthroat nature of early UO and pure PvE player protection at all times.

Also the huge selection of skills and the ability to mix and match was fantastic. There was something about the 0-100 (and 120%) skill range that just seemed to make sense over levels. It's a minor point, but being able to say "yeah I'm a Master swordsman" instead of "I'm a level 26 fishmonger" just made sense.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Cuckoo posted:

And for KMMOS:

I still have a level 70ish cleric on there on the US pvp server. Flying at max height was so fun in that game, but I never found any goons that I know of. Those Kittycat shops were dumb as hell and clogged up the main part of Archosaur.

Cuckoo posted:

Rappelz - I loved the Pokemon-esque feel of taming your own monsters and the music was way loving better than the game it was in. The quests were the same kill 10 x grindy poo poo recycled over and over again, but in that era it was a relief to just HAVE quests available.

I started out with Rappelz in early 2007. All that loving mouse clicking, but I stuck with it. I had a Kahuna class and I got him to level 80+ (possible to just over 100). I scored enough in game currency to buy 10 untamed Kentauros pet cards (back when there was only 2 or 3 of those on the PVP server) and just blew them all trying to tame myself before leaving the game. Didn't get my rare horsey pet :(

After Rappelz I went over to Atlantica Online and finally ran into some goons for a few months of fun in that games infancy. It was really innovative for a KMMO, turn-based battles, very Final Fantasy-like.

moolchaba fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Oct 25, 2015

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Xae posted:

Neverwinter is Pay to Win as all gently caress at the end game but is still pretty fun getting there.

No, not really.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Cartouche posted:

No, not really.

To which part

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Holyshoot posted:

To which part

The latter.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

Givin posted:

RIP Vanguard.

I played it well post-mortem when it went f2p. It was actually a really good game with a ton of poo poo to do and explore and I'm sad f2p didn't work out for it. Probably the last game ever with uinstanced dungeons and a real sense of exploration

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

I keep seeing WAR mentioned in this thread, so I'll just leave this here:
http://www.returnofreckoning.com/about.php

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Xae posted:

I played a lot of STO which shows I have way too much love for lovely MMO's, but neverwinter was horrid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Mux posted:

I keep seeing WAR mentioned in this thread, so I'll just leave this here:
http://www.returnofreckoning.com/about.php

lmao their latest news post is an open letter directed at whoever is trolling the poo poo out of them with ddos attacks

• Locked thread