Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

heffsay posted:

Do you share this steak with a body pillow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Someone direct that guy to the ownage thread

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I was tempted to masturbate at least five times while I ate my dinner.

Hockey was the only reason I didn't.

blacquethoven
Nov 29, 2003
heres a steak i made one time

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
that's a steak if i'm not missteaken

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
one time I went to Ohio (the only time) and was like holy poo poo they have a place called Steak N Shake where you can get a milkshake with a god drat steak and I was speechless but they said it was just steak hamburgers so i was like oh welp.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

VendaGoat posted:

I'm sorry, let me clarify.

If I go to a steakhouse, I get rare. Flat rucking rare. Never been disappointed.

When I make my own steak, I go Pittsburgh rare, because I know how to do it.

So we, are in agreement. :)

Yeah, I was talking about actually ordering one down in southside. You know, where the restaurant is (was?).
MAKING one is another story entirely.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Had steak and potatoes for dinner. Salt. Pepper. Oil. Grilled. Perfect medium rare. My stomach is happy. Steak.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I wonder if the grocery store throws their old steaks in the dumpster, I need to make a note to check on that.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Cartouche posted:

Yeah, I was talking about actually ordering one down in southside. You know, where the restaurant is (was?).
MAKING one is another story entirely.

errrrrrgh.

Fine. But I will remember the name Cartouche for the ignore list.

Just remember I have found the divination of your name. :iamafag:

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
I had chicken fried steak tonight and it was p good. (yeah it doesn't qualify)

New York strip going on sale @5.99/lb tomorrow though.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Shoprite had this bizarre sale where you could get an entire beef rib roast for $3/lb a few months ago.

I had them cut it for me into steaks and then I drizzle them with melted butter and pan fry for three minutes each side and they're perfect for late nights.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

blacquethoven posted:

heres a steak i made one time

lmao

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
My favorite steak recipe is when I take a girl to a steakhouse and she orders some dumbass cheap salad with some grilled chicken on it, while I drink a fuckton of martinis and eat way too much steak.

Obviously I foot the bill and bang her later.

Cook my own steak.... You guys are hilarious! Who is THAT poor?

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tumble posted:

My favorite steak recipe is when I take a girl to a steakhouse and she orders some dumbass cheap salad with some grilled chicken on it, while I drink a fuckton of martinis and eat way too much steak.

Obviously I foot the bill and bang her later.

Cook my own steak.... You guys are hilarious! Who is THAT poor?

im incredibly poor. anyway i bought 2 ribeyes and im going to cookone now.i cant take a pic cuz my phone broke. im sowwy

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Know how to make a good steak? Put some A1 on that bitch.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
i really genuinely look down on people who eat cheap rear end beef steak instead of moose steak

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!

extra stout posted:

i really genuinely look down on people who eat cheap rear end beef steak instead of moose steak

I had a venison steak yesterday. It was okay. I don't really know how to cook it so I did the hot pan method with bacon grease and the butter baste.

It was okay I guess.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I like venison but ive never had it as a steak. My uncle gave us some breakfast sausage he made outta a deer he shot one time and it was loving delicious

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Grew up on a beef farm, so steak/burger/roasts/soup bones were essentially free. My father killed two steers back in January, so total dressed weight was nearly 1400 lbs. Right now my parents have a chest and upright freezer full at the cottage, and another upright freezer at the house. My chest freezer probably has 100 lbs of beef in it in total.

One of the better steaks that I have BBQ'd (medium rare), some Limousine Cattle, and a Limo Bull

Limousine/Charolais cross. This is one of the better cross-breeds that you can have as Limousine cattle have some of the highest dressing weights (usable meat after dressing) and Charolais have some of the best weight gaining weights/rates. Both of them (when on proper feed) have excellent tasting beef with good marbling.

For an ideal steak, you pretty much want to keep your cattle (prior to butchering) off of Corn as it basically pollutes the meat. Corn is really cheap/subsidized, so a lot of feed lots in the US like to give their cattle a steady died of nothing but corn. This causes the fat to take on a yellow hue and even taste of corn, giving your a "corny tasting steak". Ideally, you want your beef to be grass fed, as that causes the least fat pollution. Now grass fed doesn't mean that they have to be out to pasture all the time. Hay, and many grains count as "grass" as hay is different varieties of grasses/plants, and many grains are essentially just compressed hay in pellet form.

Some people claim that the best beef comes from Angus cattle, but the only thing Angus excels at is amazing marketing. Angus are a decent tasting beef, but then again it all depends on how you breed/feed them. Others will say that Kobe beef is the best steak as well, but the price/hype is half of that, and it all comes down to preference. Personally, I find Kobe beef to be much too fatty, and to me it feels/tastes like I'm just eating the fat ring from a regular steak.

If you like well done steak, or some sort of sauce that I don't like . . . then I literally don't care. We already have your money.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Blistex posted:

If you like well done steak, or some sort of sauce that I don't like . . . then I literally don't care. We already have your money.

A pragmatist. I can respect that.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
gently caress I wish I had 100lbs of steak in my freezer you lucky son of a bitch

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!

Nooner posted:

I like venison but ive never had it as a steak. My uncle gave us some breakfast sausage he made outta a deer he shot one time and it was loving delicious

oh yeah, Venison owns. I live in Minnesota, which has a lot of hunters, but you can't actually buy it in grocery stores. IIRC, because food regulators can't control the quality or something. I also don't hunt, so it is a crap shoot if I can convince a friend to give / sell me some.

I've also made vension burgers before, but since venison is so lean you gotta do something to it. In that case, I put a bunch of cooked bacon in the mince before forming the patties (http://allrecipes.com/recipe/111933/venison-bacon-burgers/) and then grilled them. They were great.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Nooner posted:

gently caress I wish I had 100lbs of steak in my freezer you lucky son of a bitch

A lot of people will also say, "pffft! Your steak has been frozen. . . enjoy your lovely beef" but it literally makes no difference.

I'll see if I have a photo of the full freezers on my onedrive. It's pretty hilarious to see a 6x4x4' chest freezer literally filled right to the top with nothing but wrapped meat.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Blistex posted:

A lot of people will also say, "pffft! Your steak has been frozen. . . enjoy your lovely beef" but it literally makes no difference.

I'll see if I have a photo of the full freezers on my onedrive. It's pretty hilarious to see a 6x4x4' chest freezer literally filled right to the top with nothing but wrapped meat.

there is absolutely nothing wrong with freezing steaks I have a few in my freezer right now that I will be enjoying at a later date :colbert:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Some people have no idea how the meatpacking industry works.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

VendaGoat posted:

Some people have no idea how the meatpacking industry works.

Maybe not meatpacking, but I hear you know a lot about fudgepacking :grin:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Nooner posted:

Maybe not meatpacking, but I hear you know a lot about fudgepacking :grin:

Sure do! Wrap it up and slam it home. Got a lot of practice on your mum. :grin:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
eat marinated flank steak today

thats carne asada for all u midwesterners out there

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

VendaGoat posted:

Sure do! Wrap it up and slam it home. Got a lot of practice on your mum. :grin:

lol fukk

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Venison burgs sound nice. Might need to try them some time. Not so sure bout Venison steaks though...

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
its the weekend bros

that means steak

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

weak minded fool

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

Know how to make a good steak? Put some A1 on that bitch.

Steakhack: Save money on A1 by taking a hot, steamy piss onto your steak instead

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Drunk Nerds posted:

Steakhack: Save money on A1 by taking a hot, steamy piss onto your steak instead

just eat a gently caress ton of ginger first.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
It was a misteak reading this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
I am cooking steak right now, gonna have a baked potato with all the fixins and a downright tasty salad.

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights
I like my steaks medium-well. I don't know how you all eat your steak with blood all over the plate :vomarine:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

I used to be steak retarded. Well done or bust. Then I watched this and learned how to not be stupid.

• Locked thread